Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again, Toby!

Do you know when this serum will be available for sale?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Okay Sigma you are in luck thanks to mpstat. I misplaced mine when we had new flooring put in and thought I knew where is was....wrong....I am using my cheap model that I have to keep tapping at the end of three min. I emailed mpstat and she sent me the link, we both had ordered one. Here it is
http://www.invisibleclock.com/
Now realize it won't hurt you to go some over 3min..and many don't need a timer...doesn't have to be exact. But if you are like me....I have two lightstims and do my treatment before I go to sleep and do it while I am laying down. Without using a timer my 3 min. could end up in sleepy land!!! Laughing

Oh my, I never thought of that. I should keep my old one then I would be done in half the time. Duh!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:22 am      Reply with quote
It could be available now....I am not sure. Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, I was wondering if you are trying the new serum as well and how it compares with the pumpkin extract cell stem serum of yours? Thank you.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I just talked to Lightstim - the new lights are made here in good old US of A, only the electric cord is made in China (I was concerned about the quality of these new units, so decided to check..)

HTH

P.S. They are trying to get it corrected with QVC as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby for the review on the new serum. I'm really glad to hear that it's working so well because like you I don't have the time right now to get into DIY.

I didn't realize I was getting the serum as a bonus! I thought it was part of the package deal. I did wonder why it isn't available to buy on the website.
Parsnip
5% products discount

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Toby and Kassy, I know that recent discussions have been around using the AALS every other day. The company seems to suggest that every day use is preferred. In your testing of the new light stim are you using it daily or staying with every other day? ...and have your feelings changed on the need for a day off inbetween? Thank you for all of your time and information Wink.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
When I started using the Lightstim a year ago I had a lengthy conversation with Steve since I had done light treatments with other lights. He suggested daily treatments and two days off. That is the way I have done it when I was in the first phase of treatment and then when I went into maintenance I did two times a week. I have started back to a phase one again in using the serum with the treatments. The results are very nice! Wink

Now if you have some of the other LED lights, not a Lightstim....I am sure the serum Steve carries would ramp up your light treatments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Parsnip wrote:
Kassy, I was wondering if you are trying the new serum as well and how it compares with the pumpkin extract cell stem serum of yours? Thank you.

I used the serum alone (twice a day) for the 1st week, and did treatments 5 nights in a row. (I didn't use any other products, including vit C for the entire week.)

On about the 3rd day of use, it looked to me that the undereye area looked a little nicer. Unfortunately, the comparison picture I took didn't confirm any obvious change. After the 1st week I added my own regime back in, but continued to only use the LS serum before a treatment.

With that said, I will also offer that I do incorporate Matrixyl 3000 and Hyaluronic Acid into my DIY serums, so perhaps I'm already a step ahead of the game in that regard.. (There are a couple of other actives in the LS serum, but those two are the ones that would work the *quickest* on lines/wrinkles IMHO.)

It wouldn't be fair to compare it to my DIY "Cell Stimulating Serum" because not only do I have more + different actives in mine, but I have them at very significant concentration... (Retail products just don't do that as a rule.) I do like the LS serum though, and think it would make a nice light moisturizing serum, even without LED use.

I'll say this though about the LS serum it's lovely to use, absorbs in quickly, and to my nose, had no artificial fragrance. (For DIY folks, this serum could be tweaked and stretched like you wouldn't believe... Laughing)

Parsnip wrote:
Toby and Kassy, I know that recent discussions have been around using the AALS every other day. The company seems to suggest that every day use is preferred. In your testing of the new light stim are you using it daily or staying with every other day? ...and have your feelings changed on the need for a day off inbetween? Thank you for all of your time and information Wink.

I did 5 treatments per week, over the last two weeks as Steve requested. For me I see no obvious positives in this kind of aggressive treatment at this 3 plus year mark of use. I do see one negative though, and that is a puffiness of the entire upper eye area. Actually I am *feeling* what might turn out to be a positive, but at this time pictures aren't showing any change.. *My face + neck *feel* tighter* (I have also been doing a new massage that I found on U-Tube the past few nights, so it could be that too.. Confused )

As I've said all along, I'll repeat again for our newer members or new LS users. Here's what worked well for me since Sept 2007. (We are all unique and different, so I'm just offering this as a general guide if it helps.)

- TAKE BEFORE PICTURES THAT YOU CAN EASILY DUPLICATE IN A ROOM WITH NO WINDOWS, THAT HAS ARTIFICIAL LIGHT... Please trust me on this, and don't rely on the mirror alone. The results are subtle and cumulative, and then all of a sudden you will have a BAM moment (at around 4ish months), and without the pictures you won't be able to pinpoint anything. (I had nicer feeling skin from day 1, so do the *feel* test too.)

- 4 or 5 times a week for the 1st 6 to 8 weeks, depending on age.) You want to be aggressive through at least the 1st skin cycle.

- Once you are seeing noticable results, you can back off to 2 or 3 times per week. (Let your skin be your guide.. It will tell you exactly what it needs!)

- cover each section of area to be treated for 3 or 4 minutes. (I do 3 but I'm not obbessive or anything. I just do it while watching TV and check the clock on the cable box.. going over an extra minute isn't a problem. (Like anything else, everybody has to experiment to see what THEIR skin wants!)

- drinking a glass of water pre and post treatment will help rid the toxins through the increased lymphatic drainage the LED promotes. (For massage girls and boys, you can kick this up a notch by doing a quick manual lymphatic drainage massage after your treatment..(apply a nice oil so you don't irritate your skin.)

- for me exfoliating is a must and I just use a microfiber cloth gently. (Age is a definite factor to keep in mind with exfoliation.. Young'uns skin naturally turns over every 28 days.. My age (60) takes more around the 6 week mark.. (I just help it along and my skin still behaves and looks much younger.. Wink )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I just read the QVC link that Toby shared on another thread and just think it's important to clarify this for newbie's to LED's.

It's being advertised for treatment of "periorbital wrinkles", but please don't just use it on the eye area. (Maybe being approved as a "medical" device by the FDA makes the rules more stringent for what it can be advertised for.. Confused )I dunno Very Happy

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A213089.desc.LightStim-For-Wrinkles-Handheld-LED-Light-Device

Anyhoo, just want to make sure that anybody who uses or buys this (or any good) LED, spreads the goodness around to your; face, neck, decollete and hands.. Very Happy

*Just another thought for those who know and trust me here; the QVC price of $244.56 (today) with 3 flex pays and free shipping is sick*... And yes, I'm ordering another one!* Unlike you guys, I have the advantage of knowing what his *gift* is for those who purchase with the QVC launch, and it's an honest to God really nice deal for those who were contemplating an LED.

Later Kiddies Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Toby, any more info on Steve's new serum that he will be selling? Do you know the ingredients in it?

Here ya go Riley;

Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerine (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Water (and) Carbomer (and) Polysorbate-20 (and) Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (and) Palmitoyl-Tetrapeptide-7, Saccharide Isomerate, Water (and) Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (and) Tripeptide-10 Citrulline (and) Tripeptide-1 (and) Lecithin (and) Xanthan Gum (and) Carbomer (and) Triethanolamine (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, *** Ergothioneine, Phenoxyethanol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Carbomer, Tromethamine.

Just an FYI that might be of interest... I was hesitant to use it when I saw "cyclomethicone" in there because of occlusion issues, but my concern was put to rest by the scientist that formulated this serum..(We spoke on the phone.)

In short he said it was a; "genetically modified silicone, with a loose molecular structure, that evaporates once the actives have penetrated the SC"..

Even so, I applied it 1 hour prior to treatment, then ran a damp cloth over my face to remove any bit that might have lingered before using the light... Laughing (Just sayin..)

I also questioned him on the "butylene glycol" that is the carrier for the 'Matrixyl3000 + Trylagen', and he laughed, and asked me if I liked and ate brocolli... I said I loved it, and he said that a little side dish of brocolli, will give me 100 times more BG than what is in this serum Laughing Seems toothpaste is reeking with the dreaded PG, and a hundred other things I've used regularly.. (The items I have in bold comprise the Matrixyl3000,)

The actives/peptides/antioxidants are really very nice in this serum, and I believe folks would be hard pressed to find something comparable for less than twice the price.

For those interested, the pH is just about 5.7

ETA: If anybody has questions for me speak now, or hold your peace till November 9th.. Very Happy

InSweetTime
5% products discount

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Just bought mine. Should be delivered on the 5th. I will keep you posted!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I'm stuck on how we ramp (tweak and stretch) the serum up if we're into DIY. Do Tell Girlfriend.... Steve should be on anytime....

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Did this air on qvc? I went there but didn't see that it had aired. I did see that it is on waitlist now. Luckily, I bought mine a few days ago on qvc. It has already shipped out. Is there really a gift for eds members who purchase through QVC? I emailed lightstim but the person who responded didn't seem to know about it. Thanks.

Cindy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
cmayes71 wrote:
Did this air on qvc? I went there but didn't see that it had aired. I did see that it is on waitlist now. Luckily, I bought mine a few days ago on qvc. It has already shipped out. Is there really a gift for eds members who purchase through QVC? I emailed lightstim but the person who responded didn't seem to know about it. Thanks.

Cindy

Oh yes it was on and Steve did a wonderful job and the QVC host was grand!!! Sold out in no time. Yes you contact Lightstim about your QVC purchase but you need to talk to Steve!!! Steve's skin looked great...by the way!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
cmayes71, It sold out really quick. I was surprised. Probably wasn't on more than 5 minutes. I was looking for more details regarding the device. I have forehead and NL folds I would like to address these. I may wait and buy an led device sometime next year.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
xandria,
The Lightstim works great on the forehead area and n/l. You can check my pictures out here.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=1825

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Okay gang if you missed QVC viewing here is a clip....just click on the video! Very Happy http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A213089.desc.LightStim-For-Wrinkles-Handheld-LED-Light-Device

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Toby, any more info on Steve's new serum that he will be selling? Do you know the ingredients in it?

Here ya go Riley;

Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerine (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Water (and) Carbomer (and) Polysorbate-20 (and) Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (and) Palmitoyl-Tetrapeptide-7, Saccharide Isomerate, Water (and) Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (and) Tripeptide-10 Citrulline (and) Tripeptide-1 (and) Lecithin (and) Xanthan Gum (and) Carbomer (and) Triethanolamine (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, *** Ergothioneine, Phenoxyethanol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Carbomer, Tromethamine.

Thanks so much, Kassy. I appreciate you posting the ingredients.

And, thanks Toby for your review of the serum.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Here ya go Riley;

Just an FYI that might be of interest... I was hesitant to use it when I saw "cyclomethicone" in there because of occlusion issues, but my concern was put to rest by the scientist that formulated this serum..(We spoke on the phone.)

In short he said it was a; "genetically modified silicone, with a loose molecular structure, that evaporates once the actives have penetrated the SC"..

Even so, I applied it 1 hour prior to treatment, then ran a damp cloth over my face to remove any bit that might have lingered before using the light... Laughing (Just sayin..)

I also questioned him on the "butylene glycol" that is the carrier for the 'Matrixyl3000 + Trylagen', and he laughed, and asked me if I liked and ate brocolli... I said I loved it, and he said that a little side dish of brocolli, will give me 100 times more BG than what is in this serum Laughing Seems toothpaste is reeking with the dreaded PG, and a hundred other things I've used regularly.. (The items I have in bold comprise the Matrixyl3000,)

The actives/peptides/antioxidants are really very nice in this serum, and I believe folks would be hard pressed to find something comparable for less than twice the price.

For those interested, the pH is just about 5.7

ETA: If anybody has questions for me speak now, or hold your peace till November 9th.. Very Happy

So did this scientist actually say what the name of this genetically modified silicone is?

Because the ingredients list has "Cyclomethicone" and in everyone thing I have found on the net and in chemical publications...Cyclomethicones are classified as unmodified silicones due to their chemical structure. So, if they are using a genetically modified silicone in this formulation then it should probably be listed in their ingredients as another name then Cyclomethicone.
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, it sold out fast. His skin does look great, Toby. I'm glad I ordered it and can't wait to receive it.

Cindy
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
cmayes71 wrote:

Cindy

Oh yes it was on and Steve did a wonderful job and the QVC host was grand!!! Sold out in no time. Yes you contact Lightstim about your QVC purchase but you need to talk to Steve!!! Steve's skin looked great...by the way!

Lisa Mason is my favorite host. She rocked with Steve. I think she is leaving QVC sometime soon. And yes, Steve's skin looked really good. I ordered one so now I have one for each hand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
About Cyclomethicone, I find it strange the explanation given by the authors at LS of the serum because of this:
http://www.3dchem.com/molecules.asp?ID=315

'Cyclomethicone is used as a base solvent to blend with fragrance oils and perfume oils. Cyclomethicone is a clear, odorless silicone. It leaves a silky-smooth feel when sprayed on the skin. Ideal for body sprays, lotions creams, bath salts, hair care, linen sprays etc. Cyclomethicone stays completely blended and crystal clear without shaking.

Cyclomethicones are unmodified silicones that possess a cyclical structure rather than the chain structures of dimethyl silicones. Low heat of vaporization and the ability to select a desired vapor pressure has led their use as cosmetic vehicles. Unmodified silicones stay on or near the surface of the skin. Not only are the molecules too big to physically enter past the upper living cells, they associate with the upper layer of drying skin but they also cannot penetrate cell membranes due to their large size.

Cyclomethicones evaporate quickly after helping to carry oils into the top layer of epidermis. From there, they may be absorbed by the skin. Cyclomethicones perform a similar function in hair care products by helping nutrients enter the hair shaft.

Formal Chemical Name (IUPAC)
2,2,4,4,6,6,8,8,10,10-decamethyl-1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8,10-pentaoxapentasilecane'

Why say its genetically modified when it seems ok by itself? And how do you genetically modify a silicone?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Toby or Kassy - Do either of you know how old Steve is? I hope he isn't on here Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
xandria,
The Lightstim works great on the forehead area and n/l. You can check my pictures out here.

Toby,

Thank you for the feedback on your results. I was trying to decide on the baby q or lightstim. I'm now leaning more towards the lightstim. I will probably get mine sometime in the near future and hope that I have some positive results as well.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |