Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
boudicca wrote:
I have been using my Lightstim for about 3 weeks now and am very impressed with the results so far. Did not take photos - know my face backwards (LOL) - but can already see my facial skin is clearer and various lesions and bumps on my neck are receding. The backs of my hands are brilliant - where age spots were multiplying I have much clearer and more youthful-looking, plumper skin. I have also started using it on my arms and am hoping that the sun damage to my decollete area, acquired when much younger (I cover up now), will improve slowly over time. (I think ?Kassy said she had had improvement). I will be over the moon if I could have that area improved.

One question: I did not receive goggles with it - was I supposed to? (I am in the UK). I haven't been too near the under eye area yet because of the intensity but I guess small swim goggles will do, as I really want to target this area too. I have not bought the serum yet (I have to consider the added duty and exchange rate when purchasing from the US!!).

I would not have considered buying such an expensive product from abroad if I had not read all the genuine reviews on EDS - thank you for sharing your experiences!

A great site!

boudicca Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I had absolutely the best and quickest result on my chicken skin neck, and sun damaged decollete'. To be quite honest and frank, it was shocking how quickly those areas responded for me. In fact I posted pictures on the forum, because I thought I was going crazy.

BUT, I started out with the "original" LS, which I used for 4 or 5 months, before ever hearing about the "anti-aging" model. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it at all.. Confused

My personal experience is that I have the best response on the places where I had the most damage (neck + decollete'). My face was in fairly good shape to begin with, other than the sallowness I had from a lifetime of smoking. That also responded very quickly, and I'm since enjoying a healthy, pinkish skin. (Topically applied products at work here also, as well as my vigilance on bringing increased circulation to the skin!)

I am very lucky that age/sun spots were never a concern for me, other than a few tiny ones on my hands. A couple have disappeared, and the couple that remain have just lightened a bit. (What I had on my chest was more akin to damaged skin, which looked like a sunburn, even in the dead of winter.. And the dreaded, bumpy, chicken skin.)

I hope you continue to enjoy nice results with your LED, but don't forget to incorporate all of the other lovely things that can give you even nicer results. For instance; if hyper-pigmentation is a concern for you, incorporate products like "niacinamide" which will help to address that.

In any event, I don't think anybody should rely solely on an LED, because there are so many other things we can do which will compliment the LED treatments.

It isn't a magic wand all by itself, but it can work a little magic when used in conjunction with other beneficial things.. And of course the long term commitment that is necessary. For me, I'm all for anything and everything I can do at home, which will slow down the hands of time and keep me from anything invasive. (So far so good, and I like being a *virgin*...) Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Am I hearing correctly - everyone thinks the serum is worth buying? I was disappointed we didn't get a "try me" with the purchase of the AALS... boo hoo. Any more word on the 20% off?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Aren't the AALS product from Lightstim and on QVC the same product? With improved handle, etc.

Another question - Am I hearing it correctly - everyone thinks the serum is worth buying? I was disappointed we didn't get a "try me" with the purchase of the AALS... boo hoo.

No the new handle Lightstim is only sold on QVC until Jan.1. Sis did you order from QVC and not get the free gift form Steve? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yep - ordered off the "Q" Laughing and no serum from Steve....
I emailed him and got a response from someone else who told me I could purchase it - no problem. Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I had absolutely the best and quickest result on my chicken skin neck, and sun damaged decollete'. To be quite honest and frank, it was shocking how quickly those areas responded for me. In fact I posted pictures on the forum, because I thought I was going crazy.

As I use it more & more on my neck I am seeing similar results to you! - decollete taking longer

Kassy_A wrote:
My face was in fairly good shape to begin with...

Me too - inherited good genes and not too much sun damage - but always, always had blemishes, which are clearing amazingly! Also, a beautician had demonstrated her supposedly marvellous microabrasion machine on an age spot on my arm in March, creating a worse mark than the original(Grrrrr), which has not faded despite various creams - until now with the LED!

Kassy_A wrote:
I hope you continue to enjoy nice results with your LED, but don't forget to incorporate all of the other lovely things that can give you even nicer results. For instance; if hyper-pigmentation is a concern for you, incorporate products like "niacinamide" which will help to address that.

Thanks for info - currently just using my usual creams but happy to try other things, although a lot of products mentioned on EDS not available over here - Boudicca

Sorry, can't bold my responses above as using son's laptop and don't know how too without a mouse Confused
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
boudicca wrote:
Sorry, can't bold my responses above as using son's laptop and don't know how too without a mouse Confused

An easy way to do bold with out a mouse is to put a 'b' in brackets '[ ]'. Put a plain one at the beginning and another at the end, but at the end, include a forward slash before the 'b'. ie: [/b]

And easy way to learn this is to hit the quote button on someone's post that did that and see how it's laid out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I've finally started using my AALS on a consistent basis and have seen nice changes to my neck - a horizontal line has disappeared! I think things are plumping up on my face too, but not sure it's all AALS(I've put on a few pounds Embarassed )

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sigma, where did you hear the serum would be 20% off in the future? I keep checking the website and hoping it will be on sale. Thank you.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Found this information re using LED with fillers and Botox:

Quote:
Q. Can LED light treatment be used on someone who has been treated recently with Botox® or fillers?

A. Reply by the manufacturer of the DPL System: From our research and review of studies, using LEDs typically does not cause an increase in dissipation of fillers or Botox. Filler dissipation is usually a result of poor insertion. Also, everyone's skin is different and dissipation will not be the same for every person. But it appears that in most cases using LED therapy will not cause fillers or Botox to dissipate more quickly. Normally a person should wait a couple days to let the fillers settle a bit, then start using the LED's slowly. If there is bruising at the injection site the LED light will help with healing. If someone is hesitant to use the light in an area where there have had botox or fillers they can cover that area with a thick material, such as a rolled-up towel.

http://www.light4beauty.com/faq.html

Personally, it's not something that's ever worried me - I'm sure the AALS has not had a negative effect on my fillers or Botox.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I went ahead and purchased the lightstim from QVC recently. I've had the device now for about three weeks and love it. I was in a minor car accident and been going to a chiropractor for treatments. One of my visits I think the doctor over corrected the adjustment in my right hip. My right knee and ankle became somewhat swollen and painful. Felt like I was dragging my leg around. Anyway I used the LED on my knee and ankle for about 15mins each joint the next day it was all better. No pain and inflammation. Did the same for my right hand and elbow this helped for the pain I'd been having from typing and holding the mouse.

I didn't believe it at first but it does help for joint pain inflammation.

I bought the lightstim to correct the N/L folds, 11's and forehead wrinkles. I really hoping that it will build collagen and elastin like the company says it will.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
My husband is still using the lightstim.....I think he finds it relaxing while watching his sports games in the easy chair. He mentioned that he is seeing an improvement.....he is normally the biggest skeptic ever!!I am acting very casual about his comments and interest....if I get too excited and draw attention to it the spell might be broken! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Alright..so i HAD to keep experimenting with the AALS (even though it did cause (more) damage to my right cheek than it did the first time i tried it 2 years ago!) just because of every one's great results....so i've been using it ...accept for my right upper and lower cheek and eye area...for the last couple of weeks..according to my own intuitive 'system'...because of my 'responsiveness'/sensitivity to the light...building up to prob around 1 minute on each section of the rest of my face & neck...holding the led a bit away from my skin...moving it very very frequently from one section of my face/neck to another and back again...and giving myself a break of a week after using it this way for about 4 days..etc (i also used it with frequent applications of Ageless Secret Gold during the treatment...which is an energetic serum that's been helping my skin)..and i have to say..i am beginning to be very impressed as the part of my face i've using the AALS on seems even smoother than the part i haven't been able to use it on. The only caveat is that it does dehydrate my skin..even w/the AGS i'm using..and despite all the water i'm drinking.....but i am going to experiment w/drinking dif kinds of water in the near future... alkalizing and structured water..to see if that will alleviate that prob.....i am more 'organically'..meaning my body rather than my mind... attracted to violet leds..and have been doing some research...non-scientifc..about the effect of violet light on the skin...but i still very happy (but still in 'experimentation mode') at this point to have the AALS.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:41 am      Reply with quote
what a sweet sweet post regarding your husband and his AALS experience..

i know what you mean about 'not wanting to break the spell' as i've had similar feelings about my dh's venture into constitutional homeopathy...bought about by his sense that 'something' was happening to me that he related to as being transformative...

now when he expresses deep emotional parts of himself...aided by the energy of his homopathic remedy..i just want to go OMG..THIS IS SO UNBELIEVEABLE...but i hold back for the same reasons of not wanting to'break the spell' and just nod my head or cuddle closer, or something like that.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
The sad part is that the new AALS is way too hot for me. I do have very reactive skin, but never had a problem with the old one. The new one left a red circle on my cheek, that was gone in a few hours. However, while the old one feels comfortably warm the new one feels uncomfortable, bordering on being too hot.

In short, I will be returning it to QVC and ordering the old AALS directly from Lightstim.

HTH

I'm having the same problem with the one I purchased from QVC. I definitely know its the unit and not me or my skin. I wonder if its the change in the design or this is just a fluke, but there's a noticeable difference. This one heats up much faster and does become HOT and uncomfortable, whereas the one from Lightstim wamred up much more slowly and never became uncomfortably hot.
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
BTW - does anyone know if Stevie is manufacturing the LED device for HSN? I thought he was because it looks almost identical to the new Lightstim. Then I heard Jennifer Stallone (from their Serious Skin Care line) has a company called Flagoli is distributing the product.

If this is the same unit and manufactured by Lightstim, HSN has a contest where you can play everyday and its easy as pie to get a 15% off code

http://beauty.hsn.com/the-beauty-buzz-anti-wrinkle-led-light-tool-with-serum_p-6205185_xp.aspx
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Toby, any more info on Steve's new serum that he will be selling? Do you know the ingredients in it?

Here ya go Riley;

Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerine (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Water (and) Carbomer (and) Polysorbate-20 (and) Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (and) Palmitoyl-Tetrapeptide-7, Saccharide Isomerate, Water (and) Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (and) Tripeptide-10 Citrulline (and) Tripeptide-1 (and) Lecithin (and) Xanthan Gum (and) Carbomer (and) Triethanolamine (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, *** Ergothioneine, Phenoxyethanol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Carbomer, Tromethamine.

I just wanted to make something clear to the people who have ordered the LED package from HSN, or are on the wait list. Their package includes the new LED light which they are now calling "The Beauty Buzz Anti-Wrinkle LED Light Tool", 1 oz. Enhancement Serum, Eye goggles, AC adapter, Travel case and a Manufacturer's 2-year limited warranty. Here are the ingredients of the Enhancement Serum:

Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protein, Glycerin, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Proline, Glycogen, Alanine, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Epigallocatechin Gallate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance,Cyanacobalamin.

As you can see, this is not the same as the LightStim Collagen Peptide Serum which you can order directly from Steve (by phone). The HSN serum can be purchased separately from them for $32.50

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Aren't the AALS product from Lightstim and on QVC the same product? With improved handle, etc.

Another question - Am I hearing it correctly - everyone thinks the serum is worth buying? I was disappointed we didn't get a "try me" with the purchase of the AALS... boo hoo.

No the new handle Lightstim is only sold on QVC until Jan.1. Sis did you order from QVC and not get the free gift form Steve? Embarassed

fmvalentina and Lacy,

Are you both talking about the same product? I have only seen QVC mentioned as selling the AALS made by Steve and Lightstim? Not HSN or Jennifer from SSC which is only on HSN to my knowledge not QVC???

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to know what the hell is going on... Confused

I ordered another LED when QVC had their special, but didn't get the serum that Lacy mentioned. (I don't find it all that impressive, (based on the ingredient list), but none the less, why didn't I get it..?) Granted, Lacy mentioned HS and not QVC, so not sure if that's a mistake.

I agree with DM.. and would also like to know WTH is going on?

To my knowledge, QVC has full rights to sell the *new* LightStim For Wrinkles until Jan 1, and then after that it will be available at the Lightstim website.

While we're at it, I'd just also offer that the "new mold" will be great for those who prefer a definite heat factor with their treatments (IMHO)... I find it much more 'hot' than the original AALS. (I happen to like this, but I don't know that the majority would concur.)

Personally, I like the original AALS, and I'm glad I have two of them. I like the "new" one, but find the original more comfortable to use for lengthy treatments. (With that said, I find the comfort level in holding it, more comfortable in the newest model.

Argh! I didn't help anybody with that mixed up post, did I? Confused

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

fmvalentina and Lacy,

Are you both talking about the same product? I have only seen QVC mentioned as selling the AALS made by Steve and Lightstim? Not HSN or Jennifer from SSC which is only on HSN to my knowledge not QVC???

The Lightstim at QVC is definitely the LIGHTSTIM device and supplied from Steve at Lightstim.

I saw the new *HSN model* and read on the HSN forum that Jennifer and someone else were discussing the device when Jennifer was on air selling Serious Skin Care. Jennifer stated it was distributed by their "sister company" as stated above. Since Jennifer said it's being distributed, there's no reason why it couldn't be Steve's device, it looks a lot like it, but I was asking if anyone knew anymore info about it. I don't know whether it is or is not Steve's device being distributed by JS's company or if it's a totally different device. It looked very similar to me.

Jennifer Stallone is one of HSN's largest vendor which means she has tremendous pull at HSN. It wouldn't suruprise me if she wanted to distirbute it. Again, just a guess. I belive I read Jennifer's sister company is distributing beauty devices.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Personally, I like the original AALS, and I'm glad I have two of them. I like the "new" one, but find the original more comfortable to use for lengthy treatments. (With that said, I find the comfort level in holding it, more comfortable in the newest model.

Argh! I didn't help anybody with that mixed up post, did I? Confused

No!!! Laughing So which is more comfortable? (Not that that would be an issue for me).

I am absolutely intrigued by the fact that you are all finding the newer model hotter. I still can't understand this, given that the specifications are the same. Surely the moulding can't make that much difference.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the Lightstim from QVC before it even aired and didn't receive any serum. It was never quite clear to me if it was coming with the device or I had to call to request it. I forgot about it till now.
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I find the previous design of the Lightstim more comfortable to hold. I wasn't crazy about the new handle.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Just some thoughts:

Maybe the new Lightstim is being manufactured by a different company with the same specs but different components. (Why was the Lightstim changed in the first place?)

Maybe the new company is badging the device in various names (are they allowed to do this?) hence the similar device appearing on HSN with a different serum.

I think all of this deserves some more investigation - Kassy???

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering the same, if the specs. are the same and the lights more recessed maybe some other component is different and causing greater heat?

HSN and QVC...just thinking out loud (in type) if it's "exclusive" to QVC until a certain date that could be big trouble as in breech of contract for Steve?
Duping the look of a device this wouldn't be the first time it's happened with no connection to the originator! Maybe an email to Steve would be the fastest way to get an answer??? Kassy???

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think the HSN light is exactly like the lightstim but it is close. Regarding the lightstim, I like the fact that it gets a bit warmer and I also like the handle. Right now I am using my DPL in the morning directly after my Ageless Secret Gold as a test and the AALS on my forehead at night as another test. I am also testing a new recipe and testing a new bottle of wine. Wink

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |