Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I think the reason the QVC device feels hotter is the design of the handle, as has been mentioned. So while the actual heat output is technically the same, the recessed lip of surrounding the lights means they are more directly in contact with the skin. At least that is how I have understood it.

Based on this, I would take Steve up on his offer to exchange the handle if the heat really is intolerable. In my case, while I don't totally groove on how hot it gets, I am getting used to it. I have come to love using this device at night - I think it even might be a kind of mood elevator, lol. Very Happy When I put it between my eyebrows, it's like my brain is getting a dose of endorphins...

It will be grand to see how my skin changes in about 6 weeks - more collagen? I sure hope so!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
I have come to love using this device at night - I think it even might be a kind of mood elevator, lol. Very Happy When I put it between my eyebrows, it's like my brain is getting a dose of endorphins...

I am with you on this!!! Dancing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
I think the reason the QVC device feels hotter is the design of the handle, as has been mentioned. So while the actual heat output is technically the same, the recessed lip of surrounding the lights means they are more directly in contact with the skin. At least that is how I have understood it.

Based on this, I would take Steve up on his offer to exchange the handle if the heat really is intolerable. In my case, while I don't totally groove on how hot it gets, I am getting used to it. I have come to love using this device at night - I think it even might be a kind of mood elevator, lol. Very Happy When I put it between my eyebrows, it's like my brain is getting a dose of endorphins...

It will be grand to see how my skin changes in about 6 weeks - more collagen? I sure hope so!

Personally, I never felt it was coming from the difference in the handle, but the recessed lip or placement of the lights from one unit to the other might be the cause, but there definitely is a difference. Since mine has now "cooled down" I think I might have a quirky or problem device and QVC will exchange it for me.

I had mentioned it to Steve and I have told some friends that I felt the lights definitely had some kind of mood altering effect on me and the effect seems to be cumulative. Definitely a nice side effect of the AALS.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

Personally, I never felt it was coming from the difference in the handle, but the recessed lip or placement of the lights from one unit to the other might be the cause, but there definitely is a difference. Since mine has now "cooled down" I think I might have a quirky or problem device and QVC will exchange it for me.

I had mentioned it to Steve and I have told some friends that I felt the lights definitely had some kind of mood altering effect on me and the effect seems to be cumulative. Definitely a nice side effect of the AALS.

I think exchanging it is definitely the way to go... and I hope you report back whether there is any difference. I just use mine much more lightly - that is, I don't press it as hard against my skin, but boy, when I forget, wow!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:

With all due respect to Steve, several people who own both devices have posted that the newer one runs hotter. I would imagine Steve has not tested every device himself so I would say to the best of Steve's knowledge they should both run the same and surely intended them to give out the same amount of heat, but it's hard to ignore something was happening when a few people stated they all noticed the same thing. Saying they ARE giving out the same amount of heat because Steve said they are, or should be, doesn't negate the fact that for several of us who posted there was a noticeable difference.

I totally agree with you, and I promise, I am not delusional either.. Laughing

I have (and use) the 'original', 'anti-aging', 'therapy' and new model 'wrinkle/aa'.

The new anti-aging/wrinkle model gives off more heat than any of the others. In my experience it gets warmer and warmer the longer I have it turned on. If I press it *firmly* to my face for 3 minutes, it's quite annoying after a while. If I just hold it gently against my skin, it's fairly comfortable. (I do enjoy probably more heat than the majority of people, so for me to find it uncomfortable (after a while) was quite surprising.) For what it's worth, I also own the 'Omnilux NU', and one of the reasons I hated it was because it was so HOT.. This new AALS/Wrinkle light is as hot or hotter.

It's only my opinion, but I do believe that both the smaller lighter handle, and the diodes being recessed more, is responsible for the additional heat build up that is unquestionable in my experience. Perhaps the heat is more concentrated under the diodes, because it simply doesn't have as much space to dissipate? Anyway, that makes sense to me..Laughing

I have no doubt that Steve has become quite knowledgeable about his product, as well he should be, and being the responsible person that I know he is, I'm sure he appreciates ALL opinions from the folks who shelled out the dollars, and are consistently using the products. With that said, I would also suggest that folks should not hang on his every word so unconditionally, because things just aren't always so black and white... Simply put, I would rather consider the opinions of the masses who have actually purchased and used the products, than just hang on the word of the manufacturer of a product, and hope that he/she is right.. (And then of course there's the financial side of things, that always puts bias in the mix whether intentional or quite innocently.)

Soooo, with all that said, I might as well put my 2 cents in since I've been using the *new* light a couple of months now, and my feelings changed a little.

- I prefer the AALS over the Wrinkle model. (The AALS just feels + looks like a better quality to me, and I find the warmth factor much more appealing.)

- I've been using it pretty religiously every other night, because I wanted to give it a really good trial. (Previously, at this 3+ year mark, I was continuing to see nice subtle improvements with 1 or 2 treatments per week.) At the very least, I was able to claim that I didn't see any signs of aging at all in the last 2ish years.

- And the bad; I would first offer that I have had a tremendous amount of stress in my life over the last 3 months, and we all know the toll that can take on our looks. So take with a grain of salt, that in the last few weeks I am seeing a very dragged down face looking back at me in the mirror. The worst of it is more pronounced NL lines/folds, a slackening kind of flatness to my *usual* perky cheeks, and kind of just a thin/drawn faced look, if that makes sense.. Confused My skin looks great, albeit on a saggier foundation.

So is the "bad" just from a really dreadful + stressful few months, or could any of this have to do with the ramped up treatments with a too hot LED? I *dunno* for sure, but my guess is it's more stress related. Just putting it out there though, because I think it's important to share an entire experience, rather than picking out only the good bits. (Those who know me, also know that I share the good, the bad & the down right ugly... Laughing)

Oh, about the LS serum. (Those who are of the opinion that it shouldn't be *tweaked*, you're done with this post now.. Laughing ) Those who enjoy a little DIY experimenting, the addition of 5% green tea + 2% alpha lipoic acid, really makes this a stunning serum, with kicka$$ antioxidant power..5%ish more matrixyl 3000 couldn't hoit ya either! (Sorry, but I won't answer any more questions on the DIY stuff, and I have no intention of debating it. Take it, leave it, or research on your own.. Very Happy ) Just putting it out there, for those who PM'd me about what I did.

Hope everyone is off to a great weekend.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:39 am      Reply with quote
1. I would just point out that fmvalentina posted that her light was now running cooler than it was previously - so the issue of excessive heat has taken another turn.

2. Not everyone has noticed the newer model to be hotter. Toby says she can tell no difference. I have the model that came after the original but before the one with the new handle, and it also has the recessed lights. I have not noticed any difference in heat when compared to the original model.

3. I think we are entitled to have faith in what the manufacturer tells us. If the Lightstim was manufactured in China, then the situation could well be different. However, the Lightstim is manufactured in the US and I would have thought that it would be subject to whatever safety standards apply. Isn't that what the FDA is there for? As I see it, there can be only two scenarios - either everyone here who has complained about the two lights being different is mistaken OR there is some kind of problem in the manufacturing of the lights which deserves more investigation. Each light that is produced should be exactly the same in terms of heat output.

4. Kassy, I am sorry that you have been under stress lately and, yes, that can take a terrible tole on how we look and feel. But I would also point out that we are both getting older - and it just gets harder and harder. I feel exactly the same way when I look in the mirror. But if you were to ask anyone here how they thought you look for your age, they would all tell you that you look great.

Quote:
Those who are of the opinion that it shouldn't be *tweaked*
Yes, that would be me. However, I took that standpoint because you were given the light and the serum for free to trial. How can you give an accurate assessment of the serum if it has been adulterated. Don't forget that out of the thousands of people who have purchased the light and serum, only a few read this thread. If Steve gave you the serum and light to trial in good faith because he values your opinion, I think you should have used the serum as it was intended. What you do with it after the trial, I really don't care.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm reposting Steve's reply to Kassy on the matter of the heat of the new light. It was originally posed on Page 81 of this thread:

Also, most important regarding the temperature of the new light. We use a very sophisticated infrared laser to measure the temperature. If you GENTLY touch the skin as it says in the manual, there will be zero temperature difference in the skin in 3 minutes. GENTLY means BARELY touching. Barely touching, like a feather almost. But , f you press it into the skin, (which does NOT deliver better results) but many people like the extra warmth from doing so, then the bulbs have less room to breath and will heat the skin 1 or 2 degrees warmer.

But even pressing it into the skin will not get the temperature of the skin as high as our Therapy Light will, which is FDA cleared for minor aches and pains of many types including arthritic pain. The FDA required that the Therapy Light heat the skin to a MINIMUM of 104 degrees in 8 to 10 minutes. We tried to get the Anti-Aging / LightStim for Wrinkles to pass that test but it was not been able to heat the temperature of the skin to that temperature.

So, in closing. Almost without exception, anyone having a non-optimum result with LightStim in the last year that I have talked to, the problem has always boiled down to one of two things: 1) pressing too hard instead of GENTLY touching the skin, or 2) the skincare product they were using caused a non-optimum reaction when used with the light.

Hope this helps,

Steve

LightStim® International, Inc.
The LEADER in LED Light Therapy

SteveM@lightstim.com
Toll Free (800) 298-4010
Local/International (714) 884-3337
http://www.LightStim.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Keliu

1. I would just point out that fmvalentina posted that her light was now running cooler than it was previously - so the issue of excessive heat has taken another turn.

YES, it's taken another turn. That's why I posted. What is your point now?

2. Not everyone has noticed the newer model to be hotter. Toby says she can tell no difference. I have the model that came after the original but before the one with the new handle, and it also has the recessed lights. I have not noticed any difference in heat when compared to the original model.

I have read all 94 pages of this thread. I don't believe EVERYONE has stated that the new model runs hotter, I never said that, no one else said that, the only one who has now said that and thrown this new monkey into this conversation is you. Again, what is your point? No one said everyone of the new units is running hotter only that it appeared that a few people in this thread stated that they felt theirs was running very hot or hotter than the original if they had that model. I don't understand your game. We're glad Toby's unit is fine, would you like me to name the people who have complained, are you keeping score? 2 people other than me complained of the same thing tonight and have said the same thing before. What difference does it make if your unit and Toby's unit are not running hotter?

3. I think we are entitled to have faith in what the manufacturer tells us. If the Lightstim was manufactured in China, then the situation could well be different. However, the Lightstim is manufactured in the US and I would have thought that it would be subject to whatever safety standards apply. Isn't that what the FDA is there for? As I see it, there can be only two scenarios - either everyone here who has complained about the two lights being different is mistaken OR there is some kind of problem in the manufacturing of the lights which deserves more investigation. Each light that is produced should be exactly the same in terms of heat output.

WHY oh WHY would the situation be different if the Lightstim were manufactured in China? You've stuck your foot very deep inside your mouth with this latest statement, go ahead, let us all know why it would only matter if the LS was made in China. Is it because China can make faulty units, but the USA can't? I'm guessing, but feel free to enlighten all of us with your views.

The safety standards have nothing to do with where it was manufactured, even if it was manufactured in Timbuctu it would have to meet the same requirements as one made in the USA.

THREE people tonight have complained, plus others since the new device was released and you're still going to tell us we're mistaken? Is this some kind of conspiracy. Yes, there's some major difference in the new LS that is causing the device to feel much hotter than the original model. Simple enough for everyone but you to understand.

Am I mistaken, or did I read in this thread that someone burned their skin on the LS? I don't remember the exact details, but perhaps Kassy or someone else remembers. If this wasn't due to the LS device, my apologies for bringing this up.

4. Kassy, I am sorry that you have been under stress lately and, yes, that can take a terrible tole on how we look and feel. But I would also point out that we are both getting older - and it just gets harder and harder. I feel exactly the same way when I look in the mirror. But if you were to ask anyone here how they thought you look for your age, they would all tell you that you look great.

Quote:
Those who are of the opinion that it shouldn't be *tweaked*
Yes, that would be me. However, I took that standpoint because you were given the light and the serum for free to trial. How can you give an accurate assessment of the serum if it has been adulterated. Don't forget that out of the thousands of people who have purchased the light and serum, only a few read this thread. If Steve gave you the serum and light to trial in good faith because he values your opinion, I think you should have used the serum as it was intended. What you do with it after the trial, I really don't care

I'm not going to get into what seems like a pig's breakfast of an issue with the new serum, but I will correct you that thousands of people have not received the new serum. The new LS does not ship with the serum, its a separate purchase and the serum isn't even available for purchase through QVC.

I find your comment about "only a few read this thread" interesting because it only magnifies what everyone but you sees as a problem with the feeling of excessive heat coming from the new LS. If only a small number of people post in this thread and it seems like more than a handful of people have voiced complaints about the level of heat, its something that should be taken seriously by Steve and you should stop telling people they're wrong and mistaken and it's not happening.
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm reposting Steve's reply to Kassy on the matter of the heat of the new light. It was originally posed on Page 81 of this thread:

Also, most important regarding the temperature of the new light. We use a very sophisticated infrared laser to measure the temperature. If you GENTLY touch the skin as it says in the manual, there will be zero temperature difference in the skin in 3 minutes. GENTLY means BARELY touching. Barely touching, like a feather almost. But , f you press it into the skin, (which does NOT deliver better results) but many people like the extra warmth from doing so, then the bulbs have less room to breath and will heat the skin 1 or 2 degrees warmer.

But even pressing it into the skin will not get the temperature of the skin as high as our Therapy Light will, which is FDA cleared for minor aches and pains of many types including arthritic pain. The FDA required that the Therapy Light heat the skin to a MINIMUM of 104 degrees in 8 to 10 minutes. We tried to get the Anti-Aging / LightStim for Wrinkles to pass that test but it was not been able to heat the temperature of the skin to that temperature.

So, in closing. Almost without exception, anyone having a non-optimum result with LightStim in the last year that I have talked to, the problem has always boiled down to one of two things: 1) pressing too hard instead of GENTLY touching the skin, or 2) the skincare product they were using caused a non-optimum reaction when used with the light.

Hope this helps,

Steve

LightStim® International, Inc.
The LEADER in LED Light Therapy

SteveM@lightstim.com
Toll Free (800) 298-4010
Local/International (714) 884-3337
http://www.LightStim.com

Again, your point is? As pointed out in my previous post, the people who have complained are seasoned LS users who have the older unit for comparison. Maybe it's time for Steve to take a serious look at what is going on. I'm not pressing too hard and I haven't changed any product I'm using on my skin. Its coming from the new device, period. If Steve chooses to ignore this he can expect more returns at QVC which will diminish the success of the device and in the end be costly for Lightstim.

Speaking for myself, I don't have sensitive skin, I am not sensitive to heat and I found the new unit too hot. I would imagine this intermittent problem would increase the rate of returns from people who do have sensitive skin, are sensitive to heat or don't want to give the machine a good chance because they're new to it and they don't realize the benefits they might achieve.
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to Kassy and Luminosity for your posts this evening. I'll respond properly this weekend.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what your problem is. I regard the issue of the new model being hotter and apparently causing people burns to be very serious. If you read my post properly I said there could only be one of two issues - either people are mistaken OR there is some kind of problem in the manufacturing of the lights which deserves more investigation. I do not like your tone, I am not playing any "game". I am a Lightstim user myself for goodness sake.

As for my comments on if the device were being manufactured in China - I think it is widely known that China does not have the stringent safety regulations that many other countries have. Therefore, considering the fact that the Lightstim is manufactured in a country where safety is supposed to be at a premium - then we should be able to reply on what the manufacturer says - I was merely pointing this out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:45 am      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:
Again, your point is? As pointed out in my previous post, the people who have complained are seasoned LS users who have the older unit for comparison. Maybe it's time for Steve to take a serious look at what is going on. I'm not pressing too hard and I haven't changed any product I'm using on my skin. Its coming from the new device, period. If Steve chooses to ignore this he can expect more returns at QVC which will diminish the success of the device and in the end be costly for Lightstim.

Speaking for myself, I don't have sensitive skin, I am not sensitive to heat and I found the new unit too hot. I would imagine this intermittent problem would increase the rate of returns from people who do have sensitive skin, are sensitive to heat or don't want to give the machine a good chance because they're new to it and they don't realize the benefits they might achieve.

Excuse me, but was I not the one who told you to return the light for testing? Plus, as I understood it, your light is no longer running hot, it has cooled down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:45 am      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:
[b]WHY oh WHY would the situation be different if the Lightstim were manufactured in China? You've stuck your foot very deep inside your mouth with this latest statement, go ahead, let us all know why it would only matter if the LS was made in China. Is it because China can make faulty units, but the USA can't? I'm guessing, but feel free to enlighten all of us with your views.

Here are some articles which may enlighten you, however, they are not based on my opinions:

http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/26/china-manufacturing-quality-ent-manage-cx_kw_0726whartonchina.html

http://www.thetimes100.co.uk/additional/news--chinese-manufacturing-quality--37.php

http://knowledge.asb.unsw.edu.au/article.cfm?articleid=1087

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Throwing my hat in the ring here... If there's a real chance of exchanging my QVC model for the older one, I am going to take it. I have to find Steve's letter to read that part specifically.

After reading Kassy's take on using the newer model, it reminded me of the somewhat "drawn out" look of my skin the next morning after having used the new Lightstim. I just thought that was part of the process... Now I wonder if my skin is becoming too dehydrated from the treatments.

Argh... it is a very hard decision. I hate to create the "bother" and I hate to be without my device for the maybe two weeks or more? waiting for some kind of exchange.

There is more for me to consider, but I don't think we are delusional, that's for sure. Hot is hawt, there's no mistake! Smile

I think the intentions of the ladies on this thread are good... There is a caring behind each comment that helps me see the bigger picture.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I just emailed Steve (info@lightstim.com - hope that was the right place!) and asked what the process would be to exchange units. I mentioned the dehydration issue I had with the new unit. I actually wouldn't mind how hot it gets if my skin looked radiant the next day! But that isn't the case - at least for me.

I don't anticipate hearing anything until next week, but I feel better for at least asking...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my, things have really heated up here (pun intended) Smile
I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Like Kassy & Luminosity I have noticed a more drawn, tired look the next day after use, and I also wondered if it was just part of the process. I have gone so back & forth about this it's driving me bonkers. Laughing I really don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging it neither if there isn't much of a difference between the two. I think I'll trial mine a bit longer though since I'm finding the heat comfortable if I just barely touch my skin.
I have appreciated everyone's honest thoughts and experiences.
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I'd be curious as to know what you gals normally put on AFTER the AALS. I've read of many before products, but if anyone wants to share what they put on after I'd be grateful.

I use this:

ELS Serum: 'Every Lipid Serum' with Ceramide

and sometimes I follow with Two Timing Tightener and then the ELS.

Thanks for any ideas
Gidget
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Oh my, things have really heated up here (pun intended) Smile
I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Like Kassy & Luminosity I have noticed a more drawn, tired look the next day after use, and I also wondered if it was just part of the process. I have gone so back & forth about this it's driving me bonkers. Laughing I really don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging it neither if there isn't much of a difference between the two. I think I'll trial mine a bit longer though since I'm finding the heat comfortable if I just barely touch my skin.
I have appreciated everyone's honest thoughts and experiences.

breirrose,

This seems to be the start possibly of a real issue with the new model? I know some members initially may have reported dryness after using the original model, but that seems to have been addressed satisfactorily, but almost everyone is either happy with results or a few had none. The only member I recall saying she couldn't use the original model was JR due to very sensitive skin? I think it might be good for Steve to be made aware of what's happening as maybe there is a manufacturing issue?

NOTE:

I don't own one YET, But am still considering this as a purchase, so I am interested in whether the new model is a good choice or not. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
DM~ It's hard to know if this is going to be an issue (quite possibly) It makes total sense to me that the more recessed head of this new model if pressed to the skin will be hotter. It does seem that more people have had better success with the original but then some people don't post their negative outcomes. I have w
anted to give it a fair trial at least.

For those of you that have the original I have a couple of questions.
1) Does your AALS heat up more the longer you use it or stay at an even temp.?
2) Did you experience an adjustment period for awhile at the start such as things looking worse before better? TIA

I plan on contacting Steve so that he's aware.
Summer_time
5% products discount

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Gidget wrote:
I use this:

Gidget - I love ELS after my AALS treatment! (I have the older lightstim model). I follow that with either Dr. Hauschka Rose Day cream or Cerave pm. I use the AALS before bed. I have very dry skin, live in a dry climate at high altitude.

I do not use any acids after AALS.

For my situation, and because it is winter, I find that using the AALS once a week is enough for me. When I used it more frequently, my skin did get dry. I consider it just one element in my arsenal of skin care.

In general, I know that my body needs time to recover from some of the exercise and treatments I do. As I get older, it probably needs more and more recovery time. But Every Lipid Serum feels very healing to me and I use it twice a day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
DM~ It's hard to know if this is going to be an issue (quite possibly) It makes total sense to me that the more recessed head of this new model if pressed to the skin will be hotter. It does seem that more people have had better success with the original but then some people don't post their negative outcomes. I have w
anted to give it a fair trial at least.

For those of you that have the original I have a couple of questions.
1) Does your AALS heat up more the longer you use it or stay at an even temp.?
2) Did you experience an adjustment period for

awhile at the start such as things looking worse before better? TIA

I plan on contacting Steve so that he's
aware.

That's true, I do wish that all who use any product/gadget would feel free to post results regardless!

I am glad you are contacting Steve. I do hope to hear from members using the original regarding the questions you posed. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Gidget wrote:
Hi - I'd be curious as to know what you gals normally put on AFTER the AALS. I've read of many before products, but if anyone wants to share what they put on after I'd be grateful.

I use this:

and sometimes I follow with Two Timing Tightener and then the ELS.

Thanks for any ideas
Gidget

I just use what I normally do which is most of the time lately CP's, TTT & either emu or squalane.
The ELS serum sounds nice.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
For what it's worth, there are 35 customer reviews and 43 questions (with 83 answers) at QVC for the new LightStim for Wrinkles LED device. I have read them all. No one has complained about excess heat; in fact some customers prefer to let their device "warm up" before using it since they mention it gets warmer the longer it is in use. Only one person has claimed that her device was faulty (it didn't light up) and she returned it to QVC, so I would say manufacturing defects are possible but not likely. That person did say she left her LightStim wrinkle device plugged into the outlet after turning it off which apparently is not recommended. I have no idea if this makes a difference or if that recommendation is true.

The users at QVC may also post at EDS but in general they seem to be less sophisticated than this forum. Some people over there are using the device 7 days a week once or twice a day for 5 minutes per area! They also seem to believe that collagen builds overnight. Even with their lack of understanding and improper usage, no one has complained that the device is too hot or produces an uncomfortable level of heat. Those complaints seem to be only coming from EDS users of this device. I didn't see any indication that the QVC users own a previous generation of the LightStim device (such as the AALS) but a few customers have owned other LEDs made by different manufacturers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy - This is exactly what I was trying to say when I pointed out that only a few of the people who purchased the new model read this thread. Apparently, out of the 22,000 odd sales, no-one has complained about excessive heat and burning except for those on this Forum (according to Steve).

Brierrose - In regard to you question: Does your AALS heat up more the longer you use it or stay at an even temp? The device does take a little while to reach optimum temperature, but when it has reached it, it maintains it. It does not get hotter and hotter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! I just feel so sad seeing how my 2 cents always brings the "heat seeking missiles" raining down on me.. Laughing It's really quite hilarious, when you consider that "I" actually have everyone's best interest at heart, and not a damn thing to gain.

@Keliu, when/if you actually get and use the "new" anti-aging/wrinkle model, I'll be glad to hear your 2 cents on the "heat" factor. Until then, your comments are just attacking those of us who actually are experiencing the heat, and on top of that, you are totally disrespecting our input, and insinuating that we are imagining it all...(I wouldn't have thought that you would be so sucked in by what Steve or any other manufacturer has to say, so I can only assume that that takes priority for you over *actual* experiences???) Why do you feel it necessary to keep attacking our actual experiences? I just don't get that. Another thing is this; you have accused me in the past of being totally in support of LS products, and actually stated that I would "fight with people who didn't agree with me" on how wonderful the product was...Hell, you even suspected that I "worked" for the company a couple of years ago..Laughing So I just have to assume that it is me personally that you don't like, and you have absolutely no respect for my opinions, based on my 3 1/2 years of using this product...Quite simply; I'm damned if I do, or damned if I don't in your humble opinion.. That's sad Keliu.. And it's so obvious that for anybody reading this thread that no matter what I say, you chime in with some sort of negative post. I thought we were all here to help each other figure it all out, but the gang up mentality, and side taking crap seems to be what it's really all about lately.. Crying or Very sad (Don't fret though, because your "thank you" ♥ committee has your back.. Rolling Eyes Laughing )

I would also like to respectfully request (again), that you do not try to quote me, unless you are actually using my "quote"..(You have clearly misunderstood many things I've said!) I totally get that your misconstrued take, incites way more drama, and I know how much you "love that"... Wink

As for the LS serum, you should have asked me before making your assumptions (which is sadly par for the course.) I purchased a 2nd bottle of serum, and that is the one I "tweaked", long after my original trial was over.

@All... I've helped you guys the best way I know how. I've shared my experience from day one. I've told you what worked well, what sucked, what I would have done differently and what protocols realized the best results. I have also shared my progress pictures all along the way, because I simply have nothing to hide, and felt it would be beneficial to many members. Sadly, even that backfired in my face, when *people* accused me of photoshopping and being a liar. It's okay though because thanks to "skype" and "FB", many here know I'm the real deal, and have I have no reasons or motives to hide or lie. (I have done likewise in the "STOP" and "Vaculifter" threads with pictures, thoughts and personal experiences, so please keep that in mind when hearing I'm a "LightStim fanatic, with ulterior motives"...) Those accusations are far from true, and the majority (99%) of you already know that!

Bottom line is this... I gave you guys my all with an honest heart and a true sense of caring for all these years. Many of you have PM'd me so many times through these years, and yes, it was also my pleasure to see/speak to you privately about a multitude of things. And to all of "you", I humbly thank you for not only your encouragement to "keep fighting the good fight on the forum", but for also sharing with me the "nice results *you* benefited from because I cared and shared"... I truly love so many of you ♥

@DM...You flip flop so much between your actual statements, and your "thank you heart" support, that it's actually hard to know where you actually stand on "a" topic...

You wrote:

That's true, I do wish that all who use any product/gadget would feel free to post results regardless!

Yet you support Keliu when she tries to bully those who have differing opinions to her own...Confused Is it just my opinion you want to always find fault with (on this and the other 2 or 3 threads I'm active in?)

So I say:

Laughing Laughing Laughing ... You never acknowledge (or ask questions) of the posts that you can actually learn something from in this thread, and throughout the last 50 pages of this thread, you've proved that you are on board for *negativity* only....(I'm thinking you should not consider an LED at this point in time, and if you do consider one you should definitely read this thread from page 1 again.) Very Happy

@Lacy... Rolling Eyes

@brie: #1. The longer it's on, the hotter it gets, and I typically use it for about 45 minutes. #2. No, I have never experienced any adjustment period with the LED. My experience with each of the first 2 models was lovely + noticeable improvements, with each and every treatment.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |