Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
If someone missed the show...here ya go!!!
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A213089.desc.LightStim-For-Wrinkles-Handheld-LED-Light-Device
click on the video

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Gidget wrote:
Dang I missed it! I need to get on some sort of alert so I can watch online when he is on.

That's great that she called in and has found a reduction in her crow's feet! FAB!

If you go to the QVC Website and click on the Lightstim, you can watch a video of the on air presentation.
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.CM_SCID.24hr.item.A213089.desc.LightStim-For-Wrinkles-Handheld-LED-Light-Device

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

I asked him about CPs before the AALS because I was afraid the copper might be scattering the light and making the treatment less effective. I don't even know if that is possible but I was curious about his answer.

He didn't seem to be a fan of CPs in general. He had concerns about the quality or source of the CPs out there. He said CPs could react differently for different people and could cause an exfoliation effect (he didn't follow up on why that would be undesirable - maybe that would make the LED treatment too harsh?).

So, in the end, I don't have a good answer about why not to use CPs before the Lightstim. My hunch is that it is too stimulating (and would be best applied once the skin has calmed down.)
Thanks Luminosity. I wonder exactly what Steve does know about CPs??? Perhaps I'll venture to ask. Thanks again.

Apparently it's a good thing to use the LEDs w/ CPs - the question was already answered on the SB forum a long time ago and a study had been done:

CONCLUSION: LED-PI maintained human fibroblast (HS68) viability and increased collagen synthesis when applied by itself. In the combinative stimulation for in vitro collagen production (when LED-PI was followed by Cu-GHK-supplied incubation), stimulated cells showed increased bFGF secretion, P1CP production, and COL1 expression, compared to the LED-PI treatment alone.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4570023352/m/9570034505?r=9570034505#9570034505

Phew - I can go back to using my CPs and AALS together now! (but, I may want to top the CPs off w/ NCN's Matrixyl 3000 that I have, since that ingredient is in the new serum offered by Lightstim Wink )

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
when LED-PI was followed by Cu-GHK-

I have always taken that to mean that the GHK was used After the LED, foxe?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
foxe wrote:

That's how it reads to me also? I don't know if this has any effect but since CP's are said to have sun protective properties would that apply to the LED as well?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
foxe wrote:

That's how it reads to me also? I don't know if this has any effect but since CP's are said to have sun protective properties would that apply to the LED as well?

That was my concern as well... I didn't know how to intrepret the study mentioned... Hoping applying the CPs *after* is the way to go...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
So in a nutshell ladies...I've been reading this for HOURS. Crying or Very sad I remember at some point in time the mention of green tea. What is the best pre-serum for the AALS? Because if I'm reading correctly is becoming unanimous.

I've had my AALS for two years, its time for me to quit playing and start using it on a consistent basis.

Thank you
Kitty
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
FWIW: On the Skin Bio forum there are discussions regarding using CP's with LED and what I have read is they are using the LED after the Copper - to enhance penetration as one reason.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
FWIW: On the Skin Bio forum there are discussions regarding using CP's with LED and what I have read is they are using the LED after the Copper - to enhance penetration as one reason.

Everyone is going on what foxe posted, this part:

(when LED-PI was followed by Cu-GHK-supplied incubation)

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4570023352/m/9570034505?r=9570034505#9570034505

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Steve is on QVC right now!!!!
Quick show but great information and a neat caller called in and said her crows feet were gone after using the light....she is 61 and started noticing the changes after four weeks of use!!!

O.K. So where can I find how often in the four weeks the 'light' was used, for how long she used the light and if she used anything else...!! The anything else is the point for me right now!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Editing to erase the same answer,... this is getting tiresome somehow, can't understand how once I've sent my first message of the day, when it appears repeated I seem to have no problem in 'editing' the second and editing it with nooooooooo repeat!!!! Nothing to do with the subject obviously, just a bit fed up with having to re-edit the messages/posts I send here for them to not appear twice.
I guess I'll just not bother in the future and if they appear twice, ... I'll be a bother to others reading!
Sorry!
Hugs,A.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:49 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Toby wrote:
Steve is on QVC right now!!!!
Quick show but great information and a neat caller called in and said her crows feet were gone after using the light....she is 61 and started noticing the changes after four weeks of use!!!

O.K. So where can I find how often in the four weeks the 'light' was used, for how long she used the light and if she used anything else...!! The anything else is the point for me right now!

Collagen takes months to form. In the first presentation on QVC, Steve pointed out that no immediate results will be seen from using the light. He said that it takes between 6 to 9 weeks for collagen to start to enhance. But this is only the start of the journey - real results will only be visible months down the track (my words now). I recently read an article in US Elle about having Sculptra injections to enhance the growth of collagen. The writer said she did not see any results until after 5 months and 4 treatments. The Sculptra injections are a much more invasive treatment than using an LED. I think it's really important to keep expectations within the bounds of what is physically possible.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
foxe wrote:

It seems that they applied the GHK after in the study, but Dr Pickart said it's been used the other way here:

So, the light system increased GHK-Cu uptake into the skin by 39 fold.

However, we are receiving a number of reports from clinics and spas that regular red LED lights give great results when used after CP Serum, Super CP serum, or Folligen Solution.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
It seems that they applied the GHK after in the study, but Dr Pickart said it's been used the other way here:

However, we are receiving a number of reports from clinics and spas that regular red LED lights give great results when used after CP Serum, Super CP serum, or Folligen Solution.

Thanks, Foxe. Is that from a different study?

I think I will keep the CP to after the AALS. I tried the GHK before the AALS 1 time and my face was very red using it that way!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I believe it is, riley. Dr Pickart mentions this info coming from U of Texas Medical Center, whereas the study I provided earlier was from Taiwan.

Pretty darn good penetration with LED use in any case! Before OR after! I wonder how soon after, though.
http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8890018252/m/1820081685?r=1820081685#1820081685

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Here's something else I found and would like to share (y'all know I like my CPs Very Happy ). I don't always use my LED after applying CPs, but it is always on a clean face. I think that I will try to apply my CPs just before or after the LED from now on, though.

The most recent study (2007) of wound healing activity of GHK-Cu was conducted in Taiwan. Huang et al. evaluated the effect of GHK alone or in combination with LED irradiation (light emitting diode irradiation, 625-635 nm) on human fibroblasts. Combined GHK and LED treatment resulted in 12.5-fold increase in cell viability, 230% increase in basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) production, and 70% increase in collagen I mRNA production compared with the LED irradiation alone (13).

Since fibroblasts are the key cells in skin reparative and renewal processes, the ability of GHK-Cu to support these cells increasing their functional activity may in part explain its wound healing and skin rejuvenating activity.

It is in the SOFW Journal, The journal has published skincare articles for over 140 years and is published in English, German, Polish, Russian, and Chinese. http://reverseskinaging.com/SOFWGHKArticle.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Everyone is going on what foxe posted, this part:

(when LED-PI was followed by Cu-GHK-supplied incubation)

Yes I read it. Thanks DM. My comment was meant to add to the discussion regarding use of LED: before OR after CP's. I am on the Skin Bio forum every week and have read numerous reports and advice from Dr. Pickart and regular posters about CP use before LED. It seems to get a big thumbs up which I found enouraging and so decided to go this route myself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:51 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It seems to get a big thumbs up which I found enouraging and so decided to go this route myself.

Sister, how are you using the ASG with the CP before the AALS? Do you use the CP first and then spray with ASG?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:53 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I believe it is, riley. Dr Pickart mentions this info coming from U of Texas Medical Center, whereas the study I provided earlier was from Taiwan.

Thank you, foxe. I just noticed the date on both of these studies, 2007 and 2008. I thought they were more recent than that! At any rate, I will keep apply my CP afterward the AALS (and I do so pretty much immediately after using the AALS).
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Pretty darn good penetration with LED use in any case! Before OR after! I wonder how soon after, though.
http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8890018252/m/1820081685?r=1820081685#1820081685

This is what Dr. Pickart said in the above link:

This is data from the University of Texas Medical Center at Galveston using Pulsed LED Light to push GHK-Cu into human skin using a Fanz Cell. The experimental LED device was made by Photomedix.

The light was at a wavelength of 450 nanometers which is blue light.

The result is the 24 hour skin uptake (Value plus SD = standard deviation)

Control GHK-Cu 139 (SD 18 ) nanograms per cm square skin area

GHK-Cu and Pulsed LED Light - 4726 (SD 997) nanometers per cm square skin area.

First, Photomedex is the company which bought out Procyte; they continue to make Neova GHK-Cu products. Photomedex makes LED lights under the brand name Omnilux, including New-U and Clear-U. The LED used in this study was blue light (450 nm) typically used for acne, not red light which is antiaging. More importantly, the unpublished study appears to be done using a Franz Cell Chamber, not human subjects. For those reasons I really don't think it has much to do with people using their AALS in conjunction with GHK-Cu or other copper peptides.

http://bmctoday.net/vehiclesmatter/pdfs/TheFranzCellChamber.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I disagree with your thoughts Lacy. But thanks for providing the info on the Franz Cell. It does seem to be just the right tool for testing here*(see note) and I will continue to use my LED along w/ CPs for better penetration. If they got such good results from a BLUE LED, then better results should come from using an AALS....

*...results of the Franz cell assay cannot necessarily predict the efficacy of a drug formulation; it does allow formulators to determine whether a particular formulation delivers an active agent through the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
If I wanted to use CPs before the led, the CPs would in no way scatter the light? I just keep thinking: copper = metal = reflective to light.

That is my super intelligent physics mind at work, lol. I just want to make sure I'm not shooting my led in the foot! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to experiment with using the CPs before the led treatment.

Here's what I applied:

--NaPCA spray (use as my toner - from a health food store)
--Hydrating B5 gel (basically, hyaluronic acid I have from a failed Vit C experiment)
--CP Serum from Skin Biology
--20% Matrixyl 3000 from NCN
--CP Accelerator from NCN

In other words... my skin was nice and moist! I waited about 20 minutes and used the Lightstim.

Afterwards I have to say I noticed my skin was much more dewy than it had been. Maybe even the best it's looked since I started.

As long as the CPs don't scatter the led, perhaps using it beforehand is a good way to go, at least some of the time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I love my LightStim and would not practice without it. Since I believe in this technology I kept using the light everyday. It has a large head so it covers more area in less time and rapidly brings down redness from microdermabrasion or chemical peels!
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Today my boss gave me a nice compliment that I have to put down to the LightStim. She asked what I was doing because the last couple of months I seemed be glowing. Very Happy

And, no I am definitely NOT preggers! Wish I could say, "Oh... It's my awesome exercise regimen." No - my couch potato status remains unchallenged. Eating habits... the same. Products... the same. An amazing Lotto win?? That would sure give me a rosey hue. No... the only different element in my life is the LightStim and fairly consistent facial exercises. But I'm guessing the glow is more from the lights and the exercises are keeping my nose up by my cheeks.

Yippee!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |