Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I've been searching the threads & can't find an answer to my question which is, can I use the aals for 5 mins for bad areas? What is the max I can use it for in one spot?
And is 7 days a week ok?

Thanku
Helenxxx

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
Hi
I've been searching the threads & can't find an answer to my question which is, can I use the aals for 5 mins for bad areas? What is the max I can use it for in one spot?
And is 7 days a week ok?

Thanku
Helenxxx

I once fell asleep for around two hours with the AALS resting on my cheek - I had no harmful side-effects. I think 5 minutes for areas that need it would be fine.

Some say that you should not use the AALS everyday, that you should give the skin a rest. I'm not sure about this - do what feels right!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Helen - I think it is fine to use it everyday but honestly I doubt it's necessary or will magnify results - I'd say 5 days a week for the first few months would be great. As far as time - I'm sure I've left mine on 5 minutes at times but 3 minutes or so is great. It's worked fine for me.
Best of luck.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou both
I havnt been following any regimes for the last 6 months and feel like my skin needs a boost, I think if I dont want to look my age u need to keep at it. I went on the lihtstim website and someone had asked could they do it twice a day for 3 mins, they said it would be better to do it once a day for 6 mins, I wander if anyone else has done this long?
Anyhoo what I'm aiming for is when I tell people my age they would look surprised, all I'm getting at the moment Is completely unsuprised looks, don't you just hate it when that happens, that's when you know you look your age, I suppose it could be worse and people try and hide their surprise cause you look older Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
Hi
And is 7 days a week ok?

Thanku
Helenxxx

3 minutes per spot will give you just the right amount of joules to activate the cells.. More isn't better because once the cells have been activated the job is done, and the collagen building process is set in motion..

I would loudly disagree with anybody (including manufacturers who don't know a thing about the science of collagen regeneration), who use this or any LED on a daily basis after the initial aggressive treatment, through the 1st skin cycle of use..

Once the ATP is activated with your LED treatment, the process of collagen production is at work for the next several days... There is no benefit whatsoever in interfering with that process and upsetting the apple cart, by repeated LED treatments daily..

Just like Retin-A, more is NOT better.. Your skin knows exactly what to do once it's programmed, so just let it do it's thing..

I know my thoughts go against the grain for some folks, and that's fine.. I just do and share what has worked for me, and my research has a lot to do with my medical expertise and background... I will also stand by my postings (all through this thread) and reiterate that you're wasting your time if you use oil based products pre treatment.. (Check out how sunscreen keeps the UV rays from penetrating to the dermis, and you will be well on your way to the Ah Ha moment, and why I feel so strongly about it!)

As always, take what I share or feel free it to leave it alone... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I've read the 27 page How to Pick an LED thread, the ProLight Thread, the DPL thread and *most* of this thread (I had to skim through some of the skirmishes) and am currently leaning toward the Lightstim, but not 100%.

Skinstore has an attractive price of 244.30 (plus I'll get 8% of that back through ebates) which gives it an edge, but I still have a couple of questions:

1. Those of you with cords that have gone bad - was it this consumer version of the Lightstim or was it the one referred to as AALS that is a bit more pro? I understand the units have the same "guts" but differ in the housing.

2. The ProLight Platinum has a wider spectrum into the Amber area (570-880 vs Lightstim's 600-900), and one of the things I'd love to address is redness (fair skin, Irish ancestors, I'm doomed). Is a wider spectrum of Amber better for this? Is anyone with a redness issue seeing strong improvement from the Lightstim?

Skin firmness and dark eye circles are my main reasons for wanting a mix (since I've read that the red spectrum is better for those other issues). I don't have wrinkles and the only lines under my eyes are the ones that have been there since I was 7 (and see them in a school photo along with those dark circles.) But I sure am not going to wait for those to show up before using an LED light - I'd like use this as a preventative as well as addressing what problems I do see.

Another option I'm considering is just getting 2 separate lamps if that's best for what my goals are, but I will say the price of the Lightstim IS attractive, and I know it has fans here.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustgirl - I realise that deciding on a particular LED device can be confusing. There is really no definitive information out there to tell us which one is "best". There have been several discussions on which device gives out the most power (all of which have manged to confuse me more rather than make things clearer) and then someone always comes along and states that the actual power isn't so easily measured - there are other factors that enter in to the equation. Then there is the matter of the different wavelengths - whether amber is better than red, or if infrared is useful for anti-aging.

I don't have the answers for any of the above. My view is that choosing a device comes down to ease of use. I much prefer the AALS over the Baby Q because the head is much bigger so it, therefore takes less time. The ProLight advises a treatment time of 90 secs per area twice a week - something that I have never been able to understand - other devices require 3 mins per area every day. However, I've just purchased a DPL which requires 17 mins for the entire face daily. This is by far the easiest form of treatment.

As to which device is most effective - I don't believe we can possibly know until someone does a side by side clinical test over a long period of time - which will probably never happen. Whatever device you end up purchasing, don't expect any instant miracles. LED devices require dedication and commitment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - My dpl purchased from NCN works in 9 minutes segments. I do two for a total of 18 minutes. I am curious as to where you found the 17 minute number? (though I'm all for less time giving great results).
I love my dpl - just lay down and throw it over my face and let it work. ON the other hand the AALS is nice for using while you do other things - reading and being on the computer for one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Keliu - My dpl purchased from NCN works in 9 minutes segments. I do two for a total of 18 minutes. I am curious as to where you found the 17 minute number? (though I'm all for less time giving great results).
I love my dpl - just lay down and throw it over my face and let it work. ON the other hand the AALS is nice for using while you do other things - reading and being on the computer for one.

I bought mine from Hollywood Beauty Secrets. It runs for a full 17 minutes. The instructions do say that you can divide the time up - but I prefer to do the whole 17 minutes after I've had a shower at night. I'm loving the DPL too - it feels like a "professional" treatment. But I'm not saying that it's any better than the AALS in terms of results - it's just more convenient.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know a good place to get an AALS in the UK? The last one that sold worldwide eBay was two weeks ago! I am surprised given they are selling on US QVC.

I know I can purchase from the LightStim website, but it's $50 for postage and probably $50 for import tax .... the whole thing is out of my price range. Crying or Very sad

Thanks.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Does anyone know a good place to get an AALS in the UK? The last one that sold worldwide eBay was two weeks ago! I am surprised given they are selling on US QVC.

I know I can purchase from the LightStim website, but it's $50 for postage and probably $50 for import tax .... the whole thing is out of my price range. Crying or Very sad

Thanks.

I just got mine from skinstore dot com and I see on their site they'll ship to the UK for $25 inc. VAT.

I'm stunned by how fast it arrived. I ordered it yesterday afternoon and it was here in less than 24 hours - via UPS Ground! UPS must be really movin' things along. Laughing

I also was surprised that this is really the AALS version (not the LightStim For Wrinkles version) as listed. They have the other consumer models but this has the pro-style handle and says "LightStim Anti-Aging Light".

It arrived in a fairly small box. I was expecting it to be in a cardboard retail box (based on the LSFW versions I'd seen on eBay), but it was packaged in a clear zipper pouch with a cardboard insert. I actually like that since there's no waste packaging and the pouch will be useful to keep it in. Did everyone else get their packaged this way?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wow it is a good price!It is on sale now so it is comparable with QVC.
http://www.skinstore.com/p-15411-lightstim-anti-aging-light.aspx

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
The only place I've seen a lower price is on ebay, but then you don't get the 90 day return window.

If anyone does get one at skinstore, if you click through ebates you'll get almost $20 back on it, which makes it even more attractive (yes, I'm a bargain-hunter Cool )

I gave mine a trial run this afternoon while watching a dvd. I did put one cup of the goggles over the eye that I was working near since my eyes are sensitive to light (store LEDs bother me). That seemed to work fine.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the helpful and super fast replies, much appreciated! Very Happy

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I just saw all the LightStim versions (acne, rosacea, anti-aging) on Hautelook for $189. No idea what shipping would be, and they're listed as a "no returns" item. It says the sale lasts through Friday morning.
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
for example, shipping to ca is 4.95, with tax comes to 210.50.

am immensely tempted but unsure if it'd offer any benefit over the ledman units, other than time investment. i don't suppose anyone here has tried both and noted a difference?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
My Lightstim shipped today!! Very Happy

Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Aaaarrrggghhh ... where is my Lightstim?????????? I keep reading threads so I know what regime is best but I want to get started now!! Sad

(Just kidding: Xmas + new year + international mail = patience required Laughing )

DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi seminolapitchard - As the AALS has 3 different LED wavelengths, does yours from the
LED man has the same LED wavelengths?
What are the wavelengths you have from the LED man and do you find that light effective?? I have the AALS and find it fairly effective but don't know how a custom built unit from the LED man compares. I know the Omniluxe is all amber lights only (for collagen stimulation??) let me know your experiences! Thx DiPhx

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 am      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
I just saw all the LightStim versions (acne, rosacea, anti-aging) on Hautelook for $189. No idea what shipping would be, and they're listed as a "no returns" item. It says the sale lasts through Friday morning.

Today I received my LightStim from the Hautelook special. It's the old model Lightstim with the handgrips, but has a white electrical adapter, goggles, no serum. What caught me off guard was no box, just a clear plastic zippered bag.

This will be my first-ever LED treatment - a birthday present to myself - I'll be 59 later this month. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Congrats on your new lightstim! I have both models and like them both. The older model I ordered from the Lightstim website two years ago and it came packaged just as yours did. I liked it so much that I ordered another one so I could speed up my treatment times...one in each hand! Laughing

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Toby. Your post makes me feel better then. It was also my first Hautelook order and I thought my Lightstim would be in a box like I've seen on Ebay. I thought for a moment I was getting a counterfeit. Shock
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Debby, mine I have for nearly two years now, it is the old model, and yes, as Toby says it came with a clear plastic zippered bag to store it. Enjoy it!! Very Happy
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 am      Reply with quote
It's good to hear the zippered pouch is normal. I bought mine from SkinStore and it was packaged the same way, which seemed odd until I started thinking about how this is the older version more geared toward professionals so perhaps the retail box wasn't necessary (since it doesn't have to sit on a shelf in a nice, neat stack and appeal to consumers).

I'm glad someone was able to get that great price! Mine was slightly more, but I already had it by the time Hautelook had the sale. It's still a bit early to for me to be looking at results but I'm enjoying using it and plan to keep on. Good luck with yours!
DebbyM46227

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I've used it twice now over the weekend, and I am glad I received the older model. Mine feels comfortably warm against my face unlike some of the posts I read where the newer model that was sold on QVC got too hot. I think I'm going to like this thing! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |