Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank You! I saw that but didn't read it carefully enough

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
For people who got results for the undereye area,how many minutes do u use on the under eye area and how many times per week?

Thanks.Im getting my lightstim in a few days.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Trish823 wrote:
For people who got results for the undereye area,how many minutes do u use on the under eye area and how many times per week?

Thanks.Im getting my lightstim in a few days.

Trish823,
The directions are for three minutes per site and that is generally what I do.
wave Welcome and hope you enjoy your lightstim.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Some news on the Lightstim LED lights.....
In Jan. one of the members here messaged me about looking for the lightstim on QVC and not seeing it any more. I emailed the company and got a reply that they would be back on QVC with the Lightstim for Wrinkles as well as one of their other lights sometime before March. Today I got an email from Lightstim saying they will be on QVC tomorrow and will be launching their Therapy Light, now called the "LightStim for Therapy". The show will start at 10am EST and is 3 hours long. Lightstim will be on sometime during that show for 10 minutes and they have cut the price of that device to $162.72. The therapy light has been selling for $349.00 on the Lightstim website. The Lightstim for Wrinkles will be available as well and an infomercial will be airing on several channels on Saturday. Thanks to Kassy we at EDS have been "in the know" about the lightstim for years. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Just a heads up regarding the "Therapy Light" that Toby told us about..

If you started around 4 or 5 years ago (like I did).. you already have the *therapy light*.. It's the original LightStim.

I can't find the email Steve sent me, but will keep looking.. In the "how do you decide on an LED" thread, I believe I posted the wavelengths of the original LS.. As I recell, their are 4 red/infrared, and range from 630nm to 940nm (ish)

This is the 1st light I used, from Sept 07 through Feb 08 when I got the AALS.

Now I'm wondering if the quick results I saw, posted about, and showed before and after pictures to support my claims, had to do with this more aggressively penetrating LED? Hmmm, food for thought.

Think I'll whip it back out for an occasional treatment Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Trish823

Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my lightstim today.Is this safe to use under the tear trough eye area?

I've seen some before and after pictures from lightstim and it shows improvement in the tear trough area,but I'm not sure on how to hold the light.
damianne
5% products discount

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
i have been waiting with baited breath for qvc to launch the anti-wrinkle lightstim, but still don't see it on the website...i hear they are suppose to drop the price to 199.00, wouldn't that be great!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
damianne wrote:
i have been waiting with baited breath for qvc to launch the anti-wrinkle lightstim, but still don't see it on the website...i hear they are suppose to drop the price to 199.00, wouldn't that be great!
I don't know what the price will be but I do know it will be lower than what it has been and it will be on QVC around March 23rd.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
kassy,
I was wondering, do you think the therapy light is better than the wrinkle light? or as good? its on sale right now for 167 on qvc, and i am just wondering how different they really are (i know the wrinkle one has amber lights) as far as effectiveness goes? i hate waiting till late march to get one...though i bet qvc will have the best price and flex pay..
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Just a heads up regarding the "Therapy Light" that Toby told us about..

If you started around 4 or 5 years ago (like I did).. you already have the *therapy light*.. It's the original LightStim.

I can't find the email Steve sent me, but will keep looking.. In the "how do you decide on an LED" thread, I believe I posted the wavelengths of the original LS.. As I recell, their are 4 red/infrared, and range from 630nm to 940nm (ish)

This is the 1st light I used, from Sept 07 through Feb 08 when I got the AALS.

Now I'm wondering if the quick results I saw, posted about, and showed before and after pictures to support my claims, had to do with this more aggressively penetrating LED? Hmmm, food for thought.

Think I'll whip it back out for an occasional treatment Very Happy

Kassy are you saying that the therapy light penetrates more? I was just wondering because it is available on qvc right now and is much cheaper than the wrinkle one. Thanks for your help!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to know if you guys who have the Lightstim for wrinkles like the "ergo" design that is supposed to be easier for people to use on themselves. Or do you prefer the original? Sorry if this has been addressed.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just got off the phone with Steve. He really is an extremely nice person and always so generous with is time, I have found. I think it is rare for an owner. He is the owner, right?

Anyway, he told me on Sat, March 3rd I should look out for Lightstim infomercials. He said it is going to be offered for $199 with a free 10 ml bottle of serum. (Has anyone tried that serum by the way? Wonder if there is a cheaper, as effective alternative.)

He also said he thought there would be a payment plan option. He said that if you can't find the infomercial to just call the company and say you heard it was running but can't find it and ask if they can sell you a light for that price. He was a bit vague on this part because he had to run. So don't get mad at me if they don't know what you are talking about when you call the LightStim number. Not sure if they can do the payment plan through the office either.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mommydearest I have the AALS and TBH I don't grip it by the lower part of handle most of the time. I tend to hold the device horizontally by the middle/ near the light end whenever possible. This is mainly because I am trying not to bend the power cable having read here that was a weak spot.

Damianne/ Allyssa: Not Kassy but ... Lightstim spent the time and money getting the AALS cleared by the FDA for peri-orbital wrinkles which suggests to me the company believes that to be the most effective light for ageing. No point in clearing your second best device, then using lesser photographs and data as a sales tool.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
damianne
5% products discount

Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the information kassy, its much appreciated...and as far as the aals versus the pain joint one, common sense tells me of course, go for the one that is fda cleared for your face, but my wallet is screaming no!! but 199.99 on a payment plan is ridiculously doable.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Mommydearest I have the AALS and TBH I don't grip it by the lower part of handle most of the time. I tend to hold the device horizontally by the middle/ near the light end whenever possible. This is mainly because I am trying not to bend the power cable having read here that was a weak spot.

Damianne/ Allyssa: Not Kassy but ... Lightstim spent the time and money getting the AALS cleared by the FDA for peri-orbital wrinkles which suggests to me the company believes that to be the most effective light for ageing. No point in clearing your second best device, then using lesser photographs and data as a sales tool.

Thanks Firefox! They are selling on ebay for less than $200 but it states that it has been used for demonstrations...not sure where or for how long. I have a violet LED light that I am currently using for acne but I would like to try the one for wrinkles. I will probably wait since I just purchased the Oxyderm High Frequency device for acne yesterday Sad
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:

Hi Firefox,
What is TBH? Tell me what do you use on your face as pretreatment? When I talked to Steve he said the extension chord is the key and also when you store it don't wrap the chord around the unit.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure what Steve was talking about but I just found this on their site and it is the lower price under $200 and 5 payment option. At the rate they are selling these they will probably cost under $150 in less than a year.
https://www.trylightstim.com/Payment.dtm
damianne
5% products discount

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
well i bit the bullet and bought the lightstim at the try light stim link.. at 199.99 with a 5 payment option plan and a 90 day return policy...it seems the way to go.. a little concerned as i bought it 6 hours ago and still no email, or credit payment made on my card..but i called them and they had the order. said it will ship from colorado via usps, and i will get an email eventually, so now i just wait impatiently Smile
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:16 am      Reply with quote
I did it too! What number did you call? I did not see any infomercial. I just went to their site to order but the office is closed. My only concern is if it dries my skin out way too much I won't be able to keep up with it. I have the original one that is now used for healing and I got too dry with that and never kept up. I did not do a pretreatment serum though.

I am doing a lot to my face and handling it with exercises, massage and the Tua Trend and I am already getting surface dryness more often than I did before. I think it will take time to get used to all of this. I tend to go gung ho and start lots of things at once. Also I have time to focus on this now. In a few months I won't and hope to have my routine down.

If I do have to return it, I just hope they have their act together and take me off the auto payment. Rolling Eyes
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

Hi Firefox,
What is TBH? Tell me what do you use on your face as pretreatment? When I talked to Steve he said the extension chord is the key and also when you store it don't wrap the chord around the unit.

TBH = to be honest

Thanks. I am using an extension cord and storing the AALS and power lead loose in my undies drawer safe from my cat! Still paranoid - I am in the UK so getting a new lead from Lightstim would be slow and possibly expensive.

Currently different areas of my face are pre-treated with lemon peel bioferment (experiment for hyperpigmentation) OR a light aloe vera lotion. I can't honestly advise anyone to follow my lead tho, I stuck with things I had already been using. Will switch to an anti-ageing product at some point, either MyFawnie's KinNiaNag serum (similar to DragoN's recipe) or a DIY Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (non-acidic vitamin C) serum, just need to research which is the most light stable.

I was dehydrating on the nose and eyelids without the lotion, but I suspect that was partly me pressing the AALS into the skin. I now treat the eye area first while the lights are cold. Do consider what you are pre-cleansing with, a foaming product or astringent toner will be too drying.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Firefox7275"]
mommydearest wrote:

Currently different areas of my face are pre-treated with lemon peel bioferment (experiment for hyperpigmentation) OR a light aloe vera lotion. I can't honestly advise anyone to follow my lead tho, I stuck with things I had already been using. Will switch to an anti-ageing product at some point, either MyFawnie's KinNiaNag serum (similar to DragoN's recipe) or a DIY Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (non-acidic vitamin C) serum, just need to research which is the most light stable.

I was dehydrating on the nose and eyelids without the lotion, but I suspect that was partly me pressing the AALS into the skin. I now treat the eye area first while the lights are cold. Do consider what you are pre-cleansing with, a foaming product or astringent toner will be too drying.

I have the lemon bioferment too. I was thinking of NCN's collagen elastin. Don't know those those other serums. I thought they told me Vit C would be too drying. I guess we are all different though. What is wrong with foaming? I don't have any SLF in anything if that is the concern.
damianne
5% products discount

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
[I did it too! What number did you call? I did not see any infomercial. I just went to their site to order but the office is closed. My only concern is if it dries my skin out way too much I won't be able to keep up with it. I have the original one that is now used for healing and I got too dry with that and never kept up. I did not do a pretreatment serum though.]

hey mommydearest, so cool we bought the same day, i didn't see any informercial either, i just went to their site and it led me from there...we are better off with the 90 day return, and it is from the lightstim store ultimately, so i feel they will stand by it.

anyways, i recently got the dermawand, and love it..i use cellfood oxygen gel, retin a and thats about it..i have heard so many great things about the lightstim, and have seen so many great before and afters, i am excited to give it a whirl...as far as drying out, i am the exact same way, whatever i do, i tend to overdo, and then when i back off, it usually gets better! well they still haven't processed my order, no email, no credit card payment..its hard to be patient..keep me updated on how the process is going for you!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="damianne"]
hey mommydearest, so cool we bought the same day, i didn't see any informercial either, i just went to their site and it led me from there...we are better off with the 90 day return, and it is from the lightstim store ultimately, so i feel they will stand by it.

I actually don't think it is from the Lightstim store. I think it is a third party but they will still honor the 90 day.

anyways, i recently got the dermawand, and love it..

What are you using the Dermawand for? Similar to the Tuas?
i use cellfood oxygen gel,

Funny you use that. I was just thinking about it yesterday because was looking at the Cell Food drops on my counter. I have been lazy about taking them. And I remembered how I used to get compliments on my skin when I was using the Gel. Also thinking it might be good as a LS pretreatment. When I was talking to Steve he actually said any of the Retinols, including Trans Retinol, can be a problem with LS usage. Even if you use it on different days or at the other end of the day. So just keep that in mind.
damianne
5% products discount

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
well i not for sure what the tua does, the dermawand is a high frequency tool, that also emits oxygen. alot of people seem to use it for acne, but it definitely gives my skin a more even, tighter and refreshed appearance. just started using a couple weeks ago. i overdid it at first and it dried my skin out, now i use it once a day and seem to have found a balance.

as far as the cellfood goes, i use the gel and the drops everyday. i work with kids and have yet to get sick in 4 months, until today ironically. as far as the gel goes, my skin is so sensitive, the gel is one of the few things that doesn't irritate it. while i have not seen dramatic results with it, i have seen subtle results with it, and it does feel like a drink for my skin, which does stay somewhat dry due to the retin a.
i have been on retin a .1 micro gel for almost 2 years now, i get if from india..and my skin is completely acclimated to it. i will definitely keep the lightstim usage as the directions state, as i figure overuse just seems to create a drying affect. i don't need that, though i am thinking the oxygen gel would be a great pre treatment for the lightstim, or maybe a basic diy vitamin c serum. i am totally excited about buying this gadget, i just hope it works out as far as shipping Rolling Eyes etc..etc.. Rolling Eyes
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

I have the lemon bioferment too. I was thinking of NCN's collagen elastin. Don't know those those other serums. I thought they told me Vit C would be too drying. I guess we are all different though. What is wrong with foaming? I don't have any SLF in anything if that is the concern.

MAP is not drying it is the acidic form L-ascorbic acid that is, plus many of the L-AA recipes also contain alcohol (vodka) to dissolve one of the partner ingredients in. I know my skin is sensitive and prone to dehydration so I don't see any sense in slapping alcohol and acids on it each day, when there is an equally effective alternative!

All foaming cleansers strip the oils from the surface of the skin or hair, anionic surfactants (not just SLS) strip some of the oils out of the skin barrier too. Depending on your skin type and depending what you do next that leaves your skin vulnerable to water loss. IMO safer to use a cleansing oil (with emulsifier to help it rinse clean) or cleansing lotion plus water or hydrating gentle toner before using the AALS.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |