Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Lightstim's customer service is always very good.

I think they should do something about this issue though. They've played down the problem in the past - and suggest that the unit should be used with an extension chord. Still, that's not a necessity with other hand-held appliances (like hairdryers for instance).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think Steve should look into getting an A/C adapter that's made in the USA...

It's a shame that a quality LED that is made and assembled in the USA, has an inferior problematic A/C adapter that is made in China.

According to my best friend who is Chinese and lives in China 3 months of every year, she told me "they have no quality control, and it's all about quantity over quality".

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
The CS person said that they switched to a thicker adaptor. Don't know if it's from the same manufacturer.
damianne
5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
well i just got my lightstim on the 14th of march, and it is not a thicker chord..it is so thin, and i am scared everytime i use it with my extension chord. swissmom, let me know if the new chord is thicker than the original, i would love to get my hands on one, just so i don't have to worry every time i use it! good luck...i love my lightstim!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi damianne! I'll be happy to give a comparison report. Btw, the cs person said that she uses an extension cord on hers and she never unplugs it. She keeps it right on her nightstand. I guess that helps prevent some wear and tear on the cord?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:20 am      Reply with quote
it was mentioned that the lightstim may be on sale on QVC on the 23rd. I went to the QVC website/program schedule and could not find. Does anyone have any info on this? Or sales anywhere else?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:15 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
it was mentioned that the lightstim may be on sale on QVC on the 23rd. I went to the QVC website/program schedule and could not find. Does anyone have any info on this? Or sales anywhere else?

I searched for you erg and all I found was the wrinkle model with a special?

$299 $249.95. Yes I want to save $50 and get FREE Shipping! Send me LightStim for Wrinkles and lock in my 90-Day Money Back Guarantee. I will pay just 5 payments of $49.99

Pay One and Done! I want to pay in full today by making one easy payment of $249.95. I will still save $50 and get FREE Shipping plus the 90 Day Money back Guarantee!

http://www.trylightstim.com//Payment.dtm

I have no idea what the difference is?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DM,
I think they had it for $199... but I missed it. Literally by one day! Sad
thanks for looking...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:21 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Thanks DM,
I think they had it for $199... but I missed it. Literally by one day! Sad
thanks for looking...

Sorry erg!
I am sure more specials will be coming along, but I know it stinks to have to wait! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
See if you can get in touch with Steve. He is so nice. I talked to him a lot. Tell him you are an EDS Forum member and you just missed the $199 special. He told me about this special way before it happened and said I should watch for it. They are doing so well and they are selling so many of these lights, he can definitely afford to give a few of you guys a break. Not sure they can give the payment plan though.

I got it for the lower price and split up payments but I have to say I don't think I will ever stop using this and it would have been worth the splurge for full price. It does something other things were not doing. It is hard to explain and I am doing lots of other things but somehow it ties it all in. It is similar to facial massage to me in a way. It just smooths out, plumps and evens out the skin and gives an overall younger glow. I do think alone it is not as impressive as combining with other techniques. I think it is one piece of the puzzle and you have to approach from different angles. And it is not such a big time commitment. I thought it would be but I use it while at the computer and just set the timer. Time goes by quickly. Only problem is you can only type with one hand. So it has to be when you are researching or reading or simple functions.
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
The QVC show it might be on is Friday night beauty.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone... GUESS WHAT... Was flipping channels this morning and saw the lightsim featured on Good Morning America.

Enter code GMA and get 50% off I paid $124.
Yeah!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone... GUESS WHAT... Was flipping channels this morning and saw the lightsim featured on Good Morning America.

Yeah!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:11 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:

Yeah!

I was trying to post what you did, but the site went wonky on me and I couldn't get it to load! I am so glad you caught that too! Hooray erg!!!!!
Laughing
P.S. it is free shipping too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I am so excited! I have been wanting to treat myself... it has been so long since I splurged.. and at $125.. how could you not!

Now, I just gotta do some reading to see what is best to use pre/post treatment.

DM, have you ordered one yet? And a little off topic, but how is the CHAS going?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 am      Reply with quote
LOL, erg! I was just coming here to tell you about it! I am so happy that you got to get it! That's the lowest price I have ever seen it. Good for you. I'm tempted to order another one, but I only have so much money to devote to beauty stuff. Embarassed
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
I am so excited! I have been wanting to treat myself... it has been so long since I splurged.. and at $125.. how could you not!

Now, I just gotta do some reading to see what is best to use pre/post treatment.

DM, have you ordered one yet? And a little off topic, but how is the CHAS going?

As tempting as it is I still am on the fence about purchasing one. Think (2 1/2 years)Laughing

I really do like the CHAS, I agree with Riley it does have a (IMO) slight egg white feel which dissipates very quickly for me, it is too soon to say any more than I love the silky feel of my skin once it sinks in. I will report in more once I have used it long enough! Very Happy Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
erg wrote:

As tempting as it is I still am on the fence about purchasing one. Think (2 1/2 years)Laughing

I really do like the CHAS, I agree with Riley it does have a (IMO) slight egg white feel which dissipates very quickly for me, it is too soon to say any more than I love the silky feel of my skin once it sinks in. I will report in more once I have used it long enough! Very Happy Laughing

Yes, I have been thinking about it for well over a year myself. I thought, for $125 I had to make the leap. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
erg wrote:

Yes, I have been thinking about it for well over a year myself. I thought, for $125 I had to make the leap. Smile

I don't blame you one bit, I just have a car that needs painting, house repairs so maybe I can sell ect. ect. So I am trying to be really, really good about spending! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:34 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:

Yeah!

OMG this is so low!!!!! Makes my great deal for $199 look like too much. I suppose I could return it and repurchase one today for $125. It is a big savings. Or I guess one could splurge for another one now and do a two handed treatment to get it done twice as fast.I think I would be getting 2 for around the price the people paid for one of the original AALSs a few years ago. They are selling so many of these they can probably afford to sell it for less. Maybe in a year we can get one for $50. I think this special is just for today. I called them and they said it is over at 9 pm EST.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:34 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:

Yeah!

Could you tell me what web address you used please?

I can't pass up that price..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,
I went to the main website. http://www.lightstim.com/

Scroll down and you see an ad on the left for GMA promotion!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
So Kassy,
What are you using these days for post or pretreatment?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Hi Kassy,
I went to the main website. http://www.lightstim.com/

Scroll down and you see an ad on the left for GMA promotion!

They also have it here,

http://gma.yahoo.com/gma-exclusive-deals-beauty-products-cosmetics-180104847--abc-news.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:49 am      Reply with quote
OMG, I wish I had waited now! That's awesome! I have 2 now, trying to think of a reason for a third one,lol

this is my 4th day and my skin is smoother and more plumped already! I know it can't be collagen , but it is very encouraging. I actually thought I had pretty good skin tone already, but skin is much more luminous now. so glad we are all posting about our results

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |