Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:33 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Wow, $125 is an amazing deal! I've been thinking about adding the LS. I wish I would have seen this earlier. I put in the GMA code on the website but it said invalid. Sad

It looks like it will be on QVC tonight; right now the Q website says $199.

Wow, the ad/promotion has already been removed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
RyanA wrote:
Wow, $125 is an amazing deal! I've been thinking about adding the LS. I wish I would have seen this earlier. I put in the GMA code on the website but it said invalid. Sad

It looks like it will be on QVC tonight; right now the Q website says $199.

Wow, the ad/promotion has already been removed.

They did say on GMA it was one day only, it is a shame but I think they had said "limited supplies".

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks goodness I saw it... I usually watch the Today show, was flipping by and saw it. Stopped me in my tracks! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:17 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Thanks goodness I saw it... I usually watch the Today show, was flipping by and saw it. Stopped me in my tracks! Very Happy

That is funny I am not a GMA watcher either, I just happened to be flipping through channels also and landed on GMA just as they were doing the beauty segment! I guess it was just meant to be. Laughing

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I have placed an order yesterday for $124 Lightstim by using the code GMA. Thanks this forum and Erg very much. But I noticed the serum is not included. There are only the device, adapter, and the goggle. Does this price include 2-year warranty Question
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
sabrina_hua wrote:
I have placed an order yesterday for $124 Lightstim by using the code GMA. Thanks this forum and Erg very much. But I noticed the serum is not included. There are only the device, adapter, and the goggle. Does this price include 2-year warranty Question

I would think the warranty would apply regardless, I believe LightStim has offered many specials over the years and all were covered. I honestly do not recall if it has the serum, but there are plenty of recommendations on this thread about what to use, the serum is a new addition, maybe a year or so ago?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Darkmoon for your reply. I hope the warranty is the same. I am pretty sure this price doesnt include the serum. But whatever, I can try to use other serums like Estee Lauder, or essential olis maybe...By the way, did you guys put the device on your face while using or keep some distance with your face?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
sabrina_hua wrote:
Thanks Darkmoon for your reply. I hope the warranty is the same. I am pretty sure this price doesnt include the serum. But whatever, I can try to use other serums like Estee Lauder, or essential olis maybe...By the way, did you guys put the device on your face while using or keep some distance with your face?

This is my first venture into the LED world, I have been thinking about it for 2 1/2 years since I joined EDS in 2009, I do recall (if memory serves) a long time user Keliu did fall asleep with it against her face without any harm. The instructions is to use it close as I recall.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Darkmoon. I got it. I received an email from Lightstim for yesterday's order. It says because of a tremendous volume on their website shopping cart yesterday, a few duplicate orders/pending charges may be resulted. As a compensation, they offer a coupon to buy their serum with 50% off. Does anybody have positive views on the serum? Is it worth buying? Thanks Thanks Razz
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:13 am      Reply with quote
sabrina_hua wrote:
Thanks Darkmoon. I got it. I received an email from Lightstim for yesterday's order. It says because of a tremendous volume on their website shopping cart yesterday, a few duplicate orders/pending charges may be resulted. As a compensation, they offer a coupon to buy their serum with 50% off. Does anybody have positive views on the serum? Is it worth buying? Thanks Thanks Razz

I'm not thrilled about the ingredients of that serum. To many "extras". I think I am going to use it "bare faced" the first few times (as Kassy suggested) then try either a DIY Aloe/Niancinamide (sp?) or Aloe with fresh brewed green tea.

If I were to buy a serum to go with this, which I can't right now, I would go for NCN's Matrixyl Serum.

Hope that helps.

Question for everyone: how often do you use this? I am thinking every other day. (day 1 face/neck and day 2 chest/arms).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
sabrina_hua wrote:

I'm not thrilled about the ingredients of that serum. To many "extras". I think I am going to use it "bare faced" the first few times (as Kassy suggested) then try either a DIY Aloe/Niancinamide (sp?) or Aloe with fresh brewed green tea.

If I were to buy a serum to go with this, which I can't right now, I would go for NCN's Matrixyl Serum.

Hope that helps.

Question for everyone: how often do you use this? I am thinking every other day. (day 1 face/neck and day 2 chest/arms).

Commenting on my own post... Smile
Anyway, after I posted I went back and read a few dozen pages to get caught back up on best practices. It seems like many people seem to like the Lightstim serum. I just want to keep it simple... Aloe mixed with 1-2 actives and call it a day!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Commenting on my own post... Smile
Anyway, after I posted I went back and read a few dozen pages to get caught back up on best practices. It seems like many people seem to like the Lightstim serum. I just want to keep it simple... Aloe mixed with 1-2 actives and call it a day!

I am also not investing in the serum, I think most of us have a suitable serum in our arsenal of goodies that will be just fine! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Got my cord today. At first glance, they look identical, but looking down directly at the top of the cord (the metal part that plugs into the unit), you can see that it is thicker.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
Got my cord today. At first glance, they look identical, but looking down directly at the top of the cord (the metal part that plugs into the unit), you can see that it is thicker.

Glad to hear they got it straightened out for you! Smile I hope the cord issue is resolved, I hate having to get replacement parts!

Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Erg for you sharing. It was because of you that I can know the promotion and placed the order. I thought about adding a bottle of serum, but the shipping fee is high. Ok, forget it then. At least I have my EL serums and some flower hydrosols. I reviewed some experiences by other people who are using LED. Some recommend applying green tea serums(H2O, etc.) before the procedure. Some say bare face applied with some flower hydrosols is better. Confused.... Embarassed In addition, do you wash your face after the procedure and apply second-time skin cares?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
sabrina_hua wrote:
Thanks Erg for you sharing. It was because of you that I can know the promotion and placed the order. I thought about adding a bottle of serum, but the shipping fee is high. Ok, forget it then. At least I have my EL serums and some flower hydrosols. I reviewed some experiences by other people who are using LED. Some recommend applying green tea serums(H2O, etc.) before the procedure. Some say bare face applied with some flower hydrosols is better. Confused.... Embarassed In addition, do you wash your face after the procedure and apply second-time skin cares?

There is an interesting thread about Green Tea and Led:

Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35494

I do believe most either rinse after or wash depending on what is used and then continue with regular skin care routine. Very Happy

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I've decided to make the serum by myself according to Kassy_A's formula,hahaha Laughing Looking for the material now...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
sabrina_hua wrote:
Ok, I've decided to make the serum by myself according to Kassy_A's formula,hahaha Laughing Looking for the material now...

I've had great feedback on this one, since posting it about half way into this thread, and I must say it's probably my favorite as well;

8oz PRE LED/POST SUN EXPOSURE GREEN/WHITE TEA SPRITZ

-7 1/2 oz distilled water
-2 MSM caplule contents (Opti-MSM recommended)
-2 ml/cc white tea extract ( http://www.vitacost.com/Twinlab-TeaZen-be-u-TEA-licious-organic-White-Tea-extract-Green-Coffee-Berry-Peach ) A full dropper is 1 ml/cc. See ingredients below
-3 ml/cc green tea extract
-2 ml/cc hydrolyzed wheat protein ( http://www.personalformulator.com/wvss/product_info.php?products_id=994 )This is not the same as wheat protein oil!
-2 ml/cc sodium PCA (great humectant!)
-2 ml/cc licorice root extract (nice for those with hyperpigmentation!)
-2 ml/cc algae extract (nice subtle skin tightener along with skin benefits!)
-1.7 ml/cc optiphen (preservative) This will assure potency and stability of actives for several weeks

-***optional***For those who use CP Serum, it's a wonderful addition to this especially if your using it pre LED treatment. Rather than incorporating it into the 8oz spritz, just put your few drops of CP's in the palm of your hand, and add a squirt or two of spritz to it, then apply. (Supposedly copper peptides increase collagen synthesis by 60%, and there is now a couple of studies that prove a synergy when used in conjunction with LED treatments.)

All ingredients are water soluble, so just add everything into an ounce or so of the distilled water, stir well, put in 8oz spritz bottle, and fill to the top with distilled water. I keep mine in fridge for added stability, and well, it just feels nice to have a cool spritz throughout the day.

I've read some info here and there that both white and green tea, when applied after sun exposure, can neutralize the free radicals generated by UV exposure... (Thus my decision to use this throughout the day, and leave my C serum regimes for nighty-night.)

For pre LED use, just spritz liberally on clean exfoliated skin, massage in, and do your treatment when your skin is dry to the touch.

The finished spritz looks much like tea, feels like water + absorbs quickly. Just don't use this at the same time as vitamin C serum.

White Tea Extract Ingredients;

(99% polyphenols, 60% EGCG), Vegetable glycerin, deionized water, honey, natural peach flavor, magnasweet (licorice root), citrus extract, luo han guo (glycoside/often used as sugar substitute, made from fruit).

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sabrina_hua

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, updated formula. Taking notes now... Bad Grin
sabrina_hua

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
The white tea extract cannot be found on Vitacost anymore Sad
What is the full name of CP serum? I found Neova Night Therapy with Copper Peptide Complex on Drugstore. Is it the same item?
You said we can use a bottle to spritz the solution to face. Do I need to avoid the eye area? Thanks very much.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:27 am      Reply with quote
sabrina_hua wrote:
What is the full name of CP serum? I found Neova Night Therapy with Copper Peptide Complex on Drugstore. Is it the same item?
You said we can use a bottle to spritz the solution to face. Do I need to avoid the eye area? Thanks very much.

I also hunted to the wee hours and could not find that white tea extract anymore, I did see on foodfacts.com something about it having "questionable" ingredients?

The CP's Kassy is referring to are copper peptides, a separate product.

I do see that makingcosnmetics.com has a straight up white tea extract:

Description: White tea also known as Yinzhen is produced predominately in Asia; it is picked just few days in spring when the white buds are young, withered and dried in natural sunlight and minimal processed to maintain its high concentration of polyphenols. Highly antioxidant & anti-inflammatory effects. Skin protection is significantly higher than with green tea. Water-soluble. Appearance: Light to medium amber liquid, faint herbal odor. Water-soluble. CAS# not available.

INCI Name: Camellia sinensis (white tea) extract.

Properties: Potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent, inhibits collagen degradation in the skin by inhibiting enzymatic metalloproteinases.

Use: Add to formulas as is, typical use level: 2 - 10%. For external use only.

http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Botanical-Extracts/White-Tea-Extract-p1451.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:51 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
sabrina_hua wrote:

I also hunted to the wee hours and could not find that white tea extract anymore, I did see on foodfacts.com something about it having "questionable" ingredients? (for ingesting), seems strange to me!

The CP's Kassy is referring to are copper peptides, a separate product.

I do see that makingcosnmetics.com has a straight up white tea extract:

Description: White tea also known as Yinzhen is produced predominately in Asia; it is picked just few days in spring when the white buds are young, withered and dried in natural sunlight and minimal processed to maintain its high concentration of polyphenols. Highly antioxidant & anti-inflammatory effects. Skin protection is significantly higher than with green tea. Water-soluble. Appearance: Light to medium amber liquid, faint herbal odor. Water-soluble. CAS# not available.

INCI Name: Camellia sinensis (white tea) extract.

Properties: Potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent, inhibits collagen degradation in the skin by inhibiting enzymatic metalloproteinases.

Use: Add to formulas as is, typical use level: 2 - 10%. For external use only.

http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Botanical-Extracts/White-Tea-Extract-p1451.html

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I have the fresh white tea. It has lighter taste than green tea. Some people who dont like heavy taste and high caffein concentration can try white tea. But, I dont dare to add tea water to my serum. I think it will decay very quickly.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I am on Retin-a, What would be a good away to exofiate before a lightstim treatment? Would a microfiber cloth be too harsh? I already use the clarisonic

Also I just started back using a vit-c serum. I usually use it first thing in the am(about 5 30)Would it be better to wait until I start my lightstim treatment(about 1 30pm) or should I stick to using the vit c early in the morning? I don't want to use it twice in a day because its too expensive.

Thanks for any suggestions!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
I am on Retin-a, What would be a good away to exofiate before a lightstim treatment? Would a microfiber cloth be too harsh? I already use the clarisonic

Also I just started back using a vit-c serum. I usually use it first thing in the am(about 5 30)Would it be better to wait until I start my lightstim treatment(about 1 30pm) or should I stick to using the vit c early in the morning? I don't want to use it twice in a day because its too expensive.

Thanks for any suggestions!

If you are using L-ascorbic acid then you are already doing sufficient exfoliation between that, the Retin-A (also an acid) and your Clarisonic.

IMO don't apply ascorbic acid right before a Lightstim treatment as it is easily degraded by light, might be being over-cautious but ... Vitamin C remains in the skin for many hours/ days so what you apply in the morning will still be active by the afternoon.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |