Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Im hearing a lot of people are experiencing that their skin is reverting back to its original shape when they discontinue use of their lightstim, can anyone vouch for this? Im thinking of purchasing one and Id like to know.

thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Katstrut wrote:
aprile wrote:
Btw, I just got an email that Ageless is running a summer special on the Diamond... if you purchase one 2 oz. Diamond you get a 1 oz. Gold for FREE!! Great buy and a good way for new customers to try both products!!

Oh wow! Researching Ageless Secret on this forum has been mind boggling! It should be made into a really silly comedy series about finding dark matter, the holy grail of anti-aging and a scientist who refused to go public with his 'discovery'! LOL Oh my imagination is having a field day conjuring all kinds of scenarios for such a series in my over-active head Bad Grin

Purely based on the the strength of testimonials on this forum from long standing members, I will try it - even though my rational (ex CSIRO) side is laughing at me!

Aprile, thanks for sharing the info re the promo, is there a code new customers can use to access this deal? I checked the website and couldn't find it. TIA Very Happy

Hi Kat,

The promo states all orders for the 2 oz. diamond will include a 1 oz. gold, even though it's not on the website. No code is necessary. But it states offer good while supplies last so I gather they have a limited amount. I would call... Best, Aprile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
nuttymadam wrote:
Im hearing a lot of people are experiencing that their skin is reverting back to its original shape when they discontinue use of their lightstim, can anyone vouch for this? Im thinking of purchasing one and Id like to know.

thanks

Aside from PS What does not revert back if not maintained? This is why we keep using all the things we find that work for us personally. Of course we find nothing works for all! (even full facelifts do not last forever).

I have not given up my treatments but down to once or if time allows twice a week at the moment! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
nuttymadam wrote:

thanks

Hi Nuttymadam,

Since that is true for anything you use topically on your skin ...(your skin reverts to its original state), I would think it would be the same once you stop using the Lightstim as well. However, I doubt once you saw results, you'd want to stop using it! Best, Aprile Smile
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
LS users-do you treat the part right under the eyebrow and if so, how? I just started putting it under the eyebrow to where about half the light (I think) is sticking out (with eyes closed, of course). I didn't want to put it directly over the eyelid.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I wondered if led light near the eyes might actually help, when I read this

http://www.ehow.com/way_5914974_led-light-therapy-eyes.html
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:23 am      Reply with quote
7Destiny wrote:
I wondered if led light near the eyes might actually help, when I read this

http://www.ehow.com/way_5914974_led-light-therapy-eyes.html

Some time back I reported that I thought using the LED had improved my dry eye syndrome. Although I thought that that would be unlikely. But a member who is an opthamologist stated that LEDs used around the eye area have been shown to stimulate the tear ducts thereby improving dry eyes. So I wasn't crazy after all!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
fyi, noticed HauteLook has the Lighstim line on sale right now thru Tuesday. Either the anti-aging or acne for $175 or both for $319. I already had one from the GMA $125 hot deal a few months ago but my sister was able to pick-up both units for that great price today.
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Also their serum is $25 on Hautelook
Katstrut
5% products discount

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
7Destiny wrote:
Also their serum is $25 on Hautelook

Interesting, it is under LightStim but it is made by Plum Skincare.

"Peptide Serum by Plum Skin Care is developed specifically for use with LED lights to rejuvenate the skin and help with moisture retention. It is gentle and good for all skin types and does not use any parabens. Gives the skin the nutrients it needs targeting wrinkles, hydrating the skin and preserving the natural youthful look of your skin. Use in conjunction with LED to enhance results."
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty upset now because both my lightstims quit working! One quit working a week ago and they are sending me a new cord and just last night the other one is not working. have any of you had this problem?

I'm going out of town next week so I don't know if I will get the replacement cord for the second one in time. ugg

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 am      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
I'm pretty upset now because both my lightstims quit working! One quit working a week ago and they are sending me a new cord and just last night the other one is not working. have any of you had this problem?

I'm going out of town next week so I don't know if I will get the replacement cord for the second one in time. ugg

Sorry Miracleskin about the cord. I have 2 LS also and have not had any problems with the cords but I know other people on this thread have commented on this problem so I know it has happened before. Hopefully you will get your new cords before you leave. The best thing I can tell you to do is make sure you always try to use some kind of power strip or extension cord so you put as little strain or tension on the plug as possible. I know you shouldn't have to do this but it does seem to help with the longevity of the plug.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I never had trouble with any of my 3 that I use regularly, but read over and over how many folks are having this issue. I think it sucks.. Crying or Very sad

I think the "Made In the US" LS devices are a great quality, but their "Made In China" electric cords are inferior at best. I'm thinking that maybe the cords can't handle the power needed by the devices, and that's why their giving out.

Being told to use an extension cord I think is rubbish. Everybody should flood Steve at LightStim with calls and emails demanding a decently made electrical cord to power the LED device. It's not like it's a cheap investment.

Sadly, almost everything for sale now in the good ole U.S.A. is "made in China"... In my sad experience it's been; 1. buy, 2. use a short time, 3. in the trash. (Kitchen appliances like coffee pots, come wrapped in a plastic that smells like poison, and I'm lucky if I can get 2 months out of it before the base is rusty and the cheap plastic carafe can't be cleaned any more..) I called Mr Coffee's CS to complain that I wanted a "glass" pot and they actually gave some * spam *-n-bull story that "plastic is more user friendly".. LMAO! It's cheaper/lighter than glass to ship from China is the real truth.. Don't get me started!

And before anybody jumps my bones for picking on China... It's nothing personal. My best friend of 30 years who happens to be Chinese, is more irate than I am. The products are crap, and that's a fact.

Hopping off my soapbox.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thankfully no problems with my AALS. I do supplement with a dpl LED and happy. Also have the serum from Plum but forget to use it. I wonder if it's still ok.

My BUNN coffeemaker is USA all the way: Love it. quick too. Highly recommend.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank You for your replies

I emailed steve and they are sending me cords today and I should get it before my trip! yay!

I'm still using them every day. Kinda nervous to go to maintanence because I want to keep building collagen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

My BUNN coffeemaker is USA all the way: Love it. quick too. Highly recommend.

I thought so too, but then found out it's "Assembled" in the USA, with the major portion of parts coming from Asia these days... Crying or Very sad
http://www.bunnathome.com/blog/2011/03/assembled-usa

The other thing for me as far as BUNN goes is that I prefer not to have to keep water heated 24/7. The reviews lately have really sucked as well.. Hopefully your BUNN is an older (truly made in the USA) model and lasts for years to come.

At this point, I'm ready to pull my 20 year old electic Farberware pot out of moth balls...
Laughing

Sorry for the off topic banter Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Jadzaluk
5% products discount

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Within the first few weeks. Hopefully they will find a new supplier!
Crissie
5% products discount

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have read through a good part of these posts, and have a question for you Kassy and Bethany. You both seem to have been using LED lights for a while. Have you, by any chance, stopped using them for a week or longer, and evaluated the results? My question is really;if you stop using this, how does your skin look after a period of time. Better, the same as before you were using them, or .. worse?

I want to avoid a product that requires I use it consistently forever or my skin will look worse than when I started. I have used devices in the past that made my skin look great, as long as I used them, and then when I stopped for a few weeks - boy, my face was much more saggy than it had ever been before. So, the long-term impact was actually a negative.

Does anyone have experience with the lights like this? Maybe if you go on a long vacation and don't bring the device with you..?

Any insight would be appreciated!!
silver73
5% products discount

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any good results? Would you mind letting me know what results you go and how long it took?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Crissie wrote:
Hi,

I have read through a good part of these posts, and have a question for you Kassy and Bethany. You both seem to have been using LED lights for a while. Have you, by any chance, stopped using them for a week or longer, and evaluated the results? My question is really;if you stop using this, how does your skin look after a period of time. Better, the same as before you were using them, or .. worse?

I want to avoid a product that requires I use it consistently forever or my skin will look worse than when I started. I have used devices in the past that made my skin look great, as long as I used them, and then when I stopped for a few weeks - boy, my face was much more saggy than it had ever been before. So, the long-term impact was actually a negative.

Does anyone have experience with the lights like this? Maybe if you go on a long vacation and don't bring the device with you..?

Fighting anti-aging is a continial battle as aging doesn't stop. There is no magic wand for this and if you have anti-aging tools you should use them consixtently. But this doesn't mean that if you stop the treatments for a while you're face will fall appart. I've been away from home for three weeks and haven't used anything but I'll start back when I get home. You are trying to build new collange and elastin with these tools - that wont't suddenly disappear just because you don't use the device for a few weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Crissie,
As far as 'gadgets' go you need to be consistant. In most cases the up-front time is longer in that you will spend many more hours with your gadget the first few weeks or longer to get your skin responding and then you can back it down in terms of time but just as skin ages, you have to keep the gadgetry going. Sad but true. The only things that will last for long term are plastic surgery and then shorter term botox and fillers. Otherwise it's a mission.... Laughing Embrace it and love it. Very Happy Look at it like a hobby for YOU.

Crissie wrote:
Hi,

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Also - I don't know what gadgets you used previously that made your sag worse (ick!) but NuFace does not, and the AALS does not. Many others I use do not either such as dermarolling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Crissie wrote:
Hi,

I stopped using my LED a few years ago...too time consuming for me personally.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Okay, so I am gathering that no one has experienced worse skin if the stop using the LED light machines, correct..? I just want to be sure..Smile

I get that nothing is permanent and that eventually if you stop using anything your skin will revert back to its original condition. I just want to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Like, another example - Endermology. That is a professional process that eliminates cellulite. It really does work. Unfortunately, for me after I had stopped for 6 months, I looked worse than before I started. I had gone for the recommended 12 treatments, then kept weekly maintenance up for 1.5 years. 6 months after I stopped - wow, the cellulite came back, and I look worse than I had before I started.

Thank you - you are all wonderful and I love the support you provide!
carolb
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have had great results with the AALS. I do not feel that my skin has reverted at all. Now I am doing other treatments along with it. I kind of started with that and I noticed a huge difference with overall texture and pores. Sometimes I look at my skin in the car mirror [full sunlight} and I think I can't believe how much better my skin is. Now I still have lots of room for improvement. I would not hesitate to recommend it to people. I use it while on the computer or watching tv. That way it is effortless to use. It is so relaxing also.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |