Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Wink Current temp 7 degrees, windchill -5....tomorrow -5 degrees, windchill -15....god I HATE this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ick! I hate the bloody cold... We're having a cold snap here in South Florida this week; It's 71 degrees now, and going into the low 50's tonight.... Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

Just put the fireplace on to take the chill out... Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Cold snap?? Laughing God...what I wouldn't give for even 40 degrees at this point!! I would probably be doing a dance in my bikini!!! ha ha......if I had one that is...Laughing My sis lives in Kissimmee, I have actually been contemplating moving down there for reason of warmth and job....and I would gladly let the door hit me in the a$$ on the way out of Wisconsin!!!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Cold snap?? Laughing God...what I wouldn't give for even 40 degrees at this point!! I would probably be doing a dance in my bikini!!! ha ha......if I had one that is...Laughing My sis lives in Kissimmee, I have actually been contemplating moving down there for reason of warmth and job....and I would gladly let the door hit me in the a$$ on the way out of Wisconsin!!!!!

Just what I was thinking. 'Get the hell outa there!' I'm sure it's lovely but way too cold. I'd DIE there.

Kassy that sounds so promising. I can't wait to get started with these gadgets.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ha ha Mishey!! Well, you would really die tomorrow here then! They just lowered the temp prediction to -30 with the windchill....they already canceled school for tomorrow and my ex's work is closing down for the next 2 days.....
Florida!!! HERE I COME!!!!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

Kim...not sure where you live, but my AAStim literally was shipped one day and I had it in hand the following day by 1:30pm and a few days before Christmas to boot!!! CA to WI in that short of time, I was blown away... Of course, I paid for the express shipping too and to get it that fast it was worth every penny!!
You will be Stim'ing before ya know it!! One thing Kassy told me to note on my first use was to feel my skin prior to my first application of the light, then after you do your treatment, feel your skin again for softness....it really did happen with me and I couldn't believe it! My face has been baby soft since then and honestly couldn't stop touching it for the first week or so!! ha ha...and not to mention this awesome all over glow, and coming from a person that had suffered from dry somewhat dull skin most of her life, that is saying quite a lot. Also will stress Kassy's recommendation of water, water, water before and after treatment....I was very lax one night with this (didn't really drink much of anything) and woke to a banger headache...I've been a bit lax with that again this week and I really can notice the difference, so back at super hydration again!!

Bren, I received mine today. I ordered Sunday night and just chose Priority shipping & I was thrilled to have received it so soon! So I'm off to use it now.

Kassy, thank you for your help with this! I'm very excited! I will let you know how it goes but I have a good feeling. I'll be patient and use it consistently & just see what happens.......Smile

Kim
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update on the use of CP's with LED treatment..

So far so good, and today makes 2 weeks, and I increase to 2 drops with this evenings application..

I've applied the CP serum every evening, followed by the LED 3 times each week. I have not used any other actives with my treatments.

No 'uglies' so far, and I'm wondering if I should stay on this routine, or increase a bit faster..(say weekly increase, instead of every 2 weeks)... Suggestions foxe, or others in the know???

Kim; how is it going with the LED? Any thoughts yet?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah! Keep us posted Kim!

smgord
5% products discount

Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the acne light on this board's recommendation since Wednesday. I was liking it at first, but tonight I'm a bit worried about something. This thing gets hot after a while. Not warm, but hot. Not so hot that I can't stand it but hot enough to wonder if it is too hot. I noticed that the acne light comes with a 12V power adapter, which is stronger than the one that comes with the AALS -- I wonder if that is because the blue lights have to get hotter to kill the bacteria? In any event, everything was fine, but tonight I noticed two red spots on my cheekbones after using the light. I also saw some small red dots -- either similar or identical to the ones I get when I cry or throw up -- I think the proper term is petechiae. They usually go away in three days. The general redness seriously made me wonder if the lights burned my skin -- there's no pain, though, so I'm pretty sure there's no actual burn.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the general redness will be gone when I wake up tomorrow and that the dots don't last. I'm not giving up yet, but I probably will avoid my inner cheeks for a while, particularly since I generally don't break out there anyway. I have high hopes for this device, so I'm really hoping to don't have to stop using it.

Have any of you had a similar experience with the AALS? Or do we think the acne light just gets hotter than the AALS? I know heat is relative, but I have a very high heat tolerance -- I take showers that other people think would scald their skin. So if my description of the level of heat sounds hotter to you than the AALS, it probably does get hotter.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi smgord, The first rule for anything in life, is if it hurts, something is wrong.. It could either be a defect in your light, or perhaps you need to change how you are doing the treatment.. Or it's too powerful a light for your needs.

The Acne light runs the hottest of all, but that is because of the medical grade wavelengths, that are killing the bacteria that causes acne.. It is supposed to be hot, but should NOT burn your skin. Did you treat yourself with something topically before using the LED? If so, that wouldn't be a good thing for that particular light... You need a bare, clean, dry face with that light.

My AALS and the Original, run on 12 volt as well, so that can be ruled out as the problem I believe.. Could you share exactly how you are treating, including the minutes per section. Also, are you doing it on a bare face, as recommended?

You might just need to tweak your timing a little till your skin gets accustomed to it.. It also might help to move the light every 10 seconds overlapping continually, rather than leaving it in the same spot too long. (How long do the directions suggest per spot for that light?)

I'll try to help you figure it out, or suggest something you might not have considered.. The good thing is you have 3 months, to play around with it, and return it if it is too strong for you, or you just don't like it for any reason..

Don't give up the ship! We will all help you figure it out, if that's what you want to do.

Please share a little of what the directions say, so we can help you adjust things to suit you.

ETA: My Original gets moderately warm, Anti-Aging gets comfortably warm... The Acne light gets the hottest (according to the literature and my niece), and the Rosacea light is made to run at the coolest temperature of the 4 (according to my BIL, it's luke warmish.)

smgord
5% products discount

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy. (My name is Sharon, by the way.) I sent a note to Steve this morning, so we'll see what he says. This morning, the redness is reduced, some, but not all of the red dots are gone, but a tiny bit of swelling, which I didn't mention last night, is still somewhat present.

In answer to your questions, I definitely had no product on my face -- I used my Clarisonic before using the light. However, I had used the light, for five minutes each (per the directions), on about eight spots, before I got to the two areas of trouble. The light was, as I noted, very toasty by then -- it had been on for about 40 minutes. Maybe that's just too long at one sitting.
smgord
5% products discount

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Well, let me say "wow". Steve wrote back, within *minutes*, and is replacing the light in case it runs too hot. He also suggested holding the light very lightly against my face -- I was holding it firmly, although not very hard, so I am going to try that suggestion as well. I'll let you know how it goes ...

One more update -- I told Steve that I get dents in my face from the lights, and he said that meant I was holding it too tightly. He also said not to use it for more than 2 or 3 minutes in areas that don't regularly break out (enough to get the benefits of the red lights, but no more is needed). I'm definitely going to try all of these things, and want to stress how helpful Steve/LightStim has been!
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Hi Kassy & Bren,
I'm realy loving my Lightstim....must be a psychological effect because I know it's early days yet but I really feel like it's doing something. So I'm feeling very optimistic.
Still working out my routine but I find it easy to use & incorporate into my day.

Kassy, I see you're using the Lightstim w/ cps. I have a SuperCop cream. Do you think that would be too occlusive to work with the LED? I water it down & can't see any trace of it on my skin but I'm wondering if it could still block the LEDs.
Thanks
Kim
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
smgord wrote:
Well, let me say "wow". Steve wrote back, within *minutes*, and is replacing the light in case it runs too hot. He also suggested holding the light very lightly against my face -- I was holding it firmly, although not very hard, so I am going to try that suggestion as well. I'll let you know how it goes ...

One more update -- I told Steve that I get dents in my face from the lights, and he said that meant I was holding it too tightly. He also said not to use it for more than 2 or 3 minutes in areas that don't regularly break out (enough to get the benefits of the red lights, but no more is needed). I'm definitely going to try all of these things, and want to stress how helpful Steve/LightStim has been!

Steve gave you wonderful advice about how to change what you are doing... Try the 3 minutes, with the head 'gently' touching skin. You can also move it a few degrees every 10 seconds around the immediate 4 inch area.. Also try treating for 20 minutes, turning the light off till it cools down, and then finishing up..

You will learn the best way to do it, so don't worry.. Very Happy

Yes, I agree, LightStim has the best customer service I have encountered. (And Nanci at NCN is also a tie at the top of my list!)

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
queenpedauque wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Hi Kassy & Bren,
I'm realy loving my Lightstim....must be a psychological effect because I know it's early days yet but I really feel like it's doing something. So I'm feeling very optimistic.
Still working out my routine but I find it easy to use & incorporate into my day.

Kassy, I see you're using the Lightstim w/ cps. I have a SuperCop cream. Do you think that would be too occlusive to work with the LED? I water it down & can't see any trace of it on my skin but I'm wondering if it could still block the LEDs.
Thanks
Kim

It's not psychological or wishful thinking, these LED's show immediate results, that are cumulative over time.. I came across a one year progress picture, that really shows some significant progress in regard to firming and overall skin condition. I will post later when my grandkids clear out.. (I know most LED users think it doesn't do anything for sag, but they are either not consistent enough, or don't have the best LED for the job.)

New studies are indicating that CP's will be 30% more effective, if applied 30 to 60 minutes prior to an LED treatment.

With that said, I would only recommend that long term users, who are sure the CP's are for them, do this..

I on the other hand have decided late last night, to discontinue the CP's when I noticed a loose feeling in the front of my neck.

It's back to the simple vitamin serum for moi'!

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I read that with the prolight you get goggles 'for free'. Do you need goggles for the AALS too?

I need something that can tackle both rosacea, acne, acne scars, eczema and has an overall anti-aging effect.. Cool
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
I read that with the prolight you get goggles 'for free'. Do you need goggles for the AALS too?

I need something that can tackle both rosacea, acne, acne scars, eczema and has an overall anti-aging effect.. Cool

What I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty, is the only (for home use) LED you *need* goggles with is the "Omnilux". And it's because of the intense brightness from the 'surface' mount of their diodes, rather than the typical bulb mount. Several lights come with goggles, but I don't know anyone personally who actually uses them..BTW, You can get goggles for about $2.00 in any tanning bed place.

I don't suggest looking into the light, but going around the circumference of your eye, with eyes closed, should not cause any problem.

You mention quite a few issues to deal with, and my first thought is that it's a lot to expect from *just* an LED. The first thing you want to be sure of is a definitive diagnosis of Rosacea + Eczema, and take it from there, after RX is prescribed.. Only then, can you choose the right LED for your needs.

Also, don't rule out the Omnilux devices.. I have it from a good authority, that it is proving to be a very good light, in a private study.

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
ok thanks for that info!
I hadn't heard of the Omnilux before, will check that out.
I might not be able to tackle all of these issues with one device, but since I read that LED's can be used for most of these problems, I thought there might be one device that suits all my needs Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
ok thanks for that info!
I hadn't heard of the Omnilux before, will check that out.
I might not be able to tackle all of these issues with one device, but since I read that LED's can be used for most of these problems, I thought there might be one device that suits all my needs Very Happy

If it weren't for the "Rosacea", I'd say the Acne light would give you the most bang for your buck, because it also has great red/infrared wavelengths... But if you are diagnosed with heat sensitive Rosacea, the only light made for that is the LS Rosacea light, which has the least heat of all, specifically to not cause a flareup.

Hope that helps!

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

If it weren't for the "Rosacea", I'd say the Acne light would give you the most bang for your buck, because it also has great red/infrared wavelengths... But if you are diagnosed with heat sensitive Rosacea, the only light made for that is the LS Rosacea light, which has the least heat of all, specifically to not cause a flareup.

Hope that helps!

I think I have heat sensitive Rosacea as I easily flush red whenever I get warm, but I'm not entirely sure yet if LED's that generate heat are 'bad' for rosacea. Of course they would give an immediate flare-up, but I'm not sure if the heat is bad in the long run. I'll have to look that up!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to post my 1 year photos of my miserable left side, so you can all help me see (one month after I get the STOP), if it helps the dreaded sag that remains..

I tried for an hour to get the pictures the same size, but I'm hopeless and just couldn't do it.. Anyhoo, you hopefully will get an idea of what the LED did on it's own in 1 year..

Lots of positives are just not showing up well in pictures, but I have way less sag, fine lines, improved jaw + NL fold, smaller pores, and skin texture and tone is off the charts with improvements.. My neck and jaw have transformed, but it's just not showing up well in my pictures..

October 2007 Image December 2008 Image

ETA: That deep wrinkle just under my chin is 80% gone, the jawline is much more defined.. I don't know how to get the pictures larger so you can see the skin changes.. If you can figure out a way to zoom in on the Oct pic, you'll get a good dose of my dreaded chicken skin.. Embarassed Sorry! I either get the pictures humongous, or too small.. Crying or Very sad

mangosteen
5% products discount

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I'm an obsessed Cool lurker Cool on EDS. Just thought I'd pop in with a few words on AALS. I've been using it six weeks now, 5 or 6 times a week. I do 4 minutes per treatment area on my face, neck, chest, and hands. I LOVE IT!!! Yes, that was me yelling out my window at the top of my lungs, praising my Lightstim. My face is always plumped and glowing, and overall healthier looking now. I feel like it has actually lightened my skin tone a bit. I have/had very fine lines radiating from my upper lip which are on their way to being completely gone. My neck looks much fresher and toned. I have a faint horizontal line there which seems to be less noticable. My hands responded very quickly. They appear less crepey. My chest is going to take considerably more effort, but I have faith that it will get there. I did some serious sun worshipping in my teens and have spots and permanent pinkness. UGH! It has definitely improved, but has a long way to go. I should add that I dermarolled my face, maybe a total of ten rolls, six months ago, so it could be that some of the improvements I'm seeing on my face are from that. At any rate...I am very happy with my AALS and can't wait to see the improvements of prolonged use. I am hooked and dedicated...finally a gadget that is not relegated to my gadget graveyard!

Most important thing of this post...THANKS to all who have shared their knowledge and experiences on this thread...I'm especially lookin' at you, Kassy Smile You have a heart of gold (which, in this economy, is much better than having a heart on credit with a high interest rate!)

5% products discount

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!!! Kassy, I just saw your photos. Great results! Hard to believe that is the chin and neck of a 59 year old. You rock! Now I love my AALS even more...oh the potential it holds!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, your pics look fine and really illustrate the difference, but any time you want them cropped, enlarged or whatever, I'll be glad to do that for you.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Kassy, your pics look fine and really illustrate the difference, but any time you want them cropped, enlarged or whatever, I'll be glad to do that for you.

I will definitely take you up on your kind offer, thank you!

I'm dreadful with all this photo business, but I'm glad you can see the difference.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
mangosteen wrote:
OMG!!! Kassy, I just saw your photos. Great results! Hard to believe that is the chin and neck of a 59 year old. You rock! Now I love my AALS even more...oh the potential it holds!

You have just made my day, thank you so much for the kind words.. Very Happy

I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying great results also... Wink

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |