Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
hehe it's alright, i can always hand it down to my mum if its not for me! but anyhow im sure the blue light would help me for my acne and pores!

do u happen to have a code for prolight Very Happy? Do i need some kind of gel for the prolight? hehe thanks!
mrs_mj

Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi, new to this forum but all the discussion about LED light therapy has sparked my interest. I have been considering buying it.

However, I have a couple of questions.

First, is there one that combines red, blue and amber lights? I really do not want to purchase separately and do separate treatments!

Second,I know they work against fine lines around the eyes, but do they work on eyebags as well? That's
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
mrs_mj wrote:
Hi, new to this forum but all the discussion about LED light therapy has sparked my interest. I have been considering buying it.

However, I have a couple of questions.

First, is there one that combines red, blue and amber lights? I really do not want to purchase separately and do separate treatments!

Second,I know they work against fine lines around the eyes, but do they work on eyebags as well? That's

The Anti Aging Light combines red and amber, the acne light has red and blue

What are you typically targeting?

You can get it cheaper if you buy 2 lights at a go
mrs_mj

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
funkydory, a combination of both would be great because I want to treat both acne and fine lines. It would be too much to use 2 lamps, in my opinion, so I am looking for a combi of both. Does that exist even in other brands?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
hehe it's alright, i can always hand it down to my mum if its not for me! but anyhow im sure the blue light would help me for my acne and pores!

do u happen to have a code for prolight Very Happy? Do i need some kind of gel for the prolight? hehe thanks!

Go to the link I supplied above, and look for the "contact" info..

Rita will tell you all you need to know about the device, what is needed as far as topicals for "your" situation, and also if a discount code is still in effect for *EDS* members.. (I haven't contacted her since I posted the holiday special, so I'm not sure. Maybe someone will chime in, who knows for sure.)

Welcome to the forum 'mrs_mj'!

If you have fatty bags an LED won't help that.. If your's are from fluid, it will help that some, because it promotes lymphatic drainage.. (In my experience the AALS offers much more lymphatic drainage, than my red/infrared LED does.)

Anti-Aging LS = red, infrared + amber
Acne = red, infrared + medical grade blue

I don't know of any LED that contains red, amber + blue in one device.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I purchased both the Acne and AALS with the special discount they were running for purchasing two. Works well at our house because 19 yr old son also uses the Acne and we can watch TV together and zap zap zap away.
mrs_mj

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks for the info. The puffiness under my eyes are more from tiredness, wear and tear from daily activities. My eyes are strained a lot due to on-screen reading (I also study on top of work). So I guess the LS will work.

Milbader, I can't get over the picture of me holding one AALS on hand and the Acne on the other holding them on my face at the same time, haha! I don't really think having devices will work for me. I'm the all-in-one type of person Sad.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
This is my first post here. I just purchased the LS for Rosacea (for cheeks only)and the AALS (for other areas) after finishing this long thread and calling their customer service. You ladies certainly have provided a lot of great information. I have one question though. I do Tazorac SCT every night. Can I still do it before using the AALS? I know Retin-A will be degraded by light, but Tazorac can't. Besides, Retinoid helps exfoliate skin.

Thanks for your help.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
This is my first post here. I just purchased the LS for Rosacea (for cheeks only)and the AALS (for other areas) after finishing this long thread and calling their customer service. You ladies certainly have provided a lot of great information. I have one question though. I do Tazorac SCT every night. Can I still do it before using the AALS? I know Retin-A will be degraded by light, but Tazorac can't. Besides, Retinoid helps exfoliate skin.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome, and good luck with your LED!

I would use the LED 1st, and then apply the Tazorac..

Here is the Rosacea Lightstim thread, which has some very good info + links you might find helpful also;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32096&highlight=rosacea+lightstim

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm off on vacation through July 12th, so don't think I'm ignoring you if you ask me questions.. Laughing

Take care everyone, and may the *light* be with you..

calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Where are u goin for vacation kassy? enjoy yourself and im waiting for Rita's reply (hopefully she does)
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy thanks for your reply. Have a nice vacation!

I will definitely share my result with LS with you here. Wish me luck!

Off to the Rosacea post...
Totter
5% products discount

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Finally order my AALS. I know I will need help when it comes in. I should have ordered it last month! Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just used my AALS for the first time today - wouldn't you just know, it arrived on the same day we left for a 3-day vacation so I had to wait!

I used it while at the computer. Rather than watching the time, I downloaded a free timer application from CNet. Just Google "CNet cool timer". It even let me select my own MP3 file to play as the alarm sound, so now I get meowed at when my 2 minutes are up.

Maryanne

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I use the pearl powder cream in the a.m. after my C serum.. When I use Retin-A, I don't apply anything else.

You can use the glycolic powder in a formulation, but be sure it doesn't amount to more than 10%... You need to decide the strength you want to use, and email Cellbone for the precise amount needed for whatever volume of serum you are making with it.. I don't want to give a recipe for this, because more times than not things are misunderstood or changed, and these acids can cause damage if used inappropriately..

Here are all the glycolic products at Cellbone.. The serums (peels) are easy to incorporate into a DIY recipe for LED treatments.. Again, do some homework regarding %, and how to achieve it.

http://cellbone.com/Glycolic20peel.htm

Kassy, which pearl powder cream are you using? Have you formulated a pearl powder cream for DIYers?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bira Kassy is on holiday for the next 3 weeks (God help us all) Shock Shock

I know she was working on a pearl cream but I don't think she has perfected it yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Alley have you found an alternative serum to use with your LS yet?
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to try to formulate Kassys' Pre-Treatment For LED Use this evening. I was able to purchase cobalt blue bottles today at Sprouts. They had them in the essential oil/perfume section.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Alley have you found an alternative serum to use with your LS yet?

I have ordered the correct AHA so I am patiently waiting for that to arrive so I can make the proper pre-treat. I have just been using the AALS without a pre-treat just a good exfoliation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Well I finally did it Exclamation
Made up the Pre-Treatment Serum this afternoon. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I had everything laid out and measured very carefully. I have a digital postal scale that works great for measuring ounces of distilled water. Everything mixed up easily and I put it into one of the cobalt bottles I purchased from Sprouts.
The nicest part is that in addition to going on so smoothly and absorbing quickly I didn't feel guilty, cost wise, about putting it on my arms and chest.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:36 am      Reply with quote
are AHAs recommended before doing LED treatment? I know that Retinol is a no-no as it blocks the LED from getting into the skin
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:16 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
are AHAs recommended before doing LED treatment? I know that Retinol is a no-no as it blocks the LED from getting into the skin

In Kassy's pre-LED treatment, she added AHA. So I'm guessing yes.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:29 am      Reply with quote
AALS update. I have been so pressed for free time this month that I haven't been able to use my AALS more than 2x's a week. I have noticed that some of the gains I have made are fading!! Shock Shock

I guess the moral of this story is the AALS is like crack once you start you can't stop. Laughing

Yes AHA's are a great pre-treat if you follow Kassy's recipe. I inadvertently put the wrong type of AHA into my pre-treat....

5% products discount

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am excited! My AALS came in the mail today. However there was not a manual in the box! Isn't there suppose to be some instructions? I was a little disappointed. I am not going to use it until I reread a lot of the post but I would like to know if a manual was suppose to come with it. Thanks Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Totter there's no manual only a card that comes in the carry bag with it. There's more info on their website that tells you everything you need to know. If you have any extra questions you can email Steve at LS or ask here. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12) Tweezerman Petite Tweeze Set

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |