Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

glowing skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
what skin care products make your skin glow?
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Vivier vitamin C serum makes my skin glow.

Sherri
Mabsy

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Exfoliation, vitamin C serums, certain masks as well. What type of product are you after?
Tazlady
5% products discount

Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Copper Peptides without a doubt! You must be careful with them around delicate areas though (eyes and neck especially).
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Like what SherriinCanada said, Vivier/Obagi 10% vitamin C serum makes my skin glow as well. Vitamin C serums can brighten and even out your skin tone, plus it's an antioxidant to fight free radical damage.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Epidermx cream as it sheds the dead layer and then I glow and have smooooth skin. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Question I thought this was a shill-free zone?!?!?
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Has Mabsy been replaced Smile .
Gingerly
5% products discount

Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I was excited to find this forum. I've purchased from EDS. I've lurked a bit and post on other boards where this particular person shills shamelessly. UGH!!!! DOUBLE UHG!!! Rolling Eyes
Tazlady
5% products discount

Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Shills? Forgive my ignorance, but what does "shills" mean?
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Tazlady wrote:
Shills? Forgive my ignorance, but what does "shills" mean?

I just had to look it up, didn't have a clue either! Very Happy

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=shill

Never heard it used in the UK.
Tazlady
5% products discount

Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toe! I don't understand the reference though on this forum. Gingerly?
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Tazlady wrote:
I don't understand the reference though on this forum.

I think it's referring to the person who likes to talk about Epidermx products in all their posts. I believe they are a distributor of the products and that is possibly why Gingerly uses the term.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, Gingerly. Smile
Gingerly
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Precisely! And what I find very interesting is that it would appear that she uses other skincare products for her own personal use while she promotes only what she sells. Hmmmmm
Gingerly
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I find that extremely disingenuous.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I do not distribute Epidermx and I really like it. It does made my skin glow. I am 59 years old. I use Dr. H's products for cleansing and recently bought their hydrating mask. Love Dr. H.'s products.

AlphaDermaCE, Prep and Okusil for my eyes has does wonders for my mature skin. It is so much firmer and I am so pleased with the results.

Love this forum and all the information.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Tazlady
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Ok you have me curious here. Who is Dr. H? I am 46 and looking for something to help with fine lines and wrinkling on my eyelids. Can I have your opinion Winnie on what I am seeking? Thanks!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Tazlady Smile

Dr. H stands for Dr Hauschka. You can view these products right from this site (Essential Day Spa). I started purchasing them after reading many great reviews. I find the products very rich. Right now I am using the Cleansing cream (need to remove makeup first). I use an oil base makeup remover. I am also using the toner and Rose Day Cream. Recently I bought the Hydrating Mask. Dr. H. has products for all skin types. Very nice natural product.

So I have my cleansing needs taken care of.

As I said I also use AlphaDermaCE line. That product and all JB's products have Argiline in it and help relax my crows feet and firm my skin. I recently lost 20 pounds and my face went south Laughing Very pleased with the tightening effect AlphaDerma has had on face, neck and eye area. Also pleased with the customer service and the product guarantee.

Good luck. Take you time....you will get a lot of good advice from this forum. We all have individual needs. What are you using now?

To be really honest I try not to go too nuts over AlphaDerma. When I first came on this board I was overly excited about the product. I do not in anyway have any interest in this company. I did sent the owner my before and after pictures and he posted them. So, being new I did not want to give people the wrong idea. I realize there are many great products out their and am open to anything that makes me look good. Rolling Eyes

Have a good night.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Tazlady
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your informative post. I am currently using Skin Biology's Copper Peptides and have been for the past six months. While I like them very much for the "glow" and good condition my skin is in since using them, I am looking for something to help with fine lines and slight sagging starting at my jaw line. The Alpha Derma products you mention might be effective for the additional help I am looking for. I have also recently started to use Renova 2-3 nights a week which perhaps will help over time. I guess we're all looking for that miracle product! Thanks again for your help. All the best.
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the informative tips! I'm so happy to have found this forum! I think it has saved me from wasting money on products that promise everything yet deliver nothing! I'll try some of your suggestions.By the way.. it's nice to know all of you![/url]
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
SherriinCanada wrote:
Has Mabsy been replaced Smile .

Laughing

It's so good to see other people being weary of people pushing products on here. Whenever taking a product recommendation on board you should always check to see if it's an established user and if not then have a scan of all their posts (click on profile) and see if there is a "common theme".

I have actually deleted quite a few posts about Epidermix that were coming from the same location yet different users. I hate when people try to pull that off here. Sassyred was not one of the users although I have had to edit out some URLs from her posts.

Mabsy
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, I wonder if she's the same *sassyred* from icompact and makeupalley although I haven't seen her shilling for epidermx on either site. I've personally tried the product, it's a microdermabrasion cream and it's pretty ordinary for the crazy price of $45 though. When I bought it 2 years ago, they didn't even have a website up yet and I stumbled upon it while doing a random search on ebay (it's utterly frightening how you can can suckered into buying something when you're NOT even looking for).

Products I love for that glowing skin:-

low-end:

-a good cream-based scrub ( I usually make my own with fine corundum crystals, just mix it into a cream cleanser)

-aspirin mask (I prefer disprin over normal aspirin though) You can substitute srubs with this as it's level of scrubbiness can be adjusted by increasing the number of tablets used.

-Mashed ripe banana with advocado ( terribly messy but well worth it for me)

-homemade vit C (l-ascorbic is almost impossible to find so I stick to ordinary vit C crystals, mix with half-teaspoon water, and watever additives you wish to add like green tea extract, vit e etc)

Mid-end:

Total effects spf 15 (day)
Total effects restorative (night)
Usana rice bran polisher with enzymes
Kanebo collagen sheet masks ( can't live without them
Neutragena whitening sheet masks with Vit C

High-end:

La mer cream and serum hands down (the eye balm is crap though for that kinda money)
Sircuit Dream Weaver night cream
Anna Carrera scrub
La prairie Radiance Cream (MAD price though)
Skinceuticals Primary C+E
PCA 20%+5%
missboo
5% products discount

Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
For long term glowing I also like Vit C - been using LaPrairie, test driving Obaji's.
For instant glow, I love Chanel Brillance Pur. Not greasy or shiny, just glow.

ps - I have seen the same shiller on makeupalley. Sad
TerrionLI
5% products discount

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I get the La Mer cream and serum in usa, NYC or long island.

Thanks.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
in fairness to sassyred, she did say that she distributes the stuff in previous posts, so it's not exactly shilling is it? At least she isn't doing what other members have done recently and shamelessly pushed dangerous stuff.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |