Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oil absorbing blotting paper
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Amesevey
5% products discount

Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys

Anyone use these during the day to reduce shine? Does anyone have a particular favorite? I'm thinking of using my gift certificate to purchase these along with a silk dust powder. I know Masby and many others rave about Jurlique's rose and or lavender dust powder to reduce shine, but are there other good ones out there? Would excessive use of this powder during the day clog my pores? That's why I'm thinking to do the blotting paper first then the powder. Any suggestions?

jill
em
5% products discount

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
i personally prefer to spray with the jurlique rosewater freshener and dab the excess away (plus any grime etc.) with a tissue then spray my face again after that lightly. Ive used blotting papers years ago and it didnt do anything for me, just made me feel ickier Confused . Everybody's different i suppose!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of a shiseido one once and didn't like it for two reasons

1 - I never noticed a difference
2 - I got zits from it (I get zits from EVERYTHING)
Mabsy

Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I find that the Clinique ones are ok and also the Clean&CLear ones (the blue ones) but I'm not sure if they make them anymore. I'm also not sure if EDS actually sells any blotting papers at all.

Here's some previous recommendations/tips that you might find helpful: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1804
Amesevey
5% products discount

Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
thanks to all your replies,...the link was really helpful as well.

jill
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I find the Clean & Clear oil blotting sheets very effective. There are some Japanese brands that are even better, but they are not sold in North America(or very hard to find).
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Clean and Clear ones. Tell me more on the Silk Dust please.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Clean & clear here too! works great and cheap. Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use Boscia's oil blotting linens--very nice! No added ingredients and 100% natural. I like to apply makeup, then Jurlique silk dust, and then throughout the day blot with the paper. It's amazing to see how much oil gets on there--sometimes I feel like an oil slick
EW! Confused
sunnyrui

Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Currently,I use EsteeLauder clear Difference twice a day and Paper blotting in the afternoon. they work great for me:)
Amesevey
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime (fan of the book 1984?? haha)

where can i purchase Boscia's oil blotting linens?? They sound like the most appealing to me plus I know that they go well with Jurlique's silk dust (which do u prefer..lavender or rose?)

Yeh feeling like an oil slick sucks but at least u know you're getting rid of all that crap Wink

jill
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Amesevey - I think Sephora carries Boscia.

Skiser - Silk Dust is a translucent powder that does pretty well in terms of controlling shinyness (for me anyway). It comes in Lavender and Rose (my fave) and smells divine! The packaging sucks though but I put up with it because I love the powder.

There's been some reviews of it here in the past. If you do a search for 'silk dust' you should be able to find some feedback.

Mabsy
em
5% products discount

Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
How would u apply the silk dust? does it come with an applicator? I love Jurlique's rose range, smells beautiful Very Happy . Their rose shower gel has a really nice strong smell and its so refreshing! nobody in my family can get their grubby 'lil hands on it! Bad Grin
celine
5% products discount

Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
em: I've check out the bee's beauty(under 'share your beauty secret)..I wonder whether u have tried their honey and seaweed scrub?? they are not that expensive..and got quite good range of clay mask...Pls advise on the product u have use from their range
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
thoughtcrime (fan of the book 1984?? haha)

where can i purchase Boscia's oil blotting linens?? They sound like the most appealing to me plus I know that they go well with Jurlique's silk dust (which do u prefer..lavender or rose?)

Yeh feeling like an oil slick sucks but at least u know you're getting rid of all that crap

Laughing I recommend you purchase directly from boscia because they have free shipping and you can request samples.www.boscia.net
Sephora has free shipping if you spend over $75.

I honestly like both of the silk dusts, but if I HAD to pick, I typically like rose scents more, so I'll pick the rose one. I heard lavender is better for oily or acne prone skin, and rose for sensitive or drier skin types.
Mabsy

Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Em - I love the Jurlique Rose Shower Gel. It smells so real! Re: the Silk Dust application. I use a soft fluffy powder brush or a kabuki brush with it. It doesn't come with any brushes or applicators at all.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
EDS does sell Blot Papers, in Peter Thomas Roth's line. $18 for 50. They're awesome, I love them.

MAC also makes awesome ones.

If you email Boscia's CS, they will send samples. They're extremely generous.
I didn't like their blot papers though.
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say that I love the Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets - when you use them, they don't take any of your make-up off, they just get rid of the shine! A must have if you like to go out but don't like to carry powder around with you Very Happy I use to always have to carry around a powder & a brush in my purse unti I started using them. And, I just bought some a couple days ago, so I know they still make them.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I notice that when I use my home microdermabrasion unit at night, the next day I seem to have NO extra oil on my forehead at all. It does get slightly oily by the next day, but just thought it was worth mentioning. Wonder if you could use something like that every other day and control the oil? I know the home microderm works for me, but perhaps other types of exfoliant would help too. Might be worth a try.

JUDY

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |