Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sharing a simple, yet effective body beauty trick.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have perfected the most easiest way to get the most beautiful skin throughout your whole body. You can do this even if you have sensitive to even DRY skin. I highly recommend while you do this to make sure you get in some good daily exercise...if you suffer from cellulite, stretch marks, etc..to make sure you do lots of lunges, squats...stuff like that. But it's not something you HAVE to do.

Alright, first off you need to buy exfoliating gloves. They say to use them in the shower, but instead you are going to dry brush your whole body morning and night. While you do your legs you are going to stroke upwards, and concentrate on areas that have cellulite and dry areas throughout your body. I usually do this for a couple of minutes. Then i smother my body with cetaphil moisturizing cream. It's in a large tube which costs about 20 bucks i think. I have tried A LOT of moisturizing creams, and this tops them all!

You will feel like a complete goddess!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting idea...and one that everyone can do!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Good idea.

I do dry brushing myself but you could massage the areas with cellulite with the gloves on. I'll try it Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'll try it with my Karin Herzog cellulite duo. Yay. Thanks. Where do you get these gloves??? Tell me the Dollar Store....
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I'll try it with my Karin Herzog cellulite duo. Yay. Thanks. Where do you get these gloves??? Tell me the Dollar Store....

Unfortunately it's not the creams that can reduce the appearance of cellulite. It's the massaging of the gloves, and exercise that helps. You might be able to get them at the dollar store..but generally you'd buy them at walmart, london drugs, shoppers..somewhere like a drugstore. Most supermarkets may have it near the pharmacy area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 12:44 am      Reply with quote
that's a good idea. the dry brushing get the cellulite cream to penetrate more plus feels divine.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Let me understand this process. You get he gloves and massage your skin dry. And after you do this... you put on the cream. correct?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Let me understand this process. You get he gloves and massage your skin dry. And after you do this... you put on the cream. correct?

Yes...then take off the gloves before you put on the cream since you are done with the abrasion at that point.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great idea! I am definitely going to try it tonight.

I try to use the gloves in the shower but never get around to using it too often.

Thanks cortigirl!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I dry brush my body every - or every other - day with a body brush with natural bristles. I agree with Cortigirl that it's a great routine that eliminates dryness and flakiness and promotes super soft skin.

The good results from dry brushing my body led me to facial dry brushing, which has become another favorite beauty routine.

I prefer to use a natural bristled brush from the health food store, as I get a deep and thorough brushing and a "polished" result. Dull skin turns glowy and actually shiny. Highly recommended!

5% products discount

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
THis is wonderful, thanks so much for posting! Cetaphil is one of the few cremes I can use without irriation. I didn't think of using the gloves as a dry-brush . . and I'm starting to get some areas that need this type of work.

Thanks so much! Wink
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting!! thnx so much for your suggestion.I will try it...how long it takes to see the difference..and did you notice huge difference...just curious..m anyway going to give it a try

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Great tip, cortigirl! Thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to try it!
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi cortigirl, Can you please suggest us the good ex foliating gloves and from where can i get them?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:54 am      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
Hi cortigirl, Can you please suggest us the good ex foliating gloves and from where can i get them?

You get them in pharmacies at walmart, london drugs...places like this. They are just gloves that can be used in the shower to exfoliate. I just use it dry as it doesn't work as good in the shower. There aren't a specific brand or anything.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:56 am      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
Interesting!! thnx so much for your suggestion.I will try it...how long it takes to see the difference..and did you notice huge difference...just curious..m anyway going to give it a try

I noticed it within a day that my body felt 10 million times silkier. Helps with my cellulite, and rough areas like my knees. I have never had such smooth knees in my entire life! IT does several amazing things to your body. Just look up benefits of dry brushing and you will notice all the things you will find about it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
cortigirl Thnx so much for your reply. Today only I will go and buy the gloves and start the routine...today only. And will tell all of u my results...thnx so much!! I am excited Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi cortigirl, as per your advice I am doing dry brushing for 2 days and liking it. While I was doing it I was kind of laughing at me..whenever I start visiting this eds forum i start doing some new beauty ritual atleast for few days...like last time i started ocm...then something else...Laughing Though m not getting any dramatic results but yeah skin is feeling little better but somehow I am not getting that complete goddess feeling yet Smile may be it will need some more time as its just 2 days. I read benefit of this process and one of it states it provide detoxification that initially you may notice the gelatinous mucoid material in your stools. I can see this process happening..sorry dont mean to gross u all with this..but all I want to say is that I am feeling that it has started doing its work internally which is making me happy that I am on right track.Thnx Everybody on this forum for your great suggestions and advices...I am really looking forward to wear short skirts and dresses soon that I have in my closet but nvr dare to wear as have rough skin and little raised bumps kind of skin allover legs... Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:41 am      Reply with quote
A body brush with natural bristles is better suited for body brushing than a glove to get a deep, thorough and stimulating brushing.

Dry brushing is an excellent way to improving blood circulation and exfoliating skin, as well as stimulating the lymph system. It will take at least two weeks to notice full improvement from dry brushing.

Here's a thread about this topic from the Skin Care and Makeup Forum with tips on how to brush to get the most benefits.

The most important is to brush in circular movements and always brush towards the heart. Start on your feet, hands etc and work your way up.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29547

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
A body brush with natural bristles is better suited for body brushing than a glove to get a deep, thorough and stimulating brushing.

Dry brushing is an excellent way to improving blood circulation and exfoliating skin, as well as stimulating the lymph system. It will take at least two weeks to notice full improvement from dry brushing.

Here's a thread about this topic from the Skin Care and Makeup Forum with tips on how to brush to get the most benefits.

The most important is to brush in circular movements and always brush towards the heart. Start on your feet, hands etc and work your way up.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29547

A couple of the spas i go to say that using gloves give you the same results as a brush you are talking about. I have tried both and prefer the gloves a lot more...so i guess too each their own Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I have one question for dry brushing..Now i am doing it regularly and liking the effect.
It does make skin smooth.
I have small small raised bumps over my legs known as KP. Yesterday I was going through article that says if u have kp just stay away from brushing or any abrasive method cause that can aggravate the situation as kp is result from skin self defense mechanism against rough-condition.
SO i m wondering i shud continue it or not...
Please advice!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
I have one question for dry brushing..Now i am doing it regularly and liking the effect.
I have small small raised bumps over my legs known as KP. Yesterday I was going through article that says if u have kp just stay away from brushing or any abrasive method cause that can aggravate the situation as kp is result from skin self defense mechanism against rough-condition.
Please advice!!!

I would go to the doctor right away, and if they can't help then at least he will send you to a dermatologist. They might even give you stuff to fix it.

Have you been using the cetaphyl moisterizing cream i recommended after you dry brush?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
Please advice!!!

I looked on the internet and came across this stuff: http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?AID=5960&productid=1321

You could try this and keep the dry brushing to places you don't have kp until it clears up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
Please advice!!!

I would say the advice in the article is misleading. Dry brushing is likely to improve these raised bumps as it exfoliates, promotes blood circulation and can help remove toxins from the body. A stiff/medium stiff body brush with natural bristles will give the best result.

Here is a post from the forum KeratosisPilaris.org about kp and dry brushing. You can do a search in the kp-forum and find other posts about kp and dry brushing, as well.

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/general-discussion/595-dry-skin-brushing.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:
ritas wrote:
Please advice!!!

I would go to the doctor right away, and if they can't help then at least he will send you to a dermatologist. They might even give you stuff to fix it.

Have you been using the cetaphyl moisterizing cream i recommended after you dry brush?

Hi cortigirl just want to clear..i didnt develop kp after dry brushing i am having it long b4 drybrushing...and drybrushing is helping me making my skin smooth..i just read that article that i mentioned in my previous post and was just worried if it is ok to drybrush on kp area or not...Septembergirl has cleared my doubt and i think i can do it without worry.
Thanks so much to both of u for your replies and suggestions.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |