Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My hairstylist stood me up!! Did I go OTT?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I had an appointment at 2.00 p.m. in a very upscale salon with "Fabio". My regular stylist moved to another branch, so I opted to use this guy. Anyhooooo, I arrive 10 minutes early and sat there 'till 2.15 p.m. Meanwhile "Fabio" had finished with his previous client and strutted around the salon, passing me by at least 6 times.
Finally I went up to reception and asked where he had gone to and that I couldn't wait much longer. The receptionist went off to look for him and arrived back to announce that "he wasn't feeling well and went home"!!!! Long story..but in the end I was given another stylist and 3 free products from the salon's product line Rolling Eyes
When I got home I emailed the company lodging a complaint about "Fabio's" total disregard for his client, and that his behavior should be monitored.
Meanwhile my SO tells me I shouldn't have sent the email coz I'll get the guy in trouble....pffff! Like I care Bad Grin
I'd love to hear from y'all as to what you'd have done in this situation?

BTW if any of you watch "Superstar Hair Challenge" - you'll know who I'm talking about Wink
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't care who the guy is. The primadonna needs to be read the riot act. Disrespect for the clients is enough to get anyone fired. As well it should be I say.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with sister sweets. If the salon is good and you can find someone else you really like there, I'd stay with the new person there. Fabio is clearly a real primadonna and the heck with him. Whenever I've lost a stylist (2 to NYC), I've always asked them for recommendations. If you can, call your old stylist and ask. If he says Fabio, forget that and ask for a 2nd name. Or you can ask the receptionist who works especially well with your kind of hair. If they recommend someone pretty new, they're just trying to build the newbie's clientele. Isn't just the pits having to switch from someone you love? And I think you're email was fine. They do need to know what's going on. I now travel 45 minutes to my stylists house where he and his wife work on Saturdays and Mondays. His wife is a great colorist and he is a great stylist. He moved to a very expensive salon really far from me so he recommended going to his house which is just a little farther.They have the whole setup and he charges about half price Good luck. Now with the price of gas so high, maybe I should rethink it but there is a great outlet mall very close to his house...oh well, for the moment I'm happy going there. Very Happy
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the responses, there's no reason to reward or even ignore strikingly bad service.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
i totally agree with you sending an email to complain......i had kind of a similar experience but not to that scale as yours because at least the stylist dint run off.

I finally decided to go to a upscale hair salon which i have never done before and i wanted to get my hair cut and styled for this event coming up...........because i totally hate going to get a haircut as i am always dissapointed with it afterwards i thought an upscale salon would be the thing considering the prices they charge.....so i finally got the guts and made a booking.
The receptionist called me back the same day and asked me i can book abit earliar (15 mins earliar) then i what i had and the stylist will have more time for me so i thought ok great and did that.

Anyway to say i arrived at the salon about 10-15 minutes earliar and booking was 2.00pm they told me to go up and sit and the stylist should be with me soon.

Well lets just say i sat there for about 30 mins and since i arrived 2 clients who came after me went way before me. All this stylists just walking back and forth yet no one had the decency to tell me what was happening (and i thought to myself this is the service from an upscale salon) Mad

anyway 25 mins later one stylist tells me my one should be with me soon. I waited about 35 mins i would say before my stylist came and apologized to me "her excuse was the coloring on her client took longer than expected" Wel ok so she apologized so i let it go but i couldnt get the niggling feeling out of my mind that why get me to book earliar then what was!!. Secondly she mentioned about coloring yet she was in the back room the whole time so i dont no she cudnt have been coloring the whole time.

The cut i got from the back was fine. ALthough i noticed she cut more than what i had actually told her and even showed her. The front i wanted layers and i showed her a picture although she told me it wouldnt look as the picture exactly i was fine with that but i dint like the way she did the layers it was a bit rushed rough job because she dint even check if both the sides were even from the front. The drying my hair later...............yikes i was totally disgusted with the brush she used. It had a number of different color hair sticking out of it, i mean shouldnt the brush be cleaned before its used on the next client? Isnt it unhygenic to use the same used brush? She spent about 50-60 mins of her time on me

All in all the price i paid for going to an upscale salon was totally not worth it. I have received a much better service and even if shorter time is spent and im not happy with the hair cut at least i have not spent so much money . Should i go back to the salon next time? Maybe it was just the stylist. i picked the cheaper one but i am thinking would i get the same service if i picked the highest price stylist. I am totally confused. I have never been to a expensive salon before and this was my first time and i dont think it was good service at all.......
so maybe you all can shed some light on your experiences and whether you get better service and style from a top expensive salon or average priced salon? Also have any recommendations from New Zealand?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you for sending a complaint. His behavior was totally unprofessional...who cares if you get him in trouble. He could have explained to you instead of just blowing you off.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
You girls are great!! I'm so happy that you think along the same lines as I do Very Happy . I'm still stunned at the way he behaved when I think about it. If he'd come up to me and explained that he had to leave and he was arranging for someone else to take care of me, fine, I could accept that. He knew damned well I was his next appointment and during his several struts by where I was sitting, he looked right through me and kept on going.
IF I ever go back, I'll definitely stick with the stylist who did my hair as I was pleased with the results, but quite honestly I think I'll suck it up and just go downtown, pay the exorbitant parking and go back to Vidal Sassoon!

Nanapost you're so right - my previous guy knew me, knew my hair and we had a great rapport. Starting over with someone new is such a pain!

Simran I think you were treated very badly too. While her client was being attended to by the colourist, she could have been doing your hair rather than keep you waiting - especially since THEY had advanced your appointment. I can't believe they used dirty brushes on your hair either - that's pretty disgusting!!! Did you ask for the Manager and make a complaint? Sorry you had such a bad experience, but next time you want to treat yourself, I'd try another salon.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Good for you for sending a complaint. His behavior was totally unprofessional...who cares if you get him in trouble. He could have explained to you instead of just blowing you off.

I think he should have said something to you directly rather than leave and let the receptionist handle it. (Not fair to her.)

Do you like your hair with the other stylist?
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm yes anya you are somewhat right, using a used brushed on a client is disgusting especially at a top end salon as well as that amount of waiting time.

So i have sent them an email through the website telling them about the experience and that i will not be returning back. However i left out which one of the salons it was as well as the stylist name lets just say i dont want the stylist in trouble but if they request it and if are serious about feedback and service quality improvements then i will let them know

by the way Anya which country you are from. My experience is from the salon "Servilles" in New Zealand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Do you like your hair with the other stylist?

She did a nice cut and I'm very happy with the results Autumn. I have fine hair and I brought her this pic..

The end result is very close Very Happy .
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Nice picture!!! Love the style!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with all the posters that you did the right thing by complaining about that hairstylists. At the very least, the salon could of explained what really happened (they didn't have you down for an appt that day, etc.) I have never heard of Superstar Hair Challenge. What channel is it on? I'm in the States.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Jf, not sure you can get Superstar Hair Challenge in the US. In Canada its on Bravo/Slice network. Its one of those elimination reality shows, featuring this particular hair salon's owner ("hairstylist to the stars" Rolling Eyes ). The winner wins a job at the salon. Guess who won Sad.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
OMG how rude was that and all they did was give you free products. Products cost the salons next to nothing they should have gave you a free cut too.

A couple of months ago I broke up with my hairdresser (screw the hair stylist crap-o-la)She owns a salon and never ever answers the phone or return calls for appointments. When I first started seeing her in the fall I told her exactly what I wanted to a tee, and no razor is to be used on my hair as I have really fine hair. What does she do the last time I got my hair cut from her she uses the back of the scissors. Boy was I pissed and I told her so.
I now go to a new hairdresser and he rocks.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |