Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

V-Beam Laser Surgery & LED Lights
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ceebens

Sat May 24, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I just had Laser surgery on my face for redness and broken capillaries, and today I look like a purple spotted dalmatian! Not at all pretty and it looks like I will be in hibernation for awhile. My question is.. I have a DPL system (which I love) and was wondering if I could use it to speed the healing process. Makes sense, right? Any thoughts would be so appreciated today!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I would give it a shot...it certainly won't hurt, and LEDs are goood for reducing inflammation.

Sat May 24, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Whatever you do, I would say to consult with your doctor first just to make sure. Better safe than sorry!
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I agree with havana, that it's a good idea to ask the Doc, and I also agree with bethany that the LED wouldn't hurt, and is great for reducing inflammation.

I got a bad burn on my hand a couple of weeks ago while taking something out of the oven, and after the blisters healed, I've been using my light on it a few times per week. At this point, I can hardly see where the burn was. The skin is almost back to normal, and for the first time, I don't expect it to leave a scar.
ceebens

Sun May 25, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Ladies for your kind advice! I have been close to tears over how terrible my face looks after the V-Beam. I know that it is still so soon since the procedure, but this looks like possible scaring to me. I'm really freaked out! I want so much to use my DPL, but am also don't want to take any chances on making it worse. Since the manufacturer doesn't say anything about it helping in a situation like this, I will just have to wait until my Dr's office is open on Tuesday. Again... I really appreciate your replies!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Ceebens - I had a similar experience with the V Beam laser a while back, although mine was on the body, not face, so the redness/ugliness was not so much of an issue, at least I could hide it. I was quite annoyed with the derm though, who had told me there would be no downtime, but the area was red and blotchy for a couple of weeks.

I’m sure your skin will be fine, it just might take a bit longer for the redness to disappear than you had expected, at least that’s what happened in my case. (got a good result in the end)

This is the thread where I posted -

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24845&highlight=vbeam

I’m wondering if this is a common problem with V Beam and I’m also wondering why docs tell patients there will be “no downtime” when its clearly not the case, well not for me anyway and I certainly don’t have sensitive skin.

Good luck and I’m sure you’ll look great in 2 to 3 weeks.
ceebens

Mon May 26, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you appletini... it is nice to be able to talk with someone who understands what I am going through.
At my consultation appt, the Dr told me that there would be bruising. My sister who had also had this procedure done at one time said that there shouldn't be any bruising. I should have been a bit cautious before proceeding. At least asked more questions.
I suspect as you said, that they were overzealous and should have used a lower setting. I guess at this point I am more fearful of permanent scaring, than of the procedure just not working. I mean... it's my face!! How can this even be concealed at this point... I don't think that there is anything on the market that could!
I am however still hopeful for a good outcome. What you said about 2-3 weeks is what I needed to hear. Just have to suck it up and quit whining I guess!
Ya cheered me up and made me feel better... just talking about it helps a lot!
What a wonderful place... to be able to come to for support.
Thank you all.
Greenhillgirl32
5% products discount

Mon May 26, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! I know exactly what you're going through. I had Vasculyse treatment in January. I'm still working on the hyper pigmentation that was left behind. Mind you, the red capillaries are gone, but I was left a tad scarred and red. They also said no downtime...who were they kidding? I looked hideous, bruised and swollen for several days! Went back to the spa a month later and the lady said she never had any clients who reacted the way I did. Great...
Her explanation was that my scabs healed faster than the skin underneath and it was left quite red which eventually turned brownish. Over time it has faded and I'm at a point now where I'm comfortable without covering it up with make up. It has taken a long, long time and I regret it. I have very fair, sensitive skin and maybe that is why. Not to say your results won't be the same but I'll give you some tips that helped me.
Aloe Vera Gel...get some. The pure stuff without all the added crap. Even getting a plant would suffice.
Seabuckthorn/Emu/Camellia oil have all really helped me. And, I also bought a Tanda. They did do a LED treatment on me but I preferred having my own and doing it on my own time and I do think it has helped along with everything else. And I really didn't feel like giving that salon more money. Sorry to sound bitter, but this was not a good experience for me.
So yes...i would say a LED would help, but wait it out first. I stayed away from using anything strong on my face, and still do. I use a physical sunscreen and use chemical free skincare along with seabuckthorn soap and oil every day. Took a while to figure out what worked but I'm on the right path now and it's such a relief.
I know what you're going through. It's scary, you think OMG....my face, what did I do. You will be fine but your face may need a little TLC for a while. But, right now, just take it easy. I was given Vit. E ampules. Maybe they were too good b/c within 3-4 days my scabs fell off which the esthetician said shouldn't have happened that quick. I feel that she didn't properly prepare me and everything I read on websites said it was safe, no downtime and was 100% effective in treating the capillaries, all of which was the opposite. Another thing, do not pick. Because my scabs were hanging off my skin, I had to lightly flake them off. That may have also added to my problem. Who knows.
My face got really red during the treatment so she had to stop and many capillaries were missed. I'm not going back for more treatments, but with all the LED, aloe vera, and chemical free products I am using, it's lessening. It has improved over time and I have the photos to prove it. But when I look at the photos I took after a few days, I am horrified. They definitely don't tell you that!
Another thing...every now and then I would use polysporin.
Good luck!!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Ceebens - I just checked how long it was since I had the V Beam treatment and it’s almost a year ago now! Seems like only a few months.. Anyway, I just examined the V Beam treated area (with my magnifying mirror) and it’s completely vein free. Just mentioning this as a positive note, as I remember how horrified I was at the red marks a couple of days after the treatment.

Keep us posted how it turns out?
ceebens

Tue May 27, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Greenhillgirl32,
Gosh you really did have a bad experience. I am glad that you are finally getting through this... what a nightmare.
Fortunately I don't think that I am going to scab, and the red/purple spots are starting to fad a bit. I am going on day 5 now. One of my biggest fears was having to go out in public like this. Well, guess what... I had to take a sick friend to the DR today!! OMG!! I can't believe that I actually did this. Well it was quite humbling. All the while I kept thinking... is this because that I must pay for my sinful vanity?!!
Well I completely forgot about aloe, and I think that would be great for healing... I am so glad that you reminded me of it. I'm all for natural products. I did do my first LED treatment with the DPL. I am so glad that I have this system as I feel that it is going to speed the recovery immensely. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
ceebens

Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update my recovery on the V-Beam procedure. The redness and bruising are all but gone now!! I attribute that to my DPL Led lights, Vit K creme, arnica, and lots of Cerave moisturizer. There is some light hyper-pigmentation left but am sure that this will fade soon. I am all and all very happy with the results.... all the areas that the Dr hit with the laser are completely gone! It is so nice to have these annoying and ugly capillaries gone. There are a few scattered ones left, but will have another go to get rid of them.
A word of advise from a life-long sunbather.... a nice tan is great, but long forgotten. The sun really trashed my once beautiful complexion. There is such a huge price to pay latter on in life. Sunscreen was once a dirty word to me... now it has become a part of my daily regime! Thank you to all who responded in my desperate time!!!!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Great to hear you’re looking good, ceebens!

So are you going back for more V Beam?

I had laser on face capillaries a long time ago, maybe 5 to 10 years ago(?) I can’t remember what kind of laser was used, but the only after effects was my face looked slightly red that night for a couple of hours, and next day was fine and all capillaries had disappeared, like magic.. Sounds too good to be true, I know, but that was my experience at the time. The doc who lasered me back then was a doc in Brisbane, Australia, Dr Mary Dingley. I think she’s quite good, well she impressed me, but I don’t live in Australia so I can't get to see her easily. And for all I know, she’s probably using V Beam for caps now LOL

OK.. I just went through some old files and pulled out some records dated 2001 when I apparently last saw Mary Dingley, and I found a note I had written “pulsed dye laser for red spots”. Whether or not that’s the laser I had before, not sure, but might be worth looking into? I haven’t done any research into lasers in years and have no idea what a “pulsed dye laser” is ?
ceebens

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oh thank you appletini.... you are a sweetheart! I will be going back for another. As you remember I was so freaked out about this... but the results were worth the agony that I felt at the time. It did take several days for the purple-red marks to disappear but the caps that he hit with the laser are gone.

You were very fortunate to have only the slight redness for the few hours. That does seem miraculous compared to my experience. Thanks to you... I will do some research on the pulsed dye laser before I go back for the V-Beam. I am also wondering if this Dr was amateur with the procedure. I certainly would rather avoid the initial uglies that I experienced and try a different laser. You have been most supportive and I appreciate that so....
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:11 am      Reply with quote
i have vbeam for several time for the broken cap and the bruise usually disappeared after few days...but this time, after a week, my nose still be very red (just like i hv the 1st vbeam before except the visiable capillaries)i really scared that the redness won't fade out...help
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |