Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Eye and Face creams - angi aging and firming
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies

Im back lol with all my usual problems Confused

Ah im really really desperate again. Im trying to find a good eyecream to help with the crepiness under my eyes and to fimr that area up. im not so bothered with my crows feet right now. Ive figured we all have them when we laugh so mine are just laughter lines at the moment Very Happy I may change my mind later though Laughing
Im also lookng for a day and night moisturiser that will help with firming and anti aging

Im using psf vit c, psf hydraulic acid, decleor eye cream and just a garnier moisturiser

Please could anyone help me choose some good creams for the above

thank you all xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
oooh and almost forgot. My pores are really quite large on my face - nose cheeks and chin area and quite blemished too. Is there something i can use to help make these less? Ive got the baby Quaser which i really need to work more with. can this help with all my issues. Do yu use the Baby Quasar under the eye area too an it will help with firming there xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem with thin skin and fine lines in my under eye area.

During the last weeks I have been dry brushing this area in circular movements with a baby tooth brush. I have also been using 302 Skincare eye firming serum (see link below). It's supposed to rebuild thin crepe-paper skin under eyes.

Miracles are yet to be seen, but I believe this routine has resulted in some firming and thickening of the skin. There is a long thread going on on the Products review-section about 302 Skincare.

http://www.302skincare.com/products_eyefirm.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 5:35 am      Reply with quote
The only product I've ever used that has gotten rid of my under eye crepiness is Isomers Time Freeze. I put it around my eyes and on my 11's and forehead lines right after cleansing morning and night. It's a serum so after it drys in a few minutes I apply the rest of my skincare. I know the results I'm getting are from the Time Freeze because I recently stopped using it and after about a month my under eye area was crepey again. It has minimized my lines but amazingly it's firmed up my under eye area. My under eye area looks like it did when I was in my late 20's and early 30's. I had alot of sun damage from using tanning beds for years. I stopped tanning over 5 years ago but the damage is done. Nothing has ever worked this good this fast. The two main ingredients in the Time Freeze are Acetyl hexapeptide-3 (Argireline), and GABA. This product is nothing like the freeze products. It's a creamy, milky, serum that's very moisturizing and meant for targeted areas of your face. To get the best results you need to apply it as your first product. Shop NBC has deals on the Time Freeze at least once a month when Isomers airs. It's the only Isomers product I've ever stuck with. I've been using it for almost 2 years now. If you buy it from ShopNBC.com you have 30 days to return it if you don't see results. It took about 2 weeks of applying it morning and night for me to get the impressive results I've experienced. Since you don't use this all over your face a bottle lasts a long time. Not many products impress me but this one I can't help raving about. I was going to have laser resurfacing 2 years ago especially because of my crepey under eye area. Not anymore. This product isn't a permanent fix but once you achieve the benefits you only need to use it once a day to keep your eye area looking more firm and smooth. My makeup looks so much better under my eyes. I am truly amazed!! I don't use eye creams anymore. My regular moisturizer does a fabulous job combined with the Time Freeze. The people that haven't seen results with the Time Freeze are probably not using this serum as thier first step after cleasing. If you use it over other products it won't work. Also you need to use it religiously for the first few weeks twice a day to get the amazing results I've gotten, then you can cut your usage down once your eye area is looking good. I know many women who try a product and claim it did nothing but they only used it every few days or like I said, they use an extremely active product over other products and the actives can't absorb. The serum cannot properly reach the area it needs to reach if you've put other products on first. With the Time Freeze as long as you apply it first you can use whatever you like over it and it won't affect the results. Good luck, whatever you choose to do.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
my mum uses the product of loreal, she said this brand is cheap and effective, may be you can try it
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I bet PSF has good stuff for the face, I really like the PSF products I've tried so far.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
oooh and almost forgot. My pores are really quite large on my face - nose cheeks and chin area and quite blemished too. Is there something i can use to help make these less? Ive got the baby Quaser which i really need to work more with. can this help with all my issues. Do yu use the Baby Quasar under the eye area too an it will help with firming there xx

Hi, salster,

I think the Quasar will help with skin texture. Not sure about firming up.

For the large pores, I recommend you focus on your skin cleansing protocol. Pick a gentle cleanser or none at all. Look into the Clarisonic skin brushwww.clarisonic.com It's an expensive initial investment that's worth it. Many posters here consider it one of the best things they have added to their skin care.

If you can't afford the Clarisonic, the Pretika seems to be a Clarisonic knockoff:

Pretika Sonic-DermaBrasion Facial System
HSN Item: 278-319 $45
Cleanse, Exfoliate, Refine and Polish
http://beauty.hsn.com/pretika-sonic-dermabrasion-facial-system_p-3702251_xp.aspx?web_id=3702251&ocm=sekw
This handheld facial care system uses sonic technology to gently exfoliate and deep clean your skin for a radiant, younger-looking complexion in just 4 minutes! The water-resistant SonicDermabrasion™ Facial Brush has a 30-second timer ensuring even exfoliation with the Microdermabrasion scrub, while the Hydrating Firming Complex combats fine lines, wrinkles and discolorations. With two Micro-Fiber Bristle Brush applicators for a fast, easy way to get beautiful, smooth, rejuvenated skin. Rechargeable.
HSN video on it:
http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/pretika-sonic-dermabrasion-facial-system/7895237/

If you can't afford that, at least invest in a microfiber/microdermabrasion cloth or sponge. You can get the PSF one here at EDS or do a search here on EDS and you'll find info on many sources. I like the "microdermabrasion" sponges sold on Ebay by Stan or his wife YummySweetz:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZthankyoustan
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZyummysweetz

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Lunarmm - do you use a microfiber cloth in addition to facial dry brushing? If yes, how often?

I have been using microfiber cloths on and off, but stopped when I started facial dry brushing. I have been using the cloth without cleanser (according to the directions on the package), but I have seen that some people use it to wipe away cleanser. Any views on that? TIA. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Septembergirl,

I have been dry brushing my body but not my face - although I have been following the dry brushing for face thread. I do have a little brush made for the face but don't use it regularly. Recently I got tutored by a dry brushing "expert" - in regards to lymph - on the face, she said I could just tap certain areas (sinus cavities) to assist the lymph movement on the face.

I have the Clarisonic and try to use it once a day (wet with cleanser). Sometimes I don't.

Even with the Clarisonic, I use the microfiber sponge from Ebay's Stan to work on my nose after cleansing with the Clarisonic. My nose flakes and the sponge gets into the nooks and crannies better than the brush. And, yes, I use the sponge wet after the Clarisonic to wipe any remaining cleanser off my face.

I take the cloth/sponge with me when I travel.

I also use the wet sponge to wipe and rinse masks off my face.

I could even see using the microfiber sponge as a wet compress for the eye area (warm or cold). I love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, lunarmm. I just got a cleansing balm that's supposed to be wiped away with a microfiber cloth, so I will use it that way in addition to dry brushing. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wow thank you to everyone who has replied. Its just so hard to know which to try and what to do. I know i definately a firming face cream for around the lower part of my face more and eye cream

i thought the Baby Q was also for firming?? am i wrong with this

oh ive not long got the facial flex gadget that

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |