Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)
Using umbrella against sun made my acquaintance angry....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
What! That's just craziness. I'm so sorry she made you feel like that. It wasn't just rude of your friend but extremely immature. Fancy putting you in that position - of wanting you to burn yourself - because she felt uncomfortable about an umbrella.

I understand why you cried. I just want to give you a hug.

I know this isn't the same, but I know a lot of wheelchair-users (I'm one myself) and it's not unusual that a healthy or able-bodied friend will actually refuse to be seen out in public with them or me. It's incredibly frustrating and annoying.

The ironic thing about what happened to you though is that umbrellas are really fashionable nowadays too!

(Personally I'm holding out for the day where wheelchairs will be the MUST HAVE accessory and I will be the belle of the ball. Someone will ask me, "So, why are you in a wheelchair?" and I will reply, for a change, "Oh, no reason. It just really pulls my outfit together, you know?" Laughing )
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
Thank you everyone for your replies! People on this forum are great supporters!

Here is my update to the situation...for last two days my friend didn't come to work...and nobody seems to know what is going on.
This is my summer job and I am working at this place for last three weeks after exams. Today we had a little meeting and my supervisor asked me if I know where she is. Supervisor warned me to be careful with her. She explained that my friend is very nice, but sometimes she is out of the line with co-workers.
I don't know her very well to call her my friend she is more acquaintance. She never said where she live or even if she had a boy friend. All I have is her cell number.
I don't think I will continue our starting friendship with her after she yelled at me in the public place, but I worry about her. She doesn't answering her phone and didn't come to work. May be she needs help. May be she has some personal problems... I will try to find out what is going on. At work she gave to a supervisor a phone number that is disconnected. I remember when I asked her about her family she didn't answered she just changed conversation.
All this is really strange and remind me about documentary I saw on TV about abused women and secretive behaviour.
I know that may be I should stop even think about her and forget it like a bad dream, but I have to know what is it going on with her.

You're a really caring person, you know that? I hope she isn't being abused... if she is, it would be really hard to find out about it. Keep us posted.
Amainde

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I am an red-headed, very freckled Irish- American living in the torrid climate of West Texas. That means very close to Mexico, which means entirely too close to the equator for my health.

It is absolutely essential for people with complexions like mine to protect our skin. I had my first skin lesions removed at the young age of 19, two more by the age of 23 (both on my face) and one other on my hip.

I wear sunscreen and carry my umbrella. If feel like I'm burning, I whip that umbrella out and I don't care if all the stupid people think I'm nuts. I don't want any more of my face sliced off, thank you.

Anyone who would want you to do something that's bad for you is NOT your friend and anyone who would make fun of someone who has a limtation needs to learn some manners and/or get a life.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I'm so sorry your friend was mean to you. It was really uncalled for to treat you that way. Honestly, I think she has some other issues (could she be upset with you about some thing else?) to cause her to act this way, it just seems silly to me to act that extreme over an umbrella.

I do not think you are weird. They sell sun umbellas for this purpose. I would surely use one if I happen to have one and was ouside like you were.

I have a full face sun-visor (looks like a welding mask). I wear it often when I walk my dog or do yard work. I probably look weird to some but I dont care.

I agree also, that was really mean and uncalled for.
Some people make a fuss over stupid things.

I remember I worked with this girl in an office and she told me she thought it was embarassing to go to the store/deli next door by yourself to buy a sandwich.
Really!

I don't remember what my response to that was,but I'm pretty sure I tried to ignore that girl afterwards.

I would not want to be friends with someone who is that snippy over small things.
Kind of sounds like the kind of person that finds anything different "embarassing".

Also, I do know they sell beach or sun umbrellas and at festivals I see people under canopys all the time.

I don't see too many people using umbrellas around here, but there is more people covered up with tribal clothing.
Like completely covered from head to toe in cloths (the place I live in 3/4 of the population is African or Muslim or Arab).

So, I do not think an umbrella is too odd.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
How ludicrous! Women have been doing this throughout history! Especially in the Victorian age.

To bring it up to modern times, I'm sure I've seen an episode of Sex and the City with Carrie using a parasol- and it wasn't raining.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Umbrellas to protect from sun are used at the beach all the time. What's the diff? really.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
No you are smart to use an umbrella,you are protecting your face. I will many times wear a large lifeguards straw hat if I go to the nursery.I think its weird for people to soak in the sun with no sunglasses or hat now thats weird and dangerous.
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 21, 2024 1:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |