Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
H20 and tinkling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Sorry about the indelicacy here, but you have all guilted me into upping my water intake. I am really going to try to drink 8 glasses a day....however....even when I drink 3-4 glasses a day, I'm constantly piddlin'! I will have to have a pottie surgically attached if I do 64 ounces a day!!!

Does your body adjust eventually to that much water, or will I be always running for the toilet? Maybe I just have a small bladder, but I was just wondering if your body just becomes used to all that glorious water and you don't "go" as much.

I'm off to peeeeeeee! lol

Maria Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Sorry about the indelicacy here, but you have all guilted me into upping my water intake. I am really going to try to drink 8 glasses a day....however....even when I drink 3-4 glasses a day, I'm constantly piddlin'! I will have to have a pottie surgically attached if I do 64 ounces a day!!!

Does your body adjust eventually to that much water, or will I be always running for the toilet? Maybe I just have a small bladder, but I was just wondering if your body just becomes used to all that glorious water and you don't "go" as much.

I'm off to peeeeeeee! lol

Maria Shock

Maria,

Good News....your body will adjust! When I first starting drinking a lot of water I was the same way. I even had to get up 2-3 times during the night. Sometimes I had to laugh at the duration of certain trips to the bathroom ("Is this stream ever going to stop?"). I really think in a peeing contest I could've "out pee'd" the best of them. It does get better though, just be consistent in the amount you drink daily. I usually drink 100 oz or more each day.

-Cheri
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Maria

Gotta echo Cherri's comments and encourage you. Your body will adjust. Think of it this way. Your body is currently like a piece of dry, parched land. When it rains on that type of soil, a lot of it "runs off" before it can be absorbed and the nutrients used. As your body becomes more hydrated, it will become more like healthy soil and will be able to allow the water to hydrate your body tissues and you'll be able to absorb the minerals in the water more efficiently.

Again, just my personal opinion from studies, but I want to point out that I would NOT drink a substantial amount of water with chlorine in it. Just as your body absorbs nutrients, it can absorb the chemical chlorine as well.

Chlorine was never meant for drinking. Think of drinking chlorine bleach. Shock

Chlorine is a chemical treatment that is supposed to kill germs in the pipes as it travels from a water treatment plant to your home. It make the water arrive at your home without bacterial pollution, but I would either let a gallon sit out for about an hour so the chlorine evaporates or I would drink bottled water. In my case, I have a well here at the lake, so no chlorine. Very Happy

Also, I don't think a study has ever been done on it, but maybe all that peeing is your body's way of ridding itself of the chlorine (if you're drinking chlorinated water). Surprised

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
You ladies are my heroes!!!

I actually don't have chlorine in my water - I'm on a well too! However, I do by bottled water -Poland Springs - I just love how it tastes, but if I'm going to start drinking major amounts, I may just have to invest in a good filter.

Thanks for the terrific input. I have a feeling I'll be getting up a couple of times tonite to tinkle, but I'll endure it if I know I'll get used to it.

xoMaria

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:

I actually don't have chlorine in my water - I'm on a well too! However, I do by bottled water -Poland Springs - I just love how it tastes, but if I'm going to start drinking major amounts, I may just have to invest in a good filter.

Thanks for the terrific input. I have a feeling I'll be getting up a couple of times tonite to tinkle, but I'll endure it if I know I'll get used to it.
xoMaria

Just keep repeating to yourself, "This too shall pass!"

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="JudyMarshall"]
Mariav wrote:

Just keep repeating to yourself, "This too shall pass!"
JUDY

Oops! Embarassed No pun intended!

JUDY

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:54 am      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:

Oops! Embarassed No pun intended!

rofl Nice one Judy! Smile

Btw, Maria, I also found that my body adjusts. To an extent of course but I don't get up at night to go to the loo.
Mabsy

Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
However, I do by bottled water -Poland Springs - I just love how it tastes, but if I'm going to start drinking major amounts, I may just have to invest in a good filter.

I'm originally from Poland... Invest in a water filter! Razz Laughing Just kidding! But when I think of Poland I generally connect it with some pretty bad pollution. Mind you that is in the cities, we do have crystal clear mountain creeks that I would readily drink out of. In fact there is an area in Poland where you can go to drink all sorts of different waters that flow from the mountain springs. Some of the waters taste gross but they are supposed to have theraputic benefits. There is actually a special building where they have these on tap and you can try all the different types.

I just never thought that someone would call a bottled water company Poland Springs. Perhaps it's just one of those things that you have to have lived there to find funny Embarassed Either that or I'm just weird Laughing
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I hear ya, Mabsy....However, here in the U.S. is our own Poland Springs!!! The commercial jingle goes "Poland Springs, comin' to ya straight from Maine....." So I think I'm okay, LOL!!!!

I DID get up to pee last night, and my darling dog Maxine Louise happened to be snoozing by my hubby's side of the bed. It was very dark and did I trip over her? Yes, indeedy I did.

Only got up once tho, so that wasn't too bad.

Maria Very Happy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Oh yeah, that makes more sense Maria!
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:

xoMaria

I live here in Northern California. I invested in a small filter by Pur or Brita, just so to filter any components of our water here. You can just attached it to your faucet.

I do drink at least 25 to 50 fl. oz. everyday because this also washes away and help in the digestion of our food.

Again just like what the other ladies have mentioned, your body will surely adjust..! Smile

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |