Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Marini Lash—new from JM
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Eyelash Enhancement Gets Another Look

California cosmetics entrepreneur Jan Marini is getting back into the eyelash business.

Next week, she is launching a new eyelash-enhancement product, called Marini Lash. It uses “an entirely new technology that yields phenomenal results,” she tells the Health Blog. Supercharged eyelashes? Yup, there are such things.

Marini’s original eyelash conditioner, introduced in 2005, was an instant hit with beauty-conscious consumers seeking longer, thicker lashes. The product, applied using a mascara-like wand, blurred the line between cosmetic and drug because it contained an ingredient similar to one found in Allergan’s glaucoma drug Lumigan. (See the images at right for the effects of Lumigan on one patient.)

The FDA claimed the Marini product was an “unapproved and misbranded drug.” In a lawsuit, drugmaker Allergan accused Marini of violating patents for so-called prostaglandins.

In November, the FDA sent federal marshals to a San Jose, Calif. warehouse to confiscate tubes of the product, Age Intervention Eyelash. Marini, founder and CEO of Jan Marini Skin Research, had by then already reformulated the product to remove a certain ingredient, but questions emerged about the second version. In January, to avoid being a target of the FDA and Allergan, she quit the eyelash business.

“But there was never an ebb in interest,” Marini says “We were still inundated with inquiries on our Web site.”

After she made her decision to abandon the market, she says, she “gained access” to a “peptide blend” that is “specific to hair.” She didn’t think it would work, she says, and was “astounded” when it did. She says the product has been tested on about 100 people in Australia, Japan and the U.S.

“I brought people in who had used either one or both of the original formulas and we have not had anyone who hasn’t said the new one is equal to or better than those,” she says.

The new product is advertised as a “non-prostaglandin” that gives users the “eyelashes of your dreams.” One thing that hasn’t change is the retail list price: $160.

May 30, 2008, 4:57 pm | Posted by Rhonda Rundle
http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/05/30/eyelash-enhancement-gets-another-look/
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Welllll then. I can't wait to read what others' experience and opinions are.

It's a shame they chose to keep the price so high. I guess they learned that people will pay it. Sigh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Good news! I look forward to hearing more about the new ingredients and reading reviews from users.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
That is still very expensive, so I will be waiting to hear more reviews about it as well.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
What is this 'peptide blend' they mention? I'd like to know more about that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Its not expensive its a bargain! Her tube lasts a long time,I have used one of her original tubes that has lasted over a year! So thats 13 pr month?Thats 2 starbucks frappacinos pr month...big deal Rolling Eyes Having long lashes is the icing on the cake and can make a woman look very beautiful without being madeup. You can easily spend 160 getting your hair done at a salon and then you have to go back in 6 weeks!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I agree totally with lucyluc's description of the importance of long eye lashes. I would love to use a lash growth product, but do have some doubts regarding safety issues. I am unsure whether promoting unnatural hair growth can be harmful to skin cells in the long run.

I would really like to hear a medical's view on this topic. Perhaps there is no reason for being concerned.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Gosh, I just bought revitalash... Used it couple days, haven't really seen any amazing result. I did use lucia and ran out of it. Lucia did an amazing job in couple days.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
What is Lucia?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you havana! I use Jan Marini New formula, and I like the results, although many were dissatisfied with the formula. I experienced 30-40% length increase, since I have long lashes on my own, that increase made my lashes significantly longer. It took about two months to get noticeable results.

Sounds like Marini Lash might give amazing results.

fishzebby - I also want to know what is Lucia, and your experience.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
Gosh, I just bought revitalash... Used it couple days, haven't really seen any amazing result. I did use lucia and ran out of it. Lucia did an amazing job in couple days.

If you'll notice your instructions, it reads that results are not supposed to be immediate. I got results within a month or so with the amazing length coming at approximately the 8-10 week mark.

mpstat,
From what I understand, Lucia is a eyelash conditioner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you BluesHeart! Smile
Agree, two days is not sufficient amount of time to see the results.
havana8

Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
They say it launches tomorrow (June 5th).

http://www.janmarini.com/MariniLash.html
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:05 am      Reply with quote
yeah I agree with some of the ladies, $160 is expensive but worth it if the product works. Long lashes just make a world of difference, whether you put makeup on or not. I'm anxious to hear how this Marini Lash compares with the older JM lash treatment.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:44 am      Reply with quote
There was glaucoma medication in the old, pulled formula . It's been attributed to changing eye colour. I really want to hear reviews before I purchase! I agree with Lucyluc that if it works, I'd spend that on it.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
For the curious, ingredients of the new formulation...

Jan Marini Lash
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, C12-C15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Acrylates/ C10-C30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Myristoyl Tetrapeptide-12, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Tocopherol, Biotin, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Bark Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Sodium Phosphate Dibasic, Sodium Chloride, Triethanolamine, Vitamin B-12, Folic Acid
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
For the curious, ingredients of the new formulation...

Jan Marini Lash
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, C12-C15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Acrylates/ C10-C30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Myristoyl Tetrapeptide-12, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Tocopherol, Biotin, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Bark Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Sodium Phosphate Dibasic, Sodium Chloride, Triethanolamine, Vitamin B-12, Folic Acid

Ohmy.
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/40264/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Tell me, someone, that is not the same thing? where's Edenfield when you need?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
thnx for info!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just bumping to see if there's any WOW's after 2 months..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I did post that I have been using the new marini lash for about 3 weeks....I am seeing an increase in length...they are starting to sweep up,thats what they did before when I used the original Jan Marini.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Seeing on Ebay for $94 right now. The new version. They are not calling it a lash growth product or enhancer. A conditioner. That speaks volumes. The old stuff had pictures on her website to show results. Nothing but "some say it works better"

Lumigan and Castor Oil for me! Less than $20!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Marininlash does not really work.Lumigan is the thing to buy and its only 12 if u buy on the net from alldaychemist.com
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |