Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Using only one skin care line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on only using one brand or line of skin care. I know we all have our favourite line of skin care, but is there anyone that uses only or predominantly one line? Some of the positives to this is that the products are manufactured to work together. Thoughts?
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I usually used skincare products from a few different lines. Cuz it's either of the price or something. I might spend $50 on their moisturizer but I'm unwilling to spend another $30 on their cleanser & toner when something around $20 or less work just as good too.

Also, I guess it depends on your skin. How it reacts to different products and stuff.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I used to obsess about using the products from one line, cos it just looks prettier sitting on my table and easier to order. But I'm not like that anymore Wink .
I agree with Stardusty; my cleanser is really cheap- Cetaphil, whilst my moisturiser is Cellcosmet. Even though I do want to use all Cellcosmet products, due to the price, I think I'll stick with Cetaphil cos it does cleanse my face pretty well, with the help of a microfibre cloth.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
me too, I used to use products from one line before, but not anymore. every line has it`s star products, its "strong" and "weak" products, and I would certainly want to get the most for the money. and there`s always this price factor, I cannot afford using a whole line of, say, Cellcosmet.
And - I think that trying to persuade you to use all products from one line is just a marketing trick, just a way for companies to make more profit, thus making "complementary" products and saying you wouldn`t get the ultimate result just from one product, but you should buy the whole line...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
this approach i like too - using all from one line... also i did so in the past...

but whenever i like the moisturizers much, the cleaning i dont...

so i will choose the cleaning from another brand, but - i dont think i will mix within the cleansing routine...

means: cleanser, toner will be from one line...
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I always try to use the same line..makes it easier to keep a routine going.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use cleanser, toner and moisturizer from the same line. I haven't experimented much so this is the same stuff I started using after discovering EDS two years ago. I use masks and other "extras" from other lines.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I also use products from different lines: cleasner from Cellcosmet or Skin Ceuticals, moisturizer from Valmont.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to have several favorite lines at a time. Right now, my favorite lines are PSF and 100% Pure, with some of the "star" products from Devita, Juice Beauty, and Dermalogica thrown in.
shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:21 am      Reply with quote
my skincare products were mixed.
each of them are the star-product of a brand or a product line.
That's not bad
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:51 am      Reply with quote
just one remark for those who mix the cleansing products (cleanser, toner, soap“..)

not sure, if this is right, but ive heard, when you use a cleanser with mineral oil, or a make up remover, which they often contain, then you will need a toner with alcohol...

do you care for this, do you choose a toner which has similar ingredients (as many as possible) as the toner provided by the line you have the cleanser from Question

because THIS would make me feel unsure about which one to chose...
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I doubt an alcohol based toner is necessary after a cleanser that has mineral oil. Even if it is, I think it would be easier just to stay away from both mineral oil and alcohol.

racheli wrote:
just one remark for those who mix the cleansing products (cleanser, toner, soap“..)

not sure, if this is right, but ive heard, when you use a cleanser with mineral oil, or a make up remover, which they often contain, then you will need a toner with alcohol...

do you care for this, do you choose a toner which has similar ingredients (as many as possible) as the toner provided by the line you have the cleanser from Question

because THIS would make me feel unsure about which one to chose...
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
hmm...for me I do the mix and match..single line doesnt work for me. its not necessary that all product of same line are good. I have to make adjustment for my sensitive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
In the summer when it's hot & sticky I use only Zenbiotic's line. It's water-based and contains herbs, glycerin and oils in minute amounts so it's not greasy. It keeps my pores clean even when it's 80% humidity out there! Their aloe-based zinc sunscreen is also nice and light and doesn't clog pores. Love it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
In the summer when it's hot & sticky I use only Zenbiotic's line. It's water-based and contains herbs, glycerin and oils in minute amounts so it's not greasy. It keeps my pores clean even when it's 80% humidity out there! Their aloe-based zinc sunscreen is also nice and light and doesn't clog pores. Love it!

Hmm...thanks for the info. I might look into that line since I tend to have issues with clogged pores in the summer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I use bits and pieces because I don't always like everything from a range, although I always read ingredients to make sure certain active ingredients of a cosmeceutical product will not clash with my regular skin products. I find that skincare from certain countries (of the equivalent brand scale - eg high end, mid end) are similarly formulated. I don't mix Japanese skincare (like Kanebo Sensai, Albion, Kose Cosme decorte, Shiseido Cle de Peau) with brands like Bioderma, Pevonia, Decleor etc.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
... and sometimes I will swap them around from day to day. I hope it stops your skin getting too used to one product.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm one of the person who use the different line or brand of product. It depends on the ingredient of each skincare and the condition of my skin at that time.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to stick with one line- which has meant if i did not like something I would jump onto another line to try-which i suppose is rather silly if i really liked a particular part of the line, but I had fallen for the idea that products from one line work best together.

right now I am very happy with all apsects of my current line and feel no need to try any other.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you have to use all products from only one skincare line, but you should use products that are synergistically complementing one another. Your skin may like a product from this skincare line but not the other product, and it may like that product from another skincare line. So it all depends. We're all very different.
Kped73

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you have to use all products from onr line. I think you should just use whatever feels best on your skin. I hate spending heaps on a cleanser that will stay on your skin for a few secs then is washed down the drain!
Grace_K
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I would love to have one range in my bathroom. It would be great, but unfortunately I haven“t still found a line which have a great cleanser, toner and moisturizer.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |