Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

For those that wear specs (glasses)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
M wondering about this so thought id ask you all here.

So as the question goes if you wear specs (glasses) and are outside are the sun rays hitting harder on the eye area skin? ....and ultimately we get more wrinkles.

i mean i have heard before with glass and sun rays theory it just reflects harder on skin. So i am wondering about specs and eye area skin now? or are specs made of different material that doesnt cause this? OR should i up my sunscreen usage on the eye area?

any feedback?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
One of the reasons that I started using contact lenses was to avoid the problem that my folks have. Both of my parents have worn glasses for probably 30 years and they both have kinda sunken skin beneath their eyes. And little wrinkles, too, now that I think about it. My dad doesn't really have other wrinkles except for those under his eyes.

So...I guess that it could be a possibility. The skin under the eyes is pretty thin and probably more susceptible to wrinkles than other facial skin. But I've noticed that most lenses now are plastic, not glass, and have UVA/UVB protection. Extra sunscreen certainly couldn't hurt!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
This is sort of a non-issue, what with clip-on sunglasses made especially for frames and even Transitions lenses that darken when exposed to sunlight.

They don't make glasses out of actual glass. Can you imagine how heavy they'd be? Shock
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
This is sort of a non-issue, what with clip-on sunglasses made especially for frames and even Transitions lenses that darken when exposed to sunlight.

They don't make glasses out of actual glass. Can you imagine how heavy they'd be? Shock

Haha good point. I try not to use my glasses outside, I switched to contacts and feel 100x more confident and see better.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
my glasses have a UV coating.... but i still wear sunscreen around my eyes Smile actually even on days when im wearing my contacts and have on huge sunglasses, i still wear sunscreen all around my eyes- better safe than sorry
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it's better to wear those wrap around glasses cuz the sun can penetrate to your eyes from above thru the gap?
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:23 am      Reply with quote
would have to agree with what has already been said here. I remember when I first started wearing glasses and at that time they were made of glass - probably what your parents had for many years- now though, we have those lightweight plastic lenses, so much better and with uv protection built in, doubled, by the way, with clip on sunglasses that also provide uv protection. Add to that a good eye cream and I think we will do well over the years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Most offices try to do an anti-reflective coating, too, which I think helps counter this problem. But IMO you should a) always be wearing sunscreen anyway, and b) wear sunglasses (prescription if need be) on really bright days. The sunglasses will keep you from squinting, too, so that's even better for wrinkle protection.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that the new monitor LCD doesn't have any radiation compared to the older kinds of monitor. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Lindapinda
5% products discount

Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Australia and the sun down here is quite harsh on the skin, hair, clothing.. You name it!

Because I don't like applying suncream for the face around my eyes I use Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF 15 (and cool sunnies, of course!) every day. I even have it with me to the beach Wink I highly recommend it!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
wow. that's a good point.
the lenses of the glasses magnify the sun rays.
haven't you heard of burning ants with magnifying glasses?
Razz
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |