Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Issue with my cuticles/nail area
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
The skin around my nails is thick and tough. It peels easily and this leads me to pick. Needless to say my nails are a mess. Would an AHA lotion help? Or what would you suggest?
(please keep it to d/s suggestions only, I'm broke!!)

TIA

edited to add: I am constantly putting lotion on after washing. Doesn't seem to do much.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem and pick constantly at my cuticles because they are so dry. I use cuticle cutters constantly because if I can cut them off before I pick them off then it doesn't seem to make such a mess of them. I've tried many cuticle creams but my problem is that I just don't use them enough to make a difference. The only time my cuticles looked great was when I had gel nails and couldn't pick. So for me I think the only way they will stop being a mess is to stop picking. I will be curious though to see what others have tried that worked.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry to sound like an old, boring teacher without any exciting news, but I don't think there's any other way to solve this problem than stop picking and cutting and applying cuticle cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote: I am sorry to sound like an old, boring teacher without any exciting news, but I don't think there's any other way to solve this problem than stop picking and cutting and applying cuticle cream.

LOL...yes ma'am! Smile
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have had great success w/ copper peptides from Skin Bio on my nails. I have damaged nail beds from psorisis in my youth and the nails grew poorly - alway peeling and splitting. One cutical was also damaged from my 'picking' at it and the nail grew out funny in just that spot. Nothing I did would help that cutical and it's been like that for years. It even affected the growth of the nail - causing it to grow flat, not curved.

After using CPs on my nails for 2.5 months, that cutical is repairing itself and I see the nail growing out normally now.

In fact, all my nails are growing normally now and strengthening.

I have used both tri-reduction and the nail peptide lotion on my nails- one or the other (not both) depending on if it's the AM or PM.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
foxe - your recommendation is interesting. I have never thought about using CPs. I have this same problem.) Did you pick at your cuticles while using the CPs? Did you see any drawbacks from the CP? Did you use an exfoilant also?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Try rubbing emu oil into hands, cuticles and nails. It softens cuticles, hardens nails and stops them from splitting and moisturises hands.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 am      Reply with quote
jf - I did not pick at the cuticals while using the CPs. The one really bad cutical had been like that for years. Long enuf to cause the nail to deform a bit. I did use exfoliatives - just because I happened to have some on my hands anyway.

On a side note - I've also used CPs on my feet. I had very dry, cracked & calloused feet and the cuticals there were worse than the ones on my hands. The CPs have really improved my feet. I think the condition I had was called xerosis and it had been getting worse over the years. The only thing that would keep it under control was a strong BHA (6% Keralyt - Rx only) and a pumice stone. But, over the years, the skin was getting thicker. Now, using the Keralyt and CPs, the skin is becoming normal! No more cracks, no scaling, and they're soft! The cuticals look so much better too (and I wasn't really paying attention to those)

The Emu oil would be nice too - maybe put socks on afterwards to let the oil soak in (and not get into your carpeting). I used shea butter w/ socks for a while and that softened things up a bit (just not like the CPs do).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:52 am      Reply with quote
jf - if there were any drawbacks - it would be the color of the CP. I use the P & R tri reduction at night because it's green and gets stuck under the nail. Not pretty during the day. It will shower off in the morning, tho. During the day - I use the nail repair. the nail repair is pretty expensive for the amt you get. I also used the regular P & R early on and that color isn't too bad for day use.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |