Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Would like to hear from any/all Remergent users /WRINKLES
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Trying to get rid of a few wrinkles that are driving me nuts and on the 55 and over board Remergent DNA repair came up as a brand to try.

I am tired of wasting money and have been pleased with my current brand of skin care except for these darn fine lines on the top of my cheeks.

So looking for any other Remergent users out there?

55, Combination Skin (oily T-zone), Elysee skin care, Dermaroller, Skin Medica Vitamin C.
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:29 am      Reply with quote
im in the same boat i wanted to buy the barrier cream and the serum, again i would like some feedback. THanks for starting the thread.
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
vassbeaute wrote:
im in the same boat i wanted to buy the barrier cream and the serum, again i would like some feedback. THanks for starting the thread.

Hi vassbeaute - you might want to look in the Product Reviews Forum on these boards, on page 15 of the "Review: Remergent DNA Skin Repair Forumula" thread, platinumrose posted the following (one month after posting her question above):

"...I use the SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic in the a.m. now (dry face) and then wait 15 minutes to apply the Remergent DNA and barrier cream. At night I use Retin A or Tazorac and then the DNA and Barrier with extra moisturizing cream.

As I said this Remergent is clearing up my fine lines above my cheeks which is what my mission was. So I am a happy camper about this.
"

There are other opinions and discussion about Remergent in that thread as well.

Cheers!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Remergent is one of the few lines that will improve your skin but you must be patient and you must stick with it. I started using Remergent when it first came out and although I still try a few other lines form time to time, I always return to Remergent.
Use the cleanser am and pm, DNA Repair am and pm, the retinol 1% pm before DNA Repair, SPF15 or SPF30 am and Barrier Repair pm. Use the Microcirculation Therapy as your eye cream am and pm after DNA Repair. Your skin will definitely improve.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:57 am      Reply with quote
thanks bushy, im ordering a few products soon and will follow your advice.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
As bushy said, it does take time and patience to see real results. I think it's definitely worth sticking with. My skin is looking so much better after using it - and I've been on it for about the same length of time as bushy.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
majorb, do you use other products, as well, or just Remergent?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest starting with one Remergent product at a time in order to gauge how you respond.

My skin can tolerate the DNA product, but it completely rebelled over the Barrier Repair and caused me to have 17 new zits. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - Oh no.... I am surprised to hear that.

A quick hijack: I got a red prolight - and loving it! Thanks to you for all the great advice on Rita's products. She gave me some guidance also on skin care and it looks like I will need to be getting the dermarollers soon!

Sis
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Bethany on the one at a time. I splurged on Barrier Repair and DNA Repair at the same time and can't use either...they leave my skin red and burned feeling.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Bethany - Oh no.... I am surprised to hear that.

A quick hijack: I got a red prolight - and loving it! Thanks to you for all the great advice on Rita's products. She gave me some guidance also on skin care and it looks like I will need to be getting the dermarollers soon!

Sis

Yep...it was pretty ugly. Sad

But congrats to you...I'm sure you will love it! And she is a pretty awesome resource too. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using some Remergent products for 4 days now, just the Barrier Repair and the A.M. Moisture (I don't have the DNA Repair Serum yet). Trying to go slowly testing how my skin reacts; for me so far so good and I'm really liking it (with one small gripe, below.)

Bethany how immediate were your breakouts from the Barrier Repair?

I did get the warmth/slight tingling others have mentioned from the Barrier Repair and I think from the A.M. Moisture, but other than that in just a few days I'm really pleased with how soft and smooth and hydrated my skin looks, including the eye area, and have seen a slight firming or at least plumping of the skin a wee bit. I'm hoping my skin continues to accept Remergent because I'd like to give it a go of at least 6 months, hopefully longer.

My personal thing is: I wish the products weren't so high in glycerin; I might use a different brand daily moisturizer with SPF instead of the Remergent moisturizer - even after absorption some seems to sit on my skin and looks a little greasy even a couple hours after I apply it - and I'm not using a full measured pump of the products. At all. So, doesn't make for a good base for foundation makeup or even MMU, for me.

Yesterday I tested after I'd put on the Barrier Repair and the A.M. Moisture on my face and neck - three hours afterward I rubbed my fingers on my neck and looked at my fingertips - they looked shiny and oily. I'm all for having "dewy" skin, but the glistening shine bothers me and might be a bit rich for my skin, which at 45 is sometimes sensitive but pretty typical normal/combo with the oily t-zone, occasional hormonal breakouts (and some clogged pores, but that's a side battle.)

Getting the DNA Repair Serum next week, and the Progressive Retinol and hope I can incorporate those items into my routine, too! I don't have undereye circles or darkness there, and no hyper pigmentation or brown spots on my face so I won't be using the clarifying stuff, and am on the fence about the microcirculation eye product.

I'm also looking to improve (ok, erase!) the fine lines on the tops of my cheeks, and wonder if the Remergent Progressive Retinol (the 0.4%) will be strong enough, or too strong, or the right product versus the others I've read about here.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
caboodle- I do love the Remergent DNA repair and Barrier cream at night. I have a very light moisturizer I use during the day becaus I think Remergent is too heavy for my skin.

But I am doing well with it and have seen positive improvements.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Caboodle, the Barrier Repair is only meant to be used in the pm after DNA Repair. The Remergent SPF15 or 30 are combined moisturiser/sunscreens so using the sunscreen over the Barrier Repair would be way too much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:05 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Caboodle, the Barrier Repair is only meant to be used in the pm after DNA Repair. The Remergent SPF15 or 30 are combined moisturiser/sunscreens so using the sunscreen over the Barrier Repair would be way too much.

Whew. Good to know. I belatedly found the insert in the box that recommends that; the barrier bottle itself says use am and pm.

Anyone using Remergent use either of their Retinol products, or do you use a separate brand for that and if so, why?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:18 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
majorb, do you use other products, as well, or just Remergent?

Here's my current regime, which seems to suit my skin well at the moment. (I'm 42 with dry skin.) Some of the products are items I'm trialling to see whether I want to incorporate them into my routine on a permanent basis, and I've marked these so you know what they are:-

AM
A'kin Rose & Geranium Creamy Cleanser and Toner in One - massaged into the skin, then removed with a muslin cloth, followed by a gentle wipe with a damp microfibre cloth.

I then apply a firming serum product. I was using a firming serum from a small home-based company but it's not being made at the moment, so I'm currently trialling some new ones. Not settled on one yet.

I'm also trialling an Obagi Vitamin C serum specifically for around the eyes, which is applied next, followed by a 30 minute wait (when I have the time!)

Next comes Cellular Skin Rx's Relax-a-Line, which I apply on my forehead, 11's area, crow's feet area and marionette line area only.

Remergent DNA Repair comes next, which I apply all over my face and neck, including around the eyes.

I then moisturise - using Valmont Eye & Lip Contour Repair Cream around my eyes and on my lips, then Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Cream on my face and neck.

My final daytime step is to apply Clarins UV40 for sun protection.

PM
I start with the same cleansing routine.

I then apply Obagi Elastiderm Eye Cream, which is only on a trial basis at the moment.

Finally, I moisturise my face and neck with the NYR Frankincense Cream and use the Valmont Eye & Lip Cream on and around my lips.

WEEKLY
Once a week, I use Epidermx - gently rubbing it on my face for up to a minute - to exfoliate.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:35 am      Reply with quote
majorb, I wonder - do you have waiting times between all your a.m. steps? how long does it take you in the morning?
I`d definitely like to incorporate more products into my routine but I`m afraid I`ll go crazy with all this indefinite waiting Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the detailed routine, majorb!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
caboodle wrote:

Anyone using Remergent use either of their Retinol products, or do you use a separate brand for that and if so, why?

I use the Remergent Retinol 1% because it is one of the few retinol products that does not cause me to break out. It absorbs very fast, has no wait time and does not cause any irritation. I use it before DNA Repair in the pm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
majorb, I wonder - do you have waiting times between all your a.m. steps? how long does it take you in the morning?
I`d definitely like to incorporate more products into my routine but I`m afraid I`ll go crazy with all this indefinite waiting Laughing

No, if I had waiting times between all my steps, I'd still be getting ready for the morning well into the evening! Laughing

Immediately after cleansing, I apply the firming serum to my face and neck (not around my eyes) and then the Vitamin C Serum around my eyes straight after that.

Depending on how much time I have to spare, I try to wait up to 30 minutes before applying anything else. During this waiting time, I wash the rest of me, apply body lotion and deodorant, get dressed, eat breakfast etc.

Next I apply my Relax-a-Line and leave it until it's fully absorbed. This doesn't take long. I do try to give it a little more time if poss, though. Then the DNA Repair, which is very quick to absorb, then moisturiser.

The whole process takes maybe 45 minutes, during which time I'm doing other things to get ready.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:14 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Aiva wrote:

No, if I had waiting times between all my steps, I'd still be getting ready for the morning well into the evening! Laughing

Immediately after cleansing, I apply the firming serum to my face and neck (not around my eyes) and then the Vitamin C Serum around my eyes straight after that.

Depending on how much time I have to spare, I try to wait up to 30 minutes before applying anything else. During this waiting time, I wash the rest of me, apply body lotion and deodorant, get dressed, eat breakfast etc.

Next I apply my Relax-a-Line and leave it until it's fully absorbed. This doesn't take long. I do try to give it a little more time if poss, though. Then the DNA Repair, which is very quick to absorb, then moisturiser.

The whole process takes maybe 45 minutes, during which time I'm doing other things to get ready.

you seem to be a good time-manager! Wink
so the DNA repair has no waiting time at all? or does it have to be fully absorbed before putting smth on top of it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:

so the DNA repair has no waiting time at all? or does it have to be fully absorbed before putting smth on top of it?

You only need to wait a minute or so for it to dry off. According to the Yarosh book that applies to all products unless a specific wait time is specified.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Aiva wrote:

You only need to wait a minute or so for it to dry off. According to the Yarosh book that applies to all products unless a specific wait time is specified.

thank you bushy! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Yes, bushy's right. I like to wait until serums feel completely absorbed before going onto the next step. This doesn't take long with the DNA Repair.

Time management's a bit of a necessity. I very rarely do just one thing at once. Just as well us females are supposed to be good at it! Laughing
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:37 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Yes, bushy's right. I like to wait until serums feel completely absorbed before going onto the next step. This doesn't take long with the DNA Repair.

Time management's a bit of a necessity. I very rarely do just one thing at once. Just as well us females are supposed to be good at it! Laughing

how right you are!!! Laughing
it`s always driving me crazy when my husband says smth like "how am I supposed to do that at the same time???" - while it`s so easy for me Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |