Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
A sudden loss of facial tone after extreme stress
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
nanikiki

Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm new and it’s been wonderful viewing this brilliant site before becoming a member. I've a query that I haven't seen here yet.

Has anyone experienced a sudden loss of facial tone after extreme stress? if so has anyone had success correcting the situation without a surgical face-lift? Since the beginning of this year, I have had 2 major medical surgeries back to back… and lol, I have a 3rd one happening this July. A myomectomy surgery pushed me into menopause (no more ‘monthly friend'), but I was heading there at my age of 49. Up until recently I looked much much younger.. people would compliment me at age 35, so it’s a bit of a shock to have my ‘face fall suddenly’. (I’ll have to display pics to show my ‘transitions’ if I can find a remedy worth documenting.) Along with these recent surgeries I’ve had a few major emotional ‘stressors’, but the surgeries were a rare occurrence for me in dealing with physical pain.

Within the last 4 months I've tried the following methods to get my face naturally lifted back to where it was previous to this time, but haven't had significant improvements yet:
1. Thermage -I had similar treatments in the past with long lasting results, but it didn’t work this time.
2. NuFace
3. Ultratone Facial -an electrical stimulator device from England, which I’ve used daily for over 10 years with wonderful results up until now
4. FaceMaster
5. Baby Quasar -an amazing device for aging hands and chest, it did plump my face but too much instead of giving it a lift
6. FlexEffect -recently I just ordered the program. I should receive it in the post in 10 days and hope it does the trick..

I know this is 'allot' of experimenting but determined to follow through and who knows.. maybe I can help someone else in a similiar situation.

Would be thankful if anyone could share their knowledge in this area. Thanks xx.
Wink
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:20 am      Reply with quote
nanikiki wrote:

Has anyone experienced a sudden loss of facial tone after extreme stress? if so has anyone had success correcting the situation without a surgical face-lift? Since the beginning of this year, I have had 2 major medical surgeries back to back… and lol, I have a 3rd one happening this July. A myomectomy surgery pushed me into menopause (no more ‘monthly friend'), but I was heading there at my age of 49. Up until recently I looked much much younger.. people would compliment me at age 35, so it’s a bit of a shock to have my ‘face fall suddenly’. (I’ll have to display pics to show my ‘transitions’ if I can find a remedy worth documenting.) Along with these recent surgeries I’ve had a few major emotional ‘stressors’, but the surgeries were a rare occurrence for me in dealing with physical pain.

Within the last 4 months I've tried the following methods to get my face naturally lifted back to where it was previous to this time, but haven't had significant improvements yet:
1. Thermage -I had similar treatments in the past with long lasting results, but it didn’t work this time.
2. NuFace
3. Ultratone Facial -an electrical stimulator device from England, which I’ve used daily for over 10 years with wonderful results up until now
4. FaceMaster
5. Baby Quasar -an amazing device for aging hands and chest, it did plump my face but too much instead of giving it a lift
6. FlexEffect -recently I just ordered the program. I should receive it in the post in 10 days and hope it does the trick..

I know this is 'allot' of experimenting but determined to follow through and who knows.. maybe I can help someone else in a similiar situation.

Would be thankful if anyone could share their knowledge in this area. Thanks xx.
Wink

I will share what I know that might be of use to you and I am sure others will as well. First of all having surgery is a major stresser and the body needs healing time at the surgery site as well as the total body in handling the surgery. It seems that you are definitely on the right track with several of the things you are doing, it will need a little time. The flexeffect exercise program is one of the most effective ways to pick up the slack of sagging skin. I have a nuface, Suzanne Somer's face master and have tried thermage and none of these things compare to the effectiveness of flexeffect. It truly works, but you have to be disciplined to actually do the exercises regularly. Two things that I would suggest along with the facial exercises and your Baby Q light would be one, supplements and the other, skin brushig. Most people using flexeffects take msm(2,000mg) and 1,000mg of C(this information will be in the flexeffects book). Also something that has been suggested is taking silica(liquid form)cellfood makes a good one. Many on the flexing site have had a lot of success with silica and have seen a drastic change as soon as two weeks. The other thing to jump start your skin as well as energize your body is the skin brushing. I strongly recommend the Vital Chi skin-brushing methody by Dr. Berkowsky atwww.naturalhealthscience.com. He has a book and dvd(you really only need the dvd. I have heard about skin brushing for years but this takes it to a new level and I can't stress enough how beneficial it is to your total health especially the skin.
The last thing to encourage you is to know you are starting things that will give you a turn around but it will take time, but please continue to be positive because it will produce results. I think your state of mind enhances your progress.
Toby
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I agree with what Toby had to say. I would like to add that I had an operation October 06. It took a full year for me to recuperate. In saying that I swear the surgery aged me 10 years. The good new is I have totally recovered Very Happy . I do the FlexEffect exercises and massage. Recently I purchased the Vaculifter. After my FlexEffect routine I use this little gadget. My skin is all rosy and plumped up. Do eat healthy, drink lots of water and get exercise. Sudden sagging of the skin usually rebounds.

Like Toby, I have the Nuface. I also have the Quasar SP. While I have been happy with both these purchases I must say facial exercise on a regular basis has done the most for me.

As far as skin care for help with skin firmness I am a 4 year devoted user of AlphaDermaCE and Mineral Prep. I love what it has done for my mature skin. With summer here I am also using Karin Herzog Vit-A-Apricot Cream on alternate nights.

Skin care lotions/potions are a personal choice. You need to find what works best for you.

Good luck. I believe you skin will be fine. Stress does a number on all of us.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I had a 4+ hour surgery in July '07, and STILL have not fully recovered from an energy and appearance standpoint.

If you have already had 2 surgeries this year and have a 3rd one scheduled, your body needs time to rest and recover...it probably didn't have what is needed to even respond to Thermage at this point.

You will snap back, but you must first try not to stress (which further saps your bodily resources) and be patient (easier said than done!) while your body recovers from all of this trauma.

Focusing on nutrition, rest, relaxation, etc. is what you need right now....the rest will come with time when your body is ready to take on all these new things you are throwing at it. But if it is not responding, it's telling you that it is overloaded.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby, Winnie and Bethany… recognized your names and have read your prior blogs. It’s such a privilege to get replies.. thanks so much!

I’m totally encouraged now to keep on track and possibly gain back my ‘looks’. I’m looking forward to the FlexEffect program that will replace my daily Ultratone facial electric muscle stimulator… I don’t know why this device stopped being effective; perhaps it’s worn-out. BTW- Ultratone machine for the body continues to give an amazing lift to droopy buttocks... even whilst sitting doing computer work or watching TV. It was that way with my Ultratone facial, I could use it while doing other things..even driving. I understand the FlexEffect will take working it into my schedule, but I'm motivated to figure it out.

Also you’re all very right to point out that the total healing processes from surgery takes time… no way around it. I’ve always been strong physically and though I don’t feel pain anymore from these past surgeries, I don’t have energy and I think somehow this is related in my face with the loss of tone… a tired look. I'm proactive in my healing… perhaps an emotional thing about ‘control’, but also medical information is limited and doesn’t cover all the aspects and impacts that surgery can have on the healing of the body and well being… This 'healing process' is elusive; not an obvious task, it might come down to a relearning of myself.

I take various supplements and use wonderful facial cream but will look forward to researching the new ones you all suggested and mentioned. Winnie –is the silica (liquid) cellfood explained in the FlexEffect book? I’ve taken silica as a cellsalt but not liquid… did it help you with facial tone? Years ago it helped me with skin blemishes.

Bethany –Do you feel you will recover from your surgery in a way that you envision?

Thanks again for experiences and advice. I've learned quite a bit and am intrigued!
Razz
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
nanikiki wrote:
Bethany –Do you feel you will recover from your surgery in a way that you envision? Razz

I truly do, but I have realized that surgery at 20 (my prior surgery) was TOTALLY different than surgery at 41. This one knocked me on my butt, and I couldn't even work at ALL for a month. 11.5 months and 20 horrible lbs later (from not being able to do anything!), I now know that it is truly about balancing all of your body's stressors....mental AND physical.

I was a hard-core Corporate America woman who didn't believe in all of that mushy stuff for "softies," but I have been forced to deal with a hard reality in the last 5 years...if you push your body to the breaking point, it WILL break. Mine did, and it has been a looong recovery in many ways.

Your body is like a houseplant...it takes light, water, and nourishment to thrive. But once you offset that balance, it takes quite a bit for the plant to recover (and multiple surgeries require significant recovery).

You just need some downtime to recover, and you (and your skin) WILL bloom again. But patience is required, as hard as that may seem at the moment.

((BIG hugs)) to you....I know what you are going through in some respects and it certainly isn't easy. But we'll both get there. Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |