Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

best under eye product for dark circles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
melloyello

Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I've had dark circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember. It wasn't so bad before but now that I'm aging it seems that the skin under my eye is getting thinner; and as a result, the circles my under eye circles are darker.

I've tried many over the counter products, and so far the best one I've tried is chanel's age delay under eye serum. However, it doesn't help as much as I would like it do.

Anyway, my question is: Has any one tried any eye products that actually work well? please let me know!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think no alcohol and lots of sleep is probably the best remedy.

But failing that I think Peter Thomas Roth Vitamin K eye cream is good ...pricy though. Have a search in the archives.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think the caffeine eye cream from 100% pure is reasonably good (don't expect miracles! There are no miracles) for dark circles.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Please use the SEARCH function on the EDS Forums - you will find suggestions for dark circles on many previous threads.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I have quite deep set eyes and have always had dark circles under my eyes which makes me look oh so tired! The YSL "magic pen" (which critics and glossy magazine editors love!) is no good and does not give any cover at all. The only thing gives you is an empty wallet Confused

I bought Bioelements concealer and it covers very well, both under eyes and around the nose. Highly recommended!
melloyello

Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys for replying! ill check out your suggested products right after work. time to go.i think waking up this early has a lot to do with my dark circles. Smile oh btw, lately, I've just been using chanel's spot corrector under my eyes because i heard under eye darkcircles need to be bleached?

it lightens just a bit, but not so much.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have a dark circle before, but after i used ole henriksen eye cream, my dark circle fade out.Maybe you can try it.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
wancy_2000 wrote:
I have a dark circle before, but after i used ole henriksen eye cream, my dark circle fade out.Maybe you can try it.

wancy, which Ole Henriksen eye cream are u using? There're a few...
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lindapinda wrote:
I have quite deep set eyes and have always had dark circles under my eyes which makes me look oh so tired! The YSL "magic pen" (which critics and glossy magazine editors love!) is no good and does not give any cover at all. The only thing gives you is an empty wallet Confused

I bought Bioelements concealer and it covers very well, both under eyes and around the nose. Highly recommended!

Hi Lindapinda, is it this one you're talking about for the concealer?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/bioelements-complexion-co-p_8323.htm

Also, wondering what color is your circles? Thanks! Smile
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Alison Raffaele's true concealer has high coverage, which would be effective for dark circles. It's what I use, and I've found it works, as long as you moisturize before applying. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.alisonraffaele.com/detail.aspx?ID=92
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
displaced wrote:
Alison Raffaele's true concealer has high coverage, which would be effective for dark circles. It's what I use, and I've found it works, as long as you moisturize before applying. Here's the link if you're interested:

Thanks displaced! Can I ask what color is your circles? haha I feel like I'm asking everyone their circles color... but I found what works for one might not work for me sometimes so I just wanna make sure... Very Happy
Simoncox

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am having black circles. The eyes with the dark lashes looks very attractive and if we use liners and mascara on it, It will look fabulous.
Many people likes the different colors of the circles in the eyes, Such as brown, blue,etc. But I like only dark black.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Here are some suggestions...
-limit intake of caffeine i.e. coffee and white sugar (brown sugar is better). Opt for fruits and natural fruit juices. Drink water (instead of softdrinks). This will make your kidney more regular and your skin will "glow".
-sleep at least 8hours if possible. If we are not “rested”, it shows on our skin and eyes.
-use cucumber slices or cold tea bags for 15-20 minutes on eyes (closed) while laying down the couch/bed. It will make you feel “better”...

Well, if you wish to camouflage your dark circles, I suggest Amazing Cosmetic concealer that you can buy at EDS. This will "kinda" hide those trouble-some areas if you are really conscious of it.

I hope this helps.... Good luck Smile
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:12 am      Reply with quote
After searching and trying endless products for my dark circles, I finally decided to try this product with the advice from many users. After 2 weeks of use I can already notice a difference. My eyes are brighter and my dark circles have minimized. Well worth the price for trying to keep a youthful glow.

And it also don't contain:

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Simoncox wrote:
I am having black circles. The eyes with the dark lashes looks very attractive and if we use liners and mascara on it, It will look fabulous.
Many people likes the different colors of the circles in the eyes, Such as brown, blue,etc. But I like only dark black.

Hi Simoncox:

The dark circles that are being discussed in this thread are not the circles inside the eye that normally come in different colors:
That circle is called the iris.

What people are referring to as "dark circles" is when the area under the eyes looks darker than the skin around it...

Some may joke and say that their dark circles make them look like a raccoon:

So what people are looking for is how to get the results shown below:

In addition to the suggestions given so far, I believe that face exercises can help thicken the skin under the eyes so that blood vessels do not show through--which I do believe is the reason for dark circles. Shanti is a good example of what I mean: http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/shanti
Here's an article with more info on that: http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/how-does-the-cff-face-exercise-system-get-rid-of-dark-circles-and-bags-under-the-eyes
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Tindra1816: What product or products did you use that helped you to diminish those dark circles? You did not say....

Nonie aka AD: Hello there Smile
LOL thanks for clarifying about iris and dark circles Smile BTW, your links are informative. Thanks.....
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
You guys:
eating a bit of pineapple daily and running regularly bured me both of undereye puffiness AND dark circles. Took about 6 months, and 3 years later they've never returned.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
naturesorganic

Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Any organic product is best for dark skin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 am      Reply with quote
What do you suggest as an organic product for dark circles? I don't think dark skin has got to do with anything when choosing an organic product. I would think whatever you are recommending is perhaps suited for anybody?

naturesorganic wrote:
Any organic product is best for dark skin
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jade-1234! Sorry thought i wrote It, but its the Kate Somerville - CytoCell Dark Circle Corrective Eye Cream :)
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I received a sachet of this one from EDS but gave it to my mom to try as she has something to correct in that department... But since it is only 1 sachet, don't know if it works because (I think) to test a product, you must use it maybe for a month to see the difference... And the sachet lasted only for 3days.....

In my opinion, one of the many reasons for dark circles (aside from hereditary) is lack of sleep, stress, not balanced diet, over-work to name a few... So if you can do something about those, then you are on the right track.

tindra1816 wrote:
Hi Jade-1234! Sorry thought i wrote It, but its the Kate Somerville - CytoCell Dark Circle Corrective Eye Cream Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have to second this recommendation for Alison Raffaele's concealer. It's so good!
I've also met her before and am friends with her on fb and she is sooooo incredibly lovely. And has super-cute children.

I prefer By Terry's Light Expert, but the coverage isn't that great. You absolutely cannot tell you are wearing any concealer though, and it does help. AR is a close second, and is VERY good at covering without any trace of concealer-face!
I just don't really have dark circles anymore now that I'm eating a ton of pineapple, which I'm convinced helps soooooo much.

--avalange

displaced wrote:

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
JacobMiller
5% products discount

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:07 am      Reply with quote
I think no alcohol and lots of sleep is probably the best remedy as well as the caffeine eye cream from 100% pure is good. i had experience with this cream and i got success. I hope you will also get 100% satisfaction after using that cream.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |