Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
NaturOli ~ New Natural Skin Care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mcdermid
5% products discount

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy
I'm so VERY happy that I found an absolutely wonderful NEW Skin care product, and wanted to share it with you all.
Quote:
NaturOli is pronounced simply "naturally"

Donna Harris, CEO is a very pleasant, friendly person and replies to your questions/e-mails promptly. I am enjoying using the samples that I ordered, and believe me, you will be very surprised when you get your package ~ it's packaged absolutely stunningly.
Read one of the press releases below and do yourself a favor, TRY THE PRODUCTS!
I was unable to put a link to the website ~ sorry! Just put "NaturOli" in your search engine and it'll find it.

Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Natural skin and beauty care web site launches new line of products

Peoria, AZ -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/16/2007 -- NaturOli™: The result of natural selection. That’s the tag line and the philosophy behind a new, naturally focused line of skin and beauty care products. Unveiled September 1st, 2007, available exclusively online and at their Olive Park facility. NaturOli Beautiful, LLC has produced a diverse array of proprietary skincare and beauty-care products available to anyone searching for an alternative to synthetically produced and chemically laden beauty products.

“We have developed 100% custom formulas,” says company co-founder and president, Chris Sicurella. “…we identified a growing need for a healthy alternative in the skincare and personal beauty marketplace. It’s time for a change.” The new company has launched with a varied array of soaps, lotions and crčmes for today's health-conscious consumer. The ingredients range from goat's milk and hemp oil to Himalayan salt and coconut oils, but emphasis is placed on three “key” olive derivatives. "The olive tree is simply a wondrous gift to us from Mother Nature. The benefits it brings us are truly amazing. Our ancestors knew it. The reality is you could eat most of our products," reflects Mr. Sicurella, adding joyfully, "though they wouldn't taste very good!"

The company takes the term ‘environmentally friendly’ to heart. “All our packaging is recyclable or bio-degradable…” says company co-founder Donna Harris. “From our manufacturing processes, to production, to your door, we believe there’s a better way to treat customers and a better way to do business. After all, it’s the only world we’ve got, so we better care of it.”

Developed with a fully independent scientist, NaturOli looks to take a commanding share of the fast growing, health-conscious marketplace. “Honesty and integrity are paramount,” says Mr. Sicurella, “we fully disclose all of our ingredients. They contain no harmful chemicals. NaturOli takes ingredients used for literally thousands of years and re-introduces them to today’s 21st century consumer. I think we’ve just forgotten that everything we really need is already here. You just need to know where to look.”
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
At first glance it doesn't look that great, and looks relatively expensive... What products are you looking forward to? (Or are already using)
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I hate when companies do this...

"Phenoxyethanol" is only organic in terms of chemistry, but it's being promoted as "organic" as in organically grown and hence..."safe".

soap nuts are easily available and shouldn't be that expensive...ive tried them before and didnt find that effective, but to each their own.

also just looking at the ingredients...they look almost the same for each product, the foot cream is the same as the radiance face cream.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
What are soap nuts?

edenfield wrote:
I hate when companies do this...

"Phenoxyethanol" is only organic in terms of chemistry, but it's being promoted as "organic" as in organically grown and hence..."safe".

soap nuts are easily available and shouldn't be that expensive...ive tried them before and didnt find that effective, but to each their own.

also just looking at the ingredients...they look almost the same for each product, the foot cream is the same as the radiance face cream.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
they're basically dried shells that contain natural detergents...used in india and some other eastern countries.
fireplug
5% products discount

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I came across this while surfing and couldn't resist commenting. I think a couple people here need to look a little closer look at this company. I've never seen a company that actually discloses 99% natural when phenoxyethanol is used. I've seen no claims from them about organic at all. Frankly, I've NEVER seen a company as honest. Notice that their face cream doesn't contain phenoxyethanol and is labeled a 100% natural product. That's pretty cool. As far as products being similar, I see distinct differences. Has anyone here read their testimonials? Wow. Isn't it that they are extremely effective the most important thing anyway? I know because I do use them. I was even told by their service dept. that I didn't need to spend a ton of money on a cabinet full of their products for my skin problems. Now how cool is THAT!!??

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry but my Spam-O-Meter is just going off the charts here Rolling Eyes
fireplug
5% products discount

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Not surprising? Most of us see what we want to see, and can't see beyond it. Brick wall
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am with you edenfield! I love feedback and questions and people giving me testimonials that have been on the site for a while. I always Love when we are hearing about new products, from Two brand new members.......I am smelling something myself. Confused

5% products discount

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Your skepticism is well understood and justified. Hey, I just happened on to this site and saw something that I personally felt was unfounded when I knew better and had some first-hand experience to share. It's kinda rare for me to even do this (even though I love giving my opinion). You folks certainly have been here awhile and know the ropes. I respect that. I said my part and feel right and good in doing so. So, done. Surely a newbies' opinion doesn't carry much weight. That's fair enough and I guess it's how it should be. Just remember that you were new at one time, too. You all got a respectable thing going here. I just don't like to see bashing if it doesn't seem justified. That's wrong. Period. And btw: I have no clue to who it is that started this chain, nor do I even remember exactly what path brought me here. It's kinda' weird actually. Just keep holding the fort cause we're all on the same team. I've got LOTS of strong opinions on the focus of this forum, so I'll be back. You can count on it. Smile
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
fireplug, trust me when I say the comments the are being made is because we have seen this a time or ten, happen on this very site. If you chose to spend time on the site getting and giving feedback, we would love to have you. My suggestion, you might want to be careful about making such strong statements:
Quote:
fireplug
I've got LOTS of strong opinions on the focus of this forum, so I'll be back. You can count on it.

In my opinion you have to earn your way on this site and may want to be gentler if you want anyone to answer you on questions you pose. Best wishes Surprised

5% products discount

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Roger that. Advice understood and appreciated. I will try to keep my passions in check. (And that's not exactly an easy task for me. lol!) Thanks, bergquis.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Weel thank you and welcome fireplug. If you are using these products you posted about, I am sure we would love feedback as you continue your journey. I hope you like the site and find it useful. It is my HG and I absolutely adore the people on here! Everyone is so helpful and pleasant to interact with. I hope you find the same! Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the gracious welcome. I'm surprised I haven't come across you before now. Here's the biggest thing I can say about the NaturOli products (which started this all) and what I meant by "experience": I had horribly calloused heels - to the point they would crack and bleed - and it REALLY hurt to even walk. Only Rx strength (40% pure I think) Urea softened the deep cracks (which, yes, I know now it's not healthy - but it helped, and I really needed something). Their foot cream was first given to me to try. After just a couple days the difference was incredible - way better than the Urea cream. Long story short: no more callouses, no more pain. Just gone. Frankly, that changed my life. For anyone who suffers as I did, finding relief is like a miracle. I actually bought a sample for my doctor. He has YET to say anything significant about it. I think he's embarrassed. LOL!!! So, that's my story. Now you know WHY I had no choice but to jump in. Again, thank you for the warm welcome. Very Happy
mcdermid
5% products discount

Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
firebug,
I'm the one that put this post up on the board. I did so because I wanted positive feedback from people that has USED the products (which you have, I see Smile ). Anyway, I didn't get that, so I went ahead and ordered samples to try. My personal experience is a VERY pleasant one and I'm very pleased to say, I'm still using their products. They are rich with an olive oil base, non-irritating, simply PURE (very little ingredients) with a very pleasing fragrance of lavender or as they put it, "Olivander". The proof is in the puddin' as they say, and well, my skin I'm 47) is now the proof. It's soft, smooth, moisturized, and I haven't had any breakouts that I have gotten from other products on the market that I've used. You, and they, are right when you say that you don't need a whole cabinet of skincare products when you have good quality basic ones. Their CEO, Donna Harris is also one of the more friendly, caring and helpful people I have spoken to in this very competitive world of skincare.
To all you others out there, let's not always be so negative to what you perceive as someone pulling the wool over your eyes. Try it first, then comment.
Peace!
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Well one reason I wouldn't try it is because lavender essential oil in recent studies has been found to be cytotoxic Embarassed
fireplug
5% products discount

Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, edenfield. One should be cautious in making such strong and seemingly informed statements. One sentence in Wikipedia (my assumption of your source of info) doesn't constitute a fact about anything. It's great for a quick lookup - but far from thorough. I've many times found totally incorrect info there. I just downloaded and read about a dozen pages of source scientific studies (a hard read but informative). The bottom line from what I could determine is that there are many pros and cons about lavender. And probably more pros. There are a LOT of complexities that need careful consideration and further study. I thought this was interesting because lavender has such a LONG history of medicinal use (i.e. going back to ancient times), plus it helps me (and others I know) with headaches. The authors of the studies I'm reading appear very objective (as doctors and scientists thankfully should be). They substantiate claims, discuss the significance of the concentrations, and admit when inconclusive. They do their homework. You might learn something from them. Personally, I wouldn't take a bath in it, but I'm sure not afraid of it. Most important, I wouldn't conclude anything at this point. Whoever wrote that statement in Wikipedia was a bit irresponsible IMO. If they read what I just read (and am still reading - whew...), they probably would have handled it differently. I wonder if anyone actually did. ???? Hmmm... btw: I personally know a lavender grower in CA that I have a lot of respect for (very sharp people). I'll drill there, too.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
fireplug wrote:
Hey, edenfield. One should be cautious in making such strong and seemingly informed statements. One sentence in Wikipedia (my assumption of your source of info) doesn't constitute a fact about anything. It's great for a quick lookup - but far from thorough. I've many times found totally incorrect info there. I just downloaded and read about a dozen pages of source scientific studies (a hard read but informative). The bottom line from what I could determine is that there are many pros and cons about lavender. And probably more pros. There are a LOT of complexities that need careful consideration and further study. I thought this was interesting because lavender has such a LONG history of medicinal use (i.e. going back to ancient times), plus it helps me (and others I know) with headaches. The authors of the studies I'm reading appear very objective (as doctors and scientists thankfully should be). They substantiate claims, discuss the significance of the concentrations, and admit when inconclusive. They do their homework. You might learn something from them. Personally, I wouldn't take a bath in it, but I'm sure not afraid of it. Most important, I wouldn't conclude anything at this point. Whoever wrote that statement in Wikipedia was a bit irresponsible IMO. If they read what I just read (and am still reading - whew...), they probably would have handled it differently. I wonder if anyone actually did. ???? Hmmm... btw: I personally know a lavender grower in CA that I have a lot of respect for (very sharp people). I'll drill there, too.

I don't use Wikipedia...the information is available on Pubmed. And thank you for being condescending Rolling Eyes

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15144499?ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Quote:
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) oil, chiefly composed of linalyl acetate (51%) and linalool (35%), is considered to be one of the mildest of known plant essential oils and has a history in wound healing. Concerns are building about the potential for irritant or allergenic skin reactions with the use of lavender oil. This study has demonstrated that lavender oil is cytotoxic to human skin cells in vitro (endothelial cells and fibroblasts) at a concentration of 0.25% (v/v) in all cell types tested (HMEC-1, HNDF and 153BR). The major components of the oil, linalyl acetate and linalool, were also assayed under similar conditions for their cytotoxicity. The activity of linalool reflected that of the whole oil, indicating that linalool may be the active component of lavender oil. Linalyl acetate cytotoxicity was higher than that of the oil itself, suggesting suppression of its activity by an unknown factor in the oil. Membrane damage is proposed as the possible mechanism of action.

If you are part of a university or research institution you can get access to the full article. I am currently in school for dermatology and working in numerous clinical labs, some focusing specifically on essential oils.

There is lots and lots of research showing that lavender does have benefits for humans, but the majority, I think 34/35 studies I read used it as a fragrance, and didn't use it topically. The one that I did read that used it topically was in a vaginal application.
fireplug
5% products discount

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, edenfield. I apologize. I appreciate you sharing your credentials. It was the sheer brevity and self-assurance that made me question your true understanding, and hence the condescending tone. That was obviously in error.

The paragraph you quoted was in some of my reading. It is unquestionably the worst part about lavender, but still has overtones of uncertainties. (i.e. "building concerns", "This study", "at a concentration of", "suggesting", etc., etc.) It simply sounds like a lot more study is required. I also found a lot of totally contradictory data that supported healing properties. Who knows for sure? I doubt there is a simple answer.

You certainly have earned my respect, but I just hate when statements are made that project observations and opinions as genuine proofs and facts. THAT was what hit a nerve. I hope that we both learned something today. No hard feelings. Again, my apology for the rude tone.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hey fireplug it's me...bergquis again. I just wanted to mention to you that when people make statements, most of the time they are stating "what" they feel and not to take it personally. I know that I make statements such as "that stuff does not work"..or horrible, I would never use...but people know on the site that it is just "my" opinion, that is why we are all here, you can always rebut and say..."hey I love this or that"...but really and honestly, most people are so helpful and honest here, please give it some time to really read people's posts ect...we are all here to help and this is where I come when I am desperate..well let's face it..I come here daily. Thanks Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I thought that lavender was a common ingredient in many of the organic and natural skin care products. Isn't it? Confused

5% products discount

Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I think it's safe to state that is a fact, Septembergirl. I've been doing my homework and finding some VERY interesting info. That ONE single study in 2004 (quoted from above), has been highly criticized as being unscientific and in violation many protocols of a quality study, nor has it even been validated from what I can find so far. Retractions have been asked requested. FYI: I have access to the full PubMed database. I'll pull some of this together and provide a more detailed response. But IMO, so far I'm not giving it much credit at all. Frankly, almost ALL essential oils can be bashed. It's their nature due to their extreme potency. Informed, knowledgeable, responsible use of them is the key here. Surely that will vary from company to company. Back to what NaturOli is doing with lavender, I've only seen very responsible actions, and they are like a totally open book about it. IMO they know their stuff, are trustworthy, and really care about our health concerns. More to come as I have time.

Hey bergquis! Thank you for your honest, sincere and level headed insight. You are a great asset to this forum.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
thanks fireplug! Cheers Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
fireplug wrote:
Yes. I think it's safe to state that is a fact, Septembergirl. I've been doing my homework and finding some VERY interesting info. That ONE single study in 2004 (quoted from above), has been highly criticized as being unscientific and in violation many protocols of a quality study, nor has it even been validated from what I can find so far. Retractions have been asked requested. FYI: I have access to the full PubMed database. I'll pull some of this together and provide a more detailed response. But IMO, so far I'm not giving it much credit at all. Frankly, almost ALL essential oils can be bashed. It's their nature due to their extreme potency. Informed, knowledgeable, responsible use of them is the key here. Surely that will vary from company to company. Back to what NaturOli is doing with lavender, I've only seen very responsible actions, and they are like a totally open book about it. IMO they know their stuff, are trustworthy, and really care about our health concerns. More to come as I have time.

Hey bergquis! Thank you for your honest, sincere and level headed insight. You are a great asset to this forum.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, the research methods were solid and are similar to the ones that most cosmetic companies use to create "clinically proven results". As well there are at least 2 other that I know of that explore genotoxicity of lavender essential oil.
fireplug
5% products discount

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi endenfield, Isn't it wonderful that we can do so? I hope we never take that for granted. If you are ever so inclined, shoot me a private email with some specifics on those reports so I can find and study them first hand. I'm not sure what you are reading. It's a maze. Some of this I don't think people will care about, given the Greek that a lot of it is in. Your call. I still rely somewhat on the NaturOli folks for a lot for direction at least. They get back to you and are about the only ones that are genuinely informative and helpful regarding resources. Bare in mind, I have a job and life, too. This is SO time consuming! It's hard work. Exclamation
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |