Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you use before you go clubbing or when wanna look...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Smashing?

I was just recently introduced to "body gloss"....I love it!

Is there other stuff you guys use before you go out at night? Or even when you just wanna look like a god/goddess during the day?
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Great question, I want to know too. For me, I really do my hair in a glamous style. Usually curly (some style that I don't do on a regular basis) and I really do up my eyes.

What is Body Gloss?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I like using fine milled flesh toned shimmer powders, it does not make you look like a piece of walking glitter, it helps to enhance the glow of any skintone.

I also really like Paul & Joe's Pressed Powder N which is 1/2 a shade lighter than my skintone and I get lots of compliments when I use it during the day - there is a lot of finely milled GOLD shimmer which suits a day look.

Another combination I use is the PUre Luxe line erase in Banana underneath the La Mer loose powder, makes the skin lighten up but it melts into the skin very nicely and brightens to complexion well. You can be heavy handed with the loose powder for an evening look.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Please explain body gloss- sounds like something I want!

CG
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Are you talking about the new Body Gloss that's the new Palmer's Cocoa Butter moisturiser? I bought (yet another) big bottle of their cocoa butter lotion and it was a special promo pack that had a tube of Body Gloss with it.

I quite like the Body Gloss, it makes my arms and calves all glowy and looking smooth.

Or is there another body gloss that we don't know of...?

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
It's not the Palmers stuff, I found that too whitening, thick and sparkly..

This is just a body lotion that goes on and makes your skin look...shiny without sparkles..but its not greasy.

I got it off of a girlfriend, decanted it...will find out what it is when she gets home from vacay.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really do my makeup any different...perhaps do my eye makeup more prominent? It's not that I don't want to look smashing or anything but it's just that I dont know how to get the look I want! Sad

I see most girls with smokey eyes and stuff usually when clubbing. Shimmers & stuff too.
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
It is interesting, i know Benefit body so fine, which make your arms and legs looks silky.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
may2008 wrote:
It is interesting, i know Benefit body so fine, which make your arms and legs looks silky.

maybe that is it..

it gives you that sexy sweaty ive just been romping around with a hot boy look...but without actually being sweaty and greasy and your hair still looks great hehe!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
The benefit body so fine is a balm though, not a gloss or cream.

I hope your friend comes back soon so we can find out what the body gloss is and go buy this stuff!
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
should i break into her place?

will that stand up in court? "But judge, please! I just had to know what that lotion was!!!"
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:06 am      Reply with quote
[quote="may2008"]It is interesting, i know Benefit body so fine, which make your arms and legs looks silky.[/quote]

I have bought this before, but it is very greasy and the dress will get the pigment which cannot be washed easily.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
i just checked out the body so fine balm from Benefit yesterday. It did not look good on me at all! I can see how it would look good on lighter skinned persons. But I am a golden tan color and it looked ashy on me.

It didnt feel that good on either. But for all you pale skinned ladies out there, apparently if you put the body so fine balm on your legs then it looks like you have nylons on.

edenfield- I think you should break in to her house- it may hold up in court- beauty emergency???
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I went in search of the Palmer's body gloss today, 7 places later, no one has heard of it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I went in search of the Palmer's body gloss today, 7 places later, no one has heard of it.

Where are you located, bergquis?

Here's the Palmer's site (U.S.):
http://www.etbrowne.com/products/Collection.aspx?CollectionID=27

I see it here at Drugstore.com:
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp84181_333181_sespider/palmers/cocoa_butter_formula_body_gloss.htm

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
What about Body Bling by Scott Barnes? There's Platinum and Original.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |