Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
:: Review :: ***Pangea Lip Balm***& Facial Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Pangea Lip Balm - Italian Red Mandarin with Rose (vitamin-rich)

I noticed that EDS got Pangea products in and decided to give them a try. I got the Pangea Facial Cleanser Egyptian Calendula & Blood Orange and the Pangea lip balm. I like the Cleanser, found it easy to apply and rinse off but I do prefer a foaming cleanser. It does remove makeup (the Dr. Hauschka bronze concentrate)very well and comes in an eco friendly box and you can soak in water and plant as it has seeds inside the box itself.

What I really liked was the lip balm. I got the Red Mandarin with Rose. I found it soothing and made my lips very soft and it lasts. I plan on trying the shower gel and body moisturizer next.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Rufus! It's nice to see comments and reviews on some different products for a change.

We've used the Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom Shower Gel before but as a hand wash by the sink. I just loved the way it smelled, like a slightly spicey lavender
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I was really intrigued by this vitamin-rich lip balm from Pangea as I saw it was added to the New Products-section on EDS.

I just have to finish about 10 other lip balms before I order it...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
What are the ingredients in the lip balms? EDS doesn't list them. TIA.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
What are the ingredients in the lip balms? EDS doesn't list them. TIA.

Go here:

http://www.pangeaorganics.com/pangea-organics-lipcare.html

Then click on the full ingredient list.

And here:

http://www.pangeaorganics.com/pangea-organics-pangea-institue.html

For an ingredient glossary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
We've used the Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom Shower Gel before but as a hand wash by the sink. I just loved the way it smelled, like a slightly spicey lavender

I'm thining either the Lavender with Cardamom or Malagasy Ylang Ylang & Linden Flower. Think

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I was just about to post a review of the Pangea Lip balm and saw this thread so am adding my review here Smile

I LOVE this! I have the 'Egyptian Fennel with Grapefruit & Sweet Orange' and it smells great - mostly the sweet orange comes through...
It is colourless and goes on really smooth and easily. It really nourishes and heals my lips well and is the balm I turn to when my lips are dry as well as for a light gloss look during the day. I LOVE the fact that I am putting only natural ingredients on - no petroleum and nasty chemical fragrances etc!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Does it actually give a light glossy effect? Is it shimmery, or more like a "wet" gloss? TIA. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Does it actually give a light glossy effect? Is it shimmery, or more like a "wet" gloss? TIA. Smile

I wouldn't call it glossy in the obvious way that some "wet" glosses and it's not shimmery. Just the lightest gloss to the lips and it is very moisturizing. I've tried the Italian Mandarin with Rose and the Egyptian Fennel with Grapefruit & Sweet Orange. Both are nice but I like the smell of the Sweet Orange the best. Actually I've ordered the facial moisturizer with the Ylang Ylang in it and can't wait to try it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Rufus. Another product from the line that I am curious about, is the Pangea Face Mask Japanese Matcha Tea with acai and goji berry. This sounds like some very healthy stuff, but I am unsure how well it will work when applied topically. I wonder if anyone has tried this mask.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl - sorry my wording probably gave the impression of the lip balm being a "gloss" but it is more a shine/ sheen. I don't tend to wear lipstick during the day so this just gives my lips a nice moist but natural look Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:52 am      Reply with quote
sal-star wrote:
Septembergirl - sorry my wording probably gave the impression of the lip balm being a "gloss" but it is more a shine/ sheen. I don't tend to wear lipstick during the day so this just gives my lips a nice moist but natural look Smile

This sounds excellent to me. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to know EDS is carrying this....

Sis
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I also have the Pangea Italian Red Mandarin with Rose lip balm and like Rufus I like it very much. Makes the lips so soft. Very soothing and no, it is not glossy or shimmery -just moisturizing.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who wants a lip balm with a hint of colour there is Apivita Propoline with Black Currant & Olive oil. They have a rose coloured balm with just the slightest coloured sheen. This balm is a bit more glossy than the Pangea.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
For anyone who wants a lip balm with a hint of colour there is Apivita Propoline with Black Currant & Olive oil. They have a rose coloured balm with just the slightest coloured sheen. This balm is a bit more glossy than the Pangea.

I'll google this! Thanks...
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
sal-star wrote:
I LOVE this! I have the 'Egyptian Fennel with Grapefruit & Sweet Orange' and it smells great - mostly the sweet orange comes through...It is colourless and goes on really smooth and easily. It really nourishes and heals my lips well and is the balm I turn to when my lips are dry as well as for a light gloss look during the day. I LOVE the fact that I am putting only natural ingredients on - no petroleum and nasty chemical fragrances etc!

My EDS box finally arrived in the mail today with this! Very Happy I got the fennel with grapefruit and sweet orange, too, and I'm happy to report that it satisfies my lip balm * spam alert * really well. I especially like texture -- very smooth but not overly waxy. My HG was DHC's Lip Calm, but I'm trying to move away from parabens... I might honestly like this even more without the light citrus taste, which is really pleasant, but not my thing for a HG night lip balm... Nevertheless, I love the extra chubby shape of the tube, and I think it'll be a great "day" staple. Really lovely!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have the fennel with grapefruit one and like it as well. i am going to try their body line next.
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wow all this fruityness, delish. =]

I'm quite fond of their lipbalms.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Thank you. I was really intrigued by this vitamin-rich lip balm from Pangea as I saw it was added to the New Products-section on EDS.

I just have to finish about 10 other lip balms before I order it...

haha, me too! I am buying too much lip balms already..., now i can use like different lip balm everyday Laughing
Maggiehgz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I will buy all of them after the review, even I have Dr. H, Caulide, Decleor...already, I like to try difference brands of lip stick.
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Love the fennel with grapefruit. This stuff is incredible. Last forever,makes your lips fell amazing!
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I want to find more organic or natural skin care. Is this suitable for sensitive skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
I want to find more organic or natural skin care. Is this suitable for sensitive skin?

I have sensitive skin and have found Pangea products don't cause any problems for me. My personal favorites remain their lip balm.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |