Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your take on MAC's volcanic ash exfoliator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm a frequent reader of http://lizz1901.blogspot.com/ and there, Liz posted some before and after photos using MAC's volcanic ash exfoliator and WOW Shock , the results are very noticeable. Her skin is amazing anyway, but after using it, her face is whiter and clearer

I read that some places in the US have sold out on this, has anyone used it yet?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked out your link, and the results are dramatic!
I tried looking online for it, but US MAC online is sold out. I am going to check out the canadian stores tomorrow to try it.
Hopefully it works as good on me as it did on the lady in the blog.
Thanks for bringing this product to our attention!
CG
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so I just called around a few canadian mac stores in the vancouver area and they are all sold out of the volcanic ash exfoliator as well. It looks like they are sold out worldwide and are not getting any more in as it was a limited product!

I hate it when MAC does this! They put out a product for a limited time, and everyone loves it and then they never bring it back! This has happened to me with a contour blush brush, and a sophia loren inspired lipstick.

Oh well, maybe it is a good thing that I didn't get to try the volcanic ash exfoliator then!

CG
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CG
I read somewhere that people want MAC to make the exfoliator permanent, so hopefully MAC takes that into consideration. I checked Ebay the other day and wow some bidding wars going on there Wink . The product was nearly double the RRP
In Liz's blog (link above), she mentions a website called madebeautiful that offers a teaspoon sample of the exfoliator :
http://madebeautiful.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2551638
The S+H is very reasonable but I'm on a no-buy atm Mad
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
There were alot of packaging issues with the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator so alot of that is why it's sold out, because of damaged stock. 90% of the shipment we got in at my Home Store [warwick, RI] couldn't be sold. Though, I'm sure that'll be fixed.

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you guys are right and they bring this product back!

But I am on a ban from buying beauty products as well!

I've spent too much money on my last EDS orders!

CG
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Nemo!AtTheDisco wrote:
There were alot of packaging issues with the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator so alot of that is why it's sold out, because of damaged stock. 90% of the shipment we got in at my Home Store [warwick, RI] couldn't be sold. Though, I'm sure that'll be fixed.

Thanks for the insider info Nemo!
Do you have any idea when the exfoliator is available for purchase outside of US?
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Nemo!AtTheDisco wrote:

Thanks for the insider info Nemo!
Do you have any idea when the exfoliator is available for purchase outside of US?

Aside from the North American launch dates, the Asia Exclusive Launch dates are totally different & I can't guarantee it'll launch anywhere else. Sorry. I'll keep you posted.

HTH

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Was this only available at MAC stores or did the dept stores also carry? I noticed this was sold out last week on the website.
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
It launched in all MAC Accounts. Stores & Dept. Stores.

HTH!

Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this over the weekend, it's on the UK site. I'm happy with my Karin Herzog Mild Scrub as an exfoliant but for some reason really wanted to try this.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Sel, please let us know what you think of the exfoliator when you use it Smile
I might jsut break my no-buy for this exfoliator Embarassed
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I hope they start selling it again. I would love to try this scrub. Can anyone tell me the ingredients listed on the packaging?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am quite sure that volcanic ash is just bentonite clay...

I have used bentonite clay masks before and they do leave your skin very white and perfect looking..it might be possibly it is not rinsing cleanly and leaving behind silt..who knows!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'll definitely update once I've received it. I'm hoping it'll arive tomorrow morning because i'm not going to be at home for the rest of the week.....
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Good luck Sel!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients:
sucrose, sodium lauroyl lactylate, disodium coco-glucoside sulfosuccinate, lauramidopropyl betaine, volcanic ash, methyl gluceth-20, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, ethylhexylglycerin, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, sodium cocoyl glutamate, fragrance (parfum), phenoxyetanol, iron oxides

I purchased the last two jars at the counter at Belk last week. I'll post a review after using it a bit. I have very sensitive skin and only test new products on one part of my face (most sensitive) before using it all over.
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the list cuties! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Okay, so I went a bit crazy.
I ordered 4 jars of this stuff off of ebay. I was going to order only one, but then I got a little out of control after reading all of the good reviews on this product, and thought I better stock up.
Anyways I paid too much for each jar. On average it cost me $40 per jar and then $30 in shipping, for a total of $190 total. Now that I am typing this out- I feel really stupid!
Well I tried this "wonder" product, and to tell you the truth the skin on my face looked exactly the same. I've used it 3 times, and can't really see what all the hype is about.
Nemo is right about the bad packaging. So far I've recieve 3 of the jars and 2 of them were leaking.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |