Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

UGlowGirl Mineral makeup Users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I am planning to use UGlowGirl Mineral foundation and finishing powder but before that I wanted to have your advice who are already using it.
I have very sensitive and acne prone skin. Any day if I put on makeup foundation...by evening I have huge acne so..I am planning to switch to mineral.
Is this line is safe for acne prone sensitive skin?
Please advice me..
Thanks in advance..

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I have been using mineral make-up for many years now, and the past year of use has been utilzing U Glo Girl...found out about UGG last year and thought I would give it a try as I had not found the right color match for me in other brands.

I have acne prone skin (wouldn't say it was sensitive however) and I have no issues with the UGG mineral make-up - found my color match so I am very happy! I also like UGG as the finish leaves my skin looking 'creamy' for lack of a better word. Its not too matte, not shiny, stays on for the day, doesn't turn orange, and doesn't make my skin itchy.

Order a few samples to see how it goes for you - they are generous sizes and will last you a few weeks so you will be able to get a good idea of how your skin will cope with it. Plus it gives you a chance to find a color match as you will need to try out a few colors to see what works for you. I have not tried the finishing powder as I don't need it...you may find you don't need it either, so order a sample and try the minerals without it one day and then with the finishing powder the next.

If I may make two suggestions:
1)mineral make-up looks better if you 'set' it with a spray of some sort after application. The spray helps the minerals melt (visually) into the skin and not look 'powdery'. I have UGG's spray hydrascentuals and quite like it - they sell samples of that so you might want to order some of that. I also have tried plain Avene spray water, but didn't like the finished look of it over my mineral make-up as much.

2) you will need to get a good mineral make-up brush - the brush will make (or break) your experience with the minerals! If you have sensitive skin look for a synthetic brush as a brush with real bristle make my skin itchy and would think it would be worse for you with sensitive skin. I tried the UGG flat top buffer but didn't like it as much as my Alima #25 (found it too dense, but it is a great quality brush and you may like it). Also tried a Bobbi Brown kabuki but didn't like that for the natural bristles as well as the shape...I prefer a flatter top brush myself.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post here or pm me. I would be happy to answer them!
Cheers
LJ604
5% products discount

Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
Hello! I have been using mineral make-up for many years now, and the past year of use has been utilzing U Glo Girl...found out about UGG last year and thought I would give it a try as I had not found the right color match for me in other brands.

I have acne prone skin (wouldn't say it was sensitive however) and I have no issues with the UGG mineral make-up - found my color match so I am very happy! I also like UGG as the finish leaves my skin looking 'creamy' for lack of a better word. Its not too matte, not shiny, stays on for the day, doesn't turn orange, and doesn't make my skin itchy.

Order a few samples to see how it goes for you - they are generous sizes and will last you a few weeks so you will be able to get a good idea of how your skin will cope with it. Plus it gives you a chance to find a color match as you will need to try out a few colors to see what works for you. I have not tried the finishing powder as I don't need it...you may find you don't need it either, so order a sample and try the minerals without it one day and then with the finishing powder the next.

If I may make two suggestions:
1)mineral make-up looks better if you 'set' it with a spray of some sort after application. The spray helps the minerals melt (visually) into the skin and not look 'powdery'. I have UGG's spray hydrascentuals and quite like it - they sell samples of that so you might want to order some of that. I also have tried plain Avene spray water, but didn't like the finished look of it over my mineral make-up as much.

2) you will need to get a good mineral make-up brush - the brush will make (or break) your experience with the minerals! If you have sensitive skin look for a synthetic brush as a brush with real bristle make my skin itchy and would think it would be worse for you with sensitive skin. I tried the UGG flat top buffer but didn't like it as much as my Alima #25 (found it too dense, but it is a great quality brush and you may like it). Also tried a Bobbi Brown kabuki but didn't like that for the natural bristles as well as the shape...I prefer a flatter top brush myself.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post here or pm me. I would be happy to answer them!
Cheers

I love u glo girl's bronzer. Do you have any tips for helping mineral makeup stay? I use the spray to set it..but 1/2 way through the day it starts to melt off my oily skin.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have found UGG is a mineral make-up that stays put on my normal skin, so I don't have any specific advice I have tried myself. I generally will apply a very light layer all over my face. Then I go back and apply another layer on areas that I need a bit more coverage (like my chin and jaw where I have some acne scars)

That said, I have read on various mineral make-up blogs that applying finishing powder underneath/before mineral make-up helps with oil control. Perhaps oily skin would benefit from trying the finishing powder?

The type or brand of spray does make a difference. I really like the UGG spray with the UGG minerals, however if you are already using the UGG spray, perhaps another would work differently...I used to use Aubrey Organics spray (and really like it!)with my other minerals but it was too heavy/moisturizing with the UGG minerals and made my face look greasy. Avene water was too matte looking - you might want to try it with oily skin as its available in smaller bottles so it won't cost a lot to experiment with it.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much myamax for your reply.
You ladies here on this forum are so helpful and full of knowledge. Thnx so much everybody for your valuable advice and replies to my so many queries...Smile

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |