Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Purging from MMU?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Is it normal to purge from MMU? Some MMU companies are saying that if you break out from the MMU, it's normal cuz your skin is purging from the natural minerals. After the purging, your skin will be nice & clear. Is this normal? Anyone experienced that? So your skin will get worse till it gets better? hhm...
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I am not buying that purging is normal w/use of mineral makeup. It is not the make up is getting in your pores and supposedly "cleaning" them out that is why you are purging (like a cleanser/treatment) might do. I say if you are having breakouts, (more than normal, if you have breakouts) than your skin is not agreeing with the makeup or the ingredients. Does the Mineral Makeup you are using contain bismouth oxy? (spelling is wrong)I know that ingredient can be an irritant for many ladies. For me, I use mineral makeup when necessary, because liquid is not an option, however any time, I mean any time I use any kind of mineral makeup (and I have tried too many to list), my pores get clogged, almost immediately. I can apply in the AM, and by noon I have clogged pores. So I try to only use this as touch up, when I have really red, discolored skin, I patch apply. Otherwise, my skin would be one big zit daily!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi bergquis, which MMU r u using? It sounds scary that u have clogged pores almost right away. The MMU I'm using doesn't have Bismuth in it. I don't really break out a lot from it just a bit... so I'm not sure if it's the MMU or not...
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using "TRUE" cosmetics. It does not contain Bis. Oxy, but that has really never been a problem for me anyway. My skin just does not like makeup. It can not breath, I am guessing is the problem. I try just to do touch up with Concealer and maybe a light dusting if all necessary!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I disagree with that, MMU should not cause purging. It silly that even imply that.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
So I guess MMU company just say that for u to continue using it? hhm... Sad
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Is it normal to purge from MMU? Some MMU companies are saying that if you break out from the MMU, it's normal cuz your skin is purging from the natural minerals. After the purging, your skin will be nice & clear. Is this normal? Anyone experienced that? So your skin will get worse till it gets better? hhm...

What MMU line are you using? What MMU company has said this? I have tried about 20 different companies and did not have any skin issues. Also I have not heard of anyone "purging" on the delphi forum mineralmakeupmania. (A forum all about MMU) Sometimes people will have allergies to bismuth or sometimes mica.

There is hundreds of MMU companies. I would try another foundation.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt it for MMU.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm using Lauress right now. I'm not sure if my bumps are the result of using their makeup as I get the "occasional" bumps. But it just seems like my skin is a bit congested recently.

Both Lauress and Everyday Minerals said that it's normal to experience breakouts as your skin is purging. They said after the purging, your skin will clear up and look better.
Annie B
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I just stopped using Bare Minerals because I am absolutely convinced that the bismuth oxychloride it contains has been causing my mild acne. I'm now on the hunt for a better makeup.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
U know what, I'm really not sure if MMU is clogging my pores or not...cuz my skin seems to be getting better and then it'll get worse again. It's hard to tell...
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
may be you have these "monthly" breakouts?
this is the case with me being 30 I still get them Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Aiva, yeah I definitely get those monthly breakouts... not sure if u get them before or after your period. For me, it's not predictable...it can occur before or after, so annoying! Mad

As u see, it's hard for me sometimes to determine whether a product is breaking me out or not unless it's very bad like breaking out in places that I rarely break out before.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Stardustdy

Aiva, yeah I definitely get those monthly breakouts... not sure if u get them before or after your period. For me, it's not predictable...it can occur before or after, so annoying!

As u see, it's hard for me sometimes to determine whether a product is breaking me out or not unless it's very bad like breaking out in places that I rarely break out before.

I am with you Stardustdy! My breakouts and/or clogged pores are so unpredictable. I am not sure about you, but for me sometimes I feel like my products, whether it be my cleanser or my makeup are causing clogged pores/or breakouts, so I stop it, they clear up and then without using the products they come back again. It is so unpredictable. It does not have to be that time of the month, and just when I think "oh good" my spots are fading, I wake up and have three more, that I will have to nurse back to health. But no rhyme or reason.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
hmm... it`s more complicated when the breakouts are unpredictable. Then you cannot see what causes the breakout - a product or just "your time".
I get mine always before my periods and yes, it is annoying Mad
when I was a teenager I thought it is temporary... then I thought ok, one more year and it will be over... but now I know it won`t Laughing
Stardusty, in your case you can only judge if a product is breaking you out or not, when you try it while your skin is pimple-free.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
bergquis, I'm with u when u said that even after stopping using the products, the breakout comes back again. So then it makes me wonder if it's really the products that causing the breakouts or it's just a coincidence.

Aiva, the problem with breakouts is it doesn't happen right away when using a new product. There's usually a 2-week waiting period before you see the eruption! Confused
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |