Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
RAVE: Best Bath Store Dead Sea Mud Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am Very Happy

This Best Bath Store Dead Sea Mud Mask shown here: Image

is the greatest stuff ever! It firms the skin so nicely and I swear I feel like I'm 18 again. after rinsing off the mask my skin is so soft and firm - I love it!!! Highly recommended!!!

It's also only $20 which is great because my former previous favorite mud mask (Espa) was $80
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this mud mask before in a sample size, and it felt hot on my skin. I did not see anything major in the feel and appearance of my skin after using it though. I only tried it one time. I still have more to try again, but haven't been motivated because I did not see a good result the first time. Maybe I should try again.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Try this one:
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask

I really like it. Good cleaning mask.
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
ruk1, when did you last try it? When I spoke to them they told me this is a new formula like only a week old. I bet if you call them up they'll send you a free sample I got them to send me some free samples before I ordered the full size mask. The girl I spoke to was Nina. It's worth a shot!
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
jhelenhan, the Dr Hauschka mask is pretty good but it's really expensive and it dries my skin out a bit leaving it red. I found the one from Best Bath Store to be more gentle. Do you know anywhere else you can get a dead sea mud mask for $20, preferably a place that'll ship me a sample or a place I can go to to see it firsthand (I'm in NYC) Smile Thanks!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
jones10021 wrote:
ruk1, when did you last try it? When I spoke to them they told me this is a new formula like only a week old. I bet if you call them up they'll send you a free sample I got them to send me some free samples before I ordered the full size mask. The girl I spoke to was Nina. It's worth a shot!

I tried it about 6 months ago, so it is definitely not the new formula. You can call and request free samples?
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, they charge $5 for the shipping but you can get up to 5 samples. I bet if you tell them you didn't like the old product and want to try the new one then thay'll send it at their cost. Ask to talk to Nina, she was really helpful with me helping me pick out stuff.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
jones10021 wrote:
jhelenhan, the Dr Hauschka mask is pretty good but it's really expensive and it dries my skin out a bit leaving it red. I found the one from Best Bath Store to be more gentle. Do you know anywhere else you can get a dead sea mud mask for $20, preferably a place that'll ship me a sample or a place I can go to to see it firsthand (I'm in NYC) Smile Thanks!

Jones, I bought one can of Dr Hauschka mask, and it goes a long way. I have used about 10 times so far, and it still has half a can. So it's really worthy of the money.

Besides, after you finished one can, you can buy a bag of Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask Refill. You may put it in the empty can. It's really an economic way.
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
jones10021, will this mask shrink pores? I need a really good mask that will shrink the pores on my nose.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Remy, I found the best way to shrink the pores is to first wash with as hot water as you can stand and use a good facial scrub and a facecloth. Then rinse clean and with a still wet face use this mud mask, then after it dries rinse it off with cold water and use a natural soap bar. Then splash as cold water as you can stand. I found that works really awesome to get blackheads out and to also shrink pores really small - helped me a lot of my forehead, that was my worst area before but now it's tight and nice. Can't say enough good stuff about this mud mask!
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
jones10021, thanks! I ordered a sample of the mask and a body bar. I should be getting them today. If it goes well I will reorder.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Btw, I’m on the Best Bath Store mailing list and just got this coupon this morning. The coupon code is: USA2008 which you need to enter during checkout. You save $17.76 off of an order of $74 or more. This is probably one of the biggest coupons I have seen them give.
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I took Jones advice and bought some samples from the Best Bath Store website...Has anyone ordered from them?

I was concerned b/c I ordered from them, and hadn't used my credit card after that purchase, and next thing you know I had unauthorized charges on my cc...

I can't remember if their website is secure or what type of security they have. Luckily, I was able to get the charges removed from my cc company. However, I just wanted to see if anyone encountered this or if this may just be one of those cases where you just never know how the cc info was obtained...

Take care everyone, and any info would be great or if you have any websites that you know are bad to order from please let me know!
bestbathstore
5% products discount

Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
gellys, this is the CEO of Best Bath Store. Please PM directly with your order #. We take allegations like this very seriously as we have the highest level of security out there. Not only do we employ a full time system admin we use Hacker Safe's Scan Alert service and VeriSign SSL certificate. Moderators please delete this post and the post by gellys as this is not appropriate on a public forum. I am simply posting here to get to the bottom of this. I feel it may be a competitor trying to disparage our good name. If it is someone who truly may have been affected we need to get to the bottom of things although I can be certain nobody had a credit card number breached through our online ordering process. We don't even store credit card numbers online. We use authorize.net for processing.
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
gellys, I ordered from the site and so far no weird charges. I will check my statement when it comes and let you know. Other than that I received my order in a matter of days and they were so kind to add an extra sample Smile.I hope you find out who is charging your credit card.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I believe it's just a coincidence that this all occurred...I never actually blamed Best Bath Store...I just made an observation that my CC was last used on the site...And I believe I stated, "I just wanted to see if anyone encountered this or if this may just be one of those cases where you just never know how the cc info was obtained..."

So I never directly said that it was fact that my CC info was obtained from the BBS site. Just to clarify. And I'm not too worried about it anymore because my CC company took care of the situation.

My intention was not to ruffle anyone's feathers here...I remember there were some threads here regarding certain sites and CC info being obtained through them etc...Just wanted to be safe than sorry. And thanks Remy for your concerns...
bestbathstore
5% products discount

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:40 am      Reply with quote
gellys, your quote of "I remember there were some threads here regarding certain sites and CC info being obtained through them etc..." implies we ever had a problem with credit card security - we never have. Nobody has even reported to have issues with credit cards on our site ever. you still have not provided me with your order #. I have no reason to believe you've ever even made an order at our site as you seem to simply be posting negative comments about us publicly but you have never called or emailed us. Legitimate customers when they have concerns contact the site directly where they have concerns! Please if you honestly feel there was an issue contact me directly, if you were trying to instigate something be sure to issue an apology and have the mods remove these posts ASAP or I will press to get your IP to have it matched to our orders. No order with your IP and this is libel - we will not tolerate libel! This is our lives and we work VERY hard at what we do. at this time I'm calling on Best Bath Store supporters to come out of the woodwork please and squash this. think of someone who never heard about us and sees a post about credit card security being poor.. you'll scare off our business for no reason. I am furious about this.
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Dear BBS,

Yes, I placed an order w/the site, and like I said I think it's a coincidence that this all occurred...Yes, I was a customer...I did buy something, and yes I received the products.

I'm not trying to do anything to upset you...I was honest to goodness concerned for a little bit and just asked some questions regarding this because I wasn't sure what to do...Yes, please forgive me for posting on EDS. From now on, I will directly contact you if an issue arises.

I hope you understand that my intention was not to upset ANYONE!!! Just to ask a question or two.
Mabsy

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Can we please direct this thread back to the topic at hand? The fact that apparently this is a really nice product? This is a public forum and people voice their concerns here. I've read through the posts and it does not appear that anyone accused anyone else of any CC fraud. Besides this, it is a well known fact that unauthorized charges can happen months after you use a CC in a dodgy place so the last place of purchase is not an indication.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I was intrigued by this product description and all set to purchase it until...I read the inappropriate and abrasive comments/threats from the CEO. There is no way that I will spend my money there now..

Anybody know of a similar product from another company? (Other than Dr. H's, that is)
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Okay so here is my short review of the mask. Keep in mind I only used a sample which lasted for a total of three uses (the last use I had to really make stretch). The first thing you notice is the really strong odor. It’s hard to ignore, but I did my best in the name of beauty. I left it on for 20 minutes. It felt like it was hard at work as I had it on. When I removed the mask my skin felt very clean. Other than that I did not see any improvements. Maybe they’re too subtle or I need to use the mask over a longer period? I know the ingredients sound very good so I’m debating on ordering a full tub to give it a second chance.

As for my bank statement the only weird charge was a small foreign transaction fee (like $3), which I think (not sure) was a result of ordering from EDS. I think they are located in Canada which I didn’t bother to check out before (I still love you EDS). Anyway, I hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I was intrigued by this product description and all set to purchase it until...I read the inappropriate and abrasive comments/threats from the CEO. There is no way that I will spend my money there now..

Anybody know of a similar product from another company? (Other than Dr. H's, that is)

You could check out PSF's (Pure Skin Formulations) mud mask although it's called PSF Acne Treatment Mask:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-acne-treatment-mud-p_4964.htm
In addition to EDS, you also can get PSF (including sample sizes for sale) directly thru their website: www.psfskincare.com

I tend to make my own mud masks using clay powder and organic apple cider vinegar, honey, some essential oils, etc. Aztec Secret Healing clay is great at pulling stuff out:
http://aztec-secret.com/Clay.htm
My local Whole Foods carries this as well as a French green clay. For dry skin like mine, next time I'm going to try Rhassoul or red clay... I got Moroccan red clay from NOW products online (NOW has great prices and a variety of clay powders for sale): www.thecatalog.com
http://www.thecatalog.com/8190.html

Also, do a search on the EDS forum and there are a number of threads on clay masks, etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I’ve been using Aztec Secret Healing Clay for years. The price is great and you can add whatever you want to better suit your skin. Using it with ACV rather than water gives the mask a better consistency and makes it stronger. After the clay mask I use a yogurt and honey mask.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
The CEO of Best Bath store reached out to me and offered to let me try this mask for free. Remember, I was not impressed with the way that he posted to Gellys (above) so I definitely appreciated his efforts to try and better the situation. I have used the mask twice and I have to say that it is quite nice. I hate the way that mud masks dry hard and tight but this doesn't do that. It dries some but not to the crack stage. I am guessing maybe it is due to the honey in it. Anyway, I found it to be quite soothing, rather than drying like some mud masks are, and it gave my skin a nice glow afterwards.
The ingredients list is excellent as well.

Given the excellent customer service that Justin, the CEO, provided to me, I decided to sample many of his products and have since ordered full sizes of several. Along with the mask, I really like the Eye Cream, the Acne Bar, the Acne gel, and the Dead Sea soap. The Dead Sea scrub is very nice but a bit too much for my tender Retin A-treated facial skin. I liked it for my decollete' though.

Overall, very high quality products at reasonable prices.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered a sample of this as well as a couple of other skin care samples, hopefully will have great results.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |