Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dianayvonne vitamin C serum???????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody tried this? it's a 25% serum with HA and distilled water base. I'm sorely tempted because of the HA, but then I saw the price - $36 and thought is that just too cheap? I know that with SC etc that you are paying for product development, but it does seem unbelievably cheap! I'm drawing up the shopping list now and that price is tempting...I could buy sooooooo much more Laughing

Any thoughts?
Liz Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Price sounds very tempting to me too. I never heard of that brand or reputation of company. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a couple of things from DY. I wasn't 100% happy with the texture but the products were still pretty good I thought. I haven't tried the vit C serum though - so I'm of not much help here sorry Sad
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I think I'll go for it...at that price, if I don't like it I can always use it elsewhere! It also means that I can then spend nearly $100 extra on BE eyeglimmers and Dr H! (gotta get my free P&P Laughing )
God I'm so excited I can't concentrate on college! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I just hate to see water as an ingredient with vitamin C. Is it L-ascorbic acid? I guess the Cellex-C (that uses water, too) seems to have so many problems with stability and turning on people, seems like water is not a good idea as a base for vitamin C. You'll just have to use it up quickly and make sure you cap it tightly, don't shake it, keep in dark place, etc. Which Dr. H. are you going to buy?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
well the SC is JUST water base...at least this has some HA which I know my face loves Very Happy My SC which ran out last week, was still very pale right up until I finished it, so I guess it hadn't deteriorated that much. I know you like the cellularskin and I'm using it at the mo, but I really do not like the feel of it! It's fine when it's on, but...oh I don't know! It doesn't have the zing I get from the SC!

As for Dr H I'm going for the rose cream and rejuvenating mask...I may let mini-me put some on her zits if she's good Laughing ooooh I can't wait!

5% products discount

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guapagirl,

I use skin bio's products regularly but not Vitamin C and I purchase them from DY. I use the SRCPs and have been for about 6 months. I am just now starting to see some great results! I had problems with the "bad stage" people go through but thankfully that has cleared up and I love the skin I am seeing now! I didn't realize Skin Bio made a vitamin C serum. I also thought that the two didn't "mix" and that you have to use them on alternate days.
Tazlady
5% products discount

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I just checked DY's website and see there are three different Vitamin C Serums - 10%, 12% and 25%. How does a person know what percentage is right for them?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tazlady!
I'm going to use the 25% one as I've been using 20% in skinceuticals...hope it's as good! As regards mixing, skin bio said that there are no negative effects with mixing reported, but they do cancel each other out, so I'm going to start with the CP 2-3 nights a week and use the C in the mornings. Apparantly that will be ok, though DY recommended that I use roobios serum instead, but given the lack of info, I think I'll hang fire.
With regard to the 'bad stage' with SRCPs, how long does it take for that to kick in and how long does it last?
Liz Cool

5% products discount

Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:39 am      Reply with quote
The bad stage for me started after about 2 months which I understand it unusual. I had awful looking skin and my eyes especially took a beating from the Night Eyes. I was going to fast with the products I have now learned (CP Serum/Exfol Cream/P & R Classic twice daily and night eyes 7 days a week. My skin screamed at me and man did I pay for it! I am still having trouble with night eyes and cannot use it or else I get the wrinkly red irritated eyes. I am only using diluted CP serum on my eyes now. As soon as I stopped using the products my skin returned to normal, so if it happens to you, just quit until you have no irritation and then begin again slowly. It sounds like your routine with 2-3 nights a week will be just fine. Good luck!! You'll love your skin in a few months, I promise!
Tazlady
5% products discount

Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Guapagirl, one thing to keep in mind, "less is more" with CPs. Also, the awful looking skin in the damaged skin coming to the surface. Underneath that skin is a whole new beautiful layer but it takes time! Once again, good luck!
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
is it just me or all these acronym's confusing??? cp, dy, ha....feel like i'm on a military base....lol i think i got sc - skinescentuals - or maybe not cause c is way down there...??? ha=hauschuka??
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
ok never mind about dy saw dianayvonne was listed on the heading of post...sorry Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
sorry fairly fair...I'm very lazy and they have such long names!
sc =skinceuticals
dr h =dr haushcka
ha= hyaluronic acid
cp= copper peptides
cprs=cp remodelling serums
dy=dianayvonne

I do generally use 'stuff' for those who have no interest in such things Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the acro translation - i didn't do too bad afterall, i figured out most except cp and cp serum!! my hubby does the same thing 2 me when he comes home from work - talking in acronyms. lol=laugh out loud hahahaha
Mabsy

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Tazlady,

If you have never used a vit C serum then it's a good idea to start off with the lowest concentration. If your skin is pretty tough then you can probably start with a higher concentration.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |