Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Dr Hauschka: how does it work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nixon
5% products discount

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone had taken part in the "discovery center introductory experience" with a Dr Hauschka discover center?

I am booked in to attend on this evening. Apparently they (and I quote from the DH Australian website:

"The Dr.Hauschka Discovery Centre is dedicated to providing the ideal introductory experience for people who have not used Natural, Organic and Holistic skin care products and Dr.Hauschka Skin Care in particular.

A key part of the educational experience is a hands on training in Hydration, using Organic Cotton Face Compresses and Dr.Hauschka aromatic bath oils. This is a key to establishing a new personal rhythm, leading to better sleep, a feeling of Harmony and Balance and radiant healthy skin.

The Introductory Session takes about an hour and can, if you wish, include a viewing of a 15 minute video on the philosophy and production of Dr.Hauschka Skin Care in Germany while your face is being nourished and nurtured by one of the masks.

The Introductory Session includes:

Skin Condition Assesssment
Warm Lavender Hydration Compressing
Cleansing
Facial Steam Bath
Clay Mask
Rhythmic Ampoule Application
Lemon or Lavender Compressing
Understanding Moisturisers
Decorative Cosmetics (if desired)

I'm booked in with a friend and really looking forward to it, but just thought I'd see if anyone else had attended.
Nixon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I don’t know if this will be helpful, but here goes anyway…..

I was looking into purchasing some Dr H products – I liked the idea of their philosophies of using all natural ingreidents –but I was completely stuck as to which products I would need for my skin and in what order I would need to apply them.

I was checking out the Australia Dr H website and came across the ‘Discovery center’ section. I booked my self and a girlfriend in for a $30 / 1 hour session of D-I-Y facial cleansing and skin rebalancing.

Skin Condition Assessment; Warm Lavender Hydration Compressing;Cleansing
Facial Steam Bath; Clay Mask; Rhythmic Ampoule Application; Lemon or Lavender Compressing
Understanding Moisturisers; Decorative Cosmetics (if desired)

Basically, the consultant at the center talked us through a regime suitable for our skin types and most importantly taught us HOW to apply the Dr H products.

There was a lot more to just the cleansing and toning.

For example: Dr H promotes a policy of “No rubbing or scrubbing” – a pressing technique is employed when applying the products.

Dr H doesn’t recommend the use of cotton pads for applying cleansing cream or toner – the reason being that the cotton absorbs the skins natural oils. The only time cotton pads are used is when applying the Cleansing Milk and that’s for make up removal more so than anything (for my skin condition anyway).

There seems to be a lot more to Dr H than any of the product lines I have used in the past and the consultant didn’t push me into buying anything at all – in fact she invited me back to try another cleansing clay mask at no extra cost before I even consider buying any of the full size products. I did however get the travel size normal/dry skin from EDS a week ago, so I have been able to piece together my regime through buying a couple of things from the Discovery centre and my travel kit.

My regime now entails:

Night time:
Cleansing milk to remove make up
Warm Sage Hydration Compressing
Cream cleanser to really clean the skin and unblock pores
Spray and press of the clarifying toner
That would be the end for the majority of the year, but because I’m in my 30’s – 3 times a year I will use the Rhythmic night ampoules for 28 days straight

No moisturisers at night – the theory being that at night the skin creates the natural oils and expels toxins etc – if I continued to apply moisturiser at night - the less my skin would naturally create the oils and cleanse itself. It backs up the theory “the get older, the dryer your skin gets”. Hopefully I will be able to break that habit now.

The day regime is the same except that after toning I will use the Quince Day Cream with a squirt of the normalising day oil mixed in.

We also had a facial steam bath and mixed up our own clay mask – the mask I used the rejuvenating cream, quince day cream, the normalising day oil, some of the clarifying toner and a few other bits and pieces. It was great to be able to make your own – depending on how your skin was feeling at the time. Some days you might need more oil other days more cream – it’s up to you.

The consultant also warned us that some dryness and a few breakouts are normal while the skin transitions to the Dr H products. She said 28 days of minor issues was not uncommon. So far my irritations have been extremely minor. Slight dryness on the cheeks. My skin is less red and I feel no tightness.

Anyway, I’m merely a novice at Dr H, but if you are thinking about trying some of the products it may be worth finding a discovery center near you or going online to have a look at their philosophies and techniques. It was so, so, so worth it for me. I think I am now a convert - I'm not going to jump in and buy everything, but I feel better knowing that everything is so natural.

I hope this will be helpful to some people
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
From a friend that owns a chain of stores that sell organic and natural skincare products...she calls Dr. Hauschka the "McDonalds" of skincare...take from that what you will
Nixon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
From a friend that owns a chain of stores that sell organic and natural skincare products...she calls Dr. Hauschka the "McDonalds" of skincare...take from that what you will

Really? What is the name of her products? Does she have a website?
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Nixon wrote:
edenfield wrote:

Really? What is the name of her products? Does she have a website?

She doesn't make products, she owns stores, about 3 in toronto

http://pureandsimple.ca/2005/index.html
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:35 am      Reply with quote
edenfield, is there a certain product line that she finds superior in all of the lines she carries?
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Nixon wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had taken part in the "discovery center introductory experience" with a Dr Hauschka discover center?

I am booked in to attend on this evening. Apparently they (and I quote from the DH Australian website:

"The Dr.Hauschka Discovery Centre is dedicated to providing the ideal introductory experience for people who have not used Natural, Organic and Holistic skin care products and Dr.Hauschka Skin Care in particular.

A key part of the educational experience is a hands on training in Hydration, using Organic Cotton Face Compresses and Dr.Hauschka aromatic bath oils. This is a key to establishing a new personal rhythm, leading to better sleep, a feeling of Harmony and Balance and radiant healthy skin.

The Introductory Session takes about an hour and can, if you wish, include a viewing of a 15 minute video on the philosophy and production of Dr.Hauschka Skin Care in Germany while your face is being nourished and nurtured by one of the masks.

The Introductory Session includes:

Skin Condition Assesssment
Warm Lavender Hydration Compressing
Cleansing
Facial Steam Bath
Clay Mask
Rhythmic Ampoule Application
Lemon or Lavender Compressing
Understanding Moisturisers
Decorative Cosmetics (if desired)

I'm booked in with a friend and really looking forward to it, but just thought I'd see if anyone else had attended.

I'm using the clay mask, cleansing cream and Rejuvinating Mask from Dr. H. I really like them. My skin looks clearer and feels tender after applying them. You know, my skin is very picky Razz
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Nixon wrote:
I don’t know if this will be helpful, but here goes anyway…..

I was looking into purchasing some Dr H products – I liked the idea of their philosophies of using all natural ingreidents –but I was completely stuck as to which products I would need for my skin and in what order I would need to apply them.

I was checking out the Australia Dr H website and came across the ‘Discovery center’ section. I booked my self and a girlfriend in for a $30 / 1 hour session of D-I-Y facial cleansing and skin rebalancing.

Skin Condition Assessment; Warm Lavender Hydration Compressing;Cleansing
Facial Steam Bath; Clay Mask; Rhythmic Ampoule Application; Lemon or Lavender Compressing
Understanding Moisturisers; Decorative Cosmetics (if desired)

Basically, the consultant at the center talked us through a regime suitable for our skin types and most importantly taught us HOW to apply the Dr H products.

There was a lot more to just the cleansing and toning.

For example: Dr H promotes a policy of “No rubbing or scrubbing” – a pressing technique is employed when applying the products.

Dr H doesn’t recommend the use of cotton pads for applying cleansing cream or toner – the reason being that the cotton absorbs the skins natural oils. The only time cotton pads are used is when applying the Cleansing Milk and that’s for make up removal more so than anything (for my skin condition anyway).

There seems to be a lot more to Dr H than any of the product lines I have used in the past and the consultant didn’t push me into buying anything at all – in fact she invited me back to try another cleansing clay mask at no extra cost before I even consider buying any of the full size products. I did however get the travel size normal/dry skin from EDS a week ago, so I have been able to piece together my regime through buying a couple of things from the Discovery centre and my travel kit.

My regime now entails:

Night time:
Cleansing milk to remove make up
Warm Sage Hydration Compressing
Cream cleanser to really clean the skin and unblock pores
Spray and press of the clarifying toner
That would be the end for the majority of the year, but because I’m in my 30’s – 3 times a year I will use the Rhythmic night ampoules for 28 days straight

No moisturisers at night – the theory being that at night the skin creates the natural oils and expels toxins etc – if I continued to apply moisturiser at night - the less my skin would naturally create the oils and cleanse itself. It backs up the theory “the get older, the dryer your skin gets”. Hopefully I will be able to break that habit now.

The day regime is the same except that after toning I will use the Quince Day Cream with a squirt of the normalising day oil mixed in.

We also had a facial steam bath and mixed up our own clay mask – the mask I used the rejuvenating cream, quince day cream, the normalising day oil, some of the clarifying toner and a few other bits and pieces. It was great to be able to make your own – depending on how your skin was feeling at the time. Some days you might need more oil other days more cream – it’s up to you.

The consultant also warned us that some dryness and a few breakouts are normal while the skin transitions to the Dr H products. She said 28 days of minor issues was not uncommon. So far my irritations have been extremely minor. Slight dryness on the cheeks. My skin is less red and I feel no tightness.

Anyway, I’m merely a novice at Dr H, but if you are thinking about trying some of the products it may be worth finding a discovery center near you or going online to have a look at their philosophies and techniques. It was so, so, so worth it for me. I think I am now a convert - I'm not going to jump in and buy everything, but I feel better knowing that everything is so natural.

I hope this will be helpful to some people

Hi Nixon, as what's in your review:"Dr H promotes a policy of “No rubbing or scrubbing” – a pressing technique is employed when applying the products." I also remember that they recommend a pressing and rolling technique. I can understand "pressing", but how should I go with the "rolling" way Question

I know there should be some video online about the correct technique, do you know the link?
gaara
5% products discount

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
wow, thanks for posting this thread. i read about the different baths and am aware that they support the function of other face care product but have never imagined using them as a hydrating compress.

it sounds logical to me to stimulate blood circulation before cleansing and skin care.
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks,Nixon.
I also like Dr. H.,cleansing cream specially.
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I also got a link in my post which shows you how to use DHCC properly.
http://mybeautydiary-cc.blogspot.com/

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |