Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Comfortable Shoes..Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I recently sprained my ankle. Almost ready to come out of my walking cast. Unfortunately I have flat feet that really get tired. I am looking for a COMFY pair of clogs or slip on that have a nice foot bed. I tried Berks put they are much too hard on my feet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Smile

Send good vibes my way. I'm getting a tad testy to live with. Have not been able to do much of anything. Mad

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I can't help on the shoe front but I'm sending good vibes in your general direction Smile
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,

Hope you're ankle's on the mend !! I have really flat feet too which were good for nothing except for ballarina feet but I didn't become one Sad so walking for long distances or standing up for long periods of time just kills...

I find that my Havaianas (thongs or flip flops as you guys probably call them) are quite comfy and have a nice soft footbed to walk round in. Besides that, I tend to spend a lot of time in ballerina flatties these days. I own a pair of Berks but the cork can be a bit hard I agree. I found this site when I thought of Cumfs shoes...I didn't know that your 'back, neck, knees and joint pain are sypmtoms of an improperly balanced feet'.

http://www.frederick.com/SponsorPages/bizinfo.asp?spid=3179

Take care,
Summertimegirl x Smile
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Once I tried Mephistos I was hooked - they have cute casual & lace up shoes as well as sandals. The sandals look like Birkenstocks but there is a huge difference. Nothing fancy just really comfortable! Good Luck Angel
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Winnie
Have you ever tried wearing orthotics? There are prescription ones and also OTC ones that are much less expensive. I have horrid feet and am most comfortable in sneakers (that have been properly fitted) with my orthotics inside. This way I get the support I need. I think if you don't have good support, it may put too much strain on your ankle. Anyway when I go too long not wearing them, like in summer when I much prefer to wear flip-flops, my feet start hurting. Here, in the mall nearby there's a store called Athletes Foot which carries the orthotics that aren't prescription. My 14 yr old got orthotics there and they actually helped him become less pidgeon toed!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nanapost!

I am seeing my foot doctor on Thursday. One of the things on my recovery list is orthodics. I need them mostly for sneakers as I love to walk. I am having a mold made of my feet for custom made ones. Then, I go for therapy.

I love clogs and was just looking for some to wear around. You cant put orthodics in most clogs. I am now looking at CLARKS,DANSKO and Mephistos.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Right! I actually have 2 different pairs of orthotics, some for sneakers that go the whole length of my foot, and then some that are shorter and constructed a little differently for dressier shoes. I have somes mules/clogs that have a "lip" on the back so I can wear the orthotics in them. The prescription ones are great, especially if they're covered by your insurance. I think our policy allows for a new pair every 2-3 years. Good luck Winnie Exclamation
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I wear size 5 or 4 and 1/2. It is very difficult for me to buy shoes in USA, or the price is so high for comfort, nice, and good quality ones. So strange, why small shoes are often so expensive, and many brands have no small sizes.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I love Clark's, Dansko, some Naturalizer, and some SoftSpots. Just be careful not to do the "Dansko roll," where you roll off the side of the platform, since they are so stiff.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE NATURALIZER!!!!!

My uncle suffered a stroke and has to wear a leg brace. I took him to buy some shoes from SAS. Oh boy! They are expensive, the shoes he bought were $175 but I guess it was worth it. He says it's very comfortable. I tried it on just to see, and yes, very very comfortable.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have Dr.Scholl's Massaging Gel Insoles in every pair of shoe I own. They're so comfortable, it feels like walking on pillows.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
What kind of shoes do you need, do they need to be pretty and go with a suit or something?

I have flat feet too (curses father for passing that on to me Laughing ). I bought a pair of slippers/moccasins from Target for like $12, LOVE LOVE THEM. They're comfy and keep my feet warm because they have the fuzzies inside. I literally wear them everwhere, inside the house, outside when running errands and even wear them with jeans. They give so therefore, they really comfy and I'm assuming you'll need something that won't conform to your feet to tightly right now. Crud, I tried looking for them online, can't seem to locate it.

This is like the mens version, but it's a little different.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_4/602-4924186-1179810?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000F8FA34

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a reporter by trade, so i HAVE to have comfy shoes.

I really like Havaianas for flip-flops as well. They're made of rubber, so they pad well. I also could not live without my Rocket Dogs. They're flat ballerina-type shoes, but I think the company makes sneaker types too.

I've heard fantastic things about Born, have you tried those?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
no one has mentioned Crocs? I think they have special pairs for people with more special needs. Check out the website.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,
I too like Mephisto and Clarks. Also, there's always Rockport.
Good luck with the ankle!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:31 am      Reply with quote
lulumylovely wrote
Quote:
no one has mentioned Crocs?

Crocs are great! I recently bought a pair and found them to be really light on my feet and very comfortable Very Happy
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am on my feet alot at work. I love my merrell clogs. I also wear dansko from time to time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie! I find Born clogs to be very comfortable, but I have a high arch; not sure how they'd feel on flat feet Confused Sorry, not much help, but sending positive vibes your way Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:10 am      Reply with quote
My vote goes for crocs, too. they are blissfully comfortable.
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
I love kumfs to wear, they are not the most trendiest shoes, but extremely comfortable. My mum wears them as well, she has spurs on the bottom of both her feet!
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Clarks.

The first pair I bought cost about $30 at Shoe Pavillion, and I wore them every single day for between 3 and 5 years (don't remember exactly). Even in winter, I just put some heavy socks so I could keep wearing them.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Ecco is a Danish brand that is very good for people with foot or lower back problems. They are pricey but they feel very nice.

In the past they looked quite orthopedic but in the past few years their look has gotten much better. I own a pair that I wear when I know that I will be standing for a long time (I'm a teacher).
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Born, Clarks and Birks are my new faves. While not always the most attractive shoes for more dressy/stylish outfits, for everyday (casual business attire) wear I love any of these.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |