Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
packaging question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sandals

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Curious about whether packaging influences ones decision of buying a product. For example, I saw some body creme in a clear jar, and they had some others in amber jars as well as blue jars and opaque white jars. I settled for the clear one (the creme was white). Just for fun, I was wondering if color of jars help ones decision. All cremes seemed good...so I was torn on which one was better, and I found myself looking at the jars.. I guess thinking one color would look more upscale?
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sandals~

I know for a fact that packaging is crucial to the beauty industry...Quite frankly, companies spend more money on packaging than what's inside them (ie the actual product)...So packaging plays an important role as well as brandname reputation etc...Good observation and I think it's a little sad that packaging costs more than making the product, but it's a wonderful industry all at the same time!

P.S. I worked in the the beauty industry where I had access to cost info (ie cost of product per oz. after manufacturing, price with bottling etc...) Wink
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Already a thread here Smile http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29748
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Edenfield~

I didn't start this thread...Sandals started it...but I'm fairly new to starting threads, but since we are all on the same topic of packaging in both threads, is there a way to link the threads into one? I read the other thread and this thread would go so well with that one...hmm

If you could do such a thing on this forum that would be great...But if we can't...Oh well..
sandals

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the thread... I was also curious on how color influences a buyer. I bought the clear jar and it had a black lid..but they also had cobalt blue, opaque white and amber jars. Does one color sway you over another...
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
For me, I found myself attracted to pretty packaging products... I tell myself that the product inside should be good since the packaging is so~ pretty Laughing but of course that's always not the case...
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:58 am      Reply with quote
A good packing will attract me to see the product, however, it won't influence my decision of purchasing the products.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 am      Reply with quote
me too, a beautiful and stylish packaging will definitely attract my attention, but will not make me buy the product. What is inside the bottle or a jar is what influences my buying decision.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I think elegant packages were more important before the cosmeceuticals and organic skin care products hit the market. Most of the products I currently use come in amber bottles. They look pretty much the same.

On the other hand, these brown bottles signal simplicity and a more "medical" content, which I believe is attractive to many conscious consumers. Many bathroom shelves look more like a little apothecary than a perfumery these days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Many bathroom shelves look more like a little apothecary than a perfumery these days.

I`ve taken all my stuff out of the bathroom because of all this heat and moisture, and put some in the fridge, and some on my night table. It is inconvenient though Confused
where do you guys keep all your beauty stuff?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:

I`ve taken all my stuff out of the bathroom because of all this heat and moisture, and put some in the fridge, and some on my night table. It is inconvenient though Confused
where do you guys keep all your beauty stuff?

I keep my unopened bottles in the fridge. The ones I am currently using are placed on a shelf in my bedroom, next to the bathroom. I agree with heat being bad for those beloved small jars and bottles with exclusive and expensive ingredients. Wink

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |