Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Makeup tricks for bags under eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone have any ideas how to help conceal bags. If you have dark circles you can use product to conceal them. My bags are now a lot firmer but sometimes they just puff up. Really gross. I have tried putting a darker foundation under my eyes as the bags look lighter then the rest of my face.They also cast a shadow under the bag which looks dark (but just a shadow). The darker foundation looks lousy. I probably don't know how to apply it.

Any tips are welcomed.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie,
I've got bags under my eyes. Dark circles are a lot easier to conceal but this is what works for me. Aside from using Jane Iredale powders and makeup in general there is one type of products that has helped me and it's lauren hutton face disc. It doesn't just tell you about the bags but the colors are so good that by the time you actually follow the directions the bags are much less noticeable. Don't get me wrong they are still there but less noticeable. I have her color disc in medium and most recently bought her passport to africa color kit. The disc stuff comes with brushes and a video and it's really amazing--even though it's for over 30 makeup i find it that it's good for anybody because basically is playing of light vs dark.
She has her website and she has some other good products too. I use her aqua press but that's about it because as far as skin care goes i'm sold on Obagi
trish
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Trish. The disc looks great. I sent you a PM as I had a few questions. Maybe there is some hope for those bags looking better.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
My go-to products for circles are my Chanel Quick Cover concealer and the YSL Touche Eclat in a pink color. The Chanel is very smooth and easy to apply, doesn't sink into lines and then for any shadows that can still be seen, I apply the YSL Touche Eclat to reflect light back off that area. It looks much better. I have heard that you should only conceal the inner 1/3 of your eye or you just have white circles instead of dark shadows. Also, have heard that dotting the YSL along the outer third helps to highlight that area and take focus on circles....

How about just getting a good 8 hours each night? Smile
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

Well, I wrote earlier on the forum about my dark circles and bags. We figured it to be allergy related, so the allergy meds have helped a bit.

1. I thought you were always suppose to conceal the under eye with a shade lighter then your foundation? This may be why the dark color is making it worse. Yellow base also works for dark circles.

2. Enough rests and cold compress helps a lot. I bought a gel filled eye mask which I keep in the fridge and this is very soothing, espically in the morning.

3. My sister said to me over the summer that I was going to need an eye life soon cause my bags & puffiness were terrible. And she was serious, sisterly love Bad Grin
Well, after a month of using Phytomer Lift Contour Eye Cream, the same sister commented out of the blue how great my eyes looked and that my bags were gone.

So, I have to recommend this product. I loved it from the get go. It feels great on your eyes. A little really goes a long way, so don't have a heart attack when you see how small the jar is for $60!!!! Wink Should last you 6 months I figure.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Miss Shoes,

I don't have dark circles. When my eyes get fuffy it because its a family trait. The fuffiness looks lighter then my face and the bags cast a shadow that looks darker under the bag. Its not really dark just a shadow. Wonder if the cream you recommended would help with this. The Alpha Derma has helped firm the bag. But, from what I understand nothing gets rid of fat deposits except surgery and I can't do that $$$$$. Also, I get plenty of sleep. In fact the more sleep I get the baggier my eyes.

I found Trish reply gave me a little hope. I checked out Lauren Hutton website and she has a few intriguing products: the disc and the Aqua Press. Would like other response on this.

Do you think the Phytomer Lift Contour Eye Cream would take care of my problem????

I kind of think I need some cosmetic tricks. I am going to start a new subject on Lauren Hutton and get more opionions. As I told Trish, I jump into buying things. This time I am going to take it slow. Laughing

The YSL Touche Eclat also sounds good. hmm

Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I just looked at the topic.
I've been corresponding with Winnie directly so far.
Yes, it is true, bags are something that it's not easy to fix. Mine are hereditary and as i got older they seem to have gotten more pronounced. With the products i use now, they are less noticeable and that helps.
Unfortunately to get rid of them all together it is true, surgery is pretty much the only thing i've heard that works and yes, it does cost a lot of money. I haven't done it, i guess partly because of the money and partly because i'm a chicken Razz --one hears so many horror stories these days about them.
I knew a lady who swore by Preparation H--haven't convinced myself to use it, the thought just turns me off but i guess it makes sense. Preparation H is made to shrink the hemorroidal tissues so i suppose a little bit under the eye would do it too. Again, i never tried it but this friend of mine did and one time I read about it in a magazine too.
Trish
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Bags under the eyes are my most annoying and depressing problem right now. I've always had those half-moon shaped puffs under the eyes but over the past 2 months they have blossomed quite nicely and have officially become bags, I kid you not. I too suspect it has something to do with age as I sleep a little over 8 hours a day and religiously apply eye cream both day and night. I honestly don't know what the cause is as I don't have any allergies. Also, I tend to look closer, perhaps I should just be honest and say scrutinize the skin of those around me if I get a chance (a habit borned when I was in the skincare field and can't be broken still) and I see people who look way older than I am without any eyebags at all. Wrinkles and crows-feet perhaps but NO puffiness to speak off. That's when I get doubly depressed. Sometimes I feel that I'd trade my bags for wrinkles any day, sigh. Sad
Okie, enough moaning, I just wanted to share something I found in a salon BUT haven't tried coz it's terribly expensive and was hoping that someone might have. It's called Skin Renu Intensive Serum P, heard of it anyone? This is the info that I got of it.

"Reduces puffiness under the eyes of older people which is usually the result of fat accumulating on the lower lids causing patients to have a tired and aged appearance. SkinRenu Intensive Serum P reduces the prominence of the bulging fat pads. The formulation also provides protection from environmental irritants that aggravate the sensitive skin around the eyes.

15ml bottle (dropper)."

Would love to hear if anyone has tried it or any other product that purports to reduce puffiness/bagginess under the eyes.

hugs
daphne
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well,
I know that products work for different people according to skin type, etc. But...
I would not recommend a $60 tiny jar of eye cream unless I thought it was worth it. The price is outrageous but I think it is worth a try.

My main concern at first was the darkness but I also had bags and puffiness. I still have darkness but the bags and puffiness have greatly improved. I didn't tell my sister anything about what I was using because I would never admit to anyone, expect you gals here on the forum Razz , that I paid $60 for eye cream.
So for her to say that, it really has worked for me.I just use it at night before bed and then apply my night cream. Use DDF eye gel in teh morning.

I'm not to sure about make up techniquies for bags, maybe others can help with that. The Lauren Hutton dose sound interesting.
Other than the cold compress, maybe look into some homeopathic remedies. Chamomile tea bags are suppose to work well!!!
Mabsy

Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend cold compresses (yes, cold tea bags) and I'm also putting my vote in for the YSL Touche Eclat. Clarins has a version of this also, as does Dior now. It's a light reflecting concealer (or highlighter, whichever they want to call it) so it should make a difference. Actually, Revlon makes one of these as part of their "Skin Lights" range and it's MUCH cheaper that the YSL. I haven't tried it myself but it might be worth a go. It's the same concept, I just don't know if the shades are any good.

HTH
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Skin Renu Intensive Serum P, heard of it anyone? This is the info that I got of it.

"Reduces puffiness under the eyes of older people which is usually the result of fat accumulating on the lower lids causing patients to have a tired and aged appearance. SkinRenu Intensive Serum P reduces the prominence of the bulging fat pads. The formulation also provides protection from environmental irritants that aggravate the sensitive skin around the eyes.

Fenn, I totally hear you. My problem is a family trait. They are fat deposits under the eye. I can make the eye look better with my creams by firming. However, no product will remove fat deposits. I tend to go with Mabsy's idea about concealer. My neighbor had surgery for hers 2 years ago. She looked outstanding!!! Guess what, after two years they are coming back. Sad

I ordered the Lauren Hutton Disc. It is makeup for the mature woman. It gets good reviews so I thought I would give it a shot. Next I will try Mabsy's recommendation and look into the product you recommended.

lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:04 am      Reply with quote
in terms of covering undereye bags w. concealer or foundation, a great trick that was taught to me by a chanel sa is: don't cover the entire undereye area w. the concealer, just place it where your undereye bag discolouration is the worst, typically around the inner half of the undereye area and blend outwards. this places the majority of the concealer where you need it most, try it, it works!

hth.
lamicuz.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I knew a lady who swore by Preparation H--haven't convinced myself to use it, the thought just turns me off but i guess it makes sense. Preparation H is made to shrink the hemorroidal tissues so i suppose a little bit under the eye would do it too. Again, i never tried it but this friend of mine did and one time I read about it in a magazine too. Trish

Hi Trish,

I did order the disc and AguaPress. Looking forward to trying it. The product sounds very interesting. Good reviews on MUA for the disc. Not such good ones on the press, but there were only three posts on press.

As far as PreP H. It really does temporarily shrink the puffy bags. I usually wear glasses. I look so much better in glasses as they help conceal the bag. However, I wanted to wear contacts for my daughters wedding. The Prep H. did the trick. I would not use it on a regular basis as my eyes got really irritated when I tried that for an extended period.

Mabsy said something about Revlons Skin Lights. Well, I had a tube of Pink skinlights and just tried it around by eye. It did help somewhat. Thanks Mabsy.

Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Mabsy,
i guess it's true about the preparation H.
As i said this lady swore by it.
It's discouraging to read about that woman that got the surgery and two years later they came back. One would hope that after spending all that money being bagless would last at least 5 years or something like that, not just two.
I am beginning to think that aging has a lot but not all. I've got a friend that is my age but she has no puffy eyes so it's genetic mostly as in my case. I suppose when i was younger i didn't really pay too much attention because the rest of the face looked younger too.
I bet the day they find some really good cream for puffy eyes like Retina for minor wrinkles, it will go out of style... Rolling Eyes
I jumped the gun like Winnie and ordered the phytomer...what the heck Razz But i still have to say the lauren hutton disk does a wonderful job for me but it took me a little while to learn and the one important part is needing to be in a very good lighted area.
Well that's all for now.
Trish Razz
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Sigh...I've tried all the concealors there are, from Ben nye ( the most cost-effective to Amazing concealer Keromask and none have helped to mask my lovely puffiness a.k.a LV trunks, only the dark shadows Sad In fact, when I cover my dark circles effectively, the puffs stick out more than ever!!) Still credit goes to Keromask and Shu Uemura mark cealer for being the most opaque and hardiest of the lot.
For folks with really dark eye circles this might help some. Came across it some years ago on alt.fashion.
*Anyway, I was at a conference at this top MA (whose name I totally
forget) said that a great way to cover dark circles is to use a *light*
(textured) concealer, top with the barest whisper of face powder & then
add a layer of cream-coloured powder shadow (or tone appropriate for
your skin colour) over the darkened area under the eye.
well I don't (or very rarely) get dark shadows so I promptly got all the
students trying this out today and it really really works! (we used 2
shades of matte GB shadow, a very light cream on the palest skins, a
slightly richer shade on medium tones)*

Btw,the only eye cream I like right now is Dior's NoAge Progress. It's got the dreamiest fluid consistency. Leaves a really smooth canvans for makeup.

Winnie, I'm seriously considering going under the knife but I'm not even 30 yet and if it's gonna last only 2 years that'll prolly mean I will have to spend at least 30k in all if I intend to keep up the maintenance. I'm calculating based on a period of the next 30 years. The Horror!

Really, the battle of the undereye bulge is getting so much to me that I actually tilt my face slightly upwards when I'm looking at the mirror coz it helps to minimize the hugeness that is my bags and that is the only way I can face myself, egad. This habit carries on into real life as well. When I'm talking to anyone directly face to face, I immediately and unconciously tilt my face upwards, always at a perfect angle so my chin doesn't jutt out of course. =P I bet I look more snooty than weird, ya know, face in a strange angle looking down instead of straight ahead. Bah, the lengths I go just to hide my bags.

I think in a couple of months I'm going to give that serum from Skinrenu a try but it costs over $100 so I have to save up for it. Damn bags.

End of rant.

p/s Trish, I hope the phytomer works, keeping fingers and toes crossed for you! Keep us updated okie coz I'll most likely spring for that as well, knowing me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fenn,

I certainly can relate to the special poses we baggy eyed woman take. When we have a picture taken best we make sure our chin is up!!

In my case my left eye is considerably worse than my right eye. I swear my left side looks much older then my right.

I strongly recommend that you youngins Smile keep using a nice cream on your bags. Again, I am 59. I have always taken good care of my skin. I swear if I didn't those bags would be flabby and droop. When they get to that point there is nothing you can do to try to conceal them. Okusil had for sure given the baggy area a firmer look doing wonders for the hooded upper eye area. So Okusil will stay as one of my favorite eye gel products. Wearing glasses that fit you face properly (lower rim ending at shadow of bag) conceal bags greatly. Ladies nothing will get rid of fat deposits!!! So don't let anyone fool you. I even read on the FlexEffect board (owner) that fat deposits under the eye are the one area of the face facial exercise has not been successful.

As far as my friend who had the surgery, yes two years later she is starting to redevelope fat deposits. They are not as bad as before the bluf but heading in that direction.

Looking forward to messing around with Lauren Huttons facial disc. I am not exspecting to completely remove the puffy bags. But believe cosmetic trickery can give a much softer look. Will keep you posted.

fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh Winnine! And here I was thinking I was the only one who did the chin-in-air thingy! Goes to show all the little tricks we pick up just staring at the mirror cursing those darn puffs. Oh, my puff is definitely more pronounced on my right side. What truly depresses me is that while the rest of my face looks 20, my undereye area looks (at least to me) about 40. *sobs* When anyone asks me why I still refuse to switch to contact lens after 15 years of wearing glasses, I say coz my eyes are too sensitive to *foreign objects* and I'm too much of a scaredy-cat anyway but in all seriousness, it's because I feel a tiny bit better being able to hide behind my best friend; my glasses.

I still can't get over the fact that the result lasted only 2 years for your friend. From what I've read, in most cases, it usually lasts from between 5-7 years. This is really discouraging especially when one has to put up with the pain and recovery time of surgery only to have the same ailment return so shortly.

I'd definitely love to know how you're doing with the Hutton disc. Good luck with it! Smile

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Hey there,
I'm new on here, despite the post title, I'd jst like to introduce myself, I'm Andrea, I'm 38 years old, I know for a fact I look good for my age as I am often asked for ID and that has been rue my whole life. I absolutely KNOW I should be grateful for these youthful looks, but I'm afraid I have fallen into the advertisers trap in more ways than one, you see, I have two incredibly beautiful daughters who are 16 and 17, looking at their beauty I am filled with mixed emotions, firstly and formostly pride Smile I MADE THEM Very Happy

Mostly because as teenagers, they are EVERYTHING I wasn't strong, feisty, independent of the desires of others and wholly THE best thing I ever produced. However another emotion [if it is emotion] creaps in, an awareness of my own shortcomings, not least perpetuated by them putting MY clothes on and looking SO 100 % amazing, I can never wear that item again Sad

My biggest issue is, I have excess skin surrounding my eyes, I have deep set eyes, eyes I inherited from my grandmother, who in her day was amazing 'film star' looking but as she aged, her eyes seemed to disappear by the same excess skin, I KNOW this COULD be my fate, if I could have ANY surgery despite my small bust and bad orthodontics THIS IS the thing I would choose to change, however if their are any products out there or tips for 'draining (?)' the excess water that seems to gather there I'm desperate to find it.

As I've said I have loads of 'other' beauty issues which range from poc scars on my chin to having to wear glasses, to an inability to gain weight across my chest making me look less than attractive, but today? The bags are my irritant, so ladies, any of you have any tips ? [the less costly the better Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Reasons that causes fatty deposits (or eye bags) on the eye area are..

- eating too much RED MEAT! As we grow much older, we need to eat more fish, more vegies and high-fibre into our diet.

- not doing facial exercises that affect the eye area. This is important to keep the eye area toned.

- not getting enough sleep,

- not putting special night eye cream to protect the eye area (I used Orlane Extreme Eye treatment cream). I find this product to be effective for me,

- not drinking enough natural water,

It is not because of hereditary only, but also elements such as above.

Although I don't have eye bags yet, I still use a concealer on my eye area to brighten and open up this area for sure. I've tried AMAZING COSMETICS CONCEALER and it was heavenly! For those of you with this problem, you can conceal it with this AMAZING COSMETICS CONCEALER. It will improve on your eye bags when you go out. Make sure that you use a pressed powder (or mineral powder, whichever is preferable) after the concealer.... But of course, prevention such as I mentioned above will surely help improve on those eye bags!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |