Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How important is cleanser to you in a three part system?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I got a postcard in the mail from SkincareRX that tells me that I'll get a "free" cleanser if I purchase the Night and Day cream from ReVale Skin. I have been reading the posts on the coffeeberry and Revale/Priori and have toyed with the idea of just trying the night cream from Revale. My sister Cindy has been using the three step system and has been really liking it - certainly for the ease of it, but her skin has been looking very nice lately as well. (she's 53). I asked her what her favorite product was and she said she liked the night cream the best.

Do you really get the benefits of a product with a cleanser you wash off? Do you feel compelled to buy the whole "package" of a system or do you buy just what you like for the line even if they say "each product works synergistically with the other blah blah"...

Right now I'm happy with DHC cleansing oil and rinse with their olive oil soap. I'm not really looking into a new cleanser.

Thoughts?

xoMaria Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
My experience is that cleanser won't benefit my skin or solve my skin's problem. The question is most of the cleansers there will harm my skin by either cleansing not so well or cleansing too much. As a result, my final idea on a cleanser is " not expect it will solve my concerns, but buy something which is comfortable". I will try some middle-priced, gentle yet thorough cleansers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil is my favorite cleanser, because it gets the job done, without over drying my skin. The only other one I use occassionally is Alpha Hydroxy Foaming Face Wash. With that one I leave it on two minutes to get the benefits, and then rinse.

I'm not willing to spend more money than that, to watch something going down the drain in less than a minute.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Since I use the pretika brush, which is a knock off of the clarisonic, it is important to me that my cleanser is gentle and good for me. I make a honey based cleanser on my own. I throw in a bunch of stuff in it, my recipe is constantly changing but honey is always the primary ingredient. Also I always add some lemon to it, so it's honey and lemon and something else.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I have noticed a big difference with regard to cleansers. I use to have the same attitude about not wanting to wash relatively expensive stuff down the drain. But after trying various cleansers out having gotten them as samples or gifts with purchase, I do see a difference. I still wouldn't spend a huge amount, but I no longer settle for Cetaphil or plain cleansers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I've lots from cheap to expenisve. Found Elemis too greasy or too harsh, similar with some Dermalogica products, I'm currently using the bar by Dermalogica. If I've had a face full of make up I'll use an oil first then wash.

I think it's very important to have clean (not tight or over dry) skin before applying your other products otherwise what's the use? You're spreading a cream over dirt? Lovely.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I've too used many cleansers from all price ranges and feel that cleansing is one of the most important steps for me at least. I really do think the right cleanser can make a world of difference to your skin. Perhaps not if anti ageing is your number one concern, but for other skin concerns finding a great cleanser is a must.
I really notice the difference if I use a cleanser that isn't right for my skin type.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
I make a honey based cleanser on my own. I throw in a bunch of stuff in it, my recipe is constantly changing but honey is always the primary ingredient. Also I always add some lemon to it, so it's honey and lemon and something else.

This cleanser sounds like something I could very well have added to a cup of tea. Wink

I prefer cream cleansers or cleansing oils. They cleanse thoroughly without stripping the skin and leaving it taut and dry. To use a high tech formula cleanser with fancy ingredients is a waste of money.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |