Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sothys Homme Soothing After Shave Balm (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Tweezerman Petite Tweeze Set
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Seldom have time to post - too busy using all the gadgets!

Still loving the Safetox & found what I consider to be an easy way to keep it on. I use an eyewear retainer. Works great & super easy on or off.

I am using one with a standard end by Chums but I am sure there must be others out there that will work.
Oh & I must give credit where it is due - my DH thought of this!

HTHelps someone!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
While I didn't use the safetox per se as I didn't find it as helpful as exercising auric. and occip.
muscles by myself I am loving it with the cefaly patch!

It feels soooooooo relaxing even though it is at the highest setting and it is a strong bite Very Happy

I use 2 cycles with the cefaly and 1 with the regular safetox patch and this way I do feel is "doing something" using the single patch did not give me the same sensation.

Thanks for bringing up the subject as this is something I am loving right now. Too bad my forehead is like an stadium and cefaly is not XXL LOL!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've just posted this info at the thread of the overbuilding corrugator and I thought it could be posted here as well.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39807

I am using a new massage technique I've found online and I think it could very well compliment the safetox.

Just make sure you rub some oil pre-massaging (not so much just a thin film) to make the rubbing on your skin easier.

Here it is:

Vertical frown lines between eye brows: Place palms together (as if praying) with index fingers up against the lines. Then alternately move fingers up and down quite fast many times while pressing on lines using hand palms as a guide. They will quickly diminish. particularly if you do repeatedly throughout the day

Extract from: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AoinUNweYJsKShlF_GoGEOrty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20100530075846AAMBYna&show=7#profile-info-9t7E7Mdaaa
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
So I understand that the Cefaly pad can be used with the Safetox device??? Very Happy Must try that!!

Zenity, not understanding the massage very much, but I do like the rubbing techniques, I've found them very helpful! Must read the actual yahoo answer, see if I can get the hang of it. Thanks, Very Happy .
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Atester

Regarding the massage, picture this motion of your hands:
Rub them palm to palm up and down as when your hands are cold and you want them to get hot.
Now if you focus on your index fingers you will see the external side of the index (the one who is right next to the thumb). Thats the area this massage says you have to rub in the exact motion described above but against your 11.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Sorry to hijack the thread... Rolling Eyes

ATester wrote:
So I understand that the Cefaly pad can be used with the Safetox device??? Very Happy Must try that!!

Zenity, not understanding the massage very much, but I do like the rubbing techniques, I've found them very helpful! Must read the actual yahoo answer, see if I can get the hang of it. Thanks, Very Happy .
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Funny I just tried that this morning, not sure if I was doing it right (sounds like I was)It felt really good. I don't have a Safetox yet so I'm doing what I can before I get one.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Got it Zenity! Very Happy
Thanks!
manclass
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Can you just confirm for me how long after Botox you should wait before using Safetox - is it 2 weeks?

And also, will having Botox at the end of eyebrows counteract the lifting of Safetox?

Thanks!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:
Hi guys,

Can you just confirm for me how long after Botox you should wait before using Safetox - is it 2 weeks?

And also, will having Botox at the end of eyebrows counteract the lifting of Safetox?

I think it says to wait 2 weeks in the instruction booklet - however, I usually only manage to abstain for about one week because I'm addicted to the Safetox! I've never noticed any negative aspects to having Botox and using the Safetox so I would suggest you give it a try and see what happens.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the safetox since xmas and had my last botox injection in february.
I'm more than pleased with the results of the safetox and, although botox irons everything out, the smoothing and lifting effect of the safetox is amazing. I only use it at night but generally I go through about 5 or 6 cycles - it's the best and easiest anti-aging gadget I've ever used and the bonus is that I never have to go through the uncertainty of where the botox may migrate!
It actually DOES work on lifting the lower face too as I've watched a tiny line at the corner of my mouth gradually go from being downward facing to a slight horizontal one which is hardly noticable.
For me, there's nothing better and it's no hassle to use.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
xxstardustxx wrote:
I've been using the safetox since xmas and had my last botox injection in february.
I'm more than pleased with the results of the safetox and, although botox irons everything out, the smoothing and lifting effect of the safetox is amazing. I only use it at night but generally I go through about 5 or 6 cycles - it's the best and easiest anti-aging gadget I've ever used and the bonus is that I never have to go through the uncertainty of where the botox may migrate!
It actually DOES work on lifting the lower face too as I've watched a tiny line at the corner of my mouth gradually go from being downward facing to a slight horizontal one which is hardly noticable.
For me, there's nothing better and it's no hassle to use.

Great news...thanks for sharing!
Are you doing the one point or the three points?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I've done the 3 point and it helps to speed things along but now I just do the ordinary one.
Occasionally I do the 3 point but I'm really happy with my results so far and continue to use it every day.
The way in which my eyes have opened up and lifted is quite remarkable (I wish I'd taken befores) and I really don't think botox ever did that so I'm glad that I no longer need it.
Also, I'm very aware if I frown accidently now so if I find I am, I stop and pull back the occipitalis strongly to smooth it back down!
Creamcheese 123
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Safetox since July. I started doing the 3 point method , I did it for about three weeks. I noticed a droopy right eyebrow and lid. Scared the heck out of me, especially just having read Kassy's experience over on the TriPollar thread. At my age (62) things do not just spring back.Since I 've read many threads on EDS and know when something goes wrong, one should stop immediately. I did. I started using derma wand on the eyelids and frownies at night, religiously and the droop lifted about 10 days later. I no longer do the three point. Just to be on the safe side. Again, proves that everybody is different in results.
I love , love, love my Safetox. I use it in the mornings with my Slendertone Face at the same time (2 months now) and do not see any deleterious side affect. This allows me to perform the myriad of routines I must get done before the days end. 24 hours is not enough!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Hi,

Seldom have time to post - too busy using all the gadgets!

Still loving the Safetox & found what I consider to be an easy way to keep it on. I use an eyewear retainer. Works great & super easy on or off.

I am using one with a standard end by Chums but I am sure there must be others out there that will work.
Oh & I must give credit where it is due - my DH thought of this!

HTHelps someone!

Hi Cabrita,
what is an eyewear retainer?
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
is anyone seeing a lifting effect to the outer part of the eye/brow area (ie between eye and side hair line)? I am actually looking for more of a lateral pull there? When I do that it actually lifts.
The other question is for those of you seeing your eyes open up more -- do you think it strengthens the eye muscle so that the eye opening is larger and you see more of the iris and white in the corners or is it must that it it lifting brows so the upper lid skin is not shading the eye opening as much?

I am really hoping this will be my Christmas present to myself this year. I want to try a couple of things but I think this will make the biggest difference. Other things on the list is TV for the lower face and an LED and thinking of NCN's Dermawave but might have to do the AALS because of the price issue.
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm definitely noticing that the outer corners of my eyebrows are lifted and I'm sure the 3 point technique has helped that. Infact, I've gone back to using the middle point on one evening for 5 or 6 cycles and the 2 above eyebrow points on the other evening for 3 cycles each. This seems to be the perfect routine for me.
I can't speak highly enough of the safetox and will use it forever in order to maintain the results I have.
I'm not sure whether the eye muscles are strengthened but I believe the eyes are lifted via the occipitalis which becomes stronger (I can feel the sensations going right over the top of my head when using the safetox).
Another plus point is that I can pull back on the occipitalis and actually feel the front of my face lift up and backwards (like a mini face lift effect!)I do this frequently and I'm sure it helps aswell to maintain results.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
xxstardustxx wrote:
I'm definitely noticing that the outer corners of my eyebrows are lifted and I'm sure the 3 point technique has helped that. Infact, I've gone back to using the middle point on one evening for 5 or 6 cycles and the 2 above eyebrow points on the other evening for 3 cycles each. This seems to be the perfect routine for me.
I can't speak highly enough of the safetox and will use it forever in order to maintain the results I have.
I'm not sure whether the eye muscles are strengthened but I believe the eyes are lifted via the occipitalis which becomes stronger (I can feel the sensations going right over the top of my head when using the safetox).
Another plus point is that I can pull back on the occipitalis and actually feel the front of my face lift up and backwards (like a mini face lift effect!)I do this frequently and I'm sure it helps aswell to maintain results.

Thanks Stardust. It sounds like I am going to love this and it is a no brainer. I have a hard time sticking to things that I have to think about when I use. With regard to the outer brow lift -- it is just the outer brow tail? If I pull up my brow tails with my finger I pull up my upper lid too much and it looks odd. Even the slightest amount does. I had an upper Bleph 5 years ago but even without that I had the same thing happen before. What I actually need and probably needed all along is a lifting up of the face area to the side that runs from the top of the outer cheekbone to the temple. It is a deeper lift. Not just skin. Safetox might do this. Since people are actually seeing a slight lift to the outer corners of the mouth I was thinking maybe it is actually targeting that whole side of the face all the way down. That would be great. Otherwise I think my only solution for this is surgery. Certain types of face shapes fall in that area of temple to upper cheek more than others as early as the early 30's.
thanks.
manclass
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
am a bit worried about using it again even though my eyes really need it - used last night for first time in 5 weeks as my forehead looked like it was wearing off already, and today it has totally worn off

I must be immune as it only lasts a month on me so not going to bother again - could it have accelerated the wearing off as I don't want to risk it accelerating the 11's wearing off?
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone...
I've just started using my Safetox 6 days ago and I LOVE it! I haven't noticed any improvements yet but I do love the relaxation I get from using level 3. Tonight I'm going to start the 3 point method.
I do have one question though. I read through this whole thread initially and I thought I had bookmarked the site to purchase good lasting batteries for a better price BUT I didn't Brick wall
Can someone be so kind as to post a link so I can buy more batteries at a reasonable cost?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using rechargeable batteries (although I don't think they're recommended). Anyway, I'm having no problems with them and it's far more economical. The Safetox still works perfectly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just use regular batteries and since I have made the stretch band to hold it firm to my forehead the power is STRONG!

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I, too, have read through the thread. Since some time has passed since the last posts regarding purchase suggestions were made, I would very much appreciate updated advice. For those of us purchasing in the US, where do you recommend we purchase 1. The Safetox, 2. Batteries, 3. Tac Gel? Is there any other item or accessory I am missing that I need to buy? Thank you so much for your help. I am hoping to order and get this in before the big 5-0 birthday!!
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm... I've just bunged my Safetox on eBay, but after scanning these threads again I think I may pull it off and start using it again.

So - not only do these threads cause buying frenzies, I also can't seem to get rid of anything either! Very Happy

(When I started using it, I thought I could see a difference but after a while I started wondering if I was just kidding myself... maybe I should keep it, have Botox, then use it to maintain the Botox?? (I've never had Botox before...))
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:26 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
(When I started using it, I thought I could see a difference but after a while I started wondering if I was just kidding myself... maybe I should keep it, have Botox, then use it to maintain the Botox?? (I've never had Botox before...))

Nothing but nothing works like Botox. But I still like using the Safetox - the massaging becomes addictive and I do think it helps maintain the results of the Botox.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
the massaging becomes addictive

Very Happy Doesn't it! I would use it for 15 or 20 min in one go! I found it really relaxing.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Tweezerman Petite Tweeze Set

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |