Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
awanssa88

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
awanssa88 wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
I never got into the habit of using my Safetox. Did it for about a month and its been sitting on the shelf ever since. I'm going to sell it, if anyone is interested. It's as good as new, and has 5 packets of electrodes too. Pvt message me if you ware intersted. I'm in the US.

Hi, mountaingirl
I am in the US and interested in your item. I just want to konw your quote and when you broght the unit? Thanks.

Hi, Mountaingirl

Would you please reply to me asap b/c I'm going to place an order from winHealth.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
awanssa88 wrote:
awanssa88 wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
I never got into the habit of using my Safetox. Did it for about a month and its been sitting on the shelf ever since. I'm going to sell it, if anyone is interested. It's as good as new, and has 5 packets of electrodes too. Pvt message me if you ware intersted. I'm in the US.

Hi, mountaingirl
I am in the US and interested in your item. I just want to konw your quote and when you broght the unit? Thanks.

Hi, Mountaingirl

Would you please reply to me asap b/c I'm going to place an order from winHealth.

Hi awanssa, you may want to pm mountaingirl. You can do that by clicking on the words pm under mountaingirls name on the left hand side. Pm means private message.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
The unit appears to be sold now...I'll let you know if it doesn't go through.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen this site?
http://documents.tecnosport.es/TECNOSPORT/Safetox/Before%20After/
It appears to store the photos of before and after Safetox subjects. One woman is new to me (not on the Safetox website). The man is on their site though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Has anyone seen this site?
http://documents.tecnosport.es/TECNOSPORT/Safetox/Before%20After/
It appears to store the photos of before and after Safetox subjects. One woman is new to me (not on the Safetox website). The man is on their site though.

I had not seen the old woman (with the horrid lip liner), nor the skin depth pics.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend that has just started the Safetox treatments and I sent her my photos....after reviewing my photos I decided I needed to get more regular with my treatments again. I am shocked because within a week I am back to the smoothed out forehead.....I just love this device!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I got the Safetox from MountainGirl yesterday, and I am very excited to start using it.
I have a couple of questions, since it did not come with instructions. (I have read the entire thread and watched one of the youtube videos on how to use it.)
1) Does it matter how high or low on the forehead you place the electrode?
2) How long would you say an electrode lasted you? I've used it with the TAC gel so far (only one application), but it still feels like a lot of the gel surface gets damaged when I remove it.

Thank you all for your help!
fitgineer

P.S. I would like to thank MountainGirl for her kindness. She sent out the item which arrived in perfect condition, and insisted that I do not mail her a check until after I test it. I am mailing the payment tomorrow. I am grateful for her trust and patience, and for answering all my questions. Not sure if she gets to read this, since she no longer has a Safetox, but I figured I'd let the other members know if you ever wonder about another item for sale from her. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:

2) How long would you say an electrode lasted you? I've used it with the TAC gel so far (only one application), but it still feels like a lot of the gel surface gets damaged when I remove it.

I am not sure how much the placement of the electrode matters but I place the bottom of the electrode about even the the bottom of my eyebrow. That works well for me.

As far as how much time you get out of each one. I started using the Safetox on July 7 and went to the 3 point method on August 20. I have gone through 3 electrodes and am on my second set of 3 now. (I use a different one for each spot on the 3 method) For me it works better if I use an alcohol pad (the kind of one you use before you give yourself a shot) to clean the surface. Let it dry. Then add just enough gel to cover the black part. You don't need very much at all. Then let that dry for 10 to 15 minutes or more before I put it back on the piece of plastic it comes on. I only put more gel on every once and a while when I think it's not sticking. I don't put the gel on right before I use the electrodes. I think it works better when it's had plenty of time to set up. Hopefully this makes sense.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
I got the Safetox from MountainGirl yesterday, and I am very excited to start using it.
I have a couple of questions, since it did not come with instructions. (I have read the entire thread and watched one of the youtube videos on how to use it.)

Smile

Hi fitgineer,

I was also curious what's the right spot for the electrode. Few millimeters up or down give you totally different sensations. It is always approximately on the line of the bottom of eyebrows, but some how i get it each time different Smile
Anyway, i guess any place around this point will be beneficial.

In regards to electrodes, i use it on one point only and i am still on my first set of electrodes. I did not start using gel yet, because it is still sticky. Only now i use each day a different one.

Cheers Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Well that's a revelation to me! I've been putting the gel on my skin, then apply the electrode... no wonder it feels like peeling a bandaid when I take it off. Plus, the gel is probably not the best for the sin anyway. Thanks for sharing!
CookieD wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

I am not sure how much the placement of the electrode matters but I place the bottom of the electrode about even the the bottom of my eyebrow. That works well for me.

As far as how much time you get out of each one. I started using the Safetox on July 7 and went to the 3 point method on August 20. I have gone through 3 electrodes and am on my second set of 3 now. (I use a different one for each spot on the 3 method) For me it works better if I use an alcohol pad (the kind of one you use before you give yourself a shot) to clean the surface. Let it dry. Then add just enough gel to cover the black part. You don't need very much at all. Then let that dry for 10 to 15 minutes or more before I put it back on the piece of plastic it comes on. I only put more gel on every once and a while when I think it's not sticking. I don't put the gel on right before I use the electrodes. I think it works better when it's had plenty of time to set up. Hopefully this makes sense.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:42 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Well that's a revelation to me! I've been putting the gel on my skin, then apply the electrode... no wonder it feels like peeling a bandaid when I take it off. Plus, the gel is probably not the best for the sin anyway. Thanks for sharing!
CookieD wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

Oops, that probably hurt. I put the gel on the electrode after a session. If after I pull the electrode off my forehead and it is not sticking that well anymore. I clean the surface with the alcohol pad then put Tac gel on it, give it plenty of time to dry. Put it back on the plastic piece so it is ready to use the next day. I tried to put the gel on right before I used it but it was a lot more messy that way and didn't work as well for me.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone afraid of repeated muscle paralysis caused can cause similar Botox like damage, resulting in even more sag? Or is that only have to do with the chemicals in botox, or is the whole thing a myth?

I'm not trying to insight any fear or anything, and i possibly may be informed on how safetox work so don't get angry at me.
redforhire

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Also has anyone gone on a break from using safetox to just record the results, see if the effects lasted?

Also Has anyone young used safetox?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the safetox for about four years without any negative issues. If I get busy and don't keeping the maintenance the forehead wrinkles will return just not as bad. The great thing is as soon as I get back to the program it smooths back out. The more I study about microcurrent the more I wish I had started years ago.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I just started using mine again after about a year lull, that feeling is soooo addictive, and I do see and a difference after using it... I'm going to try and keep it up more frequently again!

I also sometimes use a head massager (it looks like a crazy electronic helmet out of some kind of video game, lol!) It really gets those scalp muscles to wake up - helps forehead lines but from a different way to the safetox, and it isn't specifically targeting the same areas that the safetox targets, though lovely and relaxing... (and you think you look wierd wearing your safetox!!!

I like both...
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm still using mine. It's one of the gadgets I have been able to keep up with because it is so easy to do. I do get results with it. It's not a total cure for my under eye area but every little bit helps. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone found a way to clean the electrodes? I was trying to make my first pack last as long as possible, but they finally just got too gross, so I threw them away. I had tried cleaning with rubbing alcohol and then applying tac gel, bur I don't know, still seemed not clean and gross. So I went ahead and went to my next pack of 4 (I got the 3 extra packs of 4 when I ordered).

I do love it for sure-one of my fave gadgets.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sunrise wrote:
I also sometimes use a head massager (it looks like a crazy electronic helmet out of some kind of video game, lol!) It really gets those scalp muscles to wake up - helps forehead lines but from a different way to the safetox, and it isn't specifically targeting the same areas that the safetox targets, though lovely and relaxing... (and you think you look wierd wearing your safetox!!!

I like both...

Right, you got my attention Sunrise... not meaning to hijack the thread but what is the name of that head massager that gets the scalp muscles to wake up, please??? Drool
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany had mentioned contacting SafeTox directly re: a Level 2-5 device. Anyone know if that is possible and how much it would be?

Seems like a good idea and Im sooooo... tempted...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I encouraged a friend of mine to get the Safetox. She had been using botox on the 11's and forehead and she is 49. She had weaned herself off of botox and the area between her eyebows looked like the muscle was gathered up....I honestly wasn't sure if Safetox would get that flattened out. Four months later she looks amazing. Her crunched up area between her eye bows is as smooth and flat as it can be. She says she is faithful to use the device nightly and often goes for 5 rounds....also uses it in the morning for one round. I so wish I had taken before and after photos!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Bethany had mentioned contacting SafeTox directly re: a Level 2-5 device. Anyone know if that is possible and how much it would be?

Seems like a good idea and Im sooooo... tempted...

I got a quote...it was like $500. My contact who had said they could do it at no cost for EDS members left the company. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I got a quote...it was like $500. My contact who had said they could do it at no cost for EDS members left the company. Sad

Darn! "If it sounds too good to be true ..."
I did mention to this person at SafeTox that "others are also interested in a more powerful device on forums." Maybe it will stimulate some action on their part. Otherwise I will prob get the 3-level one.

While youre here Bethany, can you explain the 3 point placement of the electrodes?
thx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure how relevant this is, but when I asked STX-Med about Safetox vs Cefaly, the doctor told me not to use Cefaly electrodes with Safetox as it would be painful. You could inquire whether that equates to higher intensity of the Safetox device or just experiment with some Cefaly electrodes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Not sure how relevant this is, but when I asked STX-Med about Safetox vs Cefaly, the doctor told me not to use Cefaly electrodes with Safetox as it would be painful. You could inquire whether that equates to higher intensity of the Safetox device or just experiment with some Cefaly electrodes.

Thx for your reply fitgineer.
This is the answer I got from STX also:

"No, cefaly is not stronger. It is acting on the nerves to treat migraine when safetox acts on the muscles to reduce wrinkles. So, do not buy a cefaly instead of a safetox. I see with the technical department what would be feasible for you to have a stronger safetox and I keep you posted." (I interpret that as "I *will* see if its feasible and get back to you...")

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

Thx for your reply fitgineer.
This is the answer I got from STX also:

"No, cefaly is not stronger. It is acting on the nerves to treat migraine when safetox acts on the muscles to reduce wrinkles. So, do not buy a cefaly instead of a safetox. I see with the technical department what would be feasible for you to have a stronger safetox and I keep you posted." (I interpret that as "I *will* see if its feasible and get back to you...")

Fawnie, thanks for asking about the Cefaly....I always wondered if it was stronger/better.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |