Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Shockingly, I actually feel asleep while doing a treatment tonight...even though I had just changed the batteries! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to get this three-point placement nailed, and am running into the same problems I have with the Tua Viso. When I look at the diagram, the dot on the left (right side of face) appears to be over the center of the eye, whereas the dot on the other side is closer toward the middle of the face. Right now, I have the unit centered above my eye, with the bottom of the U about 1/2 inch above my eyebrow.

I am not sure if this is the right place. I am not sure what I am supposed to be feeling. The sensation is more diffuse than when it's on the 11s area. I don't know how best to get to stay on (do you all just hold it in place for the duration?)

Also, I have had it for a couple of weeks and still don't know how to translate all its beeps and other sounds. Is there a Safetox lexicon somewhere?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
I am trying to get this three-point placement nailed, and am running into the same problems I have with the Tua Viso. When I look at the diagram, the dot on the left (right side of face) appears to be over the center of the eye, whereas the dot on the other side is closer toward the middle of the face. Right now, I have the unit centered above my eye, with the bottom of the U about 1/2 inch above my eyebrow.

I am not sure if this is the right place. I am not sure what I am supposed to be feeling. The sensation is more diffuse than when it's on the 11s area. I don't know how best to get to stay on (do you all just hold it in place for the duration?)

Also, I have had it for a couple of weeks and still don't know how to translate all its beeps and other sounds. Is there a Safetox lexicon somewhere?

I don't mean this disrespectfully, but you may be overthinking it. I place the electrodes with the bottom of them close to my eyebrow, and then I swing the headset to the side a bit to latch it on to the electrode button. It will NOT fit smoothly because it is not actually supposed to be used that way. I personally lay down when I am doing this (with my head slightly turned during the eyebrow points) and that helps it stay on.

As far as the sensations, I do feel them in a more concentrated manner when using them over my eyebrows vs. what I feel when using it over my 11's.

On to the beeps....after you place the unit on your head, you:
- Press the button ONE time for Level 1 (a single chirp sounds)
- Press the button again quickly to move to Level 2 (you then hear "chirp chirp")
- Press it one more time to go to Level 3, and there is something like a 3 chirp noise.

If the unit is ON and you want to STOP it, you hit the button once and you will hear a weird electronic grinding noise (that I can't really describe!)...hit it immediately again and it will make the "turning off" chirpy noise and shut off.

If you have not achieved full contact when the unit is on (like if the electrodes start to unstick from your forehead), you will also hear the "turning off" chirpy noise and it will shut off on its own.

HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, bethany. I overthink way too much. No wonder I have forehead lines.

I appreciate the technique description and the explanation for the beeps. I did some more research and also tried to listen carefully after my last post. I think the occasional random beeps (when the unit is moved or an electrode is loose) were throwing me off.

I also went over the wrinkle diagram on the Safetox site - http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/index.html - don't remember seeing that before. And I will need to buy some tacgel.

Has anyone found another source for the electrodes? Seems as though electrodes are mostly a commodity item and shouldn't be as expensive as they are on Winhealth. But perhaps that is wishful thinking.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:

I appreciate the technique description and the explanation for the beeps. I did some more research and also tried to listen carefully after my last post. I think the occasional random beeps (when the unit is moved or an electrode is loose) were throwing me off.

Has anyone found another source for the electrodes? Seems as though electrodes are mostly a commodity item and shouldn't be as expensive as they are on Winhealth. But perhaps that is wishful thinking.

Hermosa I too struggled with the eye placement but now I think I nailed. I have to 'hold' it in place and it sure is intense almost unbearable for about 5 seconds then I'm fine.
I just ordered more electrodes from Win health. They were quick and speedy to get to me. Using the Tacgel increase the longevity 10 fold. I have had my Safetox for nearly 6 months and only ordered more the other day so I don't mind paying + the benefits are amazing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just had to post that I am seeing an AMAZING level of improvement in my jowls/mouth to chin line...all of this has happened since I started the 3 Point treatment on 3/12. Shock Shock Shock

Frankly, I wouldn't believe it if I was not seeing it for myself. (and I am definitely a skeptic!) If you have marionette lines, PLEASE start doing this so that you can kick those nasty lines right off your face!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just had to post that I am seeing an AMAZING level of improvement in my jowls/mouth to chin line...all of this has happened since I started the 3 Point treatment on 3/12. Shock Shock Shock

Frankly, I wouldn't believe it if I was not seeing it for myself. (and I am definitely a skeptic!) If you have marionette lines, PLEASE start doing this so that you can kick those nasty lines right off your face!

That is very exciting!! Please tell me again how many cycles you do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I just recieved my Safetox yesterday and saw immediate results of smoothing of my forehead. Simply amazing! I used a level 1 the first time - and used it twice yesterday.

questions - how many times can you use an electrode before it needs replacment? I haven't recieved my Tacgel yet. How long does the electrode last with the Tacgel

Also - how many days should I use the Safetox before I try the 3 point placement mentioned above? I've love to get a happier looking mouth - not a downturned one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

That is very exciting!! Please tell me again how many cycles you do.

I do 2-3 Level 3 cycles on EACH of the 3 point locations...I do this 4-5 days a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I just recieved my Safetox yesterday and saw immediate results of smoothing of my forehead. Simply amazing! I used a level 1 the first time - and used it twice yesterday.

questions - how many times can you use an electrode before it needs replacment? I haven't recieved my Tacgel yet. How long does the electrode last with the Tacgel

Also - how many days should I use the Safetox before I try the 3 point placement mentioned above? I've love to get a happier looking mouth - not a downturned one.

GRRRR...I wrote a LOOONG reply for you, and EDS went down as I hit the post button. Shock Mad Rolling Eyes Needless to say, I'm not happy.

I'll post later when they have their stability issues worked out. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

GRRRR...I wrote a LOOONG reply for you, and EDS went down as I hit the post button. Shock Mad Rolling Eyes Needless to say, I'm not happy.

That happened to me on another thread - and it was a LONG reply too!

On your reply for the 3 pt TX - it looks like I should wait a few days until I work up to the level 3. I did do a level 2 first thing this morning, so I'm getting right into it! It's a wonderful thing...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have not yet had electrodes wear out (ordered the tacgel; waiting for that). The level 3 isn't bad at all once you get used to the initial jolt. And it's so easy just to leave it on for multiple cycles. Unlike FE or LEDs or most other treatments, you don't have to do anything!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing 2, level-3 sessions on each point too. I have been doing this 5-6 days per week. The difference in my NL's is huge. I can't believe it, but it is a big difference.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I also have to chime in on this subject. I have been using the Safetox for a few weeks now and I have not been doing the 3 point...I have only been doing the 1 point that is in the instruction manual.

I am a little scared to do it above the eye brows because in all the facial exercise books I have they say to exercise the muscle above the brows to make it stronger so it holds the brow up to where it was when we were younger. I would think that by relaxing that muscle it would eventually make the brow fall. Kinda like people who have had botox injections done in the wrong place over the brow area and the brows fall some.

With that being said even just doing the one point I have seen some major improvements in the NL area. I have not changed anything else in my regiment except for adding the Safetox to it. So I would have to say that this improvement is from the Safetox.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins - you made some good points. I hope the veterans can comment on that.

Can anyone say how many uses they got out of one of the electrodes (that come 4 to a satchet)?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
If I write a really long, in-depth post, I've got in the habit of copying it before I try to post. Then, if disaster strikes, I haven't lost everything. It's happened to me so many times - and it's always a post that I've laboured over!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
lisacollins - you made some good points. I hope the veterans can comment on that.

Can anyone say how many uses they got out of one of the electrodes (that come 4 to a satchet)?

Once you use the TacGel - the number of uses of one electrode is indefinite - they just go on forever.

I'll leave it to the facial exercise gurus to comment on Lisa's points.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Here is an article that discusses the frontalis muscle (referred to in the article as "fronties) and Botox use.

http://www.prlog.org/10202705-blondes-guide-to-botox-by-dr-patrick-treacy.html

It basically says that when treating the forehead for horizontal lines that if the frontalis muscle is not properly treated it can cause it to fall. It seems from the article that to do it correctly the Botox has to be injected in the correct spots of the frontalis muscle or it would fall or sink as the article says. With the Safetox using electrical pulses to deaden the muscle how would someone know how far those pulses travel and if they were eventually deadening the whole frontalis muscle causing it to eventually make the eye brows droop.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
foxe wrote:

Here is an article that discusses the frontalis muscle (referred to in the article as "fronties) and Botox use.

It basically says that when treating the forehead for horizontal lines that if the frontalis muscle is not properly treated it can cause it to fall. It seems from the article that to do it correctly the Botox has to be injected in the correct spots of the frontalis muscle or it would fall or sink as the article says. With the Safetox using electrical pulses to deaden the muscle how would someone know how far those pulses travel and if they were eventually deadening the whole frontalis muscle causing it to eventually make the eye brows droop.

Safetox promotes the muscles in the back of the head, which actually pull the Frontalis up and back.

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/anti-wrinkles/the-facial-muscles.html

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/anti-wrinkles/the-principles-behind-it.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
foxe wrote:

Cliff notes version:

I can use one electrode with Tacgel for a couple of weeks, then I start to see a decline in the quality of the electrical transmissions (it gets weird...you'll know what I mean when it happens).

I also keep a couple of electrodes going at one time because they get hot during the treatment, become less sticky, and slide on my head. Shock

And I would start the 3 Point treatment immediately...just work up to the various levels as you can.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:
foxe wrote:

Safetox promotes the muscles in the back of the head, which actually pull the Frontalis up and back.

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/anti-wrinkles/the-facial-muscles.html

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/anti-wrinkles/the-principles-behind-it.html

Yes, when used as directed with it on the point between the eyebrows on the noise.

I wonder what their assessment would be with placing it actually on the frontallis which may deaden the frontalis muscle.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
Yes, when used as directed with it on the point between the eyebrows on the noise.

I wonder what their assessment would be with placing it actually on the frontallis which may deaden the frontalis muscle.

I wrote to them yesterday...when they reply, I'll ask them. But did you actually read the links above? They specifically talk about deadening the frontalis (as indicated by the big red sections in the first link), so that seems to be their end goal here unless I'm missing something.

I haven't seen anything but improvement with this method after doing it this way since 3/12, but deviating from the directions certainly isn't for everyone. I would do only what you're comfortable with doing, and feel free to reach out to the real experts (at Safetox) on your own.

I did run down to the magnifying mirror and checked my eyelids before replying...definitely way more lifted than when I started the 3 point treatment. Very Happy (this is something I watch for since I had reached the point where my eyeliner was rubbing off on my upper lids)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:

I wrote to them yesterday...when they reply, I'll ask them. But did you actually read the links above? They specifically talk about deadening the frontalis (as indicated by the big red sections in the first link), so that seems to be their end goal here unless I'm missing something.

I haven't seen anything but improvement with this method after doing it this way since 3/12, but deviating from the directions certainly isn't for everyone. I would do only what you're comfortable with doing, and feel free to reach out to the real experts (at Safetox) on your own.

I did run down to the magnifying mirror and checked my eyelids before replying...definitely way more lifted than when I started the 3 point treatment. Very Happy (this is something I watch for since I had reached the point where my eyeliner was rubbing off on my upper lids)

The only way to really test what the results would be by placing the electrodes on the frontallis muscle would be to try it for a few weeks with just placing it on the frontallis muscles and not on the muscles between the eyebrows.

The results you are seeing are hard to say the are due to the frontallis. I have only used the one point and it took about three weeks till I saw definite results. So if I would have started by doing all three points I would have thought it was because of all three that gave me the results...also I i would have added the two other points a week or two into my three weeks then I would have thought it was because of those two extra points that made the difference when in fact at the three week mark I am now seeing the improvements with the one point.

The only way to completely test this theory is to use it on the nose point for a few weeks and see the results...then only use it on the frontallis points for a few weeks and see the results.

I do know on my own results it took a few weeks to see the great improvements...and I was thinking about a week ago adding the frontallis points when I saw all the posts but I just never had the time so I kept up with just the one point and now it is amazing the results.

I really think that it takes some time for the muscle to deaden (unlike with Botox which is much quicker at deadening them) to start to see results.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:

The only way to really test what the results would be by placing the electrodes on the frontallis muscle would be to try it for a few weeks with just placing it on the frontallis muscles and not on the muscles between the eyebrows.

The results you are seeing are hard to say they are due to the extra frontallis points. I have only used the one point at the nose and it took about three weeks till I saw definite results. So if I would have started by doing all three points I would have thought it was because of all three that gave me the results...also if I would have added the two other frontallis points a week or two into my three weeks then I would have thought it was because of those two extra points that made the difference...when in fact at the three week mark I am now seeing the major improvements with the one point because I feel it just took time to deaden the muscles it needed to.

The only way to completely test this theory is to use it on the one nose point for a few weeks and see the results...then only use it on the frontallis points for a few weeks and see the results.

I do know on my own results it took a few weeks to see the great improvements...and I was thinking about a week ago adding the frontallis points when I saw all the posts but I just never had the time so I kept up with just the one point and now it is amazing the results.

I really think that it takes some time for the muscle to deaden (unlike with Botox which is much quicker at deadening them) to start to see results. If I just do it for one cycle I really don't feel it has done much...when I do it for 3-five minute cycles I feel a tingle in the muscle like it feels like ants crawling under the skin and then I can tell something is happening with the muscle.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
At the end of the day, you can pick it apart however you want. Good luck to you on however and whatever you choose to do.

I'm happy with the results and what I have seen after using Safetox over long periods of time with different approaches (including months off in the middle), and I am going to keep doing it this way. I may be a former market researcher, but I'm going to pass on the need for clinicals in this instance. Should I suffer a collapse of my forehead down to my knees, I'll be sure to post immediately. Laughing

Nuff said for me on this topic. Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |