Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RickR

Sun May 09, 2010 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I had some questions regarding Safetox:

1. Does Safetox grow collagen or tighen the skin, or does it just numb the area (like botox) so that the wrinkles appear relaxed?

2. Do the effects of Safetox (if any) disappear if Safetox is not used regularly?

3. Is safetox clinically proven? Have there been any studies done about this approach?

5. How about safety? Is using a zapping device so close to the brain competely safe, and if so, where can we find scientific documentation that it is safe? Or should we just take the manufacturer's word for it?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 4:23 am      Reply with quote
RickR wrote:

1. Does Safetox grow collagen or tighen the skin, or does it just numb the area (like botox) so that the wrinkles appear relaxed?

2. Do the effects of Safetox (if any) disappear if Safetox is not used regularly?

3. Is safetox clinically proven? Have there been any studies done about this approach?

5. How about safety? Is using a zapping device so close to the brain competely safe, and if so, where can we find scientific documentation that it is safe? Or should we just take the manufacturer's word for it?

I suggest you take a look at the Safetox website - it should contain all the info you need: http://www.safetox.com/

As for zapping close to the brain. Just about all modern beauty treatments seem to use some form of electrical current; Radio Frequency, Microcurrent, LED, High Frequency, Laser, IPL etc etc. I have not heard of read of any dangers. I use a plethora of gadgets, all pulsing some form of electrical current into me - as yet, I haven't fried my brain and I don't glow in the dark!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
RickR wrote:

I suggest you take a look at the Safetox website - it should contain all the info you need: http://www.safetox.com/

Here is an answer to #5 that was posted on the previous page.

Quote:
Q2. Are there any risks to OVERUSING the Safetox unit? (we love to use it, and often do more cycles that recommended in the manual)

No definitively there is no risk of overusing the Safetox. We are primarily a medical company using neurostimulation systems to treat neurologic disorders or pain syndromes as severe migraines. We’ve got more than 10 years of experience with patients receiving similar treatments than Safetox but with 12 hours a day sessions. Not any significant side effect has been reported.

As Keliu said, the website has the majority of your answers. And feel free to email Kevin at Safetox at info@stx-med.com with any of your additional questions since I doubt that we will have the detailed answers you will want.

And if you are looking to have a discussion similar to the Science of Copper Peptides thread, you might want to start a separate thread so that others don't have to wade through that for usage tips, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Bethany, I do facial exercises. I've been doing FlexEffect for about two and a half months. But, the waiting for the exercises to do their thing really requires a lot of patience. Before FE I did Ageless for several months. Your results sound so great, I thought a little extra help couldn't hurt.

It can't hurt, and it will help with any lines. But I think it just comes down to patience and whether you want to spend the money. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Phew, just spent few hours reading through the entire thread Shock! I am very interested in this toy, to say the least Wink .
My main concerns are droopy eye-brows and eye-lids, 11s, NL & ML. This thingy seems to help with all of these problems, right? Do you think it would help open up the eyes?
Many thanks for all the posts, info and updates.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Phew, just spent few hours reading through the entire thread Shock! I am very interested in this toy, to say the least Wink .
My main concerns are droopy eye-brows and eye-lids, 11s, NL & ML. This thingy seems to help with all of these problems, right? Do you think it would help open up the eyes?
Many thanks for all the posts, info and updates.

Rubby, I know Toby said it helped open up her eyes, and hopefully others can chime in as well. But the literature definitely says it opens up the eyes.

I also do one basic eye exercise along with the Safetox that worked for me prior to the Safetox. That basically took from my eyeliner rubbing off on my upper lid, to that not happening at all, so you can get some benefit without surgery!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I posted before and after pics of what it did for my eyes - but I'm not sure which page they're on. But I'm sure they're still there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I posted before and after pics of what it did for my eyes - but I'm not sure which page they're on. But I'm sure they're still there.

Yes Keliu, I saw your picks. Fantastic improvements!Dancing I really, really want this, but will have to wait with any major investments for now (hubby looking for a new job). Also, i am tempted to wait until the company makes all the updates and upgrades they hinted to in their response to Bethany. But then, that can take another 8-12 months . . . . Confused

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
HI,Everyone, Well I am (again) at a point where I don't know what to do. My buccinator indentation is really becoming noticeable. Sad At first, I thought it was just me being too thin. However, after reading some of your posts here, I'm starting to think my Tua Trend is the culprit. Because my eyelids have really started to sag,I'm interested in Safetox, but I live in the United States. Am I correct in understanding that there are additional taxes, tarriffs on Safetox to be shipped here?
I went to Youtube to try to understand how to use Safetox. I'm confused about the gel and 3 points vs. 1 point.
Could someone help clarify these issues for me?
Thank you very much. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI,Everyone, Well I am (again) at a point where I don't know what to do. My buccinator indentation is really becoming noticeable. Sad At first, I thought it was just me being too thin. However, after reading some of your posts here, I'm starting to think my Tua Trend is the culprit. Because my eyelids have really started to sag,I'm interested in Safetox, but I live in the United States. Am I correct in understanding that there are additional taxes, tarriffs on Safetox to be shipped here?
I went to Youtube to try to understand how to use Safetox. I'm confused about the gel and 3 points vs. 1 point.
Could someone help clarify these issues for me?
Thank you very much. Smile

Mars, some of us are seeing buccinator indentation from Safetox, so I'm not sure that will help you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the tua tr'end along with the Safetox with excellent result, esp. the 3 point method!

I also use a variety of other gadgets, such as dermawand, lightstim, ect.

I am soooo pleased though using the 3 point method, makes such a difference!! Very Happy
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Bira wrote:
ATester wrote:
Hi everybody,
Well, this is one gadget I do have out of all mentioned in this forum!!! Can't believe it!
I've only used it on and off, but it does actually seem to anesthesize the brow for a while.
I personally need to use the top power, number three. Seems very strong to begin with, but in my case is the best.
I've only used it for headache/migraine purposes, but I must say it does seem to pull the muscles (when 'on' I can feel it going up and down, I first thought that the actual gadget was slipping, yet it is not the actual safetox going up and down but the muscles that move, so it works somehow!!)
Sorry, I can't report on effects over facial lines, as I purchased it for my migraines.

Hi, I'm very much interested in this gadget for migraines. Do you need to use it daily to stop the migraines?

Please tell me more. I'm very excited about the possibility of no more migraines.

Bira,

The Cephaly unit is designed specifically for headaches, while the Safetox is more for facial aesthetics, with some possible headache relief as a bonus.

I can tell you that the Safetox did not do a thing for my caffeine withdrawal headache tonight, darn it. Sad

Hi Bira, as said by Bethany, for migraines apparently it is best to use the Cephaly, same team behind the Safetox, there is a user here (sorry can't remember the name Embarassed ) It has turned out to be a long post yet I know there is a poster here with more or less good results with the Cephaly. I'll try to check it out so you may PM her to ask.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bira, searched, the poster that has Chepaly, specific for migraines is Trigger, you should read more or less from the page 12 onwards of this post and look out for Trigger's comments.
I personally haven't had a migraine in the last few months, don't ask why, I personally think it may just be due to age...less hormonal activity Crying or Very sad
I am pleased with my use of the Safetox for the actual meaning of it, the horizontal forehead lines are less long,and I seem to be noticing my eyes kind of opening, I suppose I have to use it for longer to notice any difference in the rest of my face,
Very important for me now is changing the batteries often enough for the gadget to work full blow.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Q & A from Kevin! (questions from RickR)

Quote:
Q1. Does Safetox grow collagen or tighen the skin, or does it just numb the area (like botox) so that the wrinkles appear relaxed?

Safetox has likely no action on collagen but as it increases the blood flow in the skin capillaries it is considered to improve the skin quality. Skin biopsies have shown the capillaries and coetaneous tissues improvement. That’s actually an advantage compared to Botox which has no action on the skin itself.

Q2. Do the effects of Safetox (if any) disappear if Safetox is not used regularly?

When someone stop completely using Safetox the effects disappear progressively after 3 months but recovering the benefit is a lot quicker when resuming safetox than the first time. Usually just within a few weeks the effect is back.

Q3. Is safetox clinically proven? Have there been any studies done about this approach?

Yes definitively. There are several clinical tests by independent labs in France. Assessment was made through laser 3 D pictures to measure the wrinkles depth.

Q4. How about safety? Is using a zapping device so close to the brain competely safe, and if so, where can we find scientific documentation that it is safe? Or should we just take the manufacturer's word for it?

That’s similar to your question about an over use risk. We’ve got more than 10 years of experience with patients receiving similar treatments than Safetox but with 12 hours a day sessions. Not any significant side effect has been reported. Our vigilance system didn’t report any significant side effect. The dose of electromagnetic waves is less when you face your TV screen.

5% products discount

Tue May 11, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
interesting! looks like a good try!
Mélusine
5% products discount

Thu May 13, 2010 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Got my Safetox 2 days ago. Start at level 3 after one session. I am now doing 3 times level 3 sessions morning and evening (2 x 15 min). Is it too much or can I still increase ? I am very impatient to see results Wink
Thanks for your feedback.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Mélusine wrote:
Got my Safetox 2 days ago. Start at level 3 after one session. I am now doing 3 times level 3 sessions morning and evening (2 x 15 min). Is it too much or can I still increase ? I am very impatient to see results Wink
Thanks for your feedback.

Are you doing the 1 point or 3 point treatment?

5% products discount

Thu May 13, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I am doing the 1 point treatment. I wanted to get used to it before going to the 3 points. Do you think it is better to do the 3 points 1 time or 1 point 3 times ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Mélusine wrote:
I am doing the 1 point treatment. I wanted to get used to it before going to the 3 points. Do you think it is better to do the 3 points 1 time or 1 point 3 times ?

I would personally stick with the 1 point the first week or two, and get used to that. Then you can move to 3 points, because the outer points really are a little tougher.

Whe you get to the 3 points, I would do the middle point first (all 3 cycles), and then add 1 cycle on each of the outer points. You can then work up to 3 cycles on each (that's what I do now).

HTH!

5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2010 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot Bethany. I'll do so and will keep you posted on the results.

I had another question. I am on maintenance with Slendertone Face but I was wondering how this fits with Safetox Question Anyone around here doing both ?

THKS Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Mélusine wrote:
Thanks a lot Bethany. I'll do so and will keep you posted on the results.

I had another question. I am on maintenance with Slendertone Face but I was wondering how this fits with Safetox Question Anyone around here doing both ?

THKS Wink

I do both - and, quite frankly, I worry that one cancels out the other! However, I have not seen any real results from using the Slendertone Face so at the moment I'm just using the Safetox.

If you wish to use both - I was using Safetox in the morning and SF in the evening.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I saw the links to the sites that sell this, but I want to know from those in the U.S., which website did you buy yours from? Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I saw the links to the sites that sell this, but I want to know from those in the U.S., which website did you buy yours from? Thanks!

I bought mine from the link below because they had great feedback on amazon.

http://www.body4real.co.uk/product.php?productid=17981

However, I might hold off on ordering for a little bit...I had a very interesting email conversation with the manufacturer this week regarding EDS, and we will be continuing it next week. I'll keep you posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just realized that I have been doing the 3 Point treatment for about 7 weeks now, so figured I would give an update on everything...

Marionette Lines - This is the best my MLs have looked in YEARS (including after I had filler injected!) There is still a little ways to go, but the improvement is VERY significant. So significant that I am contemplating buying a 2nd unit just in case something happens to my current one, and so that I can also keep one in my office and ensure that I use it 2x day. I love this thing!!! Very Happy

Forehead wrinkles - The 3 major wrinkles I have across my forehead (1 for each of my major employers in my career Rolling Eyes ) are diminished maybe 60%. That's a guesstimate since I can't measure line depth, but I definitely feel like they are far less obvious than before. Shockingly, I may actually continue with no botox...they really do look that much better. But are they "gone" like with Botox? Nope. But does my forehead move like a normal person? Yep. Laughing

Glabella (11's) - This is the area where I have seen the least improvement, though they are still softened by maybe 25%. I suspect the lack is progress is because these are more due to me sleeping on my side. I may have to try the Breath Right strips to see if that helps.

Misc - I am also seeing my cheeks indenting a bit, and it certainly isn't because of any weight loss (darn it). Speaking of that, I am finally back on thyroid meds, and I am hoping that the Safetox usage may help me ward off any sagging should I eventually win the battle and lose the weight.

Just a quick update at 8 weeks...

Forehead wrinkles - I had assumed that my forehead wrinkles would never really look better than they did after using the unit for the very first time. I am very glad to say that I was WRONG! Shock My forehead wrinkles are definitely far improved over what they were even a week ago, so these improvements definitely do come over time.

Based on what I see today, I am definitely not getting Botox at this point in time...even if I did not improve beyond this point I would be pretty happy and consider it money well spent.

Glabella (11's) - These have softened a bit more as well.

Marionette Lines - Improvement here is slowing down, because there is less to fix. But there is still a ways to go, and I am hoping that continued use will eliminate them.

My Routine - 3 Level3 Cycles on each of the 3 Points - done twice each day (afternoon and evening)

Fri May 14, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Currently I'm using the Lightstim, but would like to get the Safetox too.
Any suggestion how to incorporate the LightStim, Tanaka massage, Clarisonic face brush and Safetox in a daily face care regime ?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |