Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Early review of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I have the normal version of the TM in nude and I just dont get what the hype is with this TM. I've had this moisturiser for a year now but with my stash of skincare stuff, I've not got round to using it...til now

The shade nude is the 2nd lightest and yet it makes me look quite dark and dirty, and in some light, I look ORANGE. So it definately does not give me that healthy glow everyone seems to rave about when using this TM.

Cos I've not been using it long enough, maybe a little over a week, I cant say whether it causes breakouts. But my face does feel itchy at times, though there's no visible bumps. I make sure I wash this off properly every night, so I'm using DHC oil cleanser

I got this 40ml tube in a promo package along with some other LM things, so for this TM, it works out about 250HKD. Its definately cheaper than buying it individually, as its about 350HKD. So without it being on promotion, the TM definately isnt worth it IMO

When people say that this TM gives them a dewy look, all I can see in the mirror is shine Mad . I've tried using this alone on bare skin, but it does not provide enough moisture but still shiny. So I used it after my moisturiser, but then that made me look oily. Soooo, to combat the shine, I used a bit of powder or sometimes MMU on top of the TM, but that made me look too made up and cakey. There just isnt any way to make this TM work for me.

As for the coverage, its a thumbs down again cos its too sheer. I wasnt expecting much as this is a TM and not a foundation. But other than making my red acne marks look pink, it doesnt cover the redness around my nose and cheeks.

Other than the SPF, there's not many positive things I can say about this TM. If I dont have any major skincare issues then I guess this TM is ok, as it offers 3 things in 1 product (tinted, moisture, SPF)

If anyone wants, I can provide a pic of the colour of the TM on the back of my hand just so you have idea of what the nude looks like Smile
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I had a oil-free version of LM tinted moisterizer, but I think it is a little bit dry and dificult to blend it.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have decided to quit using this TM for the meantime. It highlights my pores and is too oily for my liking. Also, it seems to wipe off quite easily. Its not completely wiped off but every time I blot my face with a tissue, the tissue turns slightly orange. I wouldnt say I would never use it, as its a sunscreen that doesnt cause breakouts. So I could save it to use when I've got a tan or maybe in the winter when my skin's too oily.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using LM tinted moisturizer for more than 2 years, and still plan to continue using it. I'm a very lazy person, and don't like to spend too much time on makeups. So every morning before I go to work, I just use La Mer and LM tinted moisturizer and then leave. It can adjust my complexion a little bit, and it also has SPF 20, which also saves my time to use sunblock. It maybe oily to some people, and I know yeahyeah should be still a young girl, and maybe that's why you think it's too oily for you.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I have decided to quit using this TM for the meantime. It highlights my pores and is too oily for my liking. Also, it seems to wipe off quite easily. Its not completely wiped off but every time I blot my face with a tissue, the tissue turns slightly orange. I wouldnt say I would never use it, as its a sunscreen that doesnt cause breakouts. So I could save it to use when I've got a tan or maybe in the winter when my skin's too oily.

Oh, forgot to say that this TM is indeed very easy to be wiped off. I also hate it to be just stuck in the wrinkles.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again!
I'm the same as you. I always want an all-in-one product instead of using several and waiting x minutes in between each layer. But cant believe you stuck with LM for 2 years though! You may want to look into bb creams- I'm experimenting with them at the moment. It's like tinted moisturiser but has more oil control, has healing properties, coverage and SPF.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Hi again!
I'm the same as you. I always want an all-in-one product instead of using several and waiting x minutes in between each layer. But cant believe you stuck with LM for 2 years though! You may want to look into bb creams- I'm experimenting with them at the moment. It's like tinted moisturiser but has more oil control, has healing properties, coverage and SPF.

Thank you for your recommendation. I've heard BB has good coverage, but my concern is since I'm not as young as you are, oil control should not be suitable for me any more. Actually, the biggest bother for me is what you mentioned last time: It's too easy to be wiped off..
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Dr Jart bb cream right now and this doesnt wipe off at all and is 10 times better than LM. You can buy it in HK, I think for less than 250HKD. I located a shop in Causeway Bay that sells Dr Jart and other Korean skincare brands, I've written the address down already even though I wont be going to HK til end of August-September Embarassed . You should really give it a try!
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I'm using Dr Jart bb cream right now and this doesnt wipe off at all and is 10 times better than LM. You can buy it in HK, I think for less than 250HKD. I located a shop in Causeway Bay that sells Dr Jart and other Korean skincare brands, I've written the address down already even though I wont be going to HK til end of August-September Embarassed . You should really give it a try!

Your words "10 times better than LM" successfully drag me into another deep hole. Maybe I will again stick to it for more than 2 years.

When I was in HK, I used to use "Glycel
UV WHITENING UV Veil SPF18". That one is pretty good, also from Switzerland, but I didn't find it here.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:
Your words "10 times better than LM" successfully drag me into another deep hole. Maybe I will again stick to it for more than 2 years.

UV WHITENING UV Veil SPF18". That one is pretty good, also from Switzerland, but I didn't find it here.

I've never heard of Glycel, but when I googled it, I found it onwww.sasa.com so maybe you can order from Sasa. But from the prices, you can sure tell its made from Switzerland.
Hmm, I wonder if anyone else uses Gylcel cos I dont think its been mentioned here
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with yeahyeah in that I don't get the hype. I bought it a while ago after lemming for it from all the good reviews. Stupid me. It leaves an oily looking finish and made my face appear dirty. It doesn't cover anything. Halfway through the day it started looking orangish. I tried to make it work because of the expense. Unfortunately, I had to toss this $40 tube of yuck in the trash. Argh!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I found this was a product that I liked to like and wanted to like. I first used it and thought it was fantastic. But I used it everyday and, each day I seemed to find more and more flaw with it to the point that I realised - its just not that good. Maybe one day I will find that item that will make my skin look creamy and flawless but really, this was not the item.I do give it kudos for being a good match to my skin.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I fell for the hype as well - then immediately thought - "well, it's gotta be me" b/c I was so underwhelmed by it....back to Sephora it went. It looked horrible on me and I could not get it to spread well - it looked chalky and yucky. I'm having much better luck with Illuminaire's liquid mineral foundation..using their Flawless Finish....not too shabby so far! I'll do a full review after a month of use just to be fair and now that summer's here. (I'll want to test it's long-lasting-ness).

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have been singing the relative virtues of Shiseido Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20. I find that the Medium Deep is just right for my normally Light-Medium skin color and stays on all day. In the heat I am too lazy to use MMU and all its layers and this is a really good TM. It sinks in nicely and I doubt it would give anyone a white cast. I'm quite happy with it and am suprised no one else comments on it much on EDS.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
I have been singing the relative virtues of Shiseido Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20. I find that the Medium Deep is just right for my normally Light-Medium skin color and stays on all day. In the heat I am too lazy to use MMU and all its layers and this is a really good TM. It sinks in nicely and I doubt it would give anyone a white cast. I'm quite happy with it and am suprised no one else comments on it much on EDS.

Good to know that Shiseido works well on you. I think it's time for me to change another TM now.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
jhelenhan wrote:

I've never heard of Glycel, but when I googled it, I found it onwww.sasa.com so maybe you can order from Sasa. But from the prices, you can sure tell its made from Switzerland.
Hmm, I wonder if anyone else uses Gylcel cos I dont think its been mentioned here

That's brand in Sasa. I used to buy all my skincares there. I don't buy skincare from Sasa any more, since their online products are not as fresh as those in the local store. You may ignore my comments, and I wrote down just because I suddenly remembered what I used in HK.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady Is the Shiseido TM easy to blend? Is it suitable for acneic skin and whats the coverage like?
Thanks

jhelenhan I'll be sure to test out the Glycel when I'm in Sasa and if they still have that student discount, I'll get one of my cousins to go with me so I can get that discount Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |