Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How much /month for skin supplements?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
As titled. Do u ladies think it's alright to spend $100/month on supplements that're supposed to be good for the skin or overall well being.

I take a multi vitamin and Omega 3. And planning to add more to it. I've been taking it for more than 2 months or so but seriously, I didn't really notice any improvement in my skin in terms of hydration or skin tone...

So yeah just wanna get some feedbacks on it. Smile
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I spend more than $100/mo. on supplements. I feel fortunate that I can afford to and consider it an investment in my overall health and well-being - kind of like an insurance policy I guess. Does it make a difference???? I don't really know but I'd like to believe it does...
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi shelly, I can afford the cost too but sometimes just feel like I'm wasting money on something that I'm not seeing results yet...
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is worthwhile to spend money on good supplements, and more important then topical skin care. Need to put time into understanding what is good and what is just marketing. Supplements is a science on its own.
Ocean14
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Same here Stardustdy, I dont really notice anything from the omega 3's at all. I take them bc I have dry skin, but doesnt seem to really help. However I still think its one of the best supplements to take. You could try taking Gluocasamine supplements which stimulates an increase in hyaluronic acid synthesis. I've read that people notice that their skin looks more "plump" with that supplement. Also, I buy Dr. Brandt Antioxidant Water Boosters ($35) which you could look into. A little pricey but I think its worth it. Overall, I think a good balance of supplements at a reasonable cost will eventually show effects in the long term, just like how it takes awhile to notice the results sunscreen and antioxidants will give you down the road.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I spend more money on supplements than on skin care products
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I spend a little over $100 a month on good quality supplements and I feel that they are really worth it. Since I have been taking them for the past 3 years (the cost has been steadily increasing since the health improvements became more obvious!)I have not had a full blown cold and most of the time my cold symptoms are so weak that I never have to take time off. As for my stamina and energy levels, that has also improved so much.

Everything I take is just general vitamins and nutrients with high bioavailability. I have not considered these various single compound anti oxidants yet, not sure those are so essential for my body yet.

I notice such a huge difference when I stop taking my supplements. I ran out of Vit B complex for almost a month, and because I do not eat a lot of bread products, I felt like ^*&%*& for the longest time.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Not usually but I am trialing Murad Firm & Tone supplements to see if it has any effect on my butt. Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:30 am      Reply with quote
If you can afford it without stretching your budget and you see results then go for it! I couldn't personally justify it - but everyone has a different amount they're comfortable investing in for beauty.

Let us know how those additional supplements go for you Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I spend about $150 a month on diet supplements and think it's worth the costs.

What really made a difference on my skin, was introducing wheat and barley grass. I am having a green drink on an empty stomach every morning. Beta glucans supplements and krill oil have also helped with keeping eczema at bay.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
What really made a difference on my skin, was introducing wheat and barley grass. I am having a green drink on an empty stomach every morning. Beta glucans supplements and krill oil have also helped with keeping eczema at bay.

Septembergirl, which green drink do you have? Does it come in powder or is it like a green juice?
Thx!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:

Septembergirl, which green drink do you have? Does it come in powder or is it like a green juice?
Thx!

I currently use Green Magma from Dr Hagiwara. It's a powder made from organic young barley grass juice. I mix it with water and drink it 20 minutes before breakfast. It took two months before I saw an improvement in skin clarity and noticed a healthy, rosy glow.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
For what it's worth,currently the canadian govt it trying to fast track a bill to restrict the ability to buy supplements, also because of codex, the US is likely to follow if this bill passes.
http://www.acubalance.ca/content/bill-c51-taking-away-your-right-natural-health-products-canada
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I spend $100 per month on supplement
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:13 am      Reply with quote
some month i might spend more, others less, but in average i think its much less than $100...

i like supplements much, and think they are worth the money...

unfortunately i get quickly lazy with taking them...so they last long time Wink
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
For what it's worth,currently the canadian govt it trying to fast track a bill to restrict the ability to buy supplements, also because of codex, the US is likely to follow if this bill passes.
http://www.acubalance.ca/content/bill-c51-taking-away-your-right-natural-health-products-canada

hhm this sounds a bit serius. I wonder if it's really going to happen or not...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Have you heard of a product called 'Better Than Greens'? It is green food which claims to better than Green Magma and a better price also. I'm thinking of giving this product a try. I've used Barleens and this is also an expensive green food product.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried Q6? Is it so effective for anti-aging?
soliloquy
5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! I must spend $300 a month at least on supplements. Between that & what I'm willing to spend for face & body creams I can't afford a new pair of shoes...but Decleor body oil smells sooo good & makes my skin so soft & one HAS to have cellulite gel & of course a rich & lightly scented body cream. The supplements are mainly for auto immune stuff-though at 47 & way too much sun in my youth my skin looks pretty good which I think is a side benefit of the supplements.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely! I think taking supplements is a little like health insurance. Most people do not get everything they need from their diet so supplements ensure you do.
I am only just starting on Omegas though - that was the one supplement I had not been taking, will be interesting to see any changes from it.

One thing that is very important with supplements is to drink lots of water to help break them down and distribute them Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I spend $200 dollars a month on supplements. I have taken supplements for 30 years and don't plan on stopping. I think that one has to feed the inside as well as use topical creams and potions. I also feel it's impossible to get all of ones nutritional needs in the daily diet or I should say in my diet. Anyways, to me, supplements play a major role in good health and great skin.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I spend less than $100 per month on supplements. The supplements last more than a month. I take mainly Genestra and Thorne supplements and Carlson fish & cod liver oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know how much I spend but feel what I take is all worth it. Omega's, Exotic Blend fruits, Pycnogenol, MSM. Need to look up this Dr. Brandt product Ocean 14 mentioned.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
ummm I spend about $60 a month...

Curious...what do you take for sun damage?

Thanks
Andrea01
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know if EDS sells any skin supplements? How do I search?

Where can I get the Ocena 14 potion?

Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |