Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Addicted to MAC concealer...need something healthier!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
7angels

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I"m new here.

Just need some advice on concealers that really work but don't clog your pores...

Just went to get a facial and the lady said my skin look clogged and asphyxiated. Meaning it's not getting enough circulation to breath. All the extractions she did was so painful I was crying in the chair!

I would love to go without concealer and powder but I'm addicted! I always have 5 to 10 blemishes to cover up and I feel like I"m on a vicious cycle b/c it's the concealer/powder combo that's causing the blemishes.

Any advice on good concealers ladies??? Thanks in advance for your help!

(I also plan on saving up for a Clarisonic brush! Smile hopefully that helps...
Artic_Mama
5% products discount

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Aromaleigh mineral foundation has a wonderful powered concealer that covers very well but is inert - won't clog your pores, won't keep your skin from breathing. You can get samples very cheaply to make sure you get the right color match and like the product. They also carry foundations I have found perfect for my very sensitive, acne prone skin. Plus, because it is mineral concealer the foundation level is extremely variable compared to a cream foundation.

http://www.aromaleigh.com/pucolopocofo.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Everydayminerals is another mineral make up company that has good concealers. Their Intensive formula concealers are better than cream concealers that I have used and blend into my skin better as well. They have a free sample kit that includes a concealer (together with 3 foundations and one blush). You pay for shipping but it only costs a few US dollars. Mineral make up is worth looking into if you are prone to clogged pores. The website iswww.everydayminerals.com.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am only now starting with mineral make up and I'm doing it with mad minerals. I like that the ingredients lists are simple and healthy and it's inexpensive. I wore it today and it looked good, but it's not like I have other mineral make up to compare it to.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, I've been using MMU for a bit more than a yr... I sometimes feel that I do have congested pores but not sure if it's from the MMU or not...

But just be careful that some ppl might also break out too from the high content of Titanium or Zinc Oxide...
partemi
5% products discount

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:23 am      Reply with quote
i'm about to try Alison Raffaele's True Concealer. i've heard good things.
also, i vouch that Aromaleigh is pretty good.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
While you are saving up for the Clarisonic--and it is really worth it to deal with clogged pores--try using a microfiber face cloth for washing your face. They can be very helpful in removing those hard to remove bits of makeup, sebum, sunscreen, etc.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
While you are saving up for the Clarisonic--and it is really worth it to deal with clogged pores--try using a microfiber face cloth for washing your face. They can be very helpful in removing those hard to remove bits of makeup, sebum, sunscreen, etc.

Would like to know what's the hype with the Clarisonic and microfiber cloth? Does a regular face towel do the same job too? I always feel those are too heavy duty for my face if I need to use it to scrap my face? Confused
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
The Clarisonic and microfiber cloth are MUCH more gentle than a towel or face cloth. They don't feel scratchy or abrasive. (This can backfire with the microfiber, as you can take layers off without even realizing it.)

Ironically, the Clarisonic and microfiber are especially skin savers if you believe terrycloth is too hard on your face. They will do the job without the concomitant irritation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
In my experience, a heavy duty towel wouldn't be the same at all. It can't clean pores, for instance. But I don't find that the Clarisonic scrapes my face. Perhaps if it were used by pressing it firmly against the face it would?
But I don't think that is recommended.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Flitcraft and Sidda, so u used the microfiber cloth in place of your reg. face towel? So basically cleanse face first and then exfoliate your face with it?

So which is more effective? Clarisonic or Microfiber? So they can cleanse your pores from deep within? Thanks Smile
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Hi Flitcraft and Sidda, so u used the microfiber cloth in place of your reg. face towel? So basically cleanse face first and then exfoliate your face with it?

So which is more effective? Clarisonic or Microfiber? So they can cleanse your pores from deep within? Thanks Smile

I haven't used the microfiber cloths, but I don't think they're used as towels. I think you would use them to cleanse. My guess is that the clarisonic is better. I use a clarisonic knock off, the pretika and I use it with my cleanser. If you were using a microfiber cloth, I think it would be the same thing. Rinse your face with water, then squeeze some cleanser onto your cloth, and gently clean your face with it. That's my guess as to the procedure.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I use the microfiber cloth from NCN skincare and I love it. One time my microfiber cloth was in the wash and I used a regular wash cloth on my face and boy! it felt too harsh and my skin was red. Microfiber cloth certainly feels much more nicer and smoother and it is amazing how it polishes the skin. I would not have believed this if I was not a user! Also, I have no issues with acne or blackheads or clogged pores. I have very dry skin; I use the microfiber cloth because it really removes all the makeup and leaves my skin clean without drying it out. A wonderful invention!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-microfiber-cleansing-p_7754.htm

Is it something like this? So if I'm to use a cleansing milk at night to remove my makeup, I just wipe my face with the cloth in place of cotton pads & then rinse with water? I assume this cannot be used around the sensitive eye areas right? Thanks Smile
7angels

Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips guys!

I have been using a natural made face brush from Whole Foods a.m. and p.m. for 3 days now and I can tell a total difference in my skin....seems to be able to breath easier and it feels so much cleaner.

I will look up those other concealers you mentioned, thanks!
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I travel with my microfiber cloth instead of lots of cleansers. It does take off make-up and I use it gently on my eyes to remove eyeshadows, liner etc. Something about how the texture...I dunno how to explain this...pulls out the makeup and gunk. It works too. I bought the PSF ones - the 2 pack is something like $4 or something, so I have 4. And they are machine washable.

Also great to use when removing a mask and it sort of dries your face.

I also own the Clairsonic. But I'd hate to travel with this and lose it so $2 cloths are a great alternative.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |