Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to get rid of fat deposits?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a way to get rid of fat deposits?

I am quite slim and even if i lose weight i always have a pocket of fat on the top outside of each leg.

I dont have cellulite on my legs, but this bulge does, i cant seem to get rid of it.

i do a lot of exercise but its always there

i have tried endermologie on and off which didnt do a lot except make it more lumpy, also lipodissolve, which was a complete waste of time and money, also i have been having accent treatments which is meant to melt the fat but not sure if its working

has anyone tried any of these treatments? or any other ones like velashape, velasmooth etc.

i was thinking of trying carboxy but not sure if it works as its quite new

thanks! really want to get rid of these lumps before i go on holiday! Smile
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Well are you sure that a little fat on your hips is even that much of a problem? Maybe it's something that you notice and obsess about but no one else even knows that it's there....
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
it doesnt bother me normally but it does when i have to put on a bikini, i was hoping i could find a fat melting treatment, dont want to go down the lipo route
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Maybe try dry brushing the area?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
it doesnt bother me normally but it does when i have to put on a bikini, i was hoping i could find a fat melting treatment, dont want to go down the lipo route

I don't think there's anything that does what you want out there. I also don't think you should go the lipo route, that can make things worse. I still think that it's probably something that's totally normal. Most women have some sort of irrational insecurity... I think it's better to just be happy with what you have.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I agree. Those "bumps" may be one of the sexiest things about you. If you talk to men enough, you know it's these female-specific things that they worship and adore.

But you do have to OWN it. One of the sexiest women at my work is a tall redhead. She often wears stretch jeans and cowboy boots -- her personal style choice -- and she does it verrrry well. I was tempted to just envy her, then noticed the vitiligo on her arms, and, frankly, then I liked her even more. One hot day, she wore shorts, and flaunted the vitiligo on her legs. Her self-confidence was like a MAGNET. I was amazed at such an aura coming from a 28-year-old. But she is The Bomb!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Look into vaculifters:
EDS thread on cupping massage
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27735&start=0

If you are in North America, Nanci from NCN now carries these German devices and you can watch a video tutorial on how to use them on her site: www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/skincare-product-catalog/vacu-lift.html

In my last order from NCN, I got two vaculifters (small face and small body) and the vaculifter oil from her. I'm loving these gadgets

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
There is a difference between losing weight and losing fat, to lose fat you must cut your carb intake way down, then your body will start burning the fat everywhere. Most commercial diets will lose you 1lb of fat for every 3lbs lost, the rest is muscle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:57 am      Reply with quote
are we talking about the area not so lovingly described as saddlebags?

If it's fat, then you could lose fat (not weight) and do toning exercies that target the legs, hips and butt. I'd go down that route before anything drastic.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:09 am      Reply with quote
thanks for all your suggestions, yes they are saddlebags, lovely name! no matter how much weight i lose they are always there.

i am a personal trainer and do a lot of exercise, and am slim everywhere else but they refuse to budge, i would have to lose so much weight i would look ill before they would go!

thats the problem with fat deposits, they are stubborn and not like the rest of your bodyfat.

i have booked in for carboxy therapy which is a new treatment, they inject the area with carbon dioxide and its meant to destroy fat cells on contact! i know someone whos had it done and apparently its worked, its very cheap too, il let you know how i get on!
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ellie213. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience with carboxy treatments. Good luck!
Joanna
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just spotted this add in Australian Vogue for something called UltraShape. The blurb says:

"Developed by plastic surgeons and scientists, UltraShape is the leading non-invasive body contouring treatment. It uses focused ultrasound technology to target and reduce stubborn unwanted fat deposits."

The website iswww.ultrashape.net.au This is for Australia but I would presume it's available worldwide. Anyway, I'm not recommending or endorsing this - don't know anything about it. I just saw the add and thought it may be of interest.
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi keliu, thanks for that, yes i do know about it, i have looked into everything!

i think it probably would work but is quite expensive compared to the carboxy treatment, so il try that first, if it doesnt work i will go for the ultrashape, will keep you posted!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Well, try swimming to tone those areas so it won't be that visible? Swimming will tone all of your body, so I think a lot of leg swimming exercises will help you...

ellie213 wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to get rid of fat deposits?

I am quite slim and even if i lose weight i always have a pocket of fat on the top outside of each leg.

I dont have cellulite on my legs, but this bulge does, i cant seem to get rid of it.

i do a lot of exercise but its always there

i have tried endermologie on and off which didnt do a lot except make it more lumpy, also lipodissolve, which was a complete waste of time and money, also i have been having accent treatments which is meant to melt the fat but not sure if its working

has anyone tried any of these treatments? or any other ones like velashape, velasmooth etc.

i was thinking of trying carboxy but not sure if it works as its quite new

thanks! really want to get rid of these lumps before i go on holiday! Smile
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
i do a lot of exercise already, so dont know if swimming will make much difference

i have also decided to try callanetics as this is supposed to make a big difference to saddlebags and with slimming the whole thigh area in general

in 10 hours you are meant to drop about 2 dress sizes! starting tomorrow so will keep you posted!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
i do a lot of exercise already, so dont know if swimming will make much difference

i have also decided to try callanetics as this is supposed to make a big difference to saddlebags and with slimming the whole thigh area in general

in 10 hours you are meant to drop about 2 dress sizes! starting tomorrow so will keep you posted!

I've done Callanetics and Lotte Berk for years. Love it for thighs and hips. It works like nothing else I've ever done and I'm a fitness professional.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
Hi keliu, thanks for that, yes i do know about it, i have looked into everything!

i think it probably would work but is quite expensive compared to the carboxy treatment, so il try that first, if it doesnt work i will go for the ultrashape, will keep you posted!

Ellie213, do you mind if I ask how much is the carboxy treatment? I'm really curious. Thanks!
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:44 am      Reply with quote
its £100, which is really cheap compared to other similar treatments, having it done next week so will let you know if it works!
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:46 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart how often do you do callanetics? and have you tried super callanetics? which gives better results?

do you do cardio as well? i was reading that you shouldnt do cardio as it can make the thighs bulkier but i would have thought you need to burn off the fat as well as toning?

thanks
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
ellie213 wrote:

I've done Callanetics and Lotte Berk for years. Love it for thighs and hips. It works like nothing else I've ever done and I'm a fitness professional.

I have done Callanetics and even made a video when it first came out for my friends to follow that was before a video was developed and the only source was the book. For me it just wasn't fun to do, too much focus and discipline although it was trimming. Later I moved to a aeropilates which I have stayed with and love. I have never had anything to deal with cellulite like this machine. Also I used to have spider veins on the inside of my knees and using the cardio rebounder on the aeropilates has gotten rid of them. I used to be an aerobics instructor so I have tried lots of things. I have even gone on a juice fast for 8 weeks Embarassed , all kinds of strange diets to lose cellulite, and now using the aeropilates along with the vaculift has gotten me in wonderful shape. My body is elongated and more dancer looking. I couldn't be more pleased.
Toby
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
ellie213 wrote:

I have done Callanetics and even made a video when it first came out for my friends to follow that was before a video was developed and the only source was the book. For me it just wasn't fun to do, too much focus and discipline although it was trimming. Later I moved to a aeropilates which I have stayed with and love. I have never had anything to deal with cellulite like this machine. Also I used to have spider veins on the inside of my knees and using the cardio rebounder on the aeropilates has gotten rid of them. I used to be an aerobics instructor so I have tried lots of things. I have even gone on a juice fast for 8 weeks Embarassed , all kinds of strange diets to lose cellulite, and now using the aeropilates along with the vaculift has gotten me in wonderful shape. My body is elongated and more dancer looking. I couldn't be more pleased.
Toby

LOL. I'm a pilates instructor. Do it daily but I still think Berk and Callanetics work best on the hips. And you don't have to the hundred reps that Callan says either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Look into vaculifters:
EDS thread on cupping massage
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27735&start=0

If you are in North America, Nanci from NCN now carries these German devices and you can watch a video tutorial on how to use them on her site: www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/skincare-product-catalog/vacu-lift.html

In my last order from NCN, I got two vaculifters (small face and small body) and the vaculifter oil from her. I'm loving these gadgets

I got the vaculifter for the face and started using it every other day for the past couple of weeks.
LOVE IT!!! And my skin loves it. The 11's are starting to soften, my skin has better circulation and glow AND it's not hard to use. In fact, it's relaxing.
Love it love it love it. Once again Nanci has another hit on her hands!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
go towww.makemeheal.com go to the lipo forum ,pose the question there,that is an invaluable source of wealth of info there, u can even pose questions to drs too.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
But isn't NCN's vaculifter a little bit expensive ?? Embarassed

4 of them will be almost 400$ ! And the idea is so simple...

May be I should check the local China town...
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Try a Ketogenic diet, it won't cost you anything, just google it.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |