Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eye Pimple?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I all of a sudden felt like I got something in my eye. I went to the bathroom and pulled my eyelid up to see if I could see anything in my eye. Instead what it was was a small clear, skin colored round bump on the upper inner rim of my eye where you tightline. I don't do that, but I certainly can't now.

The only discomfort of it is that it is touching my eyeball and irritating it when I blink. I tried looking up what it could be but the only thing that came up was a stye. However besides for the bump, there are none of the other symptoms listed of a stye. There is no burning, no itching, no redness, no swelling, no pain etc. It doesn't even feel infected, just this bump that all of a sudden appeared. It looks slightly bigger today but it's still super small with no other symptoms. Do you have any idea what this is or how to get rid of it? Have you ever gotten one? Thanks.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have one of those too. It's on the lower rim of my right eye. I console myself with the thought that I'm probably the only person that notices it. I think it's like milia.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Its probably a stye. You can try treating it with a warm compress, which is difficult to do. You do not want to try to pop it.
If it keeps getting bigger or worse I'd see a dr. Also don't wear eye makeup.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
It is a stye for sure. Which is nothing more than a blocked tear duct. I would suggest warm compresses, NOT HOT, continuously. Do it a few times a day (like 6). It will come to a head and either clear or white stuff will come out. I would also suggest that while you are applying the warm compress, apply a small amount of pressure. Eventually what will happen is the warm compress will open it up and the gunk will come out. You will feel instant relief when it releases.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've had these tiny warty-looking things on occasion on the inner rims of my eyes. I've had styes and blocked glands (the kind you have to have excised) in the past, and these little bumps definitely are neither of those.

I first noticed them appearing after starting to use Revitalash; that may be completely coincidental but it's the only thing that I'd done different that was specific to my eyes. They are a bit irritating, and feel like I've got something caught in my eye that no amount of blinking will dislodge. In any event, they go away quickly and have never developed into anything I would consider problematic.

I've cut my use of Revitalash from every night to every second or third night and the bumps appear a lot less often. I love my long eyelashes but like being comfortable, too.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
It is a stye for sure. Which is nothing more than a blocked tear duct. I would suggest warm compresses, NOT HOT, continuously. Do it a few times a day (like 6). It will come to a head and either clear or white stuff will come out. I would also suggest that while you are applying the warm compress, apply a small amount of pressure. Eventually what will happen is the warm compress will open it up and the gunk will come out. You will feel instant relief when it releases.

I agree! Just don't try to pop it out. Apply a warm compress and eventually it will help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think I have one of those before and it is painful. I guess it's a result of not removing your eye makeup thouroughly or the cleanser gets into your eyes. I remember my first painful one is after I used Fancl Cleansing Oil...perhaps I didn't remove the oil residue well enough.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:26 am      Reply with quote
if you get them often you need to descale your lashline regularly, otherwise it can lead to all sorts of complications like developing into a calazion (stye within the eyelid). use a cotton bud and boil it in water, wait for it to cool and just wipe in one direction. this helps to drain the hair ducts as well.

careful with the hot compress, as it can lead to broken capillaries on the eyelids. it should clear up within a few days, so avoid makeup during that time and ensure you cleanse with a pH friendly gel cleanser suitable for eye use.

i also would avoid OTC eye drops, anything to treat styes and other infections in the eyes needs to be prescription based anti bacterial drops and ointments.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:29 am      Reply with quote
This post is very timely. I just saw my 52 yr-old brother yesterday for the first time in about 6 months. He had a small, red bump under his lower lid and I asked if he had a stye. He said that it was actually a pimple. He had gotten this about 6 weeks ago and said it was so horrible looking he considered wearing an eye patch so he wouldn't gross anybody out. He went to the opthamologist (initially thinking it was a stye) and was told a stye is an infected hair follicle and this was just a pimple. He gave him antibiotic drops to use and it is shrinking, but still noticeable. He figures it'll be at least another month before it's gone. BTW, this is a man who has practically never had a pimple in his life. Go figure!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've got one of those on my tear duct right now! Don't pop it as it may get worse or cause futher infection.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw my brother again about a week ago...he STILL has it and it really doesn't look any better! Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I had a spot like that on my lower eyelid for about 2 years. It was red and sometimes sore, but it didn't always hurt. Most of the time, my eyelid was just red, not visibly inflamed at all--you couldn't even see the bump. Even a round of antibiotic eye drops didn't clear it up. Well, one day, about a year ago, I was scratching my eye and I felt something hard come from my eyelid. It looked like the contents of a very clogged pore. Very gross, but the redness finally went away and it was just fine.

Yesterday I noticed that the spot has come back. It looks like a small clogged pore that I might have on any other part of my face. But it's not sore yet. If it gets red like last time, I'll be making a trip to the eye doctor. But I guess sometimes those spots just take a while to clear up on their own.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |