Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help for dried out frizzy highlights???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I recently got very blonde chunky highlights in my dark brown hair. They look great, but the blonde parts are very frizzy once my hair is dried. I have tried EVERYTHING, john frieda frizzease, biosilk, aveda shine stuff, pureology hair serum, pantene serum, everything!!!.
Does any one have any tricks/products that can help me with this???
I try not to dry my hair and have only been using the flat iron on my bangs, so I don't think that has to do with it, I just think it is damaged from going so light.
Thanks for any help!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Um, did you do it yourself or at a salon?
Maybe the salon can help you figure it out, or you could try Redken Extreme Deep Fuel treatment. It's a good conditioner and has rescued me from my "experiments" ! Confused
If it's brassy too, you could use the conditioner packets that come in L'Oreal Feria Bleach Blonde home color. They add back the blue pigment so the hair looks less brassy, and leave it smooth too.
I wouldn't add insult to injury by ironing! How bout blowdrying on low/cool with a vent brush?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
No, I didn't do it myself, I had it done at an expensive salon. I try not to blow it, and I have avoided the flat iron on it entirely b/c I am scared it will break off. I will look into those products, can I get them at Sally's?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut oil pre-shampoo really helps with my frizzies. I leave it on 20-30 minutes.
kylie

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
i myself have very blonde hair and find it less frizzy when i straighten it, i use a spray which goes on before you straighten to help with the heat then i use a conditioning gel to smooth over when finished

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
amylola
Hi! I found Redken Deep Fuel at Trade Secret, but I've seen it in some supermarkets too. I want to say it's $11 for 5 packets. You can get about 4 uses out of each packet if your hair is short.
The L'Oreal Feria conditioner comes in the Feria Home Color kit. I don't think that it's sold separately.
For the price you probably paid for the highlights, you'd think they'd throw in a nice conditioning product, wouldn't you? What did they recommend to you?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I did the same thing, except it was by my own doing (home highlights). To keep it de-frizzed, I use a small amount of Redken's Smooth Down Detangling Cream with a couple drops of jojoba oil. After getting out of the shower, I use those as a leave-in treatment. Does a good job of making it look healthy and not frizzy.

By the way, Redken's Smooth Down line is excellent if you're looking for something to hydrate and de-frizz hair. Let me warn you, it is very heavy. It does work for me, though. Been using it for years.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the suggestions, I will definitely try them. I do sometimes put coconut oil on my hair over night and it doesn't seem to help.
My hair is long too, so I will definitely look for the redken stuff and maybe just put some coconut oil on the highlighted parts at night and sleep with it and see if that does it.
The salon recommended bumble & bumble, but it gave me big lumps on my scalp? It was wierd, so I stopped using it.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I was talking to my hair stylist about my co-workers hair. It is very damaged. She straight irons it every day and also has highlights. My hair stylist's response was that she stop using the straight iron and use Enjoy mask. I use the Enjoy mask as a conditioner and love the way it looks. I also use sea emolliant with it. HTH
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

The L'Oreal Feria conditioner comes in the Feria Home Color kit. I don't think that it's sold separately.

For the price you probably paid for the highlights, you'd think they'd throw in a nice conditioning product, wouldn't you? What did they recommend to you?

I bought the L'oreal Feria Conditioner at Sally's. You can buy a packet or a small tube. If you go to Sally's they offer lots of conditioners in one time use packets to try before buying the larger size.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely the best thing I have tried is Kerastase - the deep conditioner that I got off of Amazon.

However, the thing that's ultimately repaired my bleached hair is RARELY, if ever, blow-drying or using a flat iron on it. I've just been going "wavy" for a few months, along with frequent cuts, and this has made a huge difference. It's really long and pretty - letting go of the flat iron was hard but now I've come to like my hair. I used to use a Fekkai thermal protectant on my hair before using heat on it, and still do, but NOT using heat has done a lot.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |