Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Thalgo Cleaning Milk for Dry/Sensentive Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
This product was recommended to me at a spa I frequently a while back. My skin (at the time) was slightly red and sensitive around my nose and usually quite dry around the nose and on the cheeks. I seldom broke out but do have enlarged pores on the nose.

After 1.5 years, I think this product is great - it's nice and creamy to use (still reminds me of butter ... not that I rub butter on my face Laughing) and leaves me with a clean feeling. I can even wash my skin without having to apply a toner and moisturizer immediately for fear that my skin will dry out and start to crack (this is a first for me!). I do couple this with the Toner for Dry/Sensitive skin by Thalgo as well. The scent is soft. The redness around my nose has disappeared overtime and my skin looks overall healthy. Still little to no break-outs. The enlarged pores are still there but smaller and cleaner. This product didn't produce immediate results, but over time, it's done a great job!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review ulana. I have trial sizes of this cleanser and toner stashed away but after your review I think that I will try them tomorrow morning. I have recently been having problems with dry,sensitive skin around my nose so hopefully it will work for me!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Is that the delicacy cleansing milk? I tried that once and it was really lovely.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Yup - that's the one (had too many characters in the subject so I had to reduce).
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I love the smell and find that it removes makeup really well. I prefer Dermalogica's PreCleanse though.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I used this cleansing milk and the toner today and it seemed to make my face feel uncomfortable. I am not sure how to describe it exactly but will try again tomorrow and see what I think.

Question, should the cleansing milk be applied to dry or wet skin?
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I did it when my face was wet (just like soap, if I can compare it to something). And wash off with water. My face usually feels clean (almost squeaky) after washing the cleansing milk off.

Can you try to explain the "uncomfortable" feeling (I know you said it's hard, but I'm curious now).
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
ulana I seem to be having a totally different experience with the cleansing milk than you are.

Yesterday I used the cleanser in the morning and used the toner right afterwards. I applied the cleanser to dry skin and rinsed thoroughly. My skin felt like it had some cleanser residue which the toner took care of easily. I did not have the tight sensation like I sometimes get when I use a cleanser that over dries (sadly a lot of cleansers do this). The only way that I can describe how my skin felt is to say it felt tight, not the over dried type of tight but just not comfortable either. It felt this way all day even after I put my moisturizer on. I noticed during the day that the skin around my eyes was itchy and that the skin under my nose was itchy as well. I was thinking maybe I was having a reaction to something in the Thalgo since it was the only thing that I did differently but it seemed not to make sense since the products are supposed to be great for sensitive skin.

I decided to give the cleanser and toner another try yesterday evening and experienced the following. I first cleansed my face with my Kanebo cleansing oil. After I was done cleansing with the oil my face "felt" clean but I always use another cleanser because I have oily/combo skin and am too afraid to use the oil by itself. I then applied the Thalgo cleanser to my wet face and it was stinging slightly. The feel of the cleanser reminds me of Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser but I like your description of buttery (it feels like a buttery Cetaphil). Now here is what puzzles me. When I rinsed my face with water I felt cleanser residue. My face felt less clean that it did after using the cleansing oil! I did not get the almost squeaky feeling like you do, I wonder if this is because my water is very hard? So after cleansing I really felt like I had to use the toner. When I used the toner it stung as well but it did a good job and my skin felt clean afterwards. It felt like I think my skin should feel after cleansing, clean but soft. I also experienced the tight feeling and itching plus some heat in my cheeks all last night. It sounds like I might be having a reaction to something in this (nothing new my skin reacts to a lot of things even stuff that is supposed to be good for sensitive skin).

Sorry for the long post! My overall impression: I really like how the cleanser/toner combined make my skin feel clean but not over dry. I don't think that the cleanser alone would sufficiently clean my skin and think that this has something to do with my water. Unfortunately, I have a bad reaction to this so I won't be using it.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Theresa you sure do have sensitive skin. Wasn't it you who reacted even to Remergent?

My friend in Australia is EXTREMELY susceptible to severe eczema on her face and she cannot use Thalgo at all because of the fragrances.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
yes tiger_tim, I was the one who also reacted to Remergent!

I have a feeling that with the Thalgo the fragrance might be the culprit and have a suspicion that with the Remergent it might be the Polysorbates but that is something that I have to look into more. I started suspecting polysorbates after trying the Pevonia Soothing Propolis Concentrate and experiencing the same reaction that I had to the Remergent and wondering what in it could be causing a problem.

My skin is so unpredictable. The one product that I was almost certain that I would have trouble with but tried anyway was the Proheal serum. But I have been using this for 11 days and have had no problems with it, I even went ahead and ordered a full size! I usually cannot tolerate fragrance but for some reason the fragrance in the Cellcosmet Eye Cream (which is strong) does not irritate my skin. Sometimes it seems that what I think will not bother my skin does and those that I think will bother my skin don't.
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I used this product for a while. Ifound it quite nice but I prefer a foaming cleanser rather than a milk and my face never really feels clean after milk type cleansers.
sucencen
5% products discount

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Wow, Theresa you sure do have sensitive skin. Wasn't it you who reacted even to Remergent?

My friend in Australia is EXTREMELY susceptible to severe eczema on her face and she cannot use Thalgo at all because of the fragrances.

I think it would be better if you place cleanser on your dry face and massage gentlely for a while, then apply thalgo tonic on cotton pad to remove the cleanser. Just like Decleor products,the cleanser always go with the tonic.
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:07 am      Reply with quote
My skin can't tolerate products with fragrance which can be irritating and annoying. I would use Eminence Chamomile Cleansing Milk which is mild.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |